144. Guest
145. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,898

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - COME JOIN THE HYDERABAD AQUARIUM CLUB!
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

COME JOIN THE HYDERABAD AQUARIUM CLUB!
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Fishkeeping and Aquaristics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sibesh
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:28 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

hello  all  hyderabad  guys,
 I  just  shifted  to  hyderabad  and  staying  near  to  JNTU,Kukotpally.  If  you  guys  are  having  any  plan  for  this  week  end  near  kukotpally  (  I  am  not  still  aware  of  the  other  places  and  how  to  reach  there  !!),  Please  let  me  know  ..  I  can  also  join  in      Very Happy  .
   I  doubt  how  much  I  can  participate  after  my  wife  joins  me    Crying or Very sad  

Sibesh
vikram
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:22 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Sibesh  wrote:                
hello  all  hyderabad  guys,
 I  just  shifted  to  hyderabad  and  staying  near  to  JNTU,Kukotpally.  If  you  guys  are  having  any  plan  for  this  week  end  near  kukotpally  (  I  am  not  still  aware  of  the  other  places  and  how  to  reach  there  !!),  Please  let  me  know  ..  I  can  also  join  in      Very Happy  .

I  doubt  how  much  I  can  participate  after  my  wife  joins  me    Crying or Very sad  
 Sibesh                

Hi  sibesh,
                                 Welcome  to  Hyderabad.  Naren  (ID  is  the  same  too)  lives  in  Kukatpally  too.  I'm  sure  he'll  help  u  find  LFS  in  your  area.  He's  got  to  take  his  GRE  next  week..  so    i  guess  he's  busy  studying..  Dont  spend  too    much  time  on  IAH  Naren...  your  dad'll  throw  out  the  tank  if  u  dont  do  well  in  GRE..  Chuckle..His  comp'  has  GBs  and  GBs  of  pictures  and  videos  of  fish  and  aquaria..  well..  all  the  best  to  u  NAREN..  Well,  we  have  not  planned  any  trip  this  weekend,  yet.  well..  we'll  decide  that  soon  and  let  u  know.  

Vikram.
supershaji
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:11 pm Post subject: Re: Goin for a Bigger tank !! Reply with quote

naren  wrote:                
Hi  Shaji,,
                         I've  earlier  thought  of  setting  a  25  gallon  chiclid  tank  ,,  but  i've  changed  my  plan,  i  think  i  will  go  for  a  bigger  one,something  around  50  to  60  gallon  tank.I'll  get  it  fixed  into  a  wall  near  dining  room.  I'm  still  ambiguous  whether  i  would  go  for  a  marine  tank  or  a  chiclid  tank.  Most  probably  i  would  go  for  a  Chiclid  and  i'm  likely  to  experiment  Aquascaping  on  my  25  gallon  tank.  Definately  i  would  need  your  help  but  gimme  some  more  time,  cos  i've  an  exam  on  27th  jan,  after  that  i  would  be  free....seems  u  guys  are  planning  to  meet  this  weekend,,,that  would  be  great....

Bye  
 Naren,,                

all  da  best  for  your  exams,  we  shall  discuss  further  after  u  r  thru.

Welcome  to  Hyderabad  Sibesh  and  to  IAH  too!

hope  to  see  all  of  u  soon!

Shaji
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
supershaji
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:17 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

cichlid  tanks  are  pretty  interesting  naren....  but  i've  got  my  heart  set  on  setting  up  a  marine  tank  soon.  the  experts  have  it  that  its  best  for  a  rookie  to  set  up  a  marine  aquarium  with  atleast  300  ltrs  of  water  in  it  or  a  4'  tank  at  the  least....  it  apparently  keeps  the  aua-sphere  more  stable.

we  shall  meet  soon  and  further  exchange  notes.

all  da  best  for  your  exams!

so  fellas,  any  plans  for  the  weekend?  Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
naren
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:22 am Post subject: I'm back......... Reply with quote

Hi  guys,,

Thanks  Vikram  ,,,  i  recieved  your  msg  ,,  

Finished  my  exam  with  a  1050,,(Gre)..last  two  weeks  were  really  so  weary..  i  got  so  exhausted  reading  those  words...  finally  everything  went  well..    so  guys  what's  up...any  plans......  there  is  a  beautiful  small  pond  in  osmania  university..  does  anyone  know  abt  it?...  i've  seen  it  in  a  pic  ,,  its  good  and  seems  like  it's  having  many  water  plants  and  the  water  is  too  not  murky.  

Greetings  sibesh,,,  nice  to  know  that  u've  shifted  to  KPHB.  well  i  will  be  free  today  and  tomm  .  we  can  meet  at  some  place.  

any  other  news  ??......i  think  today  i'll  go  to  seaworld  and  get  the  things  required  for  my  cichlid  project.
Sibesh
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:19 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

Thanks  All,
 Naren
 I  was  busy  with  my  family  last  wekend  ..could  not  acces  the  net.
 We  can  meet  sometimes  this  week/week  end.
 Also  let  me  know  if  there  is  any  LFS  in  JNTU/KPHB  area.

Sibesh
naren
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:00 am Post subject: HII guys Reply with quote

Hi  Guys,,,
                   Absolutely  no  postings  ,,  seems  everyone  are  so  busy..My  chiclid  tank  project  is  halfway  through,,  and  regarding  the  chiclids  which  one  should  i  buy.  I  hardly  do  know  the  names  of  all  the  varieties.  One  LFS  has  one  variety  --  yellow  morph,,  i  think  i  will  jump  to  an  angel  tank..

Bye  

Naren
vikram
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:44 am Post subject: Re: HII guys Reply with quote

naren  wrote:                
Hi  Guys,,,
                   Absolutely  no  postings  ,,  seems  everyone  are  so  busy..My  chiclid  tank  project  is  halfway  through,,  and  regarding  the  chiclids  which  one  should  i  buy.  I  hardly  do  know  the  names  of  all  the  varieties.  One  LFS  has  one  variety  --  yellow  morph,,  i  think  i  will  jump  to  an  angel  tank..

Bye  
 Naren                

Hi  Naren..  not  much  activity  since  u  left..  everyone's  been  very  busy.  And  for  your  cichlid  tank,  first  decide  wht  cichlids  u  wanna  keep..  American  or  malawi  or  tanganyika....  there's  a  lot  of  choice  but  i  recommend  that  u  take  due  care  in  selecting  the  fish.  Also,  it's  not  a  good  idea  to  mix  up  the  cichlids  of  different  areas  because'  of  different  levels  of  aggression  and  different  dietary  ...  i've  been  doing  a  lot  of  research  on  that  part..  In  my  2  foot  tank,  i  now  have  a  pair  of  Yellow  morph,  Red  zebra  and  M.  Auratus  each.  They're  all  doin  fine  now..  but  they're  growing  and  fast!  so  need  to  get  a  bigger  tank  for  them  soon..  If  u  take  my  opinion,  keepin  cichlids  that  exhibit  a  bit  of  a  'personality'  of  their  own  is  far  more  interesting  than  keepin  angels..  It's  only  my  opinion.  because'  they  stuff  they  do  is  sooo  interesting  to  watch..  they  dig,  pull  the  plants  around,  move  the  gravel,  make  territories  and  defend  them  and  there's  a  lot  more  to  them..  well..  if  u  r  talking  abt  the  25  Gallon  tank  u  hav,  then  most  people  would  suggest  the  shell  dwelling  species  which  are  small..  u  can  also  go  for  medium  sized  ones  of  malawi  but  dont  know  if  25  G  would  be  enough  when  they  grow  up..  And  these  are  far  more  hardy  and  easier  to  keep  than  angels  are.  I'll  post  the  pictures  of  my  tank  soon....  if  u  plan  to  buy  those  yellow  morphs,  dont  rush..  find  specimens  with  bright  yellow  color  and  minimal  appearance  of  the  vertical  dark  markings  alongside  their  bodies....  How  r  u  Neons  doing  ???  and  the  Tangerines,  they're  breeding  ??  all  the  best,  mate...  Bye
naren
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:18 pm Post subject: Hi ,,,, Reply with quote

Hi  Vikram,,
                   Happy  to  find  your  mail.Ya,,what  u  said  was  right,,,chiclids  are  more  active  and  lively  ,,but  the  confusion  is  which  ones  to  put  in  the  tank....i  think  i  would  come  down  to  hyderabad  to  get  those  chiclids  and  of  course  i  need  your  help...and  also  i  forgot  to  tell  you  that  i've  started  the  DIY  background,,,    i've  made  the  basic  structure  and  tommorow  i  might  give  it  a  shape.(any  suggestions).....i  will  post  pics  tomm  ,,,  so  what  else  ..  keep  mailin

Bye
 Regards,,,

Naren
Sibesh
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:03 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

I  am  also  interested  in  Cichlids.  Initially  thinking  of  keeping  Severum  as  it  is  less  demanding.  I  just  set  up  my  tank  and  currently  it's  undergoing  cycling  process  with  4  mollies.  Last  week  I  went  to  LFS  near  secunderabad  railway  station,but  most  of  the  shops  were  closed.
 Any  othere  place  to  get  good  healthy  fishes  ?

Sibesh
vikram
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:33 pm Post subject: Re: Hi ,,,, Reply with quote

naren  wrote:                
Hi  Vikram,,
                   Happy  to  find  your  mail.Ya,,what  u  said  was  right,,,chiclids  are  more  active  and  lively  ,,but  the  confusion  is  which  ones  to  put  in  the  tank....i  think  i  would  come  down  to  hyderabad  to  get  those  chiclids  and  of  course  i  need  your  help...and  also  i  forgot  to  tell  you  that  i've  started  the  DIY  background,,,    i've  made  the  basic  structure  and  tommorow  i  might  give  it  a  shape.(any  suggestions).....i  will  post  pics  tomm  ,,,  so  what  else  ..  keep  mailin

Naren                

Hey..  i've  done  my  DIY  background  too..  curing  it  for  the  last  four  days..  cement  on  thermocool..  But  for  trial,  i  made  a  small  one..  just  12"  *  12"  ..  for  now  planning  to  cover  up  the  remaining  area  of  the  background  with  live  vallisinaria.  My  fish  seem  to  love  those  plants  too..  they  nip  and  pull  them  off  continually  rearranging  the  plants  by  uprooting  them..it's  fun  watchin  them.  i'll  put  the  background  in  the  tank  in  a  month  after  treating  it  well  in  water  and  then  make  the  other  half  of  the  background  if  the  fish  like  this  one!..  this  will  give  me  enough  experience  to  DIY  the  background  when  i  get  the  Bigger  tank...  i'll  post  the  pics  this  monday  or  tuesday..  let  me  see  your  pic  too..  asap..  cant  wait...  also  describe  the  process  and  the  ingredients  used...  Saad's  also  plannin  a  DIY  BG  i'spose..  take  care..byeee..
 vikram
naren
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:11 pm Post subject: Hi Guys,, Reply with quote

Hi,,,
                 Been  long,,so  what's  up,,,my  DIY  background  is  nearing  completion.  But  i'm  still  hesitating  whether  to  go  for  the  DIY  or  real  rocks.  Quite  confusing..So  shall  we  plan  for  a  meet  this  weekend,  if  u  guys  are  interested  then  please  reply  fast  so  that  i  can  decide  whether  to  stay  back  or  to  return  to  vizag(cos  presently  i  reside  there).

regards
 Naren
Sibesh
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:11 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

I  am  there  this  week  end  !!  
 I  will  get  the  chance  to  meet  you  guys  for  the  1st  time.
 Mean  time  I  bought  by  Severums  last  week  and  they  are  doing  fine  ...

Sibesh
supershaji
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:16 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hi  Naren,  Vikram  and  all  of  us  lesser  active  ppl  from  Hyderabad!

Nice  to  see  all  u  guys  in  the  groove!  I  met  saad  and  he  took  me  to  an  LFS  near  Charminar  which  keeps  Marine.  Yea,  I'm  on  the  verge  of  setting  up  a  tropical  Marine  Aquarium  and  am  at  the  moment  shifting  my  FW  setup  into  a  new  tank  and  plan  to  make  it  a  heavily  planted  one...  mind  u,  dense!  ...  really  dense!    Very Happy  

ok,  the  weekend's  coming  and  like  Naren  suggests,  we  flock!  well,  i've  been  quite  poor  on  this  front,  but  would  definately  like  to  meet  all  of  you.

waiting  for  all's  replies....

Shaji
 +91.98857.08111

PS:  vikram  and  naren,  where  are  the  pics  of  your  DIY  BGs  that  u  guys  were  going  to  post?  put  em  on...  dont  be  shy  Wink
naren
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:00 pm Post subject: Re: HI Reply with quote

ok,  the  weekend's  coming  and  like  Naren  suggests,  we  flock!  well,  i've  been  quite  poor  on  this  front,  but  would  definately  like  to  meet  all  of  you.

waiting  for  all's  replies....

Shaji
 +91.98857.08111

PS:  vikram  and  naren,  where  are  the  pics  of  your  DIY  BGs  that  u  guys  were  going  to  post?  put  em  on...  dont  be  shy  Wink[/quote]

Hi  Shaji,,
                       it  would  be  exciting  to  meet  you  this  weekend  if  u  can  make  it..cos  i've  lots  of  doubts  reg  the  DIY  bg  and  planted  tanks..your  suggestions  would  be    a  great  help  to  me.I'm  jus  searchin  for  any  biotopes  or  small  waterbodies  around  hyd,  how  would  that  be  if  we  can  go  for  a  fishy  hunt??  Shaji,,  do  u  have  any  idea  ??

Hi  Sibesh,,
                       i  was  happy  to  hear  that  u've  moved  to  KP,,  but  unfortunately  i've  moved  to  vizag.  but  eventhough  i  would  be  visiting  hyd  twice  a  month.  anyhow  if  ure  intrested  to  attend  this  week's  meet  jus  keep  in  touch,,  we'l  finalize  the  date  place  and  time  with  our  senior  aquarists.

hoping  more  people  would  turn  out  this  weekend,,  but  we'll  be  missing  vikram  as  he  is  off  to  Delhi  on  a  tour.  Hope  Saad  would  be  coming  this  weekend.

Regards,,
 Naren
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Fishkeeping and Aquaristics All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: