56. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,813

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Altum Flora
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Altum Flora
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Discuss Discus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yogesh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:58 pm Post subject: Re: Altum Flora Reply with quote

Sidrock  wrote  (View  Post):                
Beautiful  looking  fish  Yogesh!

Can  I  ask  how  many  set-up/running  tank  do  you  have  and  how  many  of  them  are  not  stocked  with  Discus?  :D

It  seems  like,  soon  you're  going  to  have  more  strains  of  discus  than  Shiva  Chuckle  

-Sid                

Hi  Sid,

Thanks,  guess  you  liked  this  discus  because  of  his  monster-size.  Wink  
 None  of  the  8  tanks  at  the  moment  without  discus  (have  plans  reducing  to  2-3  tanks  only  in  future).
 I  have  very  limited  strains  with  me  and  all  of  them  are  imported  from  various  sources.  Our  Indian  discus  world  still  has  a  long  way  to  go  before  it  can  catch  superior  standards  set  by  discus-breeders  in  Malaysia,  Singapore,  Germany,  Japan  or  USA.  Some  breeders  in  Poland,  Belgium  &  Vietnam  also  produce  some  fantastic  quality  discus.

Also  we  should  not  comment  about  comparison  with  anyone  as  this  not  any  kind  of  competition.  As  you  stay  on  a  Central  line,  you  should  pay  visit  to  Shiva's  hatchery  at  Dombivali  once.  Bet  you  will  like  beautiful  discus  he  have  &  overall  setup.  Maybe  you  will  start  keeping  discus  next  day.  Chuckle
Whitesnake
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:14 pm Post subject: Re: Altum Flora Reply with quote

Agree  with  Yogesh......  Thumb Up
souravghosal
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:09 pm Post subject: Re: Altum Flora Reply with quote

nice  one  yogesh...
nnpnnp
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:56 pm Post subject: Re: Altum Flora Reply with quote

Hi  Yogesh
 Another  excellent  addition  to  your  breath-taking  collection  !   Clapping  
 Regards,
 Nitin
Yogesh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:01 am Post subject: Re: Altum Flora Reply with quote

Thanks  Nitin  &  Sourav.
punna
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:30 am Post subject: Re: Altum Flora Reply with quote

Wow....super.....you  are  the  lucky  man  Yogesh.
PRAVU
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:27 pm Post subject: Re: Altum Flora Reply with quote

Awesome  collection.start  breeding  your  collection  of  wilds  and  domestics.with  all  u  discus  guru's  effort  Indiar  market  of  discus  will  reach  the  hights  soon.I  really  and  surely  hope  so.
Yogesh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:53 pm Post subject: Re: Altum Flora Reply with quote

Thanks  Punna  &  Prabuddha.

PRAVU  wrote  (View  Post):                
start  breeding  your  collection  of  wilds  and  domestics                

Yes,  I'm  seriously  thinking  of  returning  back  to  breed  discus.  Last  serious  discus  spawn  I  had  was  like  4  years  earlier,  of  beautiful  Blue  Turqs.
 Have  succeeded  to  spot  partner  for  him  at  last.  One  AF  female  will  be  flying  soon  from  Belgium  to  join  this  stud.  Cheering
PRAVU
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:54 pm Post subject: Re: Altum Flora Reply with quote

Hi,  Best  of  luck.  Will  u  form  force  pair  in  between  them.  Is  it  possible?
   Yogeshda,  One  off  post  question.  One  of  my  discuses  is  getting  dark  sometimes.  The  fellow  is  an  LSS  with  blue  base,  and  is  2.5-3  inch.  Is  it  normal  for  these  types  of  strain  or  problem?  Other  fellows  are  PB  of  4.5-5.5  inch  and  one  melon  with  4  inch  almost.  2.5  ft  X  15  inch  X  15  inch.  Daily  WC  of  25%.  temp  28  C  and  feeding  3  times  with  hikari.
 Thanks  in  advance.
 Prabuddha  Sarkar
adesh8028
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:21 am Post subject: Re: Altum Flora Reply with quote

One  of  my  discuses  is  getting  dark  sometimes.  The  fellow  is  an  LSS  with  blue  base,  and  is  2.5-3  inch.  Is  it  normal  for  these  types  of  strain  or  problem?  Other  fellows  are  PB  of  4.5-5.5  inch  and  one  melon  with  4  inch  almost.  2.5  ft  X  15  inch  X  15  inch.  Daily  WC  of  25%.  temp  28  C  and  feeding  3  times  with  hikari.
 Thanks  in  advance.
 Prabuddha  Sarkar                

I'm  not  genetic  expert  hence  will  not  be  able  to  comment  on  problems  with  specific  strain.  However,  dont  try  to  mix  discus  with  different  sizes.
PRAVU
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:26 am Post subject: Re: Altum Flora Reply with quote

Thanks  Adeshda.  Actually  I  have  bought  that  fellow  much  later.  I  think  this  may  be  due  to  stress  due  to  small  size.  You  are  right.  I  will  post  pics  soon.  I  have  already  posted  pics  in  My  best  PB  sectioon.  But  those  are  not  new.  Thank  you  again
 Prabuddha  Sarkar
Yogesh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:40 pm Post subject: Re: Altum Flora Reply with quote

Hi,  Best  of  luck.  Will  u  form  force  pair  in  between  them.  Is  it  possible?                

Very  much  possible  depending  on  luck.  One  LSS  male  I  sent  to  Kiran  immediately  paired  with  his  Red  Melon  female  in  QT  only.  So  it  is  not  necessary  pair  to  be  formed  from  group  itself.  

One  off  post  question.  One  of  my  discuses  is  getting  dark  sometimes.  The  fellow  is  an  LSS  with  blue  base,  and  is  2.5-3  inch.  Is  it  normal  for  these  types  of  strain  or  problem?  Other  fellows  are  PB  of  4.5-5.5  inch  and  one  melon  with  4  inch  almost.  2.5  ft  X  15  inch  X  15  inch.  Daily  WC  of  25%.  temp  28  C  and  feeding  3  times  with  hikari.
 Thanks  in  advance.
 Prabuddha  Sarkar                

It  is  not  advisable  to  have  so  much  size  variation  in  your  discus  group.  Little  fella  may  not  get  enough  food  or  bigger  discus  will  keep  him  bullying  &  stressed.  Thus  you  are  risking  him  to  go  stunted  way,  better  to  grow  little  chap  in  a  separate  tank.
Yogesh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:07 pm Post subject: Re: Altum Flora Reply with quote

Getting  Altum  Flora  female  is  delayed  for  some  reason.
 Till  then  sharing  picture  of  this  Giant  Leopard  which  came  alongwith  AF  male.  
 Sorry  for  glass-stains.  Wink  

ratheeshkollam
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:47 pm Post subject: Re: Altum Flora Reply with quote

nice  Fish.  nice  patters.  Clapping
indianhotriff
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:09 pm Post subject: Re: Altum Flora Reply with quote

YOGESH,

i  AM  COMING  TO  MUM  IN  aPRIL.  aND  YOU  HAVE  TO  TAKE  TIME  OUT  TO  MEET  ME.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Discuss Discus All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: