163. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,745

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - white spot decease
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

white spot decease

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Diseases & Cures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sudheerj
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:45 am Post subject: white spot decease Reply with quote

Dear  All,
                            Winter  has  started  and  it  is  good  time  for  plants.  But  for  any  thing  good  there  is  a  bad  side.  Now  many  of  my  fishes  black  neons,  sward  tail,  and  even  denisoni  started  developing  white  spot  on  them(  I  never  expected  that  ad  they  are  natives).  Tank  temperature  was  25oC  now  I  kept  heater  set  with  temp  28oC.

Other  details  are  
 Tank  size  36x18x18  inch  
 plants  crypts,  Java  ferns,  Java  moss,  Spily  moss,  Anubias
 Fish-  Coy  angels,  sword  tails,  Denisoni,  black  neons,  Mountain  minnows  
 Water  change  25  %  water  change  every  sunday
 50  %  water  change  in  a  month.
 I  used  to  dose  PMDD  10  ml  on  every  sunday  which  I  discontinued  from  last  week  as  I  saw  signs  of  BBA  coming  back  again.

Please  advice  if  any  one  has  used  any  effective  medicine.  in  LFS  lots  of  stuff  are  there  in  different  names  like  ich  guard  etc.  I  have  tried  one  greenish  stuff  last  time  which  did  not  gave  any  positive  results.  It  will  be  of  great  help  if  any  experienced  persons  share  their  experience  and  suggest  which  is  the  best  medicine  available  in  market.
 with  best  regards,
 Sudheer
lovecutefish
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:16 am Post subject: Re: white spot decease Reply with quote

Hi.

As  far  as  I  know...white  spots(ich)  has  nothing  to  do  with  temperature  
 I  would  suggest  (experts  corret  me  if  I  m  wrong)

1.)  Seperate  ich  affected  in  a  hospital  tank  with  only  aeration
 2.)  Add  anti-ich  liquid(as  per  dosage  told  by  the  LFS  guy)  which  is  normally  blue  coloured  
 3.)  Set  the  tank  temperate  warm  about  27*+
 4.)  Do  a  water  change  daily  and  again  dose  the  liquid
 5.)  Do  this  for  a  week

Best  of  luck!   Thumb Up
bhim
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:28 am Post subject: Re: white spot disease Reply with quote

in  the  winter  time  usually  my  gold  fishs  were  effected  by  this,  at  that  time  i  used  to  raise  my  tank  temp  to  28  c  (usually  kept  at  25)  and  dose  Mr  White,  which  is  an  effective  medicine  for  white  spot  that  worked  for  me  (but  lastly  i  used  to  add  mr  white  during  water  change  and  my  fish  never  had  the  disease  again.  some  advised  that  dosing  mr  white  could  have  adverse  effects  on  plants  but  in  my  tank  plants  were  fine  (since  gold  fish  tank  i  kept  hard  varities  or  crypts  and  amajon  sword  etc)
sudheerj
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:16 am Post subject: Re: white spot decease Reply with quote

Thank  you  Suyash  &  Bhim,

@suyash  I  tried  this  earlier  but  of  not  much  use.  All  fish  died  even  after  that  treatment.   After  wards  LFS  gave  me  the  present  green  medicine,  I  think  it  is  phenolphthalein.  

@Bhim  Who  is  the  manufacturer  of  Mr.  white?  
 with  best  regards,
 Sudheer
Scorpio
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:37 am Post subject: Re: white spot decease Reply with quote

I  used  methylene  blue  to  cure  white  spot.
sudheerj
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:57 pm Post subject: Re: white spot decease Reply with quote

Thank  you  Scorpio,
                                          Hope  I  too  get  a  relief  for  my  fish  by  using  that.
 with  best  regards,
 Sudheer
sudheerj
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: white spot decease Reply with quote

Hi  every  one  ,
                            I  am  still  fighting  with  the  white  spots  of  my  fishes.  Most  affected  are  denisonis  who  even  started  rotting  their  tails.  I  got  a  new  empty  tank  today  as  treatment  room.  Keeping  temperature  as  28  degree  keeping  1ml/5litre.  While  searching  for  solutions  I  got  a  link  where  there  is  a  scientific  analysis  of  the  problem  is  present.  I  thought  it  may  be  useful  for  people  who  face  same  problem.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/ich.php
borneosucker
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

Location: Sabah, Malaysia.....I'm located in North of Borneo Island

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:28 am Post subject: Re: white spot decease Reply with quote

White  spot  are  easy  to  cure  Very Happy
 I  just  use  Dried  Indian  Almond  Leaves.  And  it  works  like  a  charm  Very Happy
 I  just  place  few  leaves  into  the  tank,  and  leave  it  till  the  water  changes  to  tea  colour,  and  leave  it  for  a  few  days.  Minor  white  spot  might  go  off  in  about  3-4  days.  While  major  white  spot  attack  might  take  longer.  

For  me  it  works,  and  best  of  all,  it's  free  and  natural,  and  I  bet  you  can  get  this  leaves  in  India  too  :D

Well,  if  you  want  to  read  more  about  my  experience  on  this,  here's  the  link...
 http://borneosucker.blogspot.com/search/label/Indian%20Almond%20Leaves

Cheers  Very Happy   Rock On
sudheerj
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:36 pm Post subject: Re: white spot decease Reply with quote

Thank  you  Borneosucker,
                                                             I  was  not  knowing  about  it  being  in  India!!.
 Your  blog  it  very  good.
 with  best  regards,
 Sudheer
borneosucker
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:27 pm Post subject: Re: white spot decease Reply with quote

My  pleasure  Very Happy
 Just  sharing  my  experience...well,  if  you  do  try  it,  don't  forget  to  let  us  know  how  it  is  :D

Cheers
discusrama
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:32 pm Post subject: Re: white spot decease Reply with quote

Try  dry  Almond  leaves  (badam  ke  ped  ke  patte)  as  suggested  by  borneosucker.  They  are  slow  acting  and  the  best.

There  is  another  treatment  that  is  used  to  do  when  keeping  discus.  
 I  used  to  add  5  drops  of  Clove  Oil  to  1  litre  of  water  (boiled  and  brought  to  luke  warm  state)  and  add  this  to  the  tank.
 Worked  wonders  with  the  discus.   This  was  done  once  a  month.  There  was  a  post  on  this  by  NAG  sometime  in  2005  and  i  followed  same.

Best  of  luck.

Regards,
 S  Rama
sudheerj
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: white spot decease Reply with quote

Thank  you  Rama,
                                                I  did  not  know  the  power  of  Almond  leave,  The  sad  part  is  that  2  of  my  Denisonies  died  and  I  think  more  are  in  the  way  to  heaven.   First  one  died  had  shown  white  spots  along  with  others.  I  raised  the  temp  to  30  degree  and  white  spots  disappeared  now.  But  one  which  died  first  had  fin  rot  and  it  died  today  morning.  Another  one  looked  healthy  but  died  today  evening  even  after  all  white  spot  going  from  its  body.  Among  the  remaining  2-3  shows  signs  of  fin  rot.  Hope  almond  treatment  helps  them.
 with  best  regards,
 Sudheer
dhanu
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:30 pm Post subject: Re: white spot decease Reply with quote

experts:  is  i  can  use  almond  leafs  as  preventive  for  my  fish?  how  many?
                     is  i  have  to  keep  leafs  continuously  for  whole  winter  up  to  march.
                     is  i  have  to  change  them,  at  what  intervals?  
                     i  am  not  using  any  heater  right  now  in  my  200  lit/3ft  bare  bottom.

sorry  to  hear  mr  sudheer,  as  i  personally  seen  the  beauty  of  your  fish.
                     i  also  didnt  expected  that  our  natives  will  get  diseased.
borneosucker
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:46 am Post subject: Re: white spot decease Reply with quote

dhanu  wrote  (View  Post):                
experts:  is  i  can  use  almond  leafs  as  preventive  for  my  fish?  how  many?
                     i  am  not  using  any  heater  right  now  in  my  200  lit/3ft  bare  bottom.

sorry  to  hear  mr  sudheer,  as  i  personally  seen  the  beauty  of  your  fish.
                     i  also  didnt  expected  that  our  natives  will  get  diseased.                

is  i  can  use  almond  leafs  as  preventive  for  my  fish?  how  many?
 If  you  plan  to  use  to  prevent  your  fish  from  white  spot,  then  you  have  to  bear  with  the  tea  colour  of  your  aquarium  water.  The  more  you  put,  the  faster  and  darker  it  will  get,  the  lesser  you  put,  it's  just  the  opposite.  To  me,  as  long  as  the  water  change  to  light  tea  colour,  that  is  fine.  For  a  standard  2ft  tank,  I  will  just  put  in  2  -  3  leaves.  It's  a  matter  of  preference,  you  want  darker,  put  more  Very Happy......

If  your  purpose  is  for  aesthetic  value,  you  can  just  leave  it.  If  it's  for  disease  prevention,  then  remove  the  old  ones  and  replace  with  new  ones.  

If  you  do  regular  water  change,  chances  are  the  tannins  in  your  tank  will  be  diluted  and  the  water  will  become  lighter  in  colour.  You  want  darker,  add  more  leaves.  Just  remove  the  old  ones  that's  all.  There's  no  set  intervals,  it  all  depends  on  your  preference  to  the  water  colour.  But  if  you  insist  on  doing  it  in  regular  intervals  then  my  suggestion  is  change  the  leaves  every  2  weeks.

Well  I  just  briefly  answer  your  question.  I'm  not  sure  how  much  you  know  about  the  leaf,  I  suggest  that  you  do  some  research  and  reading  about  it.  

Just  to  share,  if  you  are  not  aware  of  this,  using  this  leaf  is  one  way  you  can  create  the  black  water  environment  in  artificial  condition.  Famous  fishes  from  black  water  environment  are  Discus,  bettas,  some  tetras,  some  rasboras  and  barbs.  So  bear  in  mind  that  if  you  plan  to  use  the  leaves  for  long  term,  do  make  sure  your  fish  is  comfortable  living  in  black  water  Very Happy
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Diseases & Cures All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: