42. Guest
43. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,846

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Triangular Tank - Finally !! Updated 10th June 2011 Pics
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Triangular Tank - Finally !! Updated 10th June 2011 Pics
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Other Equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ansh681
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:23 pm Post subject: Re: Triangular Tank - Finally !! Reply with quote

Thanks  Maulik   for  your  reply  !

I  know  and  completely  agree  with  you  that  I  won't  get  plants  from  LFS  in  Chandigarh....  

But  question  still  stands  ,  Should  I  use  the  substrate  for  the  planted  tank  because  I  will  be  planting  plants  after  a  while....  Or  should  I  keep  just  use  simple  substrate  which  is  not  rich  for  plants  .....  

Regards
 Ansh
mmb19000
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:58 pm Post subject: Re: Triangular Tank - Finally !! Reply with quote

Ansh681  wrote  (View  Post):                
Thanks  Maulik  ¬†for  your  reply  !

I  know  and  completely  agree  with  you  that  I  won't  get  plants  from  LFS  in  Chandigarh....  

But  question  still  stands  ,  Should  I  use  the  substrate  for  the  planted  tank  because  I  will  be  planting  plants  after  a  while....  Or  should  I  keep  just  use  simple  substrate  which  is  not  rich  for  plants  .....  

Regards
 Ansh                

if  u  r  not  planning  for  planted  yet,  use  simple  substrate  only.
Ansh681
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:38 pm Post subject: Re: Triangular Tank - Finally !! Reply with quote

Thanks  Maulik....  I'm  waiting  for  fellow  members  reply  for  the  same  issue.....
 If  they  say  so....  I  will  get  a  simple  substrate......

Will  soil  from  the  park  and  river  sand  do  as  a  simple  substrate  ????

Regards
 Ansh
parthapratim22
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:41 pm Post subject: Re: Triangular Tank - Finally !! Reply with quote

you  might  have  searched  in  the  net  for  scaping  idea  for  your  tank,  

Please  go  through  the  following  link  its  fab  man..

http://www.aquascapingworld.com/forum/aspiring-aquascapers/4471-ians-lounge-tank.html
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:55 pm Post subject: Re: Triangular Tank - Finally !! Reply with quote

Wow......excelent  link  parthapratim
parthapratim22
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:00 pm Post subject: Re: Triangular Tank - Finally !! Reply with quote

Yes  Abhis  da  I  was  just  searching  for  idea  of  scaping  in  this  kind  of  tank  and  got  this  fab  one...
Ansh681
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:22 pm Post subject: Re: Triangular Tank - Finally !! Reply with quote

@Partha  :   Bow  

Regards
 Ansh
Ansh681
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:42 pm Post subject: Re: Triangular Tank - Finally !! Reply with quote

Returned  completely  disappointed   Sad   from  the  local  nurseires  in  my  city  as  I  was  looking  for  soilrite  and  laterite.  They  have  not  even  heard  about  these  things   Wall Bang  .  Then  went  to  a  local  subzi  mandi  and  one  of  the  shop  owners,  who  owns  a  shop  for  fertilizers,  chemicals,  etc.  used  in  fields  ,  gave  me  the  option  for  vermicompost.  He  said  that  this  will  be  a  better  option  as  this  thing  will  not  effect  your  fish  also.  Its  black  color  ,  minute  granuales  almost  like  soil.  

So  tell  me  guys  can  I  use  vermicompost  as  a  substrate.....
 I've  read  a  lot  of  forums  online  ,  and  one  on  IAH  too....  but  its  confusing   Confused   as  one  member  is  totally  in  favour  of  it  and  the  other  one  against  it.......     

Vermicompost  mixed  with  potting  soil  and  topped  with  river  sand  ????  Will  it  go  as  per  planned....

Regards
 Ansh
parthapratim22
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:52 pm Post subject: Re: Triangular Tank - Finally !! Reply with quote

Yes  hobyst  are  using  vermicompost  but  the  mixing  is  little  confusing  for  me  too.  For  safety  try  it  at  the  bottow  most  layer.  For  my  15g  tank  i  used  only  2tsp.  In  north  India  laterite  is  not  that  much  available,  but  try  to  give  order  for  soilrite,  plant  seller  can  bring  for  you.  Dont  want  to  confuse  but  stil  humus  and  cocopeat  also  people.
Ansh681
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:46 am Post subject: Re: Triangular Tank - Finally !! Reply with quote

Thanks  Partha  !

I'm  planning  to  put  a  1/2  inch  layer  of  vermicompost  ,  topped  with  1-1.5  inch  layer  of  potting  soil.  topped  with  1-1.5  inch  of  river  soil,  I  hope  this  will  work  ???

Regards
 Ansh
AsifAhmad
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:06 pm Post subject: Re: Triangular Tank - Finally !! Reply with quote

Hi  Ansh,

I  am  too  located  in  CHD,  I  will  PM  you  my  mail  id,  Please  drop  me  a  mail  and  we  can  share  information  which  will  be  mutually  beneficial.
Ansh681
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:14 am Post subject: Re: Triangular Tank - Finally !! Reply with quote

Waiting.......

I'm  planning  to  put  a  1/2  inch  layer  of  vermicompost  ,  topped  with  1-1.5  inch  layer  of  potting  soil.  topped  with  1-1.5  inch  of  river  soil,  I  hope  this  will  work  ???   Unsure  

Regards
 Ansh
Ansh681
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:26 pm Post subject: Re: Triangular Tank - Finally !! Updated 10th June 2011 Pics Reply with quote

After  waiting  for  long  for  the  reply  from  fellow  members  for  the  substrate....  Today  I'm  updating  some  pf  the  pics  for  the  tank  which  is  finally  in  one  corner  of  my  living  room  as  planned.  Uploading  some  of  the  pics......

Substrate  -  Vermicompost,  topped  up  with  potting  soil......

Need  suggestions  for  the  setting  up  the  big  stones.....

I  don;t  have  any  plans  to  put  in  any  fish  there  as  the  LFS  guy  said  that  its  very  hot  in  the  neons  will  die  during  the  4  day  transportation  period...  

Regards
 Ansh
parthapratim22
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:33 pm Post subject: Re: Triangular Tank - Finally !! Updated 10th June 2011 Pics Reply with quote

Dont  want  to  jump  with  rock  arrangement  right  now!!!

Want  to  know  the  "ingredients"  in  your  potting  soil???  and  have  you  filled  with  water(not  in  the  pics  thats  why  asking)????
Ansh681
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:52 pm Post subject: Re: Triangular Tank - Finally !! Updated 10th June 2011 Pics Reply with quote

Potting  soil  is  just  the  soil  from  the  park  in  front  of  my  house.....  
 I  know  they  gardener  very  well  ,  he  does  not  add  any  chemicals  or  fertilizers  in  it....  
 This  soil  is  basically  from  the  area  where  all  the  trees  are  grown....  

you  are  right  no  water  yet.....  

Regards
 Ansh
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Other Equipment All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: