175. Guest
176. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,728

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Opinion by one Satyam Employee
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Opinion by one Satyam Employee
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yogesh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:33 pm Post subject: Opinion by one Satyam Employee Reply with quote

Hi  All,

Received  the  below  stuff  on  chainmail.  No  idea  about  its  authenticity  but  really  an  eye-opener  if  it  is  true.

Its  written  by  a  Satyam  employee:

At  a  time  when  almost  90%  of  my  Satyam  friends  are  cribbing  about  the  fraud  and  betrayal  by  Ramalinga  Raju,  I  have  a  slightly  different  opinion.  It's  bold  of  me  to  write  this  in  black  and  white  but  this  comes  straight  from  my  heart  and  experience.

Let  me  start  by  quoting  an  example  of  2006.  Most  of  my  friends  were  unemployed  with  50-60%  plus  marks  in  BTech,  with  a  degree  from  an  average  University  and  hunting  madly  for  a  job.  Whether  people  accept  it  today  or  not  but  the  truth  remains  that  Satyam  was  the  ONLY  saviour  and  the  only  mass  recruiter  who  was  ready  to  accept  students  who  had  back  logs  but  had  cleared  them  and  also  it  did  not  put  a  very  strict  minimum  marks  criterion.  And  this  was  true  not  only  for  my  small  college  at  Lucknow  but  also  those  across  India  .  Satyam  is  the  fourth  largest  in  IT  in  India.  Looking  at  India's  population  I  really  want  to  thank  Raju  for  giving  some  54000  Indians  jobs  atleast  for  all  these  years  .  He  was  the  reason  for  the  revival  of  confidence  and  the  reason  for  the  bread  and  butter  for  many  a  families.

Satyam  training  was  renowned  all  over  India.  Their  STC  training  centre  created  numerous  love  stories  and  unexpected  rekindling  of  a  youthful  environment  where  girls  and  boys  were  more  indepenent  than  their  college  days  .  I  remember  most  of  my  Satyam  friends  felt  that  they  made  better  friends  at  Satyam's  three  to  six  months  training  than  those  in  the  four  years  of  BTech.

Unfortunately  people  forget  to  thank  God  in  sad  times  .  I  understand  that  what  Raju  did  is  deplorable  and  unpardonable.  He  should  have  treated  business  more  formally  and  not  dealt  with  it  like  a  family  affair  .  He  should  have  been  strict  a  couple  of  months  or  years  before  itself.  Why  did  he  hire  so  many  non  potential  candidates  and  keep  them  on  bench?  When  were  the  managers  and  the  team  mates  last  told  that  if  they  dont  work  hard,  they  will  lose  their  job?  Business  cannot  be  run  lousily.

I  have  been  staying  with  some  200  odd  girls  for  the  last  2  years  and  many  of  them  are  from  Satyam.  Moreover  I  network  a  lot  and  I  have  lots  of  male  friends  at  Satyam  .  I  have  seen  how  people  tail  gate  to  Satyam,  how  they  give  their  swipe  cards  to  others  to  swipe  it  on  their  behalf  ,  how  female  employees  have  gone  home  sharp  at  6am  irrespective  of  when  they  landed  at  office,  how  employees  sit  at  home  for  months  at  a  stretch,  prepare  for  all  kind  of  post  graduate  entrance  exams  and  still  enjoy  a  full  month's  pay,  how  often  they  went  for  movies  at  local  theatres  at  office  hours,  how  often  employees  went  to  office  just  to  sign  on  registers  in  the  morning  and  at  evening,  how  often  they  faked  their  certificates  ,  how  often  they  put  unlimited  fake  medical  and  house  rental  bills.

How  can  we  blame  just  one  man  when  EACH  AND  EVERY  person  was  disloyal  ?  How  can  we  exclude  Auditors  like  PwC  ?  How  can  we  exclude  the  Board  of  Directors  who  have  washed  their  hands  off  so  clean?  How  can  we  exclude  banks  who  gave  hefty  loans  without  true  verfication?  How  can  we  exclude  the  Chief  Minister  of  AP  who  allowed  leniency  for  Raju's  fellow  businessman?  How  can  we  exclude  managers  who  were  never  able  to  trace  which  bench  employee  under  him  had  been  away  from  office  for  how  long  ?

Yet  how  can  people  forget  this  is  the  same  man  whose  ideas  and  potentials  gave  them  an  identity  for  the  past  several  years?  How  many  couples  found  the  right  match  at  an  IT  industry  ,  courtesy  Satyam  and  how  many  Andhra  farmers  benefited  from  their  crores  of  investments  in  Satyam  shares  .How  can  people  forget  that  Satyam  launched  its  offices  right  at  the  doorsteps  of  a  residential  colony,  where  people  can  simply  walk  to  work  ?

The  most  gruesome  experience  that  I  can  recollect  was  when  a  Satyam  tag  wearing  person  was  waiting  to  attend  an  interview  and  I  overheard  him  saying  that  he  was  in  a  business  meeting  at  the  My  Home  Satyam  (  Madhapur)  office  when  he  was  sitting  right  infront  of  me  at  a  totally  different  company.  When  employees  themselves  show  such  a  lousy  attitude  and  dont  care  a  damn  for  the  brand  that  they  carry  around  their  neck,  how  can  they  expect  others  to  care?

I  am  not  saying  that  ALL  Satyam  employees  are  bad.  I  have  known  very  dedicated  people  too,  but  my  point  is  very  clear,  before  pointing  fingers  at  others,  introspect  .There  are  thousands  of  people  who  have  completed  certifications  at  the  cost  of  Satyam,  got  trained  at  Satyam.  Satyam  made  several  freshers  stand  on  their  feet  to  get  better  jobs  elsewhere  across  the  globe  and  attain  onsite  exposure  through  Satyam.

What  Raju  did  was  to  keep  the  business  of  Satyam  going  at  any  cost.  I  see  a  very  smart  man  in  him  when  he  understood  that  he  should  rather  accept  his  mistake  than  be  caught  by  the  USA  laws  .  I  see  a  selfish  father  in  him  too  that  he  put  a  lot  at  stake  for  Maytas.  However,  he  resigned  with  a  lot  of  dignity  and  his  letter  of  resignation  shows  humility.  It  takes  a  mammoth  amount  of  courage  to  accept  your  mistake  in  public  at  a  time  when  the  media  is  ready  to  blow  everything  out  of  proportion.  If  humans  dont  make  mistakes  who  else  would  ?

My  last  salute  to  this  man  is  for  creating  such  mass  employment  in  India  for  57k  employees  and  57k  families  when  even  opening  a  beetle(pan)  shop  in  a  lane  in  India  is  a  challenge  !!  Thanks  to  him  for  creating  income  for  all  the  thousands  of  families  who  benefited  through  food  chains,  the  tiffin  wallahs,  the  transport  people  and  all  those  who  made  money  by  renting  their  houses.

I  read  he  donated  Rs  12000  crores  from  his  personal  pocket  to  give  the  January  salary  of  his  Satyam  employees.  Today  Satyamites  call  Raju  a  FRAUD.  The  true  and  loyal  Satyamites  surely  have  all  the  reasons  to  say  this  word.  But  all  the  rest  who  sucked  every  rupee  out  of  Satyam  without  doing  any  value  addition  need  to  understand  -  who  was  a  bigger  fraud.

By  One  Satyam  Employee
submerge
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:45 pm Post subject: Re: Opinion by one Satyam Employee Reply with quote

Well  the  latest  news  is  that  there  were  only  40,000  employees.  That  number  was  also  inflated.   Drinking
Kaushik
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:49 pm Post subject: Re: Opinion by one Satyam Employee Reply with quote

God  knows  how  many  snakes  will  come  out  while  digging!!!!
 ~  Kaushik~
trevor
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:07 pm Post subject: Re: Opinion by one Satyam Employee Reply with quote

Did  not  know  Raju  was  a  Hero.  So  should  we  put  the  sponging  half  baked  40,000  employees  and  the  17,000  virtual  employees  in  Jail.
 I  am  really  confused.  Crying or Very sad
garothmaan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:20 pm Post subject: Re: Opinion by one Satyam Employee Reply with quote

I  salute  and  Thank  Satyam  for  giving  me  free  Internet  access  of  10hrs  and  exposing  me  to  Internet....I  thank  Satyam  for  actualy  teaching  me  and  ecouraging  me  to  the  world  of  computer  networks,  I  still  pay  for  my  internet  account  with  satyam  wether  or  not  I  use  it...  I  say  that  some  helpless  circumstances  may  have  occured  which  has  caused  all  this.
Shankar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:27 pm Post subject: Re: Opinion by one Satyam Employee Reply with quote

Yogesh,  I  too  had  received  the  above  by  a  db  mail  last  week.  :D

Why  don't  the  auditors  fall  under  the  Fraud  lists?
mcgokul
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:37 pm Post subject: Re: Opinion by one Satyam Employee Reply with quote

Auditors  should  be  taken  to  task.  The  fraud  could  not  have  happened  without  their  connivance.
headbanger_jib
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:46 pm Post subject: Re: Opinion by one Satyam Employee Reply with quote

it  is  always  correct  when  you  say  
 "when  you  have  a  great  power  a  great  responsibility  is  also  upon  you"

he  was  the  man  with  power  and  responsibility,  but  by  not  being  accountable  and  causing  trouble  to  all  those  people  who  worked  at  satyam  and  those  who  trusted  satyam  is  just  a  gross  way  to  demonstrate  responsibility  

he  has  tarnished  the  image  of  the  indian  IT  industry  
 just  the  way  a  few  of  the  employess  tarnished  the  whole  lot  of  satyamites  
 everyone  knows  many  have  got  into  satyam  thru  falsified  docs  and  thats  the  reason  all  of  satyamites  are  facing  emplyment  troubles.

if  he  was  such  a  nice  person  that  he  was  paying  the  salary  thru  his  own  pocket  
 why  was  he  trying  to  buy  out  his  sons  company  using  the  company  investors  money  by  paying  cash  
 i  think  the  above  document  is  just  a  load  of  BS
trevor
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:53 pm Post subject: Re: Opinion by one Satyam Employee Reply with quote

headbanger_jib  wrote  (View  Post):                

i  think  the  above  document  is  just  a  load  of  BS                

Yep,  Its  just  a  load  of  steaming  hot  BS.  Thumb Up
Yogesh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:15 pm Post subject: Re: Opinion by one Satyam Employee Reply with quote

The  above  documented  jabber  is  BS  or  not,  like  we  care??  Chuckle
handsomeraj_raj
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:23 pm Post subject: Re: Opinion by one Satyam Employee Reply with quote

@garothmaan:  the  internet  u  r  using  might  be  sify  i.e   satyam  infoway  belonging  to  satyam  technologies   and  not  of  satyam  computer  services  who's  directors  are  involved  in  fraud.
mitra-hyderabad
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:25 pm Post subject: Re: Opinion by one Satyam Employee Reply with quote

Shankar  wrote  (View  Post):                

Auditors  will  get  their  part  of  punishment  if  they  cant  prove  that  they  we  not  involved  in  the  falsification.  If  proved  guilty,  they  will  be  out  of  profession  for  life.
Yogesh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:43 pm Post subject: Re: Opinion by one Satyam Employee Reply with quote

mitra-hyderabad  wrote  (View  Post):                

Shankar  wrote  (View  Post):                

Auditors  will  get  their  part  of  punishment  if  they  cant  prove  that  they  we  not  involved  in  the  falsification.  If  proved  guilty,  they  will  be  out  of  profession  for  life.                

Totally  agree,  we  all  know  what  happened  to  Arthur  Anderson  after  Enron.
ramsarma1972
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:51 pm Post subject: Re: Opinion by one Satyam Employee Reply with quote

If  my  understanding  is  correct  what  was  reported  in  the  press  was  that  the  extent  of  fraud  in  Indian  currency  was  around  Rs.  7800  Crores.  It  is  quite  strange  that  the  letter  from  the  "Satyamite"  says  Mr.  Raju  paid  Rs.  12,000  crores  from  his  pocket  to  pay  the  salary  to  Satyam  employees!!!

If  this  be  the  truth,  then  where  is  the  question  of  a  scam???  Mr.  Raju  is  truly  a  gentleman  and  ever  corporate  head  in  the  world  should  learn  from  his  example!!!

All  this  is  nonsense  and  should  not  find  place  in  IAH.  May  i  request  the  admin  /  moderators  to  remove  this  topic????
Ranjitpai
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:58 pm Post subject: Re: Opinion by one Satyam Employee Reply with quote

IF  Mr.  Raju  paid  Rs.  12,000  crores  from  his  pocket  to  pay  the  salary  to  Satyam  employees!!!  then  the  fraud  is  not  7000  crores  but  19000  Crores   Sad
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Chit Chat All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: