127. Guest
128. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,937

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rocky2
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:42 pm Post subject: Re: Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends Reply with quote

Good  quotes
lycodon
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:23 am Post subject: Re: Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends Reply with quote

non  hobbyist  friends  are  sometimes  funny,  mostly  irritating  or   plain  dumb!

I  have  seen  mostly  no  one  can  keep  their  hands  off  the  magnetic  algae  cleaner,  they  use  it  so  hard  that  the  cleaner  inside  the  tank  float  away  towards  the  overflow!   Thumb Down  

There  are  endless  thing  i  have  heard  in  my  7yrs  of  reef  keeping,  below  are  some  that  came  to  mind!  

funny  Quotes....

Looking  at  my  corals  in  the  reef  tank  "All  these  colorful  things  look  so  real"   Surprised      i  said,  yeah...these  Chinese  guys  make  great  things!

Looking  at  my  reef  tank  "beautiful  marine  tank,  is  this  a  salt  water  tank?"   Shocked  no,it  just  water  from  the  bore  well!

Looking  at  an  anemone's  moving  tentacles  with  the  power-head  flow  "oh  this  thing  is  alive,  amazing  yaar!!!"     Sad   ,ya,  it  comes  out  at  nite!

Looking  at  my  reef  tank  "  can  i  keep  a  nemo  (clownfish),  will  they  fight  with  my  goldfish!"   Thumb Down   ya  sure,  plastic  one  don't  fight!

Looking  at  my  reef  tank  "why  have  you  kept  so  many  rocks?"  well,  i  need  stairs  for  my  hermits  to  climb  up  and  breath!

Looking  at  chiller  "hey,  why  have  put  such  a  big  filter?"   arre,  these  corals  sh*t  a  lot  yaar!

Looking  at  a  hermit  crab  "oh,  where  did  you  get  this  snail  with  feet?"  ..........i  got  it  at  the  mall  next  to  your  house,  earlier  they  also  had  some  with  hands!!!  

Looking  at  reef  tank  "how  do  you  remove  all  this  when  you  have  to  wash  your  tank  every  week?"  well,  i  just  take  the  tank  to  the  bathroom  and  pour  all  the  water  out!

Looking  at  skimmer  "this  thing  looks  like  a  big  bong  or  hookah!".....wanna  smoke  it?

Looking  at  reef  tank  lighting  "  why  you  use  white  and  blue  tubes,  just  use  white  tubes,  to  make  it  look  blue...just  add  some  blue  liquid  (Methylene  Blue)!   Sad   Oh,  that  a  great  one,  i  should  have  consulted  you  before  i  bought  my  lights  yaar!

Looking  at  my  fire  shrimp  "have  you  tried  eating  this?"   .....hmmm,  no....i  don't  like  red  food!

Looking  at  my  huge  silver  arowana  "  this  guy  is  not  that  fleshy"  another  guy  "this  fish  should  be  around  3kg,  let  it  grow  more!!!   Crying or Very sad  

Looking  at  my  huge  tank  with  large  arowana  and  big  gar  "you  should  add  a  group  of  angels,  it  will  fill  your  tank!"...ya  rite,  pls  sponsor  some,  they  love  angels!   Very Happy
ram_v
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:07 am Post subject: Re: Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends Reply with quote

Here  are  some  of  the  best  from  my  friends.

1.  Can  a  Betta  fight  a  gold  fish  ?  if  not  why  are  they  called  a  fighters  ?  Wall Bang  
 2.  Are  these  fish  painted  after  they  are  grown  ?
 3.  WOW  Tiger  shrimps  !!  I  had  them  once  at  barbeque  nation,  they  where  very  tasty  but  these  one  you  have  are  too  small  to  cook.
 4.  You  have  some  many  variety  of  plants  in  you  tank  but  non  of  them  are  flowering.
 5.  Are  you  in  to  fish  research  ?  this  room  looks  like  a  laboratory.  

My  friends  have  named  me  fisher-man,  they  even  gifted  me  a  artificial  aquarium  with  flashy  lights  and  plastic  fish  inside  it  as  a  wedding  gift.

Regards,
 Ram.
aquadowntoearth
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:00 am Post subject: Re: Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends Reply with quote

Fish  doctor,  Fisherman,  Fish  uncle  are  the  different  titles  bestowed  upon  me  at  one  point  in  time  or  the  other.

I  have  kept  an  old  helmet  near  the  fishtank.  Anyone  who  has  a  slight  propensity  to  tap  the  glass  is  told  that  it  is  like  making  him/her  wear  the  helmet  and  pounded  on  it  with  a  hammer.  The  possibility  of  the  annoying  behaviour  dramatically  reduces.

Apparently,  I  bubble  oxygen  through  the  tank  to  keep  the  fish  alive.  (I  didn't  know  I  did  that!)

"Guppies  are  young  goldfish  that  will  grow  up  to  become  large,  round  and  orange."  Super!

"Where  are  the  fighter  fish?"  They  have  gone  out  for  a  morning  walk.

"I  washed  my  aquarium  properly  and  then  all  the  fish  died"  aah,  is  that  so?

"Can  I  put  plants  from  my  pots  in  my  aquarium?"  You  can  do  anything  you  want.  Every  choice  has  a  consequence.

Rgds,
 NS
 www.nagasiddharth.com
 vphr.blogspot.com
bmvbab
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:26 am Post subject: Re: Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends Reply with quote

saadali  wrote  (View  Post):                
i  once  saw  a  fellow  a  rich  looking  fellow  looking  at  all  the  fish  tanks  in  an  LFS,  later  he  fixes  his  gaze  on  an  arowana,  asks  the  shopkeepr  for  the  price,  and  before  the  shopkeeper  finishes  quoting  the  price...  this  fellow  pounces  back  on  him  saying  that  he  can  feed  his  family  FISH  for  the  whole  day  at  that  price  !!                

Wait  till  he  hears  the  price  of  show  Koi  and  other  color  variants  of  Aros  Very Happy
Sanket
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:02 pm Post subject: Re: Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends Reply with quote

1.How  come  your  tanks  are  crystal  clear  do  u  wash  em  evry  day?
 2.They  think  HIKARI  it  is  duplicate  and  HITACHI  is  original  and  suggest  me  to  feed  hitachi  as  it  is  cheap.
 3.Why  have  u  kept  two  tanks(malawi/SA  cichlids)put  all  of  em  together.
 4.Power  Filters  often  misunderstood  as  oxygen  units.
bmvbab
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:50 pm Post subject: Re: Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends Reply with quote

@lycodon:  Looking  at  my  corals  in  the  reef  tank  "All  these  colorful  things  look  so  real"   Surprised      i  said,  yeah...these  Chinese  guys  make  great  things!  
 blue...just  add  some  blue  liquid  (Methylene  Blue)!   Sad   Oh,  that  a  great  one,  i  should  have  consulted  you  before  i  bought  my  lights  yaar!  

@Aquadowntoearth:  "Guppies  are  young  goldfish  that  will  grow  up  to  become  large,  round  and  orange."  Super!

Unbeatable  gems   ROFL   ROFL   ROFL
Kuna
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:00 pm Post subject: Re: Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends Reply with quote

aquadowntoearth  wrote  (View  Post):                

"Guppies  are  young  goldfish  that  will  grow  up  to  become  large,  round  and  orange."  Super!

"Where  are  the  fighter  fish?"  They  have  gone  out  for  a  morning  walk.

"I  washed  my  aquarium  properly  and  then  all  the  fish  died"  aah,  is  that  so?

"Can  I  put  plants  from  my  pots  in  my  aquarium?"  You  can  do  anything  you  want.  Every  choice  has  a  consequence.

Rgds,
 NS
 www.nagasiddharth.com
 vphr.blogspot.com                

ROFL   ROFL     ROFL  

Nice  thread  you  have  started  Vignesh   Thumb Up
Nick993
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:45 pm Post subject: Re: Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends Reply with quote

I  think  that  fish  has  brain  tumor  (FH)
Deathstar
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:11 pm Post subject: Re: Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends Reply with quote

My  relatives  sometimes  come  to  my  home  and  keep  staring  at  my  tank  and  suddenly  the  comments  starts!!!
 1.seeing  my  planted  tank  Hey  pavan!your  plastic  plants  looks  like  real  plants!where  did  u  get  that  from?
 2.and  one  of  my  friend  said  your  discus  are  very  expensive  its  just  2"  u  hav  paid  8xx
 for  a  pair  and  i  have  brought  a  new  pair  of  gold  fish  for  just  1xx  for  a  pair  of  size  5"!!!.
 There  are  lots  of  people  like  this.be  aware!!!
ashwin1224
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:17 pm Post subject: Re: Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends Reply with quote

I  had  a  fight  with  my  GF  because  she  was  taping  my  5ftr,  to  make  my  pleco  move.  We  didnt  talk  for  two  days  Sad
macster2222
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:21 am Post subject: Re: Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends Reply with quote

i  always  am  irritated  when  peple  say  you  could  have  bought  a  pulsar180  instead  of  all  these  fishes
aquariumer
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:04 am Post subject: Re: Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends Reply with quote

oh!  so  this  thread  is  ON.
 this  thread  made  me  laugh  most  keep  up  the  stories
bmvbab
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:27 am Post subject: Re: Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends Reply with quote

Those  were  some  good  ones  Smile  Any  more?
viv88
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:14 am Post subject: Re: Whats the most annoying thing about non hobbyist friends Reply with quote

Wow  nice  post...  ROFL  
 Here  are  some  of  my  encounters.....
 1  One  of  my  friend,  seeing  the  cardinal  tetras  in  my  tank  asked  me  to  turn  off  the  lights  and  asked  me  "don't  they  glow  in  the  dark?"  Jester  
 2  Are  these  plants  real?Wall Bang  
 3  Why  so  small  fishes?How  big  do  they  grow?
 4  Why  dont  you  add  some  gold  fishes  to  the  tank  {planted},They  would  look  beautiful!
 5  Can  you  make  one  planted  tank  for  me?seeing  a  planted  tank  for  the  first  time   Bounce
 6  Why  have  you  kept  those  pond  snails(nerit)  in  the  tank?,,,,c'mon  those  are  not  pond  snails!atleast  not  from  near  by!  Drinking
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Chit Chat All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: