22. Guest
23. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,405

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - My new tank pics:Updated 13 september!!
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

My new tank pics:Updated 13 september!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kshitij
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:17 am Post subject: My new tank pics:Updated 13 september!! Reply with quote

Hello  everyone,
 I  have  just  finished  my  tank  today  and  just  wanted  to  share  some  pics.Also  i  have  a  question  in  mind  that  since  the  planting  is  very  less,i  would  be  adding  more  plants  after  2  days  so  now  i  have  still  not  added  liquid  fertilizer  .therefore  should  i  wait  or  just  put  the  fertilizer  now??

have  i  planted  hairgrass  in  a  proper  way??

Tank  specifications:
 Light-  2.6  watts/gallon
 Co2-Electronic+DIY  (since  electronic  is  not  for  big  tanks)
 Substrate-  laterite  topped  with  sera  florena  then  with  sand.

Any  suggestions  would  really  help  me  a  lot!!!If  i  am  making  a  mistake  anywhere  please  correct  me!!!   

Thanks  in  advance!!  Thumb Up

Last edited by kshitij on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
toomanyfish
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:05 am Post subject: Re: My new tank pics:need advice!! Reply with quote

errr...i  think  you  need  a  truckload  of  plants  in  there  to  avoid  an  algae  outbreak
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
chinkz
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:09 am Post subject: Re: My new tank pics:need advice!! Reply with quote

I  guess  you'll  need  more  plants  as  toomanyfish  has  rightly  suggested.  If  you  fertilize  now,  there  will  be  an  algae  outbreak  as  there  are'nt  enough  plants  to  compete  with  it...  But  anyways,  the  tank  looks  neat  !  Thanks  for  sharing  the  pics,  Friend   Smile  

Have  a  Wonderful  day  and  enjoy  the  tank   Thumb Up  
 Kush
toomanyfish
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:12 am Post subject: Re: My new tank pics:need advice!! Reply with quote

get  some  large  pieces  of  drift  wood  plant  around  it  get  some  nice  rocks.
 Right  now  its  really  barren..just  plant  blindly  dont  care  it  it  looks  good  or  not
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
raushy
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:43 am Post subject: Re: My new tank pics:need advice!! Reply with quote

Try  to  add  some  1  drift  wood  and  a  natural  rock  to  beautify  and  ofcourse
 u  need  to  have  much  more  plants
kshitij
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:45 pm Post subject: Re: My new tank pics:need advice!! Reply with quote

i  will  get  more  plat  as  soon  as  possible  but  it  will  take  atleast  3  days  ......and  is  the  hairgrass  planted  in  a  proper  way??....
chinkz
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:52 pm Post subject: Re: My new tank pics:need advice!! Reply with quote

kshitij  wrote  (View  Post):                
i  will  get  more  plat  as  soon  as  possible  but  it  will  take  atleast  3  days  ......and  is  the  hairgrass  planted  in  a  proper  way??....                

I  guess  yes.  I've  learnt  that  the  more  you  spread  them  out,  sooner  they  will  grow  and  create  a  carpet  effect.  I  guess  we'll  have  to  wait  for  the  experts  to  comment...
kshitij
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:57 pm Post subject: Re: My new tank pics:need advice!! Reply with quote

Yeah   chikz  ....let  us  wait  for  the  experts....  Drinking
bijay
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:44 pm Post subject: Re: My new tank pics:need advice!! Reply with quote

Hi  

is  this  a  plain  sand/  gravel  substrate  ?  if  so  then  you  may  need  to  fetilize  in  very  reduced  quantities  as  most  dosing  quantities  instructions  are  for  a  densly  planted  tank,  or  you  will  have  an  algae  outbreak.  Have  you  used  laterite  under  the  gravel?

regards  

Bijay
kshitij
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:56 pm Post subject: Re: My new tank pics:need advice!! Reply with quote

Hello  bijay
Scarlet
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:33 pm Post subject: Re: My new tank pics:need advice!! Reply with quote

from  my  experience  of  planted  tank

plant  heavily  from  start  and  go  for  a  pressurised  CO2  setup  cause  for  a  tank  this  size  DIY  is  no  good  
 the  fluctuating  DIY  CO2  will  cause  all  sorts  of  stuff  to  creep  up

the  doom  is  similar  to  what  i  have  in  my  tank  ,  

there  is  nothing  more  soothing  that  sitting  in  front  of  your  planted  tank  every  night  for  10  min  ,  its  like  meditation
Severumkid
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:08 pm Post subject: Re: My new tank pics:need advice!! Reply with quote

Very  nice  tank,  but  as  many  members  have  already  pointed  out,  it  is  only  10%  planted.
 Get  as  much  plants  as  possible.  
 Do  you  have  Co2?  If  not,  then  dosing  can  be  troublesome.  Tell  us  more  about  the  lights  that  you  are  using?  
 Hairgrass  is  rightly  planted  but  is  very  less  in  number.  You  will  face  immense  algae  issues  if  you  do  not  add  plants  ASAP.
hrishi007
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:08 pm Post subject: Re: My new tank pics:need advice!! Reply with quote

my  advice  would  rather  be  ki  u  wait  for  all  your  plants  to  grow  and  then  add  your   fishes..
 and  like  some1  earlier  said..add  some  rocks  or  driftwood..will  look  better..
kshitij
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:11 pm Post subject: Re: My new tank pics:need advice!! Reply with quote

I  will  get  some  more  plants  and  add  driftwood  as  you  all  suggested  ....and  following  is:

Tank  specifications:  
 Light-  2.6  watts/gallon  
 Co2-Electronic+DIY  (since  electronic  is  not  for  big  tanks)  

I  wonder  if  this  tank  is  going  to  be  sucess  (My  first  one  worried)....thanks  every1  Thumb Up
harshal
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:49 pm Post subject: Re: My new tank pics:need advice!! Reply with quote

Hi  Kshitij

I  would  most  certainly  recommend  a  pressurized  CO2  system  for  a  tank  this  size.  The  problem  with  DIY  CO2  is  its  unreliability  and  lack  of  control  of  CO2  flow.  This  will  create  a  situation  where  algae  outbreaks  would  be  more  difficult  to  control.  Once  you  stalk  the  aquarium  with  the  desired  level  of  planting  start  with  Potassium  dosing  initially.
 Also  give  your  tank  specs  like  size  what  kind  of  lights  you  are  using  etc.  Helps  judge  the  situation  better.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: