39. Guest
40. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,825

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Advanced ICK cures(Do not try this)
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Advanced ICK cures(Do not try this)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garothmaan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:47 pm Post subject: Advanced ICK cures(Do not try this) Reply with quote

Do  water  changes  frequently.  A  little  warm  water  may  help.  How  old  are  these  fishes  ?  they  have  to  be  at  a  particular  age  to  get  back  to  normal.

Garothmaan,  I  have  split  this  since  Ryel's  query  has  already  been  answered.  This  is  in  the  chit  chat  section,  since  disease  and  cures  are  very  serious  subjects  and  people  who  post  there  do  need  immediate  help!  Prove  your  theory  to  our  satisfaction  and  I  will  move  this  back  to  disease  and  cures.
 Nayak.
garothmaan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:05 pm Post subject: Re: Neon Tetras have White Spot disease Reply with quote

Take  about  1  gallon  of  warm  water,  add  10  to  15  drops  rid-  all(blue)  in  it.  keep  it  idle  for  about  3  hrs  or  so  and  then  add  it  in  your  tank.  Make  sure  water  is  a  little  hotter  than  warm.  do  50%  water  changes  daily  and  1  gallon  of  this  warm  water.
Arnab
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:25 pm Post subject: Re: Neon Tetras have White Spot disease Reply with quote

Garothmaan  

Have  you  tried  this  in  any  of  your  setup?  What  was  the  success  rate  if  you  have  tried  this?  What  is  the  meaning  of  "little  hotter  than  warm"?  0C  will  be  warm  for  an  Eskimo.   Very Happy  

I  think  that  adding  warm  water  will  raise  the  temperature  all  of  a  sudden  adding  stress  for  the  already  sick  fish  and  will  do  more  harm  than  good.

Warm  regards.
 Arnab.
Linelogic
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:59 pm Post subject: Re: Neon Tetras have White Spot disease Reply with quote

garothmaan  wrote  (View  Post):                
.  keep  it  idle  for  about  3  hrs  or  so  and  then  add  it  in  your  tank.  .                

I  don't  understand  the  logic  in  it   Surprised   .....  Can  you  explain  ?!

Arnab  is  right  about  not  adding  warm  water  into  the  tank,  as  this  sudden  change  in  temp  may  shock  the  fish.  You  need  to  slowly  raise  the  temp  by  using  a  heater.
garothmaan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:44 am Post subject: Re: Neon Tetras have White Spot disease Reply with quote

Arnab  wrote  (View  Post):                
Garothmaan  

Have  you  tried  this  in  any  of  your  setup?  What  was  the  success  rate  if  you  have  tried  this?  What  is  the  meaning  of  "little  hotter  than  warm"?  0C  will  be  warm  for  an  Eskimo.   Very Happy  

I  think  that  adding  warm  water  will  raise  the  temperature  all  of  a  sudden  adding  stress  for  the  already  sick  fish  and  will  do  more  harm  than  good.

Warm  regards.
 Arnab.                

YES!  I  have  tried  it,  FYKI-  People  use  "heaters"  does  that  ring  a  bell   Cheer Up  .  Your  words  are  itself  saying  in  context  "I  THINK"  .  When  you  are  sure  then,  dont  say  "I  THINK"...  and  what  about  your  "  conclusion  greeting"  "WARM  REGARDS"  which  warm  is  that,  the  room  temprature  or  your  body  temprature?  ROFL
garothmaan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:48 am Post subject: Re: Neon Tetras have White Spot disease Reply with quote

Linelogic  wrote  (View  Post):                

.  keep  it  idle  for  about  3  hrs  or  so  and  then  add  it  in  your  tank.  .                

I  don't  understand  the  logic  in  it   Surprised   .....  Can  you  explain  ?!

Arnab  is  right  about  not  adding  warm  water  into  the  tank,  as  this  sudden  change  in  temp  may  shock  the  fish.  You  need  to  slowly  raise  the  temp  by  using  a  heater.                

Yes  yes  I  know  that,  but  all  conventional  heaters  do  not  go  above  35  deg....  warm  water  meaning  29  deg  to  31  deg...

Adding  water  in  a  planted  tank  itself  is  a  slow  process,  "DO  YOU  JUST  THROW  WATER  IN  A  PLANTED  TANK  LL?"   

WARM  REGDS(without  heater)
 garothmaaan  ROFL
garothmaan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:02 am Post subject: Re: Advanced ICK cures(Do not try this) Reply with quote

ROFL   ROFL   ROFL   Drinking  

@  Nayak  "Prove  what?  "  Using  warm  water  in  Planted  tank  to  Cure?  

why  will  it  not  cure  YOU!  tell  us  !
jaws
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:23 am Post subject: Re: Advanced ICK cures(Do not try this) Reply with quote

How  many  days  does  this  take?
rasikanayak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:35 am Post subject: Re: Advanced ICK cures(Do not try this) Reply with quote

@  Nayak  "Prove  what?  "  Using  warm  water  in  Planted  tank  to  Cure?  

why  will  it  not  cure  YOU!  tell  us  !                

Garothmaan,  The  onus  is  on  you  to  prove.  If  you  want,  I  will  post  a  few  queries.

have  to  be  at  a  particular  age  to  get  back  to  normal.

Why?  And  how  do  you  determine  the  age  of  fish  purchased  from  LFS?

Take  about  1  gallon  of  warm  water,  add  10  to  15  drops  rid-  all(blue)  in  it.  keep  it  idle  for  about  3  hrs  or  so  and  then  add  it  in  your  tank.  Make  sure  water  is  a  little  hotter  than  warm.  do  50%  water  changes  daily  and  1  gallon  of  this  warm  water.

US  gallon  or  UK  gallon?  10-15  drops  depending  on  what?  Do  we  heat  the  water  before  keeping  it  "Idle  for  three  hours"  or  after  we  keep  it  "Idle"?  Is  it  the  same  one  gallon  of  warm  water  to  a  7.48  or  14.61  or  25.25  or  59.84  gallon  (US)  quarantine  tank?  And  so  on  and  so  forth.

Regards,
garothmaan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:49 am Post subject: Re: Advanced ICK cures(Do not try this) Reply with quote

jaws  wrote  (View  Post):                
How  many  days  does  this  take?                

In  a  tank  spec  with  Normal  Conditions(  some  where  near  7  Bunglows  on  6th  floor):-  36"l  X  15"  b  X  18"H-  averagely  planted,  approximate  temp  28  deg  (temp  checked)  all  neon  tetras(  30  nos),
   (I  dont  know  the  name  of  plants  pls)  drift  wood,  daily  water  changes,  and  mind  you...the  food  give  to  them  is  those  small  red,green  and  brown  danas.(hungry  eyes)  All  these  were  doing  realy  good  for  1  year  or  so.

One  fine  day-  white  spots  on  all  of  them,  I  could  barely  see  the  spots,  but  the  owner  could.  As-it  -is-it  was  summer,  the  planted  tank  was  little  high  on  temp,  we  could  not  put  a  heater  because  no  space.  Nor  could  we  hung  it.  I  dont  know  the  filter  but  it  looked  like  that  eihem  1

so  we  used  a  tub  and  heated  the  water(heating  rod).  then  let  it  cool  down  fro  3  hrs.  then  added  rid  all  (blue)  about  10  to  15  drops.  Then  we  used  aquarium  heater,  raised  it  to  30deg  temp,  and  slowly  simultaneously  moved  the  water  in  the  tank  (down  draft).  It  was  a  very  straineous  process  for  2  weeks,  because  all  the  gravel  and  soil  got  disturbed,  even  with  a  small  air  pipe.

Last edited by garothmaan on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
drug
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:50 am Post subject: Re: Advanced ICK cures(Do not try this) Reply with quote

Aaah  The  old  Percy  that  we  loved  to  hate  is  back.......   Thumb Up  

many  of  the  newbies  don't  know  him

This  should  be  fun  to  watch......   Chuckle  
garothmaan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:55 am Post subject: Re: Advanced ICK cures(Do not try this) Reply with quote

drug  wrote  (View  Post):                
Aaah  The  old  Percy  that  we  loved  to  hate  is  back.......   Thumb Up  

many  of  the  newbies  don't  know  him

This  should  be  fun  to  watch......   Chuckle  

\

YOOOOOOO  UNIIIIIIIIIIIII-  I  am  BACK...........
jaws
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:32 pm Post subject: Re: Advanced ICK cures(Do not try this) Reply with quote

2  weeks  to  itch  the  ick.   Surprised
garothmaan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:38 pm Post subject: Re: Advanced ICK cures(Do not try this) Reply with quote

jaws  wrote  (View  Post):                
2  weeks  to  itch  the  ick.   Surprised                

Ya  infact,  20  days  I  should  say.  But  none  of  them  died.

And  the  biggest  problem  is,  while  changing  water,  I  had  to  see  that  all  the  plants  remain  standing  position.  After  the  3rd  day,  the  fishes  kept  swimming  on  the  top  end  of  the  tank.  And  this  guy  also  had  the  CO2  system,  so  it  was  a  big  risk  adding  any  medicine  directly  into  the  water.  The  blue  liquid  some  times  settel  on  plants  and  get  stuck.  So  we  decided  to  first  thoroughly  disolve  and  mix  it  in  another  place  and  then  add  slowly.  Ths  guy  was  very  whimsical..so  I  also  had  to  see  that  because  of  the  fish  the  relationships  dont  get  edgy  Smile
Sanket
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:45 pm Post subject: Re: Advanced ICK cures(Do not try this) Reply with quote

As  per  my  experience  ich  goes  in  3days  max  5days.
 I  just  add  rock  salt  and  increase  the  temp  to  30deg(i  have  cichlids)  and  ich  goes
 i  have  never  used  any  blue/yellow/copper  or  any  sort  of  liquid.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Chit Chat All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: