192. Guest
193. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,881

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - About Snow Dew Aqua
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

About Snow Dew Aqua
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NishantDatta
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:21 am Post subject: About Snow Dew Aqua Reply with quote

Hi  guys,  

this  is  the  first  time  I'm  posting  in  this  forum.  I've  heard  a  lot  about  IAH  but  not  all  good  things.  I'm  constrained  to  post  here  because  of  the  antics  or  rude  behaviour  of  some  of  your  fellow  members  towards  Snow  Dew  Aqua,  Chennai.  

Recently  we  at  Aquarium  Club  Delhi  placed  an  order  with  Snow  Dew  Aqua.  We  had  also  placed  orders  on  previous  occasions.  The  guy  is  as  genuine  as  they  come.  I  mean  for  our  very  first  shipment  he  actually  held  on  to  the  fish  we  had  ordered  for  almost  two  months  as  there  was  some  delay  on  our  part  at  Delhi  to  finalise  the  order.  The  recent  order  comprised  almost  100  fish.  

Excepting  a  few  live  bearers,  all  the  fish  (cichlids)  were  packed  individually.  I  was  amazed  by  the  level  of  commitment  and  the  effort  that  went  into  the  packaging.  Every  fish  that  I  have  personally  ordered  from  Snow  Dew  has  shown  good  results  and  I  can  say  the  same  about  other  members  of  our  Club  as  well.  In  fact,  my  Dimidiochromis  strigatus  are  now  holding.  And  their  colour  and  quality  received  acclaim  on  monster  fish  keepers  (where  I  normally  post).  

There  was  some  mis-communication  /  confusion  about  size  of  some  fish  out  of  the  order.  The  size  of  frontosa  of  one  of  our  members  was  small.  This  had  led  to  some  posts  being  made  here.  But  thats  been  subsequently  sorted  out  amongst  ourselves  (Aquarium  Club  and  Snow  Dew).  Sometimes,  due  to  placing  the  order  on  the  internet,  there  can  be  some  (slight)  mis-communication  about  size,  colour,  etc.  in  respect  of  some  fish  out  of  a  large  order  but  predominantly  these  guys  at  Snow  Dew  put  their  heart  and  soul  into  whatever  they  do  relating  to  fish.  In  fact,  one  of  the  two  brothers  is  actually  a  software  engineer  and  these  guys  have  actually  taken  their  fish  keeping  (like  you  and  I)  to  a  higher  level.  They're  trying  to  provide  better  quality  fish  to  hobbyists  at  lower  prices.  So  I  think  we  should  appreciate  their  effort  and  cut  them  some  slack.  

I've  noticed  that  some  people  who  haven't  even  ordered  from  Snow  Dew  and  don't  know  these  guys  also  have  an  opinion  about  them  and  are  posting  their  'valuable  views'  about  them.  Lets  not  act  like  children.  Some's  reputation  should  not  taken  lightly.  It  should  be  respected.  So  if  you  have  posted  something  about  Snow  Dew  that  you  now  think  was  wrong  or  incorrect  then  act  responsibly  and  rectify  your  mistake.
ravi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:05 am Post subject: Re: About Snow Dew Aqua Reply with quote

Hi  Nishant,

Welcome  to  IAH.  

We  are  sorry  you  have  not  heard  the  good  things  about  IAH.  Smile  

Regarding  Snowdew  Aqua,  that  matter  has  been  already  discussed  on  IAH  forums  &  finished  with.  Perhaps,  more  reading  up  of  the  IAH  forums  was  required  before  you  posted  this  message.
vraghu
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:43 pm Post subject: Re: About Snow Dew Aqua Reply with quote

Hello  Nishant  or  who  ever  you  are  !!  

First  of  all  Welcome  to  IAH  ..  Surprised  

You  might  have  heard  a  lot  of  things  about  lot  of  things  including  IAH.

Let's  talk  about  the  basics..  this  is  IAH  ..  a  Forum  for  Hobbyists  ..here  people  will  talk  ,  critisize  ,  and  then  shake   hands  and  embrace  and  will  make  sure  these  things  are  of  past  ...  that's  what  makes  this  Forum  unique  and   the  best   website  in  India  has  to  offer  for  Aquarists  and  Hobbyists  !!  

While  you  come  in  favour  for  Snow  Dew  ,  We  as  the  part  of  the  Entire  Team  IAH  pitch  in  for  IAH..  so  while  you  have  some  grudges  aganist  IAH  ,  someone  has  aganist  Snow  Dew.  so  let's  keep  this  Forum  open  for  Debates,  Discussions  and  Let  everyone  talk.  instead  of  keeping  it  inside..

And  Lastly  Please  tell  us  WHO  U  ARE  ,  where  u  are  from  and  Tell  US  about  Yourself...  (  Are  u  a  Sympathizer  ,  Aquarist,  Hobbyist  or  just  a  Personna  ??  )  ,,,  only  time  will  Tell..  Chuckle  

Regds
 VRaghu.
psimhan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:09 pm Post subject: Re: About Snow Dew Aqua Reply with quote

Hi  and  Welcome  to  IAH,  Nishant.
 I've  seen  your  posts  on  the  Delhi  forum  and  you  seem  like  a  fairly  decent  chap,  that  is  if  you  are  really  Nishant  Datta.
 I've  no  issues  with  Snowdew  and  that  discussion  was  one  that  got  way  out  of  hand,  but  the  some  of  the  members  posting  are  from  your  forum  as  well.

Perhaps  you  should  spend  more  time  on  IAH  and  see  what  its  like  for  yourself.   After  all,  you  know  how  people  can  mess  up  reputations  on  the  net.  Smile
trevor
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:14 pm Post subject: Re: About Snow Dew Aqua Reply with quote

Hi  Nishant,
 Welcome  to  IAH.  Your  first  post  should  be  about  yourself  -  an  introduction  post.  
 Instead  your  post  is  about  Snowdew  and  you  do  not  even  know  his  name.
 I  do  not  know  much  about  Snowdew  and  you  are  entitled  to  your  personal  opinion.
 But  I  doubt  that  this  Chennai  guys  real  name  is  Snowdew.  Smile  

Anyhow  we  do  not  select  members  for  IAH  and  each  has  his/her  own  individual  opinion.
 Good  or  Bad.  That  is  their  choice.
 Kindly  refrain  from  telling  our  members  what  to  do.
 Personally  I  do  not  care  what  you  think,  if  you  can  think.
banjohead
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:21 pm Post subject: Re: About Snow Dew Aqua Reply with quote

Everybody  is  entitled  to  his/her  opinion....but  isn't  it  better  to  debate  on  topics  that  will  genuinely  benefit  the  members...instead  of  arguing  meaninglessly  on  old  topics?

now  that  was  my  opinion...Smile

BTW...Nishant....Headbanger  right?
Reddevil
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:54 pm Post subject: Re: About Snow Dew Aqua Reply with quote

These  are  the  same  enterprising  bunch  that  have  whole  sale  swiped,  cut  and  pasted  on  their  website  aquatic  plants  and  plant  information  from  the  'Tropica'  website.
 The  only  guys  capable  and  worthy  of  debating  with  them  are  the  Cyber  cops.  Unfortunately  I  see  many  have  become  members  here.
mayurdev
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:21 pm Post subject: Re: About Snow Dew Aqua Reply with quote

Hi  Nishant,

Welcome  to  IAH,
 I  am  a  little  stumped  at  this  point,  last  time  this  topic  came  up  i  felt  that  Snow  dew  was  not  genuine  and  that  was  my  opinion,  after  reading  your  long  long  mail  either  Snow  dew  is  the  best  dealer  in  the  country  or  he  must  have  done  you  a  huge  personal  favor.  Rock On  
 Don't  know  about  you?  You  must  have  gone  to  school  ,  we  learnt  to  look  before  we  leap,  so  one  bad  experience  with  this  snow  dew  character  and  an  IAH  member  is  enough  for  us.
 I  personally  think  you  should  build  your  own  reputation  first  before  writing  ridiculously  long  boring  mails  about  a  guy  even  you  have  dealt  with  only  once.

Ok,  So  this  is  the  link  to  the  wholesale  swipe.  From  this  we  can  learn  how  to  take  awesome  pictures  without  a  camera.  Why  worry  when  Tropica  is  here  to  swipe  from.
 http://www.aquariumclub.netfirms.com/plants/Plants.html

Dear  Nishant,  I  only  hope  there  is  something  on  your  site  that  you  have  not  swiped  from  other  sites.  

Once  again  Welcome  to  IAH  and  hope  you  enjoy  your  stay.  Very Happy

Last edited by mayurdev on Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
NishantDatta
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:33 pm Post subject: Re: About Snow Dew Aqua Reply with quote

ravi  wrote  (View  Post):                
Hi  Nishant,

Welcome  to  IAH.  

We  are  sorry  you  have  not  heard  the  good  things  about  IAH.  Smile  

Regarding  Snowdew  Aqua,  that  matter  has  been  already  discussed  on  IAH  forums  &  finished  with.  Perhaps,  more  reading  up  of  the  IAH  forums  was  required  before  you  posted  this  message.                

Hi  Ravi,

You're  right.  The  matter  is  apparently  over.
NishantDatta
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:37 pm Post subject: Re: About Snow Dew Aqua Reply with quote

vraghu  wrote  (View  Post):                
Hello  Nishant  or  who  ever  you  are  !!  

First  of  all  Welcome  to  IAH  ..  Surprised  

You  might  have  heard  a  lot  of  things  about  lot  of  things  including  IAH.

Let's  talk  about  the  basics..  this  is  IAH  ..  a  Forum  for  Hobbyists  ..here  people  will  talk  ,  critisize  ,  and  then  shake   hands  and  embrace  and  will  make  sure  these  things  are  of  past  ...  that's  what  makes  this  Forum  unique  and   the  best   website  in  India  has  to  offer  for  Aquarists  and  Hobbyists  !!  

While  you  come  in  favour  for  Snow  Dew  ,  We  as  the  part  of  the  Entire  Team  IAH  pitch  in  for  IAH..  so  while  you  have  some  grudges  aganist  IAH  ,  someone  has  aganist  Snow  Dew.  so  let's  keep  this  Forum  open  for  Debates,  Discussions  and  Let  everyone  talk.  instead  of  keeping  it  inside..

And  Lastly  Please  tell  us  WHO  U  ARE  ,  where  u  are  from  and  Tell  US  about  Yourself...  (  Are  u  a  Sympathizer  ,  Aquarist,  Hobbyist  or  just  a  Personna  ??  )  ,,,  only  time  will  Tell..  Chuckle  

Regds
 VRaghu.                

Hi  Raghu,

I'll  introduce  myself  here  briefly  before  I  update  or  rather  fill  in  my  profile  here.  Hi,  I'm  Nishant  Datta.  I  stay  at  Delhi.  I'm  a  hobbyist  and  into  fish  keeping  for  the  past  10  or  so  years.  I  loooove  monsters  like  RTC,  TSN,  silver  aros,  etc.  Presently,  I'm  keeping  african  cichlids  for  a  change.  I'll  post  some  pics  here  also  but  in  the  meantime  you  check  out  my  orkut  profile  for  some  pics  to  start  with.
NishantDatta
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:44 pm Post subject: Re: About Snow Dew Aqua Reply with quote

psimhan  wrote  (View  Post):                
Hi  and  Welcome  to  IAH,  Nishant.
 I've  seen  your  posts  on  the  Delhi  forum  and  you  seem  like  a  fairly  decent  chap,  that  is  if  you  are  really  Nishant  Datta.
 I've  no  issues  with  Snowdew  and  that  discussion  was  one  that  got  way  out  of  hand,  but  the  some  of  the  members  posting  are  from  your  forum  as  well.

Perhaps  you  should  spend  more  time  on  IAH  and  see  what  its  like  for  yourself.   After  all,  you  know  how  people  can  mess  up  reputations  on  the  net.  Smile                

Hi  pradeep,  

yes  i'm  the  same  guy  on  orkut.  I'll  definitely  spend  more  time  here.  I  browsed  through  the  site  today  and  I'd  like  to  say  that  this  site  is  definitely  more  extensive  and  vast  with  a  much  larger  number  of  members  than  any  other  Indian  site.  You  I'm  glad  I'm  here  and  would  love  to  be  a  part  of  this  community.  About  snowdew,  see  I  know  the  owners  of  Snow  Dew  Aqua  for  the  past  few  months  now.  And  both  the  guys  (Mohan  and  Ramalingam)  seem  to  be  very  decent  fellows.  They  were  a  little  hurt  on  being  flamed  by  everyone  here.  So  thats  why  I  thought  that  I  should  also  put  in  my  two  cents  and  share  my  actual  experience  with  these  guys.
NishantDatta
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:46 pm Post subject: Re: About Snow Dew Aqua Reply with quote

trevor  wrote  (View  Post):                
Hi  Nishant,
 Welcome  to  IAH.  Your  first  post  should  be  about  yourself  -  an  introduction  post.  
 Instead  your  post  is  about  Snowdew  and  you  do  not  even  know  his  name.
 I  do  not  know  much  about  Snowdew  and  you  are  entitled  to  your  personal  opinion.
 But  I  doubt  that  this  Chennai  guys  real  name  is  Snowdew.  Smile  

Anyhow  we  do  not  select  members  for  IAH  and  each  has  his/her  own  individual  opinion.
 Good  or  Bad.  That  is  their  choice.
 Kindly  refrain  from  telling  our  members  what  to  do.
 Personally  I  do  not  care  what  you  think,  if  you  can  think.                

Hi,  

pleasure  to  meet  you  mate.  No  offence  intended.
NishantDatta
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:47 pm Post subject: Re: About Snow Dew Aqua Reply with quote

banjohead  wrote  (View  Post):                
Everybody  is  entitled  to  his/her  opinion....but  isn't  it  better  to  debate  on  topics  that  will  genuinely  benefit  the  members...instead  of  arguing  meaninglessly  on  old  topics?

now  that  was  my  opinion...Smile

BTW...Nishant....Headbanger  right?                

Hi,

you're  right  lets  not  argue  over  stale  matters.  Didn't  about  the  other  thread  being  closed.
NishantDatta
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:49 pm Post subject: Re: About Snow Dew Aqua Reply with quote

Reddevil  wrote  (View  Post):                
These  are  the  same  enterprising  bunch  that  have  whole  sale  swiped,  cut  and  pasted  on  their  website  aquatic  plants  and  plant  information  from  the  'Tropica'  website.
 The  only  guys  capable  and  worthy  of  debating  with  them  are  the  Cyber  cops.  Unfortunately  I  see  many  have  become  members  here.                

Hi,  

As  has  been  said  above,  everyone's  entitled  to  their  own  opinion.  Even  the  ones  who  are  incapable  of  forming  a  sound  one.  

Thanks  for  being  so  polite  and  courteous.
beta
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:50 pm Post subject: Re: About Snow Dew Aqua Reply with quote

If  this  thread  needs  to  stay  unlocked,  the  members  need  to  show  a  little  restraint  in  their  postings.  Especially  since  this  topic  has  been  done  to  death  and  we  are  not  adding  any  value  to  it.
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Chit Chat All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: