74. Guest
75. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 796
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 796

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,834

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activities
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activities
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Site Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drug
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:56 pm Post subject: Re: MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activi Reply with quote

Ban  may  be?
 Delete  the  content  and  lock  the  post  definitely.
rocky2
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:30 am Post subject: Re: MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activi Reply with quote

no  banning  for  me  but  yes  education  is  necessaty  and  post  can  also  be  deleted  Smile
abhijitk
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:29 am Post subject: Re: MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activi Reply with quote

I'm  looking  at  it  purely  from  a  legal  perspective;  I've  mentioned  'education'  as  an  option  early  on.  However,  its  like  an  individual  commiting  a  crime  and  admitting  it  in  public,  even  posting  documentary  evidence  about  it.  How  would  the  law  look  at  that?  it's  a  direct  prima  facie  case  in  that  situation;  you  think  the  police/law  enforcement  would  bother  with  the  'education'?

Again,  I  must  point  out  that  ignorance  of  the  law  is  not  an  admissible  defense  in  the  court  of  law.  While  I  understand  quite  clearly  your  intent  behind  education,  education  after  a  person  has  broken  the  law  seems  a  bit  retrospective  :)

I'm  of  the  opinion  that  we  should  have  clear  terms  of  use  for  the  forum,  and  one  of  the  points  mentioned  must  be  something  along  the  lines  of  'read  this  first';  it  should  mention  clearly  that  individuals  posting  information  about  illegal  activities  will  be  banned.  

Sandeep  Raghuvanshi  has  already  posted  very  clearly  about  the  schedules  of  the  Indian  wildlife  act  1972  that  clearly  apply  to  the  aquaristic  ┬átrade  and  hobby.  This  should  be  made  a  mandatory  read,  and  should  provide  the  education  that  users  do  require.  If  they  dont  read  it,  and  yet  post,  I  still  think  the  user  should  be  banned.

They  are  free  to  question  us  on  the  legality/illegality  of  activities  before  they  undertake  them.  If  they  choose  to  undertake  such  activiites  without  asking  the  right  questions,  too  bad  for  them.  And  they  deserve  to  be  banned.

Sounds  harsh,  but  the  law  is  blind.

Last edited by abhijitk on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Shankar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:35 am Post subject: Re: MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activi Reply with quote

Banning  is  not  a  solution,  unless  the  poster  shows  his  deaf  ears  to  the  forum  rules.  Sounds  very  harsh  though..
Scorpio
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:35 am Post subject: Re: MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activi Reply with quote

drug  wrote  (View  Post):                
Ban  may  be?
 Delete  the  content  and  lock  the  post  definitely.

Agree  to  drug.
abhijitk
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:45 am Post subject: Re: MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activi Reply with quote

Shankar:  "deaf  ears  to  the  forum  rules"  -  that  is  sheer  ignorance  of  law,  and  the  terms  of  use  of  this  forum;  it's  not  admissible,  is  it?  

People  boasting  about  their  'illegal'  exploits  is  quite  irksome  and  may  inspire  younger  folks  to  do  something  similar.  How  can  we  tolerate  that?  

It's  rare  that  individuals  go  and  commit  criminal  acts  when  they  specifically  know  about  the  law.  Sadly,  morality  and  ethics  as  applied  to  the  society  at  large  dont  apply  to  the  hobby.  The  law  is  there  for  a  reason,  and  breaking  it  is  a  crime.  That  is  very  simple...  I  can't  get  kill  or  maim  someone  and  get  away  with  it  by  saying  "but  i  didnt  know  about  the  law"  

Its  a  far-shot  analogy,  but  we  must  treat  animals  like  we  treat  humans,  they  are  alive,  just  as  we  are  :)

Drug:  "deleting  the  content"  -  in  a  court  of  law,  that  would  be  held  as  tampering  with  evidence  and  IAH  would  be  liable  for  judicial  action.

Try  to  understand  guys,  I'm  not  being  negative;  its  time  we  made  a  stand.  How  long  will  we  tolerate  illegal  activities  in  our  homeland,  by  our  peers.  I  for  one  am  willing  to  make  that  stand.  We  can't  possibly  turn  a  blind  eye  to  it.  It  is  happened  in  our  nation  too  long,  and  look  at  the  state  we  are  in.
Shankar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:03 am Post subject: Re: MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activi Reply with quote

abhijitk  wrote  (View  Post):                
Shankar:  "deaf  ears  to  the  forum  rules"  -  that  is  sheer  ignorance  of  law,  and  the  terms  of  use  of  this  forum;  it's  not  admissible,  is  it?                  

I  guess  you  overlooked  my  statement.

In  short,  what  i  meant  is  banning  comes  to  picture,  only  if  the  poster  doesnt  bother  for  the  requests  from  the  staff.  Else  there  is  always  the  'Jail'  option.  :  )
abhijitk
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:16 am Post subject: Re: MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activi Reply with quote

Shankar:  Yes,  I  misread  that...  or  rather  misinterpreted  it  Smile
rocky2
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:05 am Post subject: Re: MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activi Reply with quote

I  said  education  because  here  most  of  the  times   peopele  even  dont  know  that  certain  items  are  banned  people  just  go  to  lfs  they  see  that  creature  and  by  it  with  out  enquiring  abt  it  .thats  were  education  comes  into  play  u  are  jumping  to  law  directly  like  a  8  year  boy  accidently  knifed  some  1  and  u  say  he  tried  to  jill  jail  him  .most  of  the  times  people  wen  by  things  they  even  dont  kno  what  they  r  doing  .for  ex  1  fr  got  a  turtle  did  nt  knew  it  was  banned  told  him  abt  it  and  he  returned  it  
 I  think  i  m  able  to  clear  what  i  want  to  say.   Smile
akshayrox123
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:08 am Post subject: Re: MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activi Reply with quote

Mods,  Please  Delet  my  topic,  Delet  my  Account...
 I  dont  wana  be  part  of  forum  N  nor  Wana  b  part  of  this  website...
 i  have  given  no  respect  here...
 Mr.Abhijeet  is  continuously  Abusing  n  Hungry  to  give  me  in  hands  of  law...
 Even  whn  i  said  that  the  thing  happn  16  yrs  ago...  
 If  i  was  wrong,  the  government  officials  would  have  arrested  my  dad  then  N  there...
 When  he  took  that  thing  to  him...
 I  said  whn  he  found  that  the  thing  was  illegal  he  immediately  handed  over  to  officer...
 Thats  it...
 They  appreciate  the  the  work  my  dad  did...
 There  is  no  respect  for  individual  here..
   M  hurt  a  lot...  Dont  wana  get  in  hands  of  law...  I  am  clean...
 Delet  my  account..  This  is  my  last  post...
   Sad   Sad   Sad   Sad   Sad   Sad   Sad   Sad   Sad   Sad
abhijitk
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:24 am Post subject: Re: MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activi Reply with quote

Some  of  you  don't  get  my  point,  do  you?  

Rocky:  "peopele  even  dont  know  that  certain  items  are  banned  people  just  go  to  lfs  they  see  that  creature  and  by  it  with  out  enquiring  abt  it  "  that's  just  the  whole  point;  when  and  where  does  this  stop?  how  hard  is  it  to  question  whether  an  item/livestock  is  legal/illegal?  a  simple  post  to  IAH  can  have  that  quickly  answered.  

In  India,  we  make  a  hundred  inquiries  when  we  buy  a  refrigerator,  tv  or  car;  why  cant  that  be  extended  to  livestock?  I  find  that  strange.

The  other  point  you  make  about  an  8  year  old  knifing  someone;  the  law  will  not  take  into  account  the  age  of  the  individual,  there  will  still  be  a  trial  and  a  conviction;  except  that  instead  of  being  jailed,  the  8  yo  will  be  sent  to  a  remand  home.

Another  aspect  to  think  about  is  -  what  about  the  victim  and  his/her  rights?  should  those  be  trampled  upon  because  of  ignorance  or  the  perpetrator's  young  age.

Akshayrox:  again  I  must  point  out  that  your  post  suggested  that  you  'continued  to'  keep  the  turtle;  I  have  saved  the  files/pics  and  can  post  those  to  prove  my  point  if  needed.  

Also,  the  greater  issue  in  this  thread  is  being  ignored.  I  dont  even  know  you;  so  it's  not  personal  at  all.  If  you  do  not  wish  to  participate  on  IAH  because  you  cant  stand  up  and  face  the  music  with  regards  to  your  post;  that's  your  choice.
rajuhb
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:44 am Post subject: Re: MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activi Reply with quote

I  think  people  should  be  educated  more  about  the  banned  species  and  tell  the  legal  issues  involve  keeping  the  fish  that  will  do  fine  ,  Banning  is  to  harsh  ,If  they  have  rectified  there  mistake  they  should  acknowledge  for  that
Sidrock
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:06 pm Post subject: Re: MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activi Reply with quote

akshayrox123  wrote  (View  Post):                
Mods,  Please  Delet  my  topic,  Delet  my  Account...
 I  dont  wana  be  part  of  forum  N  nor  Wana  b  part  of  this  website...
 i  have  given  no  respect  here...
 Mr.Abhijeet  is  continuously  Abusing  n  Hungry  to  give  me  in  hands  of  law...
 Even  whn  i  said  that  the  thing  happn  16  yrs  ago...  
 If  i  was  wrong,  the  government  officials  would  have  arrested  my  dad  then  N  there...
 When  he  took  that  thing  to  him...
 I  said  whn  he  found  that  the  thing  was  illegal  he  immediately  handed  over  to  officer...
 Thats  it...
 They  appreciate  the  the  work  my  dad  did...
 There  is  no  respect  for  individual  here..
   M  hurt  a  lot...  Dont  wana  get  in  hands  of  law...  I  am  clean...
 Delet  my  account..  This  is  my  last  post...

Akshay,

Shankar  (and  all  people  with  Username  in  green  font)  is  a  Moderator.  he  has  also  expressed  opinion  that  you  will  not  be  banned.  

I  too  had  bought  coral  stones  (sold  openly  in  stores)  for  my  Aquarium.  I  found  out  these  are  illegal  when  someone  on  IAH  (I  think  Weylin)  pointed  it  out.  Now,  I  know  the  laws  and  I  would  not  buy  more  Coral  stones.  

This  is  how  the  forum  is  supposed  to  work:  to  give  people  like  me  and  you  information  we  don't  have  earlier!

Please  don't  be  so  sensitive  about  comments  from  random  people  on  the  Internet!  Cheer Up  

Good  luck  with  your  RES,

Sid

PS:  Also,  I  can't  believe  Taraporewala  Aquarium  is  taking  the  "maintenance"  money  from  you  (or  your  family)!  Are  you  serious?  That's  just  not  correct!
abhijitk
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:18 pm Post subject: Re: MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activi Reply with quote

Sidrock:  "This  is  how  the  forum  is  supposed  to  work:  to  give  people  like  me  and  you  information  we  don't  have  earlier!"  this  makes  perfect  sense...  

only  I'm  saying  why  not  ask  if  they/it  is  legal  before  you  make  the  purchase?  Is  that  too  hard  to  do?

Wouldnt  it  better  to  ask  before  one  breaks  the  law,  than  after?
rocky2
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:19 pm Post subject: Re: MODERATORS: Ban Individuals posting about illegal activi Reply with quote

Abhijitk  wen  u  started  this  hobby  did  u  knew  abt  IAH  or  nay  other  forum  if  yes  i  must  say  were  much  advanced'  because  i  was  not  neither  r  most  peopele  its  as  simple  as  that  rest  is  your   wish  your  ideas  and  thoughts  u  r  free  to  think  and  act  as  an  individual.
 All  the  best  with  your  cases  and  laws  i  wil  still  stick  to   education  and  then  anything  else     Smile
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Site Chatter All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: