178. Guest
179. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,698

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antu
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:44 pm Post subject: Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India Reply with quote

Hi  Everyone..

So,  I  have  finally  decided  to  buy  an  iPhone  4  16GB  and...
 I  am  a  little  confused  about  whether  to  buy  it  from  US  or  to  go  for  the  Airtel/Aircel  provided  plans..  
 After  doing  a  little  bit  of  googling  and  stuff,  it  seemed  to  me  that  buying  from  US  is  a  better  deal  (for  the  Rs  5000  saving),  and  the  plan  from  Airtel  is  not  that  great  either  but..
 I  am  a  little  concerned  about  the  SIM  cutter  and  adapter  stuff.

If  you  have  a  first  hand  experience  on  this  topic,  please  enlighten  me  and  suggest  what  should  be  my  option.  
 I  need  to  take  the  decision  quickly  because  my  friend  is  coming  back  (from  US)next  week  and  I  need  to  confirm  ASAP  Smile
govindsj
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:54 pm Post subject: Re: Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India Reply with quote

Best  option  is  to  buy  the  iphone  from  US  and  crack  or  jailbreak  it  here.  I  have  experience  doing  the  same  for  iphone  3gs.

Govindsj.
Zakk
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:22 pm Post subject: Re: Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India Reply with quote

dont  mess  with  jail  breaking  the  new  iPhone  OS's.  they  have  a  dirty  habit  of  bricking  on  you.  if  you  are  buying  it  from  the  US  make  sure  its  a  preunlocked  world  phone.  there  are  2  types  of  phones  that  are  available  in  the  US:  Unlocked  and  World  Unlocked.  be  careful  when  you  buy  it.
Rohitskapoor
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:51 pm Post subject: Re: Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India Reply with quote

@  Zakk  -  but  your  World  unlocked  is  always  costlier  then  US  unlock  ...no??  will  turn  out  to  be  nearly  the  same  if  you  buy  from  India...
Zakk
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:12 pm Post subject: Re: Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India Reply with quote

yea  rohit  your  right.  if  your  looking  at  the  costing  overall  it  best  to  buy  it  in  India  cos  not  all  handsets  are  covered  by  worldwide  warranty  and  if  something  happens  to  the  handset  Apple  India  will  not  support  it.
pavanslash
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:31 pm Post subject: Re: Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India Reply with quote

I  have  one  month  old  I  Phone  4  32GB  factory  unlock...  it  will  work  acorss  the  world  any  where.

intrested  PM  for  price...  mint  condition  with  UK  special  rubber  cover  of  Rs.  1600

Accssories  not  yet  used  because  i  have  old  3G  i  phone  i  m  using  thhose  accssories  

Pavan
antu
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:19 pm Post subject: Re: Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India Reply with quote

Zakk  wrote  (View  Post):                
yea  rohit  your  right.  if  your  looking  at  the  costing  overall  it  best  to  buy  it  in  India  cos  not  all  handsets  are  covered  by  worldwide  warranty  and  if  something  happens  to  the  handset  Apple  India  will  not  support  it.                

Rohit,  Zakk,
 Can  you  please  exlain  what  the  difference  is  between  unocked  and  world  unlocked.  Apple  site  talks  only  about  the  unlocked  iPhone  4.  To  me  it  looked  like  one  that  can  be  used  anywhere  in  the  world  with  micro  SIM.  

Thanks  everyone  for  your  comments.
 I  am  not  talking  about  jailbreaking  because  I  am  not  buying  one  with  AT&T  or  Verizon  contract.
jack86
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:35 pm Post subject: Re: Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India Reply with quote

Most  likely  the  iphone  4  that  you  will  purchase  in  US  or  India  will  come  with  a  recent  base  band  -  which  hackers  take  about  6-9  months  to  break.
 A  friend  bought  3GS  from  US  and  had  to  wait  for  8  months  until  a  jailbreak  came  for  his  iOS  baseband  version.

iPhones  do  not  carry  world  wide  warranty.  -  Major  point  to  note  if  you  are  going  in  for  a  brand  new  phone.
 Some  carriers  -  mostly  in  Europe,  not  sure  about  US  -  offer  schemes  as  per  which  they  themselves  will  officially  unlock  your  iphone  for  world  wide  usage.  

BTW  iPhone  5  is  expected  by  Sept-Oct.  On  its  release  iphone4  prices  will  likely  drop,  like  it  did  for  3G,  when  3GS  was  inroduced.
Zakk
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:50 pm Post subject: Re: Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India Reply with quote

basically  in  the  US  you  have  2  types  of  phones  when  it  comes  to  Unlocked  handsets

1:  a  US  Only  Unlocked  Phone:  this  will  work  with  any  carrier  with  in  the  Continental  US
 2:  a  World  Wide  Unlocked  Phone:  this  will  work  with  any  carrier  on  GSM  across  the  world.

What  we  get  in  india  as  an  Unlocked  Phone  is  a  WorldWide  phone.  Also,  are  you  carrying  this  phone  on  your  self  and  bringing  it  in  or  do  you  plan  to  buy  it  via  the  web?  if  its  the  latter  expect  Customs  to  jump  your  pants  if  they  decide  to  inspect  the  parcel.
ASSASSIN
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:50 pm Post subject: Re: Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India Reply with quote

there  are  warranty  issues  for  the  iPhones  ...  I  got  my  IP4  from  Dubai  n  Im  not  able  to  claim  warranty  for  my  stuck  sleep  button  in  india  ..!!!

buy  the  AIRTEL/aircel  ..you  are  good  to  go  with  warranty  ...  else  you  hav  to  spend  a  minimum  1000/-
antu
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:11 pm Post subject: Re: Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India Reply with quote

Zakk  wrote  (View  Post):                
basically  in  the  US  you  have  2  types  of  phones  when  it  comes  to  Unlocked  handsets

1:  a  US  Only  Unlocked  Phone:  this  will  work  with  any  carrier  with  in  the  Continental  US
 2:  a  World  Wide  Unlocked  Phone:  this  will  work  with  any  carrier  on  GSM  across  the  world.

What  we  get  in  india  as  an  Unlocked  Phone  is  a  WorldWide  phone.  Also,  are  you  carrying  this  phone  on  your  self  and  bringing  it  in  or  do  you  plan  to  buy  it  via  the  web?  if  its  the  latter  expect  Customs  to  jump  your  pants  if  they  decide  to  inspect  the  parcel.                

Interesting..  what  is  this  and  how  do  you  know  that  this  is  so?
 http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC603LL/A?mco=MjI4NTM2NTM
antu
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:16 pm Post subject: Re: Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India Reply with quote

ASSASSIN  wrote  (View  Post):                
there  are  warranty  issues  for  the  iPhones  ...  I  got  my  IP4  from  Dubai  n  Im  not  able  to  claim  warranty  for  my  stuck  sleep  button  in  india  ..!!!

buy  the  AIRTEL/aircel  ..you  are  good  to  go  with  warranty  ...  else  you  hav  to  spend  a  minimum  1000/-                

Where  did  you  buy  it  from?
 I  am  considering  to  buy  it  from  apple  online  stores..  I  will  read  the  warranty  terms  once  that  it  is  not  an  issue  with  the  unlocked  one..
antu
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:20 pm Post subject: Re: Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India Reply with quote

jack86  wrote  (View  Post):                

BTW  iPhone  5  is  expected  by  Sept-Oct.  On  its  release  iphone4  prices  will  likely  drop,  like  it  did  for  3G,  when  3GS  was  inroduced.                

Yeah..  this  is  a  point  I  am  factoring  in  as  well,  but  I  wanted  to  get  it  for  an  occassion  Smile
ASSASSIN
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:58 pm Post subject: Re: Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India Reply with quote

even  if  it  is  bought  from  apple  online  stores,  the  iphones  come  with  a  regional  lock.
 the  serial  number  of  the  iPhone  will  tell  you  all...  iPhone  bought  in  india  has  warranty  only  in  india  ...  And  iPhone  bought  in  the  USA  will  have  only  warranty  in  the  USA  alone....
 this  warranty  problem  is  only  with  the  iPhone,  of  the  various  apple  products..

if  you  still  have  doubts  go  to  a  apple  reseller  and  clarify  ...

if  you  wish  to  spend  extra  bucks  within  one  year  of  the  purchase  of  your  iPhone,  you  may  well  compromise  on  the  5  grands  you  quoted  and  buy  the  US  model..!!
Zakk
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:12 pm Post subject: Re: Buy iPhone 4 from US and use it in India Reply with quote

how  i  dont  know  you  just  gotta  ask.  i  worked  for  Mac  for  a  while  so  i  know  how  they  operate.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Chit Chat All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: