24. Guest
25. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,535

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Rolling Stone-Update 12-5-12
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Rolling Stone-Update 12-5-12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Aquascaping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parthapratim22
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:37 pm Post subject: Re: Rolling Stone Reply with quote

Last  night  did  some  changes  and  also  done  some  work  with  wood...some  more  wood  addition  you  can  see  in  my  next  update...big  woods  are  damn  costly  so  waiting  for  some  cheaper  deal...:D

Angle  view:

Front  View:

Last edited by parthapratim22 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
saikumar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:52 pm Post subject: Re: Rolling Stone Reply with quote

The  standing  stone  on  extreme  left  is  a  little  disturbance.  Rest  of  the  scale  is  too  good!!
 ...and  obviously  you  dont  need  big  wood  for  small  tanks.

BTW  if  you  use  anything  other  than  Glosso/HC  the  rocks  will  sink.
 Dont  forget  that  open  foreground  looks  nice  too-  if  you  can  manage  w/o  algae.

ATB!
parthapratim22
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:48 pm Post subject: Re: Rolling Stone Reply with quote

Nice  to  get  response  from  you  Sai.

Actually  regarding  the  left  most  rock  yes  it  is  kept  intentionally...

But  in  left  and  right  top  corners  are  too  vacant  even  I  grow  plants,  so  thought  of  two  or  three  branches  to  put  there...to  covet  that  portion...

No  HC  or  Glosso...I  know  I  will  struggle  a  lot  in  my  another  tank...so  will  keep  open  foreground  just  like  that...might  be  some  patches  of  Java  moss  here  n  there  climbing  towards  the  bigger  stones...and  anubias...hope  I  can  explain  what  I  am  thinking...for  background  Vals  n/HG...

Want  to  buy  a  timer  also  within  few  days  for  this  tank,  will  try  to  control  the  photo  period  for  4-5  hrs  maximum,  let  see  can  I  get  rid  of  my  best  aqua  friend  Algae...
angel_lover
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:35 pm Post subject: Re: Rolling Stone Reply with quote

Partha  i  like  this  version  better.  The  right  side  is  perfect.  The  left  could  do  with  some  tweaking,  still  its  not  bad.  I  guess  if  you  get  finer  sand  to  cover  the  unplanted  areas  will  make  it  look  great  and  the  smaller  stones  scattered  at  the  front  will  be  more  conspicuous.
Severumkid
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:18 pm Post subject: Re: Rolling Stone Reply with quote

You  have  very  good  sense  of  rock  arrangement  Parthapratim.  You  should  think  about  growing  plants  to  make  it  complete.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
parthapratim22
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:00 am Post subject: Re: Rolling Stone-Update-HG-25-11-11 Reply with quote

Yesterday  got  this  beautiful  plant  Long  Hair  Grass...divided  into  three  length  and  planted  in  triangular  shape--left  to  middle  and  right  to  middle.

Night  planted  and  a  quick  update,  as  always  has  issue  with  diatome...PIC  not  clear...

Another  shot:

Waiting  these  plants  to  settle  down...
 Comments  are  welcome  for  betterment....
angel_lover
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:25 am Post subject: Re: Rolling Stone-Update-HG-25-11-11 Reply with quote

Looking  good.  But  the  solitary  anubia  on  each  side  is  not  so  appealing.  Group  them  together  and  place  at  the  base  of  one  of  the  rock  pile.
saikumar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:10 pm Post subject: Re: Rolling Stone-Update-HG-25-11-11 Reply with quote

I  hope  anubias  are  temporory.

Some  tennelus  or  liliopsis  will  work  well  for  the  scale  Partha?
sam22sam
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:43 pm Post subject: Re: Rolling Stone-Update-HG-25-11-11 Reply with quote

Nice  Layout  Partha

Some  suggestions  -  the  rock  on  the  right  is  pointing  inwards  whereas  the  rock  on  the  left  is  flat,  if  there  is  a  way  that  you  can  make  them  point  at  each  other  it  might  be  good..

If  you  add  more  anubias  to  each  side  at  on  level  and  another  broader  leaf  plant  as  a  midgroudn  it  would  give  volume  to  the  layout.

Lastly  -  IF  you  are  planning  to  keep  the  foreground  clear  of  plants,  then  use  white  fine  sand,  that  will  bring  the  contrast  out  else  I  woudl  suggest  a  foreground  plant  like  HC  or  Dwarf  hairgrass  with  a  trail  made  of  white  sand  in  between.  White  sand  is  difficult  to  maintan  especially  if  you  get  an  algae  outbreak  in  the  tank  which  is  usually  the  case  initially.

Will  wait  and  watch  how  your  tank  progresses!!
parthapratim22
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:45 pm Post subject: Re: Rolling Stone-Update-HG-25-11-11 Reply with quote

Rahul@I  just  kept  anubis  to  get  it  proper  rooting  on  the  stones...will  place  extreme  right  and  left  in  different  height...
 Sai@  I  was  thinking  about  dwarf  HG  in  some  places..ok  then  lets  search  for  these  plans....Vyas  has  LB,  but  not  had  good  experience  with  LB...lets  search  for  ET...thanks  for  the  suggestion...
mudjawd
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:45 pm Post subject: Re: Rolling Stone-Update-HG-25-11-11 Reply with quote

the  tank  looks  really  neat  and  excellent.  as  Rahul  suggested  move  the  anubias  to  one  side.  and  i  guess  only  anuubias  nana  are  suited  for  this  tank.  other  varieties  will  grow  big  and  hide  the  rocks  (which  is  excellently  arranged).

can  you  not  put  some  CO2  in  this  tank  so  that  atleast  the  hairgrass  grows  fast  and  covers  the  areas  behind  the  rocks  fast  Smile.

regards,
 Muddassar
saikumar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:41 pm Post subject: Re: Rolling Stone-Update-HG-25-11-11 Reply with quote

parthapratim22  wrote  (View  Post):                
Rahul@I  just  kept  anubis  to  get  it  proper  rooting  on  the  stones...will  place  extreme  right  and  left  in  different  height...
 Sai@  I  was  thinking  about  dwarf  HG  in  some  places..ok  then  lets  search  for  these  plans....Vyas  has  LB,  but  not  had  good  experience  with  LB...lets  search  for  ET...thanks  for  the  suggestion...                

If  you  are  thinking  ET,  then  you  can  do  it  off  with  HM.  Because  ET  is  little  delicate,  more  over  when  you  trim  HM,  it  ll  crawls  as  beautifully.

I  will  stick  with  LB,  in  between  rocks  telescoping  out,  would  look  nice.  IMO  slower  and  taller  it  grows,  the  better  its  for  you  and  scape.
parthapratim22
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:02 pm Post subject: Re: Rolling Stone-Update-HG-25-11-11 Reply with quote

sam22sam  wrote  (View  Post):                
Nice  Layout  Partha

Some  suggestions  -  the  rock  on  the  right  is  pointing  inwards  whereas  the  rock  on  the  left  is  flat,  if  there  is  a  way  that  you  can  make  them  point  at  each  other  it  might  be  good..

If  you  add  more  anubias  to  each  side  at  on  level  and  another  broader  leaf  plant  as  a  midgroudn  it  would  give  volume  to  the  layout.

Lastly  -  IF  you  are  planning  to  keep  the  foreground  clear  of  plants,  then  use  white  fine  sand,  that  will  bring  the  contrast  out  else  I  woudl  suggest  a  foreground  plant  like  HC  or  Dwarf  hairgrass  with  a  trail  made  of  white  sand  in  between.  White  sand  is  difficult  to  maintan  especially  if  you  get  an  algae  outbreak  in  the  tank  which  is  usually  the  case  initially.

Will  wait  and  watch  how  your  tank  progresses!!                

Intentionally  kept   like  that  to  get  non-Iwagumi  look  Very Happy,  will  not  have  any  carpet  in  this  scape...its  a  low  maintenance  tank...will  have  some  patches  of  moss  and  Dwarf  HG...on  the  FG.  I  always  like  to  see  natural  sand  used  to  create  a  path...if  it  is  not  a  river,  or  fountain...so  will  keep  the  normal  sand...will  add  some  finer  normal  sand....earlier  added  finer  sand  but  the  tiger  loach  did  all  disturbance...it  was  looking  good  with  finer  sand...thanks  for  your  kind  words...

mudjawd  wrote  (View  Post):                
the  tank  looks  really  neat  and  excellent.  as  Rahul  suggested  move  the  anubias  to  one  side.  and  i  guess  only  anuubias  nana  are  suited  for  this  tank.  other  varieties  will  grow  big  and  hide  the  rocks  (which  is  excellently  arranged).

can  you  not  put  some  CO2  in  this  tank  so  that  atleast  the  hairgrass  grows  fast  and  covers  the  areas  behind  the  rocks  fast  Smile.

regards,
 Muddassar                

Regarding  CO2,  not  sure…but  let  see  if  possible  planning  to  buy  glut…also  will  place  anubias  after  some  placement  trials  then…waiting  for  proper  rooting….thanks  a  lot  you  liked  it...

saikumar  wrote  (View  Post):                

parthapratim22  wrote  (View  Post):                

If  you  are  thinking  ET,  then  you  can  do  it  off  with  HM.  Because  ET  is  little  delicate,  more  over  when  you  trim  HM,  it  ll  crawls  as  beautifully.

I  will  stick  with  LB,  in  between  rocks  telescoping  out,  would  look  nice.  IMO  slower  and  taller  it  grows,  the  better  its  for  you  and  scape.                

Sai  in  this  light  and  non  CO2  HM  will  grow  tall  and  thin,  correct  me  if  I  am  wrong,  as  you  said  ET  is  delicate….so  will  search  for  LB…still  has  one  or  two  LB  in  this  tank  between  the  rocks  but  not  visible…
Severumkid
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:31 am Post subject: Re: Rolling Stone-Update-HG-25-11-11 Reply with quote

I  am  sure  I  could  not  have  done  more  justice  with  the  rock  scape  Partha.  You  have  great  petential  my  friend,  Truly.  Just  that  you  need  to  go  the  full  distance  and  I  think  you  need  to  be  pushed.  Come  and  meet  me,  I  will  push  you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hrishi007
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:23 am Post subject: Re: Rolling Stone-Update-HG-25-11-11 Reply with quote

I  just  love  the  arrangement  of  the  rocks.Its  shows  the  effort  you  have  put  in  my  friend  Smile  
 Best  of  luck.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Aquascaping All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: