68. Guest
69. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,784

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores )
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> New Members and Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarge
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:51 pm Post subject: Re: List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores ) Reply with quote

Edited  the  OP  to  remove  the  website  from  the  list.  It  might  not  be  fraudulent  but  I  find  it  best  not  to  mention  it  in  the  list  at  all.
apuda2010
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:06 pm Post subject: Re: List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores ) Reply with quote

@Ravi,

I  value  your  observation  on  trying  to  be  critical  of  anyone  or  any  site  without  personally  experiencing  discomfort  or  inconvenience  with  a  transaction.

I  work  for  a  very  large  corporation  who  makes  products  which  all  of  us  use  regularly.  I  can  assure  you  that  my  opinion  is  not  subjective.

I  have  indeed  interacted  with  all  3  sites  -  MakeMyHobby  ,  AquariumsIndia  and  IndiaPetStore.

I  accidentally  stumbled  upon  MakeMyHobby  via  a  posting  they  made  on  ebay.co.in  for  plants  ,  while  the  remaining  I  dealt  with  directly.

I  based  my  opinions  on  the  following  :

1.  How  responsive  is  the  seller  ?
 2.  Is  the  seller  honest  in  stating  facts  about  the  product  or  service  ?
 3.  Is  he  offering  a  competitive  price  for  the  product  or  does  he  follow  premium  pricing  because  he  is  the  sole  seller  ?
 4.  How  easy  is  it  to  do  or  make  a  transaction  with  the  seller  ?  Does  the  seller  offer  secure  transactions  ?
 5.  Is  the  seller  a  trader  who  finances  his  business  with  the  consumer's  money  or  does  he  invest  capital  and  sell  off  the  shelf  ?  

The  topic  of  this  thread  is  about  online  sites.  Unfortunately  ,  e-commerce  is  not  a  very  developed  concept  in  India  and  even  sellers  (as  mentioned  by  Nirav  in  his  post)  suffer  because  of  the  lack  of  a  legal  framework  ,  very  little  understanding  of  liabilities  and  lack  of  transparency  in  pricing  and  shipment  cost.

I  do  not  really  think  that  you  need  to  do  a  physical  transaction  on  Indian  e-commerce  sites  to  answer  questions  1  to  5.  Simply  compare  MakeMyHobby.com  and  Flipkart.com  ,  you  can  see  the  difference.

I  stand  by  what  I  say.  As  Indian  consumers  ,  we  are  the  smartest  anywhere  globally  in  buying  but  the  worst  when  it  comes  to  any  kind  of  awareness  on  the  service  involved  in  selling.  When  it  comes  to  e-commerce  sites  ,  we  need  to  be  extra  careful.

All  of  us  are  mature  indoviduals.  I  dont  think  anyone  is  foolish  enough  to  conclude  that  one  site  is  better  than  others  just  because  one  genius  is  saying  so.  The  reality  is  that  more  people  are  buying  from  IndiaPetStore  than  MakeMyHobby.  What  could  be  the  reason  ?
apuda2010
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:42 pm Post subject: Re: List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores ) Reply with quote

I  forgot  to  mention  something.

@Sarge  -  now  that  you  indeed  have  the  list  of  sites  ,  it  would  be  simply  great  to  ask  forum  members  to  start  rating  some  of  them  in  case  they  have  interacted  with  them.  The  internet  and  site  traffic  works  on  positive  feedback  and  reviews  and  I  think  IAH  would  really  be  doing  a  great  service  to  hobbyists  and  enthusiasts  by  strongly  recommending  3  top  sites  basis  member  reviews.

Again  ,  I  would  urge  moderators  not  to  confuse  this  with  any  kind  of  endorsement  of  one  site  versus  others.  I  see  so  many  requests  of  WTB  from  new  members  -  it  would  be  phenomenal  if  such  members  can  figure  out  where  to  go.
nash81
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:58 pm Post subject: Re: List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores ) Reply with quote

@all

Now  all  of  us  have  had  good  or  bad  experiences  in  one  or  the  other.  for  example  i  have  2  airtel  phones,  one  always  has  issues  and  the  other  does  not.  Airtel  however  is  working  to  solve  my  issue  and  i  appreciate  that.  However  a  lot  of  my  friends  and  many  of  us  here  may  have  had  the  worst  experience  with  them.  But  is  the  company  itself  bad  ?  I  dont  think  so  else  it  would  not  have  been  where  they  are.  There  are  millions  of  hobbyist  who  use  eheim  including  me.  I  have  one  horse  running  for  the  last  17yrs.  However  a  new  one  i  bought  the  tap  broke  in  2  days,  so  is  eheim  bad.  Similarly  i  have  ordered  a  lot  of  stuff  from  online  companies,  sometimes  the  company  ships  it  but  dosent  reach  me,  why  lost  in  transit.  Is  it  that  companies  fault.  The  courier  agency  has  no  linkage  with  the  shipper.  They  gave  me  an  insurance  option,  i  did  not  take  it.  My  fault.  Dell  a  computer  giant  has  millions  of  users  who  will  kill  michael  dell  for  his  system,  but  i  know  a  million  others  who  will  save  him.  All  have  had  good  and  bad  experiences.  So  one  experience  may  not  be  the  same  for  others.

Let  me  quote  an  example  in  my  company.  We  process  a  lot  of  orders  daily  some  from  extremely  remote  locations.  Sometimes  it  takes  15  days  for  orders  to  reach  that  remote  location.  Reason  the  local  courier  vendor  will  hold  the  parcel  with  him  for  10days  till  he  has  some  other  deliveries  to  do  in  that  area.  Can  i  do  anything  about  it  but  complain  to  the  courier  companies  office  which  will  end  up  going  rounds  and  no  results.  This  is  just  one  example,  when  you  process  a  lot  of  orders  daily,  you  will  get  a  lot  and  lot  of  these  issues.  One  of  the  biggest  challenge  i  mention  again  is  transit  in  our  country  also  not  one  persons  bad  experince  will  be  the  same  of  the  other.   Its  all  circumstantial.  Yes  however  a  regular  defaulter  online  website  is  something  we  all  need  to  be  cautious  about.  The  best  i  would  say  is  email  them  and  see  if  they  respond,  two  make  sure  they  have  a  physical  address  and  lastly  make  sure  they  have  a  phone  number.  When  you  make  payments  online  via  Bank  transfers  always  keep  the  transaction  id's  with  you  and  email  their  customer  service  with  the  details  of  payments.
 If  things  go  wrong  all  of  these  will  help  you  to  put  up  a  legal  battle.  There  are  a  lot  of  consumer  forums  today  including  online  which  will  help  you  with  your  concern.

If  there  are  people  willing  to  work  towards  forming  a  community  which  will  handle  issues  related  to  online  websites  and  dealing  with  them  on  the  legal  grounds,  I  will  be  more  than  willing  to  extend  a  helping  arm.  Lets  do  something  more  constructive  rather  than  just  posting  here  and  may  be  stepping  over  the  rules  of  iah.  Lets  respect  IAH  for  what  it  is  and  follow  its  rules.  For  complains  and  feedbacks  there  can  always  be  a  new  website  if  needed  for  the  hobbyist  which  can  help  negotiate  between  the  LFS  and  the  hobbyist.  Like  consumercomplaints.in,  etc.

Warm  Regards
 Nirav  shah
 www.indiapetstore.com
 www.freshnmarine.in
apuda2010
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:01 pm Post subject: Re: List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores ) Reply with quote

@Nirav,

I  greatly  appreciate  your  intention  and  attempt  to  defend  online  sites  and  the  recourse  hobbyists  have  in  case  something  goes  wrong.

I  think  we  are  confusing  two  issues  here  :

1.  Rules  of  IAH/constructive  versus  destructive  posts/respect  for  IAH

2.  Feedback  and  opinions  of  a  hobbyist  on  any  topic.

Firstly  ,  I  do  not  see  any  reason  why  rules  are  being  violated  here.  I  perceive  this  to  be  a  healthy  debate  and  a  forum  like  IAH  is  a  perfect  place  do  discuss.  At  no  point  have  I  mentioned  a  single  instance  or  example  of  poor  service  etc.  I  would  never  do  that  on  a  forum  but  contact  the  seller  directly  and  resolve.

Sarge  started  the  topic  by  mentioning  some  site  names  and  asking  members  to  give  views  and  opinions.  As  a  member  ,  I  did  so.  Some  other  member  will  differ  in  their  opinion  ,  which  should  be  fine.

You  are  a  smart  seller  ,  and  everyone  appreciates  that.  As  you  rightly  mentioned  ,  integration  with  freshnmarine.sg  is  a  unique  initiative  in  India.  But  your  examples  of  Airtel  and  Eheim  are  completely  out  of  context.  Airtel  is  a  great  company  ,  but  if  they  provide  me  with  poor  service  ,  I  will  not  like  them  ,  will  I  ?  So  whats  wrong  in  saying  that  Airtel  sucks  in  a  forum  ?

I  had  a  bad  experience  with  aquariumsindia.com  and  I  mentioned  that.  Others  may  have  had  a  very  good  experience.  End  of  story.

Like  you,  I  would  also  like  to  help  the  community  and  contribute  by  making  people  aware  of  the  do's  and  dont's  on  online  sites.  That  ,  in  my  view  is  the  greatest  service  I  can  do  to  this  absolutely  amazing  site  and  the  fantastic  set  of  people  (including  yourself)  who  make  this  a  unique  property  in  India.
ravi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:38 pm Post subject: Re: List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores ) Reply with quote

apuda2010  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  based  my  opinions  on  the  following:

1.  How  responsive  is  the  seller  ?
 2.  Is  the  seller  honest  in  stating  facts  about  the  product  or  service  ?
 3.  Is  he  offering  a  competitive  price  for  the  product  or  does  he  follow  premium  pricing  because  he  is  the  sole  seller  ?
 4.  How  easy  is  it  to  do  or  make  a  transaction  with  the  seller  ?  Does  the  seller  offer  secure  transactions  ?
 5.  Is  the  seller  a  trader  who  finances  his  business  with  the  consumer's  money  or  does  he  invest  capital  and  sell  off  the  shelf  ?  

Thanks  for  confirming  what  you  wrote  was  your  opinion  and  not  a  fact.   Very Happy  

I  do  not  really  think  that  you  need  to  do  a  physical  transaction  on  Indian  e-commerce  sites  to  answer  questions  1  to  5.  Simply  compare  MakeMyHobby.com  and  Flipkart.com  ,  you  can  see  the  difference.                

Thanks  for  the  information.  Your  "modus  operandi"  is  clear  to  me.  :D

I  stand  by  what  I  say.  As  Indian  consumers  ,  we  are  the  smartest  anywhere  globally  in  buying  but  the  worst  when  it  comes  to  any  kind  of  awareness  on  the  service  involved  in  selling.  When  it  comes  to  e-commerce  sites  ,  we  need  to  be  extra  careful.

All  of  us  are  mature  indoviduals.  I  dont  think  anyone  is  foolish  enough  to  conclude  that  one  site  is  better  than  others  just  because  one  genius  is  saying  so.  The  reality  is  that  more  people  are  buying  from  IndiaPetStore  than  MakeMyHobby.  What  could  be  the  reason  ?                

That's  great.  But  do  not  post  xyz.com  is  a  fraudulent  site.  Also,  please  see  Forum  Guidelines.  Especially,  "Avoid  Defaming  or  Libel  Do  not  assert,  imply,  or  insinuate  or  ascribe  any  actions  or  behaviours  to  a  separate  party  that  are  unproven  and  speculative,  to  either  a  public  or  private  figure.  "  

We  try  to  be  free  &  fair  on  our  moderation  on  IAH.  We  do  not  treat  our  fellow  aquarists  like  school  children,  who  are  corrected  at  the  slightest  digression,  as  is  common  on  lots  of  other  forums.  But  there  are  limits.  Sites  rules  have  to  be  followed.  Some  of  the  posts  on  this  thread  are  in  violation  of  "Avoid  Defaming  or  Libel  Do  not  assert,  imply,  or  insinuate  or  ascribe  any  actions  or  behaviours  to  a  separate  party  that  are  unproven  and  speculative,  to  either  a  public  or  private  figure."

Thanks  for  your  understanding  &  co-operation.
nash81
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:51 pm Post subject: Re: List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores ) Reply with quote

Hi  Joyce,

Honestly  i  havent  been  able  to  understand  personally  what  is  right  to  say  and  what  is  wrong  to  say  on  IAH  till  date,  since  eventually  its  people  who  run  it  and  things  are  subjective  in  nature,  what  i  may  feel  is  right  the  moedrator  may  feel  isnt  and  thats  the  end  of  story  there.  The  moderators  definitely  do  a  very  fair  job  and  give  ample  of  inputs  to  the  hobbyist  where  things  are  on  the  border  line  or  a  potential  threat  of  flame  wars.  However  i  am  not  deffering  from  your  point  of  view  as  well.  I  firmly  believe  and  agree  that  we  should  allow  people  to  give  their  thoughts  and  also  allow  sellers  be  it  online  or  local  to  equally  reply.  As  often  seen  on  IAH  most  constructive  debates  have  ended  up  in  flame  wars  and  which  is  what  has  forced  the  admins  to  be  more  cautious  and  i  stand  by  them  in  that.

My  thought  process  here  is  similar  to  yours,  that  is  to  provide  hobbyist  with  true  honest  feedback   and  a  recourse  on  things.  However  IAH  as  i  understand  it  is  more  to  discus  fish  and  products,  rather  than  sellers  or  deals  that  havent  gone  well.  So  my  proposal  is  that  if  we  as  hobbyist  feel  that  it  is  required,  lets  take  an  initiative  to  form  a  group  of  people  from  various  cities  and  states,  which  will  help  hobbyist  and  become  a  netural  point  between  the  seller  and  vendor.  Make  a  trust  seal  of  this  group  and  certify  websites,  local  LFS,  Pet  shops  who  are  willing  to  join  in  the  initiative  of  fair  trade.  If  a  site  is  certified  by  this  group,  the  hobbyist  may  be  in  a  position  to  think  that  its  safe  to  buy.  However  certification  of  the  site  will  not  gurantee  that  his  deal  wont  go  sour  but  atleast  he  will  be  assured  that  things  will  be  worked  upon  if  something  goes  wrong  by  this  group.  I  think  this  can  be  a  constructive  step  forward  for  things  in  the  future.

Warm  Regards
 Nirav  Shah
 www.indiapetstore.com
 www.freshnmarine.in
apuda2010
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:01 pm Post subject: Re: List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores ) Reply with quote

@Ravi,

My  sincere  apologies  to  all  IAH  members  and  the  community  for  any  violation  of  forum  rules.  I  respect  the  site  and  its  rules  above  anything  else.

As  mentioned  in  my  other  posts  ,  my  opinion  is  entirely  my  personal  opinion  (basis  transactions  I  have  done  myself  and  information  available  in  public  domain)  and  is  not  to  be  construed  as  either  the  expressed  opinion  or  view  of  IAH  and/or  any  member  of  IAH.

I  also  understand  that  this  is  a  public  forum  and  moderation  of  any  expressed  opinion  is  in  the  interest  of  everyone.

Rgds.
apuda2010
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:13 pm Post subject: Re: List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores ) Reply with quote

@Nirav,

I  think  you  are  making  a  brilliant  point  in  your  second  paragraph.  This  is  the  one  single  reason  which  makes  me  and  so  many  hobbyists  stick  to  the  forum  -  folks  helping  each  other.  You  are  right  -  its  is  not  about  transactions  gone  sour  but  of  a  group  of  guys  who  are  willing  to  lend  a  helping  hand  to  a  hobbyist.

I  sincerely  feel  that  if  the  hobbyist  community  drives  this  certification  ,  not  only  will  the  community  benefit  ,  so  will  the  sellers.

For  example  ,  I  would  simply  love  to  see  a  logo  on  IndianPetStore.com  saying  IAH  5  star  recommended.  Imagine  the  comfort  it  would  give  to  a  consumer  who  is  browsing  your  site.

I  for  one  would  love  to  contribute  in  any  way  possible  to  get  this  up  and  running.
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:33 pm Post subject: Re: List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores ) Reply with quote

Well...Latest  updated  sites  ............

Indiapetstore  -  http://www.indiapetstore.com  (Equipments,  Accessories,  Scaping,  Livestock,  Plants)  

AquariumsIndia  -  http://www.aquariumsindia.com  (Equipments,  Accessories,  Scaping)  

Aqua  Design  Amano  India  ADA  Nature  Aquarium  -  http://www.adaindia.in  (DoAqua  and  Nature  Aquarium  Products  from  ADA)  

Aquasstar  Online  -  http://aquasstaronline.com  

Shopatsimba  -  http://shopatsimba.com  (  Equpments  &  Acessories,  lots  of  Boyu  products  )  

MadOverFish  -  http://www.madoverfish.com  (  Cichlids  &  Marine  fish  )  

Shivas  Discus  -  http://www.shivadiscus.com  (  Discus  )  

Aquashoppe  Aquarium  Design  &  Trading  -  http://www.aquashoppe.in  (  Equipments  &  Accessories  )  

Online  Discus  -  http://www.onlinediscus.com  (  Discus  )  

Sams  Discus  -  http://www.samsdiscus.com  (  Discus  )  

Indian  Discus  Fish  -  http://www.indiandiscusfish.com  (  Discus  )  

Pune  Discus  -  http://www.punediscus.com  (  Dicus  )  

Gem  Aquarist  India  Private  Limited  -  http://www.gemaquarist.com  

FreshMarine  -  http://freshnmarine.in  (  Marine  setup  accessores  &  products,  Livestock  etc  )  

Modern  Pet  Centre  -  http://www.modernpetcentre.in/  (Livestock)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sarge
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:58 pm Post subject: Re: List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores ) Reply with quote

Hey  the  latest  website  addition  Modern  Pet  Centre  carry  the  MPEDA  and  OFI  logos.
 Was  curious  as  to  what  they  were  and  I  found  following

Quote:                
MPEDA:
 Acts  as  a  coordinating  agency  with  different  Central  and  State  Government  establishments  engaged  in  marine  products  and  allied  activities.                

Source:
 http://www.mpeda.com/

Quote:                
Our  organisation  was  founded  on  1  June  1980  at  a  meeting  held  in  Rome  by  a  dedicated  group  of  people  who  were  unhappy  and  concerned  at  the  state  of  the  international  aquatic  industry  at  the  time.  One  of  the  main  aims  that  arose  out  of  that  original  meeting  was  to  improve  all-round  standards.  This  still  remains  a  central  part  of  our  organisation  today,  as  -  despite  the  many  major  developments  that  have  taken  place  over  the  years  -  there  is  always  room  for  further  improvement.

Since  its  launch,  OFI  has  expanded  steadily  and  we  now  (September  2008)  have  members  in  44  countries  ....                

Source:

http://www.ornamental-fish-int.org
essabee
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores ) Reply with quote

Can  anyone  post  the  E-mail  address  of  -  Gem  Aquarist  India  Private  Limited  -  http://www.gemaquarist.com  

<gemaqua>,   is  not  accepting  any  mail.
vijendra_s123
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:54 pm Post subject: Re: List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores ) Reply with quote

@essabee  -  gemaquarist  [at]  hotmail  [dot]  com  (an  hour  ago  only  called  them  and  got  this  email  id  from  them   Smile  )
sam22sam
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:14 pm Post subject: Re: List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores ) Reply with quote

came  across  this  one  today

http://www.fyshopping.com/

cant  vouch  for  the  service  though;  Never  purchased  from  the  site.

regards,
 sam
essabee
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:46 pm Post subject: Re: List of Aquarium Websites ( Online Stores ) Reply with quote

vijendra_s123  wrote  (View  Post):                
@essabee  -  gemaquarist  [at]  hotmail  [dot]  com  (an  hour  ago  only  called  them  and  got  this  email  id  from  them   Smile  )                

Thank  you  Vijendra,  it  worked.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  New Members and Beginners All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: