24. Guest
25. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,846

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!!
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Diseases & Cures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:42 am Post subject: Re: AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!! Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad  too  painful  water  conditioning  has  not  done  properly  and  too  small  tank  for  a  Arowana  ....I  can  feel  your  pain  ..God  bless..
PRAVU
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:24 am Post subject: Re: AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!! Reply with quote

Hi,just  one  question.how  did  you  shift  such  a  big  fish?I  hope  it  did  not  get  hurt  at  its  spine  due  to  heavy  shaking  during  shifting?as  they  tend  to  shake  their  body  when  without  water  for  obvious  reasons.
stalingard
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:48 pm Post subject: Re: AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!! Reply with quote

how  is  it  doing  now?  any  update
Nick993
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:35 pm Post subject: Re: AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!! Reply with quote

i  really  dunno  how  its  still  12  inches  from  20  months  :/
PRAVU
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:39 pm Post subject: Re: AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!! Reply with quote

I  also  thought  at  first  about  that  nick.  There  might  also  be  some  issues.  it  can  reach  double  of  that  size  by  that  time.
Deathstar
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:49 pm Post subject: Re: AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!! Reply with quote

any  update  on  the  poor  fella?
imagica
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:19 pm Post subject: Re: AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!! Reply with quote

Its  still  in  the  same  condition,  no  sign  of  improvements,  now  am  concerned  about  it  diet  as  it  has  not  taken  any  food  since  last  6  days.  Am  very  much  upset  and  feeling  so  pity  for  it.  
 Am  totally  clueless  and  full  of  curse  as  to  bring  it  to  this  situation.  Is  their  any  medication  that  i  should  try.  I  cant  sit  and  watch  him  in  pain.

Plz  suggest  !!
Kaya
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:03 pm Post subject: Re: AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!! Reply with quote

First  things  first..  sorry..  i  saw  this  thread  the  time  you  posted..  the  minute  i  clicked  on  the  link  and  saw  the  start  of  the  vid..  i  just  switched  it  off..  i  couldn't  bear  to  see  the  fish  so..  i  understand  what  you  are  going  through  at  the  moment..  Sad  i  hope  the  aro  makes  it..  6  days  like  this  is  a  long  time..

Ok..  what  is  your  current  setup..  what  did  the  aro  feed  last..  what  do  you  feed  btw..  30C  is  too  high..  make  it  26C..  if  you  have  a  canister,  hook  that  up  and  turn  off  that  powerhead..  if  you  can  get  a  couple  more  air  pumps,  please  use  that..  have  you  tested  the  water?  what  are  the  parameters?  

Take  a  handful  of  non  iodised  salt  and  add  to  the  tank..  i  feel  its  a  swim  bladder  problem..  does  it  by  any  chance  have  a  bloated  stomach..
stalingard
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:31 pm Post subject: Re: AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!! Reply with quote

did  you  try  what  kaya  said?  any  update?
imagica
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:55 pm Post subject: Re: AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!! Reply with quote

Yes  i  have  added  a  canister  filter,  3  oxygen  pumps,  and  reduced  temp  to  26,  added  rid  all  general  aid  to  the  water.  Earlier  ARO  was  floating  on  the  surface  in  vertical  position,  now  it  has  came  down  in  the  center  of  the  tank.  Still  its  not  feeding  and  has  turned  its  head  to  left  side.

No  progress  i  see  !!  It  looks  tired  now.

Kaya  any  more  suggestions  Bro  !!
Kaya
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:18 am Post subject: Re: AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!! Reply with quote

hey  sorry  i  didnt  check..  did  you  try  adding  salt?  and  did  you  check  the  water  parameters?  how  is  the  aro  breathing..  is  it  breathing  heavy?  God..  seriously  this  aro  is  a  fighter..  prayin  he  gets  ok..  and  DO  NOT  add  medication  without  knowing  what  the  problem  is..
imagica
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:14 pm Post subject: Re: AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!! Reply with quote

Yes  i  have  added  Salt  too  just  the  day  u  said..  it  breathing  slowly  and  has  settled  at  bottom  part  ...  i  have  left  my  hopes  ...
shashank88
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:16 pm Post subject: Re: AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!! Reply with quote

no  buddy  never  leave  hope  keep  trying  and  you  can  try  force  feeding  him  but  i  dont  know  if  it  can  work  on  arowana  ...so  ask  advice  of  experienced  members  weather  you  can  force  feed  arowana  .....     Neutral
Kaya
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:05 pm Post subject: Re: AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!! Reply with quote

hmmm..  ok..  update  as  to  what  is  the  scene  tomorrow..
imagica
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:49 pm Post subject: Re: AROWANA FLOATING !!! URGENT HELP !!! Reply with quote

Have  kept  it  with  tracktion  support  and  force  feeding  arowana  sticks  twice  daily..
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Diseases & Cures All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: