67. Guest
68. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,639

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - My New Planted Tank - 4 Ft
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

My New Planted Tank - 4 Ft
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prem kk
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:19 am Post subject: Re: Background material? Reply with quote

bullrider  wrote  (View  Post):                
Ravi,

Any  idea  regarding  what  material  was  used  to  coat  the  thermocoal  sheet?  Is  it  regular  cement  mix  and  some  paint?  What  paint  could  we  use  which  will  not  have  side-effects  in  the  long  run?

Thanks,
 Satish.                

Hi  Satish,

I  bought  this  background  as  you  see  in  the  picture  and  pasted  it  using  Silicon  used  to  stick  glass.  There  are  loads  of  information  on  the  net  on  how  to  make  a  styrofoam  background  and  our  very  our  memebers  too  have  made  it.

Cheers,
 Prem
sgravi2k
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:44 pm Post subject: Re: My New Planted Tank - 4 Ft - WIP Reply with quote

All,  today  Prem  offered  me  helping  to  setup  the  pressurized  CO2  setup  using  the  CO2  mixer  that  we  bought  (Thanks  a  ton  Prem!).  Â Below  are  the  pictures  after  the  setup.  Since  I  bought  extra  length  of  wires  it  looks  like  junk  Sad

Thank  you  so  much  Deepak  for  the  regulators!  Â   Very Happy  

Entire  Setup

CO2  Mixer  in  action

Please  post  your  comments!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Prem kk
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:02 am Post subject: Re: My New Planted Tank - 4 Ft - WIP Reply with quote

Was  glad  I  could  help  Ravi.  The  water  level  in  the  co2  mixer  looks  like  its  dropped.  

Good  luck  with  yo  set  up.

Regards,
 Prem
sgravi2k
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:38 pm Post subject: Re: My New Planted Tank - 4 Ft - REDONE Reply with quote

Hello  All,

After  lot  of  learning  and  issues  ran  with  I  decided  and  suggested  to  redo  the  tank.  Issues

1.  Lesser  substrate  level  to  plant.  Plants  got  uprooted  with  1100  ltr/hr  flow  rate  
   2.  Sparsely  planted  (even  now)
   3.  No  scape  was  made  and  was  not  able  to  make  on  the  way  so  far.
   4.  Have  added  Pressurized  CO2  &  EHEIM,  so  as  to  utilize  them  to  max.
   5.  Due  to  the  golden  soil  the  water  was  showing  yellow  color  (reflection)
   6.  Had  junk  of  wiring  and  assembly  for  it

Even  after  re-doing  the  tank,  I  lack  in  plants  and  scape.  This  indicates  I  need  to  learn  a  lot  and  concentrate  more.  Luckily  I  had  IAH  and  folks  like  Prem  here  in  town  to  help  me  in  great  deal.  

Now  added  35  more  kgs  of  river  sand.  Added  some  more  stem  plants.  I  will  be  adding  same  variety  of  plants  in  next  couple  of  weeks  and  keep  maintaining  it.  Added  single  junction  box.  Timer  order  is  with  Deepak,  once  I  get  it,  will  replace  the  current  junction  box.  Below  are  the  tank  shots  for  your  review  and  comments.

I  also  added  2  rotary  fans  to  chill  the  water.  Before  I  installed  the  fans,  here  is  the  temperature.

This  is  after  2  days  of  fans  kept  on  24X7.  Had  lots  of  evaporation,  but  can  easily  top  up  on  alternate  days.  

Here  is  the  complete  setup  after  re-doing

With  CO2,  Filter  and  Fans  running  over.

Please  let  me  know  your  suggestions,  plants  of  choice  and  scaping  advices.  Thanks  a  lot  in  advance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
natbox
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:21 pm Post subject: Re: My New Planted Tank - 4 Ft - REDONE Reply with quote

a  good  work  ravi.....  looks  a  lot  better  than  the  previous  one  ...great  going  Thumb Up
sgravi2k
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:28 pm Post subject: Re: My New Planted Tank - 4 Ft - REDONE Reply with quote

Thanks  Natraj,  I've  added  two  moss  rocks  in  front  of  the  wood  to  make  moss  carpet  there.  This  is  with  the  hope  of  adding  fans  Smile  Hopefully  to  add  some  more  stems  this  weekend.
sgravi2k
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:31 pm Post subject: Re: My New Planted Tank - 4 Ft - REDONE Reply with quote

Hello  All,

The  recent  addition  to  the  tank  are  neons  and  clown  loaches  last  weekend.  They  started  enjoying  the  new  home  :)

Clown  Loaches,  the  new  employee  after  the  ottos  :)

Neons,  just  began  schooling.  I  even  had  a  small  disaster  as  the  water  params  changed  all  of  a  sudden  for  them.  A  bad  way  of  learning.  :(

sriki_discus
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:00 pm Post subject: Re: My New Planted Tank - 4 Ft - REDONE Reply with quote

Neons  are  looking  good,  How  many  of  the  neons  were  added  recently....

Srikanth
sgravi2k
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:03 pm Post subject: Re: My New Planted Tank - 4 Ft - REDONE Reply with quote

@Srikanth,  50  of  them  in  the  tank  as  of  now  Smile
submerge
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:10 pm Post subject: Re: My New Planted Tank - 4 Ft - REDONE Reply with quote

@ravi,
                Nice  setup,  Looks  great  with  neons  and  plants.  
 Do  you  use  metro  water  or  RO  for  this  setup?
raindeepak4u
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:39 pm Post subject: Re: My New Planted Tank - 4 Ft - REDONE Reply with quote

Boss  Loaches  Looking  good  ..  then  rotala  wallichii  looking  nice..  Cheering   Clapping
sgravi2k
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:45 pm Post subject: Re: My New Planted Tank - 4 Ft - REDONE Reply with quote

@MK,  thanks!  I  use  metro  water.  Never  added  RO  so  far  :)

@Deepak,  I  forgot  to  tell  you  all  that  this  is  the  first  time  I  see  wallichii  doing  so  good  in  my  tank.  In  the  past  I  tried  couple  of  times  when  I  got  them  from  Prem,  they  died  on  third  day  itself.  Now  this  is  picking  up  well.
Dan
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:05 pm Post subject: Re: My New Planted Tank - 4 Ft - REDONE Reply with quote

hi,

the  tank  looks  nice,  good  job  with  the  scaping  and  the  background  is  cool.

is  it  styro  or  thermocoal?

regards

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sgravi2k
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:32 pm Post subject: Re: My New Planted Tank - 4 Ft - REDONE Reply with quote

@Dan,  thanks  for  your  comments!!  This  is  styrofoam  material  stuck  inside  the  tank.  Actually  this  came  along  the  tank  when  I  bought  it  from  Prem  (a.k.a  IAH  Camy)
rohansd
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:32 pm Post subject: Re: My New Planted Tank - 4 Ft - REDONE Reply with quote

The  neons  are  looking  great  there  Ravi  !
 The  tank  looks  nice  and  soothing  too   Thumb Up
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: