77. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,813

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Self Introduction
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Self Introduction
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> New Members and Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandeep23
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:09 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

hai  i  am  sandeep  working  in  Bosch  limited,  Bangalore.  i  have  been  into  this  hobby  from  past  6  years,  i  wasn't  keen  on  breeding  but  from  past  2  years  i  have  tried  various  cross  breeding  of  guppy  fishes,  currently  i  have  three  tanks,  one  for  gold  fish  &  other  for  guppy  &  the  third  for  breeding  purpose  .  i  have  bred  various  colours  of  guppy  &  have  resulted  in  getting  good  exotic  colours,  now  thinking  of  trying  out  gold  fish  to  which  i  need  assistance  &  information,  so  guys  plz  help  me  out
 Regards  
 Sandeep
joevimal
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:07 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

hi  im  joe  vimal  a  B.E  graduate  from  chengalpat  ,tamil  nadu  into  this  hobby  for  more  then  10  years  interested  in  guppies,angels,betta  and  planted  tanks
md_mohammad
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:44 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

hello  everybody..

I  am  md  frm  vizag,andhra  pradesh.I  am  a  businessman  n  i  deal  in  all  industrial  tools.As  far  as  fish  kepin  goes,it's  a  childhood  hobby  but  in  those  days  it  was  jus  buyin  fishes  n  nuthin  else  (didnt  know  much  about  fish  keepin  then).But  nw  i  plan  to  start  fresh  with  proper  knowledge  of  fish  keepin.

i  have  two  tanks,both   havin  fresh  water  fishes  n  plants.but  i'm  still  very  new  to  fish  keepin  n  hope  to  learn  a  lot  n  gain  experience  in  fish  keepin  frm  this  site..

lookin  forward  to  a  very  helpful  n  excitin  experience..  Rock On
danios
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:16 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

[quote="Madan";p="65"]Hi  all,

Hi  All,

I  am  Daniel  and  have  joined  IAH  today.   Fresh  water  aquarium  has  been  my  long  time  passion  but  had  little  time  so  far  in  pursuing  that  hobby.   Now  I  am  a  lot  more  serious  about  it.   Frankly  speaking  I  am  novice  to  aquarium  keeping  but  with  a  lot  of  interest  in  it.   This  time  just  wanted  to  really  get  serious  and  hence  posting  this.   

Planning  to  start  a  36"x18"x18"  aquarium  in  a  couple  of  weeks  time.   Meanwhile  using  the  time  to  do  a  lot  of  background  studies  over  the  net  and  as  a  part  of  it,  joined  this  forum.   Planning  to  initiate  the  aquarium  with  a  small  school  of  zebras  and  a  school  of  tiger  barbs  for  the  the  initial  break  in  cycle  as  a  I  was  suggested  that  they  are  hardy  fishes  for  the  initial  cycling  of  the  tank  for  a  couple  of  months.   Later  on  planning  to  remove  the  tigers  to  a  different  aquarium  and  introducing  angels  into  it.   planning  to  go  in  for  breeding  of  tigers  and  angels.   

Any  suggestions  are  welcome.   Meanwhile,  trying  to  find  out  where  I  can  get  brine  shrimp  eggs  in  India  and  in  Bangalore  in  particular  as  I  will  be  visiting  often.

Thanks  with  regards

Daniel
danios
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:20 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

sandeep23  wrote  (View  Post):                
hai  i  am  sandeep  working  in  Bosch  limited,  Bangalore.  i  have  been  into  this  hobby  from  past  6  years,  i  wasn't  keen  on  breeding  but  from  past  2  years  i  have  tried  various  cross  breeding  of  guppy  fishes,  currently  i  have  three  tanks,  one  for  gold  fish  &  other  for  guppy  &  the  third  for  breeding  purpose  .  i  have  bred  various  colours  of  guppy  &  have  resulted  in  getting  good  exotic  colours,  now  thinking  of  trying  out  gold  fish  to  which  i  need  assistance  &  information,  so  guys  plz  help  me  out
 Regards  
 Sandeep                

Hi  Sandeep,

I  am  interested  in  getting  good  quality  guppies  (  a  small  school  of  them  of  course).   Will  be  visiting  Bangalore  on  26th.   can  guppies  survive  the  distance  between  Bangalore  and  Madurai  as  I  that  is  where  I  am  right  now.

regards

Daniel
MohanBabu
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:59 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

HI  IAH,

This  is  Mohan  Babu  from  Trichy.  I  have  2  aquariums.  One  is  having  Angels  alone.  Another  is  having  morphs(kenjis).  I  have  been  in  this  hobby  for  many  years.

During  my  initial  stage,  I  losst  many  fishes  as  I  did  not  have  proper  knowledge  about  freshwater  fish  and   how  to  keep  aquarium.  

For  the  past  few  years  I  started  reading  many  articles  about  freshwater  fishes.  Which  helped  to  keep  beautiful  and  healthy  aquarium.  

So  for  ,  I  have  not  tried  my  hand  in  breeding  fishes.  Looking  for  your  great  support  to  improve  my  knowledge  in  this  field(fish  keeping)  as  well  as  in  breeding  diff  types  of  fishes.

I  hope  u  all  accept  me  as  one  of  your  friend  in  this  community.

Forgot  to  mention  one  point.  Currently  I  am  living  in   bangalore.  I  want  to  setup   an  aquarium  here  also.  My  tanks  which  are  in  native,  are  taken   care  by  my  father.

Regards,
 Mohan  Babu

Regards,
 Mohan  Babu
ragasssd
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:04 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

hi,

i'm  sagar  desai,  a  pianist/musician  from  mumbai  and  i'm  glad  to  have  found  this  site.   i  am  new  to  the  hobby  and  i  was  sort  of  forced  into  it  after  one  particular  gift  for  my  son  from  a  family  friend...but  now  that  i'm  in  i'm  loving  it  Thumb Up  

and  btw  i  have  lots  of  questions!

sagar
Shankar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:59 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hearty  welcome  to  the  new  members.   Smile
fishysai
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:23 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

thanks  shankar..  Smile
 hope  to  meet  you  guys  soon..  most  probably  during  the  meet  this  month..  Smile
predator
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:01 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hey  Guys,

I  am  a  online  game  publisher  [Yes,  we  market  online  games  that  are  so  damn  addictive  Rock On  ].  I  have  been  a  computer  gamer  for  most  of  my  life.  Oflate  i  have  found  my  lost  passion  for  fishies.  I  was  breeding  and  rearing  live  bearers  ever  since  i  was  12  but  fast  teenage  life  and  computer  games  put  an  end  to  it.  Now  settled  into  my  proffesionaly  career  i  get  the  biggest  kick  from  observing  fish  behaviour  and  aquariums.

I  am  more  interested  in  visiting  fishes  in  their  natural  habitat  and  observing  them.  So  i  hope  to  make  a  lot  of  trips  around  and  share  this  information  with  you  all.
raindeepak4u
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:05 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

predator   Welcome  to  IAH...  

Please  update  your  location  in  your  profile.then  only  its  easy  yoshare  the  information  with  your  local  hobbyist..  Thumb Up
kayal
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:06 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

hi  all,

Im  senthil  from   chennai.  doing  my  final  year  BE.I  ve  been  addiced  to  this  hobby  for  the  past  two  years.Im  a  gold  fish  lover.

Right  now  i  m  having  a  2*1*1.5  tank.  Im  planning  to  upgrade  it  to  a  4  footer  in  a  few  weeks.
AvinashA
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:08 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  Guys,
 This  is  Avinash  from  Pune.  I  am  mechanical  engineer  but  now  working  in  a  software  company  as  Industrilization  Analyst  .

I  am  very  new  to  this  hobby  (since  last  3/4  months).  I  guess,  I  have  been  very  late  to  jump  in  this  hobby  (at  the  age  of  28   Crying or Very sad   ).  Any  way  I  am  learning  new  things  about  my  tank  every  day.  I  have  2X1X1  size  tank.  And  my  fishes  are  2  bengal  danio,  3  Guppies,  1  platty,  1  koi,  1  shark,  2  sword  tails.

-Reagrds,
 Avinash
PC
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:15 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Welcome  Avinash!  why  dont  you  read  the  older  posts  to  help  you  get  a  "crach  course"??  I  strongly  reccomend  you  give  back  the  Koi  and  Shark  -  they  are  not  for  the  tanks  of  your  size.
venky
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:48 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi,  I  am  Rajasekar  from  New  Delhi.  I  work  for  Reserve  Bank  of  India.  For  the  past  5  years  I  have  been  carried  away  by  fishes.  I  have  2  3'  tanks  holding  flowerhorns.  One  is  4"  having  a  good  hump  and  another  is  a  coin  flowerhorn  around  6"  and  round.  My  third  one  cosists  of  quality  gold  fishes  and  catfishes.

I  am  finding  trouble  in  getting  good  quality  food  here  in  Delhi  for  flowerhorns.  Would  be  happy  if  anyone  can  enlighten.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  New Members and Beginners All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 35 of 96

Jump to: