67. Guest
68. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,784

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Oscar color identification
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Oscar color identification
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Cichlids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmb19000
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:03 pm Post subject: Re: Oscar color identification Reply with quote

Nice...

Add  some  subtract  they  love  to  play  and  busy  themselves  in  rearranging  the  things.
AQUARIST
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:50 pm Post subject: Re: Oscar color identification Reply with quote

toomanyfish  wrote  (View  Post):                
they  are  great  fish...why  have  you  kept  the  tank  barebottom?give  them  some  gravel  some  rocks  some  wood  and  put  in  some  floating  plants.Still  adding  2  fish  would  not  be  a  bad  idea  imo                

Thanks  Hamza,
 I  am  looking  for  White  sand  .....  I  have  even  found  a  source...but  still  i  am  reluctant  to  fill  my  tank  with  it....Right  now  I  do  water  change  once  in  every  three  days  ...(just  a  buket  of  water  is  siphoned  out  and  fresh  water  is  poured  in)  Which  will  be  difficult  if  i  have  substrate...This  i  need  to  do  till  i  get  a  good  filter,  only  then  i  am  going  to  add  a  substrate  to  my  tank.

d_pratik22  wrote  (View  Post):                
woow..they've  become  a  pair  of  beauties..keep  up  the  great  work  bro..                

Thanks  Bro,  all  your  appreciation  has  brought  me  and  my  fish  this  long.

mmb19000  wrote  (View  Post):                
Nice...

Add  some  subtract  they  love  to  play  and  busy  themselves  in  rearranging  the  things.                

i  need  to  get  a  good  filter  before  i  could  add  a  substrate  to  the  tank.
 I  am  thinking  of  getting  a  good  canister  filter  or  a  sump.  Still  not  finalised.
AQUARIST
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:37 pm Post subject: Re: Oscar color identification Reply with quote

Some  Photos  to  share  with  u  all

EHTESHAM
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:49 pm Post subject: Re: Oscar color identification Reply with quote

awsome  thread  Rock On  ,  just  finished  reading  the  whole  thing.  feel  that  your  oscars  are  growing  infront  of  me.great  going  bro  Thumb Up  
 regards-
 Ehtesham.
Dushie
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:51 pm Post subject: Re: Oscar color identification Reply with quote

After  reading  your  thread  even  i  am  interested  in  keeping  the  oscar,  but  i  do  not  have  a  big  tank  for  start  up,  probably  i  will  keep  just  a  single  oscar  in  the  same
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
amitgh
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:48 pm Post subject: Re: Oscar color identification Reply with quote

Nice  pair!!  Congrats  on  growing  them  so  well   Thumb Up  
 Hey  ..  can  you  please  share  what  kind  of  filtration  you  have  and  what  setup  have  you  got  for  lighting?

Thanks!
Vicky01
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:08 am Post subject: Re: Oscar color identification Reply with quote

Hi  Aquarist!

I  read  the  entire  thread  today.  I  have  to  agree  with  what  a  couple  of  other  IAHians  have  said:  reading  this  and  seeing  the  photos  is  like  watching  the  fish  grow  in  front  of  your  eyes.

I  have  some  questions—(a)  how  big  are  the  fish  now  (b)  what  kind/brand  of  dried  fish  do  you  feed  them  (c)  do  you  still  feed  them  guppies  and  platies  (d)  when  they  were  eating  pellet  food  what  brand  were  you  feeding  them  (e)  have  you  ever  fed  them  insects  other  than  grasshoppers  (f)  what  temp  do  you  keep  the  heater  at?

This  is  a  long  list  of  questions.  I  am  hoping  that  your  answers  will  make  me  an  expert  like  you  at  raising  Oscars.   Very Happy  

Thanks!
AQUARIST
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:35 pm Post subject: Re: Oscar color identification Reply with quote

EHTESHAM  wrote  (View  Post):                
awsome  thread  Rock On  ,  just  finished  reading  the  whole  thing.  feel  that  your  oscars  are  growing  infront  of  me.great  going  bro  Thumb Up  
 regards-
 Ehtesham.                

Hi  Bro  ......thanks

Dushie  wrote  (View  Post):                
After  reading  your  thread  even  i  am  interested  in  keeping  the  oscar,  but  i  do  not  have  a  big  tank  for  start  up,  probably  i  will  keep  just  a  single  oscar  in  the  same                

I  am  very  happy  that  i  have  created  interest  to  get  one  of  these  beauties.
 Get  a  bigger  tank  before  you  get  an  Oscar,  that  is  the  right  way  to  go...go  ahead  and  get  a  tank  and  an  oscar  soon.

amitgh  wrote  (View  Post):                
Nice  pair!!  Congrats  on  growing  them  so  well   Thumb Up  
 Hey  ..  can  you  please  share  what  kind  of  filtration  you  have  and  what  setup  have  you  got  for  lighting?

Thanks!                

Thanks  Buddy,  
 I  have  used  1250  LPH  filter  for  a  few  months  time  and  only  a  few  days  back  i  have  changed  it  to  1750  LPH  filter(  my  oscars  love  their  new  filter)...  but  in  general  i  change  a  couple  of  buckets  water  every  two  days  and  i  change  90%  water  every  fortnightly.  
 i  don't  use  a  hood  as  i  wanted  it  to  be  a  open  top  tank  and  hence  lighting  has  become  a  difficult  thing,  to  overcome  that  i  have  placed  a  table  lamp  on  one  end  of  the  tank.  

Vicky01  wrote  (View  Post):                
Hi  Aquarist!

I  read  the  entire  thread  today.  I  have  to  agree  with  what  a  couple  of  other  IAHians  have  said:  reading  this  and  seeing  the  photos  is  like  watching  the  fish  grow  in  front  of  your  eyes.

I  have  some  questions—(a)  how  big  are  the  fish  now  (b)  what  kind/brand  of  dried  fish  do  you  feed  them  (c)  do  you  still  feed  them  guppies  and  platies  (d)  when  they  were  eating  pellet  food  what  brand  were  you  feeding  them  (e)  have  you  ever  fed  them  insects  other  than  grasshoppers  (f)  what  temp  do  you  keep  the  heater  at?

This  is  a  long  list  of  questions.  I  am  hoping  that  your  answers  will  make  me  an  expert  like  you  at  raising  Oscars.   Very Happy  

Thanks!                

Hi  Vicky,
 Thanks....
 a)  11+  inches
 b)I  really  don't  get  any  branded  Dried  fish...  the  Dried  fish  what  i  use  is  just  brought  from  a  shop  which  sells  only  dry  fish.
 c)Platies  occasionally
 d)  every  oscar  has  different  taste  for  different  foods..  mine  never  liked  pellets....  they  like  live  food..  esp  fish,  insects  and  small  reptiles.
 e)  few  times  i  have  tried  cockroaches  too
 f)till  date  i  haven't  used  a  heater..

get  a  bigger  tank  and  an  oscar  and  start  feeding  it,  have  a  good  filter  do  regular  water  changes....  you  will  enjoy  the  hobby  and  your  oscar  too.

A  few  photos  to  share  with  you  all

Massive  Lips

antu
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:32 pm Post subject: Re: Oscar color identification Reply with quote

Those  are  two  badass  fishes!!  Awesome..
oscar-lover
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:52 am Post subject: Re: Oscar color identification Reply with quote

nice  fishes...  Thumb Up

Last edited by oscar-lover on Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Vicky01
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm Post subject: Re: Oscar color identification Reply with quote

Thanks  Aquarist.  You  are  right--frequent  water  changes  are  very  important.

I'll  follow  your  advice  and  someday  I  will  fish  that  look  like  yours.  :)

Vicky
AQUARIST
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:38 pm Post subject: Re: Oscar color identification Reply with quote

Just  a  video  to  share  with  you  all.......

Link
AQUARIST
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:56 pm Post subject: Re: Oscar color identification Reply with quote

Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Cichlids All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: