131. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,866

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Self Introduction
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Self Introduction
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> New Members and Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matsyapremi
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:36 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Perhaps,  my  introduction  is  belated  as  I  joined  IAH  sometime  in  Jan  08.

Neverthless,  I  am  doing  this  in  response  to  a  post  from  Rocky.

I  am  50  plus,  with  varied  interests  and  also  varied  professional  background.

I  have  worked  on  production  floor  in  Printing  and  publishing,  worked  abroad  in  the  Middle  East,  worked  for  a  large  part  of  my  career  with  Citibank  in  Mumbai  and  am  now  with  TCS  -  working  as  consultant  in  the  Banking  domain.

My  other  interests  include  -  Photography  -  which  was  gifted  to  me  as  a  hobby  by  my  late  grandfather  who  spent  a  decade  with  Kodak.  Now  this  hobby  borders  on  the  professional  -  with  Children  and  Wildlife  as  my  pet  subject.  I  have  extensively  travelled  the  country  and  to  some  parts  of  the  Globe  -  and  covered  this  interest.

Interior  Decoration  -  more  of  a  passion  -  interestingly  this  led  to  my  DIY  aquarium  -  which  is  one  of  a  kind  -  in  that  it  is  built  into  the  wall  and  no  accessories  are  visible  from  the  front  -  almost  replicating  a  tank  in  some  of  the  aquariums.  I  take  pride  in  this,  for  the  entire  tank  slides  in  and  out  of  the  wall  for  maintenance  -  with  least  effort  -  thanks  to  some  indigenous  contraptions  that  I  designed.  Looking  forward  to  upgrading  this  effort  in  my  new  house  which  should  be  ready  by  next  year.

Fine  art  painting  -  an  inborn  skill  in  drawing,  that  I  had  from  school  led  to  further  exploration  and  I  am  now  a  skilled  and  informed  artist  -  though  not  in  a  professional  level.  But  yes,  I  have  done  commissioned  portraits  of  people  -  dead  and  alive  !!

Singing  -  part  of  an  orchestra  group  -  where  I  exercise  my  vocal  chords.
 Not  in  the  big  league  yet,  but  yes,  I  take  pride  in  the  fact  that  both  Hariharan  and  Shankar  Mahadevan  are  from  my  school  in  Mumbai  -  SIES.

I  think  I  must  stop  here,  for  this  is  too  long  an  introduction  and  I  am  already  getting  a  bit  embarrased  about  it.
Karthick
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:50 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  Mr.Matsyapremi,
 You  seem  to  be  a  connoisseur  of  almost  every  art  out  there.  We're  glad  to  have  you  aboard.  Welcome  

...Karthick
psimhan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:54 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

skit_in  wrote  (View  Post):                
Hi  All,

I  am  Shajee,  working  for  Qualcomm,  in  Bangalore.

Dou  you  know  Raghu  GG  by  any  chance?

Matsyapremi  wrote  (View  Post):                

Perhaps,  my  introduction  is  belated  as  I  joined  IAH  sometime  in  Jan  08.

I  am  50  plus,  with  varied  interests  and  also  varied  professional  background.

I  have  worked  on  production  floor  in  Printing  and  publishing,  worked  abroad  in  the  Middle  East,  worked  for  a  large  part  of  my  career  with  Citibank  in  Mumbai  and  am  now  with  TCS  -  working  as  consultant  in  the  Banking  domain.

My  other  interests  include  -  Photography  -  which  was  gifted  to  me  as  a  hobby  by  my  late  grandfather  who  spent  a  decade  with  Kodak.  Now  this  hobby  borders  on  the  professional  -  with  Children  and  Wildlife  as  my  pet  subject.  I  have  extensively  travelled  the  country  and  to  some  parts  of  the  Globe  -  and  covered  this  interest.

Interior  Decoration  -  more  of  a  passion  -  interestingly  this  led  to  my  DIY  aquarium  -  which  is  one  of  a  kind  -  in  that  it  is  built  into  the  wall  and  no  accessories  are  visible  from  the  front  -  almost  replicating  a  tank  in  some  of  the  aquariums.  I  take  pride  in  this,  for  the  entire  tank  slides  in  and  out  of  the  wall  for  maintenance  -  with  least  effort  -  thanks  to  some  indigenous  contraptions  that  I  designed.  Looking  forward  to  upgrading  this  effort  in  my  new  house  which  should  be  ready  by  next  year.

Fine  art  painting  -  an  inborn  skill  in  drawing,  that  I  had  from  school  led  to  further  exploration  and  I  am  now  a  skilled  and  informed  artist  -  though  not  in  a  professional  level.  But  yes,  I  have  done  commissioned  portraits  of  people  -  dead  and  alive  !!

Singing  -  part  of  an  orchestra  group  -  where  I  exercise  my  vocal  chords.
 Not  in  the  big  league  yet,  but  yes,  I  take  pride  in  the  fact  that  both  Hariharan  and  Shankar  Mahadevan  are  from  my  school  in  Mumbai  -  SIES.

I  think  I  must  stop  here,  for  this  is  too  long  an  introduction  and  I  am  already  getting  a  bit  embarrased  about  it.

An  honour  Â to  have  you  onboard  ,  sir!!
rohansd
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:58 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Welcome  aboard!
 Can  we  also  have  your  name  please  ?  Smile
viky_s
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:41 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Smile

hi  people,

I  am  Vikram  ,  a  s/w  engineer  by  profession.  I  have  recently  started  taking  interest  in  fishes.  So  for  a  start  i  got  myself  an  simple  24"x10"x12"  (LxWxH)  glass  tank  with   mixed  gravel  ,with  a  UG  filter  and  an  airstone  powered  by  a  small  air  pump.

Fishes:-
 1.  Catfish  (suckers)  2nos.
 2.  Auratus  6nos.
 3.  Green  Tiger  Barb  2nos.

Hope  to  improve  my  fish  tank  and  knowledge  form  you  gurus.
Matsyapremi
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:27 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Thanks  to  Karthick  and  Pradeep  Simhan  for  extending  me  a  warm  welcome.

Rohan,  I  believe  is  curious  to  know  my  real  name  -  so  here  it  is  -

Officially  it  is  K  Ramamurthy  -   friends  and  colleagues  address  me  as  -  

K  Ram  ![/b]
rohansd
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:37 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Thanks  to  Karthick  and  Pradeep  Simhan  for  extending  me  a  warm  welcome.

Rohan,  I  believe  is  curious  to  know  my  real  name  -  so  here  it  is  -

Officially  it  is  K  Ramamurthy  -   friends  and  colleagues  address  me  as  -  

K  Ram  ![/b]                

hey...come  on  I  had  also  welcomed  you  .   Smile
 I  just  thought  you  forgot  to  mention  about  your  name.  A  name  is  an  integral  part  of  an  self  introduction
Matsyapremi
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:32 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

But  of  course  Rohan.

When  did  I  say  -  you  didn't.   Very Happy
oscarlover
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:30 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

welcome   K.Ram  uncle...  enjoy  your  stay   Very Happy   Thumbs Up
vassu
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:26 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi,
 I  am  Srinivas  Kishan  from  hyderabad,  22yrs  old,  am  in  some  business  with  my  father.  From  child  hood  I  like  keeping  aquariums,  now  I  have  a  4feet  tank  with     2  goldies,  1  koi  carp  and  a  Flowerhorn(native  wala).  I  am  trying  to  make  it  a  planted  tank,  its  is  a  challing  job  with  my  fishes  i  know,  i  love  them  and  canot  part  from  them,  so  wish  me  luck  making  it  a  planted  tank.  
 This  is  a  nice  community,  I  have  been  following  it  since  a  couple  of  months  before  registering,  hope  i  learn  a  lot  from  experienced  persons  here.

warn  regards!
saikumar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:15 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  Srinivas,

Welcome  to  IAH.Good  that  you  seem  to  be  long  time  involved  with  fish  Smile

your  tank  has  a  real  strage  combo  of  FH  and  goldies
 But  im  afraid  you  cant  make  a  planted  tank  with  goldies/carps/FH  around.
 I  failed,so  as  many  of  others  on  this  forum.

You  dont  need  much  luck  making  a  planted  tank  Very Happy  ,if  u  have  your  basics  right  on  it.
 And  dont  burn  your  fingers  by  just  jumping  on  to  BUYs  without  getting  a  decent  picture  on  them  Thumb Up  

Wish  you  all  the  very  best  Rock On
msghael
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:06 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi.  I  am  Maninder,  a  Mech  engineer  58  yrs  old.
 I  started  keeping  fish  about  4  years  back,  mainly  Gold  Fish.  
 Now  I  am  interested  in  putting  up  a  4  x  2  x  2  planted  aquarium  tank  -  make  the  tank  myself  with  DIY  CO2  setup  but  of  course  without  gold  fish.  I  would  love  to  keep  discus  but  am  afraid  as  most  people  I  know  feel  that  these  are  difficult  fish  to  keep,  specially  in  hard  water  as  in  Kolkata  where  I  am  stationed.

I  have  joined  IHA  today  and  am  browsing  for  information.
 Could  someone  please  help  me  in  locating  a  good  and  reliable  source  for  fish  and  accessories  close  to  Salt  Lake  where  I  stay.
 Regards
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:37 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

A  warm  Welcome  to  you  Maninder.  Enjoy  your  stay  here!
sgravi2k
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:53 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  All,

This  is  Ravi  and  am  a  software  engineer.  Residing  in  Chennai.  Right  from  childhood  I  love  aquarium  very  much.  But  very  weak  in  subject  of  maintaining  it.  Just  like  that  I  bought  aquarium  and  fishes  and  maintained  for  some  years.  Later  I  stopped  due  to  my  10th  standard  and  so  on.  

Now  again  am  starting  to  keep  an  aquarium.  I  have  a  small  glast  tank  and  had  a  pair  of  gold  fish  to  accompany  me.  Later  they  died  and  did  not  know  the  reason.  And  couple  others  that  I  bought  too.   Sad  So  I  stopped  and  searched  on  net  for  the  reason.  Now  still  having  the  tank  with  no  fishes.  I  was  recommended  by  my  friend  Vignesh   Cheer Up  and  joined  here  to  understand  the  facts  that  help  keeping  the  aquarium  healthy  for  fishes.  Looking  for  your  help  into  this.  Thank  you  all  in  advance   Thumb Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sudheendhar
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:22 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

These  are  Divya  and  Sudheendhar  -  hi  to  all.  I  am  an  automotive  software  engineer  by  profession  and  my  wife,  Divya,  is  a  homemaker  or  rather,  say,  now  a  passionate  aquarium  enthusiast.  I  was  into  this  hobby  a  long  time  back  and  left  it  after  a  brief  period  but  now,  I  have  come  back  with  all  energy.  I  now  have  a  4x2x2  tank  with  discus,  corys  and  some  plants.  My  wife  is  new  into  this  since  6  months,  but,  she  now  has  developed  an  acute  interesse-per-acquari.We  hope  we  now  have  a  nice  ahead  with  los  of  support  from  this  place   Smile
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  New Members and Beginners All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 24 of 96

Jump to: