87. Guest
88. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,825

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal :: Update 1st June
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal :: Update 1st June
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Aquascaping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:42 am Post subject: Re: DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal :: Frontal Shot after 18 DAYS Reply with quote

This  is  what,  is  called  a  blunder.

When  I  saw  the  immersed  growth,  I  thought  it  is  Ludwigia  Inclinata  Verticilata  'Cuba'.

And  after  getting  the  submerged  growth  I  found  it  is  nothing  but  Ammania  Senegalensis.   Chuckle  

Sorry,  I  failed  to  capture  the  real  color  of  this  plant.  It  is  showing  vibrant  Copper  Color  now.

Last edited by Tirtha C on Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Severumkid
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:33 am Post subject: Re: DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal :: Frontal Shot after 18 DAYS Reply with quote

Severumkid  wrote  (View  Post):                

I  think  you  can  have  a  initial  (little)  trimming  of  some  of  the  back  ground  plants?  Nice  tank,  surely.  Why  dont  you  guys  take  photo  from  the  horizontal  line  of  vision,  I  see  every  body  taking  photos  at  a  angle  to  the  tank  substrate.  Bend  over,  dude.  It  will  take  care  of  your  paunch,  too.  Chuckle

Dev....  I  am  taking  the  picture  from  an  angel  just  to  avoid  the  unwanted  reflection  what  you  will  get  while  taking  the  picture  from  a  horizontal  line  of  vision.  Smile
 [/quote]

Not  necessarily,  you  can  take  the  shot  with  a  little  left  or  right  angle  from  the  front  of  the  tank,  also,  you  can  take  snaps  with  out  using  the  flash.  You  can  play  with  ISO  to  give  you  the  proper  look...IMHO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kaushik
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:43 pm Post subject: Re: DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal :: Frontal Shot after 18 DAYS Reply with quote

Dear  Tirthankar
 No  one  can  believe  that  this  tank  is  only  18  days  old.  Great  work   Clapping  
 Regards
 Kaushikda
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:21 pm Post subject: Re: DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal :: Frontal Shot after 18 DAYS Reply with quote

Update::
 My  Red  Plants  are  turning  Green  due  to  8000K  Astralux  Bulb.  So  today  I  changed  one  bulb  into  Oshram  PowerBall  (4200K).  Lets  see  if  it  can  bask  the  plants  in  red.

Planning  to  change  the  other  Bulb  into  Oshram  6500K  if  4200K  can  give  me  a  better  result.
mithunda
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:04 pm Post subject: Re: DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal Reply with quote

Tirtha  you  always  inspire  me..  keep  rocking  buddy  Rock On
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:45 pm Post subject: Re: DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal Reply with quote

mithunda  wrote  (View  Post):                
Tirtha  you  always  inspire  me..  keep  rocking  buddy  Rock On                

Thanks  Mithun.  

UPDATE::

Too  much  of  Blue  Spectrum  and  heavy  dose  of  Iron.  Result,  Hair  Alge.  

I  was  surprised  to  see  hair  algae  when  I  spot  it  first  time  in  the  tank,  cause  CO2  is  running  at  5bps  speed.  Then  I  found  the  reason  behind  it.  I  was  using  Astralux  8000K  and  dosing  Iron  heavily.  Color  Of  the  hair  algae  is  Brown  instead  of  Green.

Now  I  have  changed  the  bulbs.  Right  side  4200K  Osram  Powerball  and  Left  Side  6500K  Osram.  Will  stop  dosing  excess  Iron  as  of  now.

Another  findings  is,  Astratux  will  give  you  an  asthetic  view  but  it  will  turn  your  red  plants  green.  As  well  as,  being  a  higher  Kelvin,  the  lumen  value  is  really  low  compared  to  6500K  and  4200K.  So  I  was  getting  Dark  area  in  tank  as  well  as  found  Glosso  started  growing  tall.  

Let  me  bask  the  plants  with  lower  Kelving  for  some  days.  Will  keep  you  posted  with  result.
mithunda
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:15 am Post subject: Re: DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal :: ALGAE Reply with quote

HI  Tirtha,

I  am  also  getting  long  waving  Hair  algae  on  driftwood.  But  the  colour  is  green  not  red.  Do  u  suggest  i  also  stop  dosing  Fertilon-13?  I  am  having  4+  watt/gal  but  i  dont  want  glosso  to  climb  up  so  dont  want  to  decrease  light..  I  am  aslo  seeing  dark  colored  algae  on  the  glosso  leaves  and  stem..  i  guess  my  DYI  CO2  is  not  enough  so  getting  pressurised  cylinder  tomorrow.  Anything  you  want  to  suggest  me?
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:22 am Post subject: Re: DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal :: ALGAE Reply with quote

Go...  and  get  the  cylinder.  Thats  all  you  want  buddy!  And  if  you  don't  have  too  demanding  Red  plants,  DO  NOT  use  Fertilon-13.  Microsol  B  is  enough  to  supply  Iron  to  Green  plants.  So  Get  the  CO2  running  and  stop  dosing  Fertilon.

For  the  black  patch  on  Glosso  leave...  it's  too  long  photo  period.  Keep  the  photo  period  8-9hrs.
mithunda
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:06 am Post subject: Re: DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal :: ALGAE Reply with quote

I  got  the  cylinder  today  but  did  not  get  a  suitable  needle  valve  ..  already  got  some  directions  where  i  would  get  things  done  by  next  saturday.  
 photo  period  reduced..
 no  more  fertilon  dosing

btw  i  am  also  having  long  long  hair  algae  on  wood..  what  to  do  about  them?
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:21 am Post subject: Re: DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal :: ALGAE Reply with quote

mithunda  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  got  the  cylinder  today  but  did  not  get  a  suitable  needle  valve  ..  already  got  some  directions  where  i  would  get  things  done  by  next  saturday.  
 photo  period  reduced..

btw  i  am  also  having  long  long  hair  algae  on  wood..  what  to  do  about  them?                

If  you  can't  find  out  a  good  source  for  needle  valve,  let  me  know  in  PM  or  scrap.  I  can  redirect  you  to  one  good  guy.  

There  is  nothing  special  for  the  algae  on  wood.  Start  CO2,  they  will  be  gone  all  at  a  time.
trevor
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:33 pm Post subject: Re: DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal :: ALGAE Reply with quote

Posted:  Sat  Dec  13,  2008  11:43  pm  Post  subject:  Re:  A  new  ADA  Co2  Regulator      
 kind  of  guessed  the  price..  and  i  was  close  Very Happy  

my  whole  5  Kg  cylinder  +  Regulator(with  pressure  gauge  for  inside  and  outflow  )  +  needle  valve  +  pipe  +  bubble  counter  +  reactor  costed  me  total  ~3200  bucks..  what  a  contrast..  only  ADA  regulator  costs  nearly  twice  of  my  total  system..      

Thanks  and  regards.  
 Mithun  Karmakar  
 9874343460,  mithun.karmakar  [at]  yahoo  [dot]  com  
 Dum  Dum,  Kolkata  
 10  Tanks  
 Watever  u  buy  with  thousands  of  bucks  is  DIY-ed  by  some   bigshot.  DIY  urself  
 Back  to  top

Posted:  Sat  Dec  13,  2008  11:34  pm  Post  subject:  Re:  DREAM  ::120  Gallon  Journal  ::  ALGAE      
 photo  period  reduced..  

Thanks  and  regards.  
 Mithun  Karmakar  
 9874343460,  mithun.karmakar  [at]  yahoo  [dot]  com  
 Dum  Dum,  Kolkata  
 10  Tanks  
 Watever  u  buy  with  thousands  of  bucks  is  DIY-ed  by  some   bigshot.  DIY  urself

So  which  I  post  you  want  our  members  to  believe.
abhi_123
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:41 pm Post subject: Re: DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal :: ALGAE Reply with quote

great  work  tirtha  da.realy  wonderful  :cheering:would  love  to  see  your  tank  when  ill  visit  delhi  this  time.  Smile
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:53 pm Post subject: Re: DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal :: ALGAE Reply with quote

Now  the  tank  going  to  be  one  month  Old.  So  lets  compared  the  growth  in  last  one  month.

One  Month  Before::

One  Month  After::

Dev,  This  is  for  you,  a  horizontal  shot  of  the  tank.   Thumb Up  

Mithun  as  you  said,  I  replanted  Glosso  strand  by  Strand  yesterday.  This  is  the  first  time  I  have  used  tweezers  for  Glosso  planting  and  it's  awesome.   But  after  the  3hr  long  plantation,  I  needed  Moov  (And  Haig  too)  for  the  shoulder  pain.  :P

Details:  

1.  The  tank  has  gone  through  a  very  rough  Hair  Algae  period.  But  now  90%  of  them  died  out  and  rest  of  them  are  melting.  
 2.  Stopped  dosing  extra  Iron.  
 3.  Changed  the  bulbs  to  4200K  and  6500K.  
 4.  Replanted  Glosso  for  the  Third  time.  
 5.  Relocate  most  of  the  stems  from  their  Original  position.
 6.  Water  is  30%  cloudy.  God  knows  Why?  Reduced  phosphate  dosing.

Let  me  know  how  it's  going...   Smile
Prem kk
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:29 pm Post subject: Re: DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal :: First Month Update 16/12/0 Reply with quote

Hey  Tirtha,

For  some  reason,  the  first  photo  doesnt  seem  to  load.  I  know  you  have  thought  a  lot  about  your  scape.  I  would  just  replace  the  left  corner  with  150  stems  of  Rottala  pink.  The  visual  impact  will  be  awesome  compared  to  the  Ammania.  

Regards,
 Prem
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:44 pm Post subject: Re: DREAM ::120 Gallon Journal :: First Month Update 16/12/0 Reply with quote

That  is  an  excellent  journal,  Tirtha.

And  you  have  showed  us  how  can  a  person  make  his  dream  planted  tank  without  even  using  any  branded  plant  substrate  &  fertilizers.
 Great  going  budy!  Thumb Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Aquascaping All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 7 of 15

Jump to: