168. Guest
169. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,835

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - my rescue from a construction site ....
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

my rescue from a construction site ....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Fishkeeping and Aquaristics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shashank88
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:44 pm Post subject: my rescue from a construction site .... Reply with quote

found  this  soft  shell  turtle  tank  with  cement  water  so  got  him  from  there

Uploaded  with  ImageShack.us
jedik1
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:12 pm Post subject: Re: my rescue from a construction site .... Reply with quote

Preferably  you  should  donate  the  same  to  Wildlife  Rescue  and  Rehabilitation  Center,  Bannerghatta  National  Park...so  that  they  can  release  the  turtle  back  to  the  wild  where  it  belongs.

If  you  want  to  do  that  I  can  help  with  it.  I  am  a  member.  You  can  call/msg  me  @  9742124806  and  I  can  arrange  a  pickup  from  your  place  and  also  a  visit  to  WRRC  for  you.
shashank88
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: my rescue from a construction site .... Reply with quote

jedik1  wrote  (View  Post):                
Preferably  you  should  donate  the  same  to  Wildlife  Rescue  and  Rehabilitation  Center,  Bannerghatta  National  Park...so  that  they  can  release  the  turtle  back  to  the  wild  where  it  belongs.

If  you  want  to  do  that  I  can  help  with  it.  I  am  a  member.  You  can  call/msg  me  @  9742124806  and  I  can  arrange  a  pickup  from  your  place  and  also  a  visit  to  WRRC  for  you.                

first  i   want  to  know  if  it  is  legal  to  keep  them  if  so  then  i'll  keep  him  but  if  it  is  offence  it  keep  it  then  i'll  give  it  to  rehabilitation  center   after  few  months  because  i  want  to  see  how  big  he  will  grow  and  dont  worry  he  is  in  a  very  good  pond  ....  he  is  growing  very  well  so  no  problem  and  this  site  is  always  there  to  help  me  if  there  is  any  problem  Very Happy
alpha91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:54 pm Post subject: Re: my rescue from a construction site .... Reply with quote

It  is  illegal  as  long  as  it  is  a  native  specie.  It  will  be  better  if  you  release  it  back  into  the  wild!
jabba
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:02 am Post subject: Re: my rescue from a construction site .... Reply with quote

i  say  u  keep  it.....with  descent  fooood......atleast  it  will  not  reach  somebody's  plate  for  a  dinner  if  u  pit  them  back  to  wild.....though  they  deserve  to  be  there  in  wild
stalingard
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:11 am Post subject: Re: my rescue from a construction site .... Reply with quote

keep  it  to  the  extant  you  can  justify  it  &  assure  your  self  that  your  actions  wont  cause  it  any  harm.

jedik1  wrote:                

and  also  a  visit  to  WRRC  for  you.  

Can  other's[me]  join  you?  wanna  see
Titash
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:08 am Post subject: Re: my rescue from a construction site .... Reply with quote

yes  i  would  also  suggest  to  release  it  back  in  the  wild.............
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
pandianG
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:33 am Post subject: Re: my rescue from a construction site .... Reply with quote

native  species  are  ban  form  keeping  as  pet.  Still  you  have  the  option  to  keep  it  or  not.

If  you  can  get  info  his  species  details  and  healthy  keeping  of  this  creature,  then  it  will  be  ok  to  keep  him.  if  not  please  hand  over  to  wild  life  authorities.
shashank88
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:55 am Post subject: Re: my rescue from a construction site .... Reply with quote

guys  i'm  keeping  this  turtle  for  another  6-8  months  then  i'l  give  it  to  "WRRC"  or  government  aquarium
Chetan3
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:33 pm Post subject: Re: my rescue from a construction site .... Reply with quote

I  guess  the  bottom  line  is  ...  will  the  turtle  be  happier  in  your  pond  or  in  the  wild?

Here  are  some  objective  points  to  think  about  before  making  your  decision:

1)  If  it  has  grown  in  the  wild  it  will  be  used  to  the  vast  expansiveness.  Your  pond  size  seems  too  small  to  keep  it  happy  in  that  case.

2)  Now  in  India  it  is  common  to  have  native  turtles  kept  in  water-wells  since  ages.  But  again  a  well  provides  more  freedom  of  swimming  area  than  the  pond  you  have.

3)  But  the  security  of  its  survival  in  the  wild  is  questionable  since  it  ended  up  in  the  cement  water.

4)  It  no  doubt  would  have  had  a  stressful  journey.  So  your  pond  will  give  it  ample  resting  environment  to  recover.

5)  Now  from  a  completely  different  perspective  (I  am  not  forcing  you  to  believe  in  this  if  you  don't)  ...  It  is  interesting  that  the  turtle  has  come  to  you.  You  have  not  captured  it.  From  a  spiritual  perspective  it  points  to  the  likelihood  of  it  being  in  the  turtle's  karma  of  seeking  you  (and  in  yours  to  receive  it).  Whether  its  karma  is  to  be  with  you  temporarily  or  for  long-term  can  be  discovered  by  some  simple  methods.
 See  how  the  turtle  reacts  to  your  presence  over  a  extended  period  of  time.  If  it  displays  fear  even  after  a  couple  of  months  then  it  is  time  to  let  go.  If  anything  otherwise  then  it  may  be  happier  with  you.
 Alternatively  from  combination  of  Feng-shui  and  karmic  principles,  you  may  observe  how  its  presence  has  influenced  your  life.  If  certain  fortunate  events  occur  in  your  (or  your  family  member's)  life  in  areas  ruled  by  the  turtle  spirit  then  it  is  probably  wise  to  let  it  stay  with  you.  If  not,  then  let  it  go.
 The  areas  of  life  ruled/affected  by  the  turtle  spirit  (black  turtle)  are:
 -  Career   -  Path  towards  the  future   -  Spiritual  path  to  enlightenment
 If  the  pond  is  in  the  North  end  of  your  home  then  its  influence  should  be  maximum.  Alternatively  if  it  comes  in  SE  or  East,  then  it  is  favorable  as  well.
 If  your  pond  and  turtle's  position  has  come  in  any  of  these  3  directions  it  will  probably  bring  positive  influences  (prosperity  or  health).  If  not,  then  it's  effects  maybe  neutral...  or  negative  if  it's  in  the  South  end  direction.  Either  ways,  try  to  observe  it's  influence  over  a  span  of  2-3  months.  If  something  uniquely  positive  is  incurred,  you  may  consider  letting  it  stay.  If  no  specific  change  or  negative  influence  is  observed,  then  let  it  go.  In  this  way  the  odds  are  pegged  at  2/3  chance  of  it  being  released  back.

Hmmm  the  point  5  is  not  something  I  intended  to  discuss  initially.  Not  something  I  would  usually  discuss  in  this  forum.  However  your  peculiar  story  brought  up  its  possible  implications  in  my  mind.
 If  you  or  any  other  member  do  not  believe  in  this  perspective,  then  kindly  simply  ignore  it.

happy  deciding!

put  up  more  pics  of  it!  ...  what  are  you  feeding  it  presently?

cheers!

Last edited by Chetan3 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
shashank88
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:09 pm Post subject: Re: my rescue from a construction site .... Reply with quote

Chetan3  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  guess  the  bottom  line  is  ...  will  the  turtle  be  happier  in  your  pond  or  in  the  wild?

Here  are  some  objective  points  to  think  about  before  making  your  decision:

1)  If  it  has  grown  in  the  wild  it  will  be  used  to  the  vast  expansiveness.  Your  pond  size  seems  too  small  to  keep  it  happy  in  that  case.

2)  Now  in  India  it  is  common  to  have  native  turtles  kept  in  water-wells  since  ages.  But  again  a  well  provides  more  freedom  of  swimming  area  than  the  pond  you  have.

3)  But  the  security  of  its  survival  in  the  wild  is  questionable  since  it  ended  up  in  the  cement  water.

4)  It  no  doubt  would  have  had  a  stressful  journey.  So  your  pond  will  give  it  ample  resting  environment  to  recover.

5)  Now  from  a  completely  different  perspective  (I  am  not  forcing  you  to  believe  in  this  if  you  don't)  ...  It  is  interesting  that  the  turtle  has  come  to  you.  You  have  not  captured  it.  From  a  spiritual  perspective  it  points  to  the  likelihood  of  it  being  in  the  turtle's  karma  of  seeking  you  (and  in  yours  to  receive  it).  Whether  its  karma  is  to  be  with  you  temporarily  or  for  long-term  can  be  discovered  by  some  simple  methods.
 See  how  the  turtle  reacts  to  your  presence  over  a  extended  period  of  time.  If  it  displays  fear  even  after  a  couple  of  months  then  it  is  time  to  let  go.  If  anything  otherwise  then  it  may  be  happier  with  you.
 Finally  from  combination  of  Feng-shui  and  karmic  principles,  you  may  observe  how  its  presence  has  affected  your  life.  If  certain  fortunate  events  occur  in  your  life  in  areas  ruled  by  the  turtle  spirit  then  it  is  probably  wise  to  let  it  stay  with  you.  If  not,  then  let  it  go.
 The  areas  of  life  ruled/affected  by  the  turtle  spirit  (maximized  by  a  black  colored  turtle)  are:
 -  Career   -  Path  towards  the  future   -  Spiritual  path  to  enlightenment
 If  the  pond  is  in  the  North  end  of  your  home  then  its  influence  should  be  maximum.  Alternatively  if  it  comes  in  SE  or  East,  then  it  is  favorable  as  well.
 If  your  pond  and  turtle's  position  has  come  in  any  of  these  3  directions  it  will  probably  bring  positive  influences.  If  not,  then  it's  effects  maybe  neutral...  or  negative  if  it's  in  the  South  end  direction.  Either  ways,  try  to  observe  it's  influence  over  a  span  of  2-3  months.  If  something  uniquely  positive  is  incurred,  you  may  consider  letting  it  stay.  If  no  specific  change  or  negative  influence  is  observed,  then  let  it  go.  In  this  way  the  odds  are  pegged  at  2/3  chance  of  it  being  released  back.

Hmmm  the  point  5  is  not  something  I  intended  to  discuss  initially.  Not  something  I  would  usually  discuss  in  this  forum.  However  your  peculiar  story  brought  up  its  possible  implications  in  my  mind.
 If  you  or  any  other  member  do  not  believe  in  this  perspective,  then  kindly  simply  ignore  it.

happy  deciding!

put  up  more  pics  of  it!  ...  what  are  you  feeding  it  presently?

cheers!                

1)  yes  this  turtle  is  from  wild  but  its  natural  habitat  has  been  destroyed  now  so  it  was  very  easy  to  capture  by  those  people  who  were  keeping  him  earlier  but  they  had  kept  him  in  a  drum  full  of  cement  water  ,i  felt  very  bad  of  that  so  i  got  him  
 2)that  is  a  cement  pond  buy  i  have  1  feet  of  mud  in  it  and  the  capacity  of  that  tank  is  about  1500  gallons  and  there  are  lot  of  fishes  in  it  because  that  is  my  breeding  pond  of  platies  and  guppy  
 3)he  deserves  to  be  in  wild  i  know  that  but  i  dont  know  if  he  is  fully  fit  to  be  in  wild  so  i  dont  want  to  take  risk  
 4)i  have  not  pot  any  boundaries  for  him  he  can  come  out  when  ever  he  wants  and  can  go  you  but  he  has  not  dont  that  so  i  think  he  is  happy  in  this  tank  and  more  over  i  feel  that  he  is  also  growing  about  2"  in  length
 5)sorry  i  did  not  get  this  point  but  i'll  put  i'l  draw  an  image  of  my  house  and  post  it  so  please  tell  if  it  is  good  or  bad  to  keep
jedik1
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:21 pm Post subject: Re: my rescue from a construction site .... Reply with quote

stalingard  wrote  (View  Post):                

[Can  other's[me]  join  you?  wanna  see

Yes  you  can  join  me.  Just  call  me  on  the  number.

Last edited by jedik1 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
drug
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:24 pm Post subject: Re: my rescue from a construction site .... Reply with quote

alpha91  wrote  (View  Post):                
It  is  illegal                

Shaubhankar's  point  seems  to  have  been  buried  under  the  cacophony  of  advice  Very Happy  
Chetan3
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:45 pm Post subject: Re: my rescue from a construction site .... Reply with quote

shashank88  wrote  (View  Post):                
sorry  i  did  not  get  this  point  but  i'll  put  i'l  draw  an  image  of  my  house  and  post  it  so  please  tell  if  it  is  good  or  bad  to  keep                

Pond  1  =  North
 Pond  2  =  North-East
 If  the  above  positions  are  correct,  then  we  can  make  the  following  inference:

Pond  1  would  be  it's  most  suitable  location.  Rather  it  is  the  perfect  feng  shui  direction  (North)  for  having  a  water  body  and  turtle.  Incidentally  north  is  also  the  best  direction  for  one  to  place  their  aquarium  generally.

The  North  direction  represents  the  aspects  which  I  mentioned  in  the  previous  post  ...
 Number:  1
 Element:  Water
 Animal:  Black  Tortoise
 Represents:  Career,  Path  towards  the  future,  Spiritual  path  to  enlightenment

Your  Pond  2  is  in  the  North  East  direction.  That  is  the  ruled  by  the  Small  Earth  element.  According  to  the  5  Element  theory,  Earth  subjugates  Water.  So  your  water  entity  in  this  direction  will  not  be  able  to  have  any  influence,  since  the  earth  element  will  dominate  it.

In  a  nutshell,  place  turtle  in  Pond  1.
Vicky01
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:39 pm Post subject: Re: my rescue from a construction site .... Reply with quote

Hi  Shashank,

Keeping  that  turtle  may  be  an  illegal  act,  but  it's  Karma  that  brought  you  together.  I'm  sure  that  turtle  is  way  more  happy  to  be  with  you  than  it  was  in  the  place  where  you  found  it.

The  way  in  which  the  BNP  authorities  take  care  of  the  larger  animals  in  the  park,  there's  a  good  chance  that  that  turtle  will  end  up  on  someone's  dinner  plate  if  you  release  it  in  the  park.  You  probably  saved  it  from  that  fate  once  by  bringing  it  home.

My  suggestion  is  that  you  keep  it  for  as  long  as  you  can.  If  you  decide  to  do  that,  don't  bring  it  up  for  discussion  on  IAH  again.  It  wouldn't  do  to  discuss  anything  that  is  illegal  on  this  site.  You'll  find  plenty  of  info  on  raising  it  outside  IAH.  The  Internet  will  give  you  all  the  info  you  need.

All  the  best!

Vicky
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Fishkeeping and Aquaristics All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: