159. Guest
160. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,745

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Mumbai - Where to buy good products
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Mumbai - Where to buy good products
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Filtration Equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fede
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:39 pm Post subject: Mumbai - Where to buy good products Reply with quote

Hello,
 I'm  new  in  this  forum  and  I  hope  some  of  you  will  help  out.
 I'm  starting  a  new  tank,  I  live  in  Mumbai,  and  I  would  like  to  know  where  can  I  find  stuff  (in  particular  internal  filter)  good  quality  and  good  price.
 Is  there  any  reliable  good  big  shop  you  can  suggest?
 I  live  in  Goregaon  east  and  I  would  appreciate  if  the  shop  is  not  too  far  form  my  place.
 I  read  of  Nautilus  in  Bandra  and  Aquanature  in  Borivali;  what  about  those?

Thanks  a  lot

Fede
handsomeraj_raj
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:01 am Post subject: Re: Mumbai - Where to buy good products Reply with quote

Hi,

Welcome  to  IAH  ...

All  the  best  for  your  tank.Wht  size  of  tank  u  r  planning  .The  filter  you  will  use  depends  on  that.
 For  answering  you  Q's   of  internal  filer  ,  u  will  get  Ehiem  (good  quality  ,high  price)
 at  Aquanature  but  u  have  to  confirm  if  it  is  in  stock.

Check  out  stores  at  Borivali  east  rajendra  nagar  ,they  generally  stuff  boyu(i  used  it  for  long),sunsun  and  resun  make  of  filter.

If  your  requirement  is  low  end  go  for  Boyu  make  ,u  will  get  it  at  Pooja  aquarium  borivali  east  or  get  Resun  from   Aquanature  which  is  at  10min  distance  from  there.
Fede
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:09 am Post subject: Re: Mumbai - Where to buy good products Reply with quote

REgarding  the  size,  it  will  be  kind  of  small.  Something  around  50  lt.
 I  would  like  a  good  filter,  with  decent  filtering  capacity  (with  space  and  material  for  bacteria  to  grow),  not  chinese  copy,  but  without  being  too  much  expensive.
 How  much  will  it  cost  the  ehiem  for  a  small  tank  like  mine?
Darius
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:08 am Post subject: Re: Mumbai - Where to buy good products Reply with quote

Aquanature   Thumb Up  since  your  at  goregaon
handsomeraj_raj
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:16 am Post subject: Re: Mumbai - Where to buy good products Reply with quote

hi,

U  can  use  Top  filter  or  Hang  on  filter  for  the  tank.
 For  more  info  on  this  u  can  try  Filtration  Equipment  section  here.
garothmaan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:05 pm Post subject: Re: Mumbai - Where to buy good products Reply with quote

IMO-  firstly  take  a  tour  and  get  the  prices,  then  compare  the  "quality"  with  IAH  members  and  then  buy.  This  will  give  you  a  good  idea  before  even  setting  up  the  tank.  Prepare  everything  on  paper  first,  and  dont  forget  to  see  the  members  joining  date  also.  Ask  them,  since  how  long  they  have  been  using  these  products.  There  is  a  DIY  section  here  which  has  excellent  ideas  but  again  the  economy  and  budget  should  be  lower  than  the  professional  matrials.  You  will  not  find  a  better  place  than  IAH  to  start  a  set-up.  But  its  only  you  and  your  experiences  which  will  take  to  you  high  or  low  on  fish  keeping  as  well  as  its  expenses.  Also  remember  a  Big  shop  will  have  a  little  higher  price  and  simultaneously  a  small  shop  may  have  an  out  dated  item  due  to  no  sale  or  customer  for  that  piece.  Its  very  tricky  to  compare.  Very Happy   take  your  chances.  good  luck.  Thumb Up  

Places  to  Visit

1.  As  per  Borivili  people
 2.  Kural  East
 3.  Bandra  Nautilus  etc
 4.  Crawford  Market

others  please  add  places  of  fish  shops  or  the  area  atleast  in  Mumbai
paganwinter
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:27 pm Post subject: Re: Mumbai - Where to buy good products Reply with quote

Utekar  at  Borivili  (E)

Maharashtra  Aqua  at  Kurla  (E)
handsomeraj_raj
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:11 pm Post subject: Re: Mumbai - Where to buy good products Reply with quote

@Fede  :  Try  to  visit  Local  fish  shop  since  u  are  located  at  goregaon  east  there  is  one  shop  near  to  Dindoshi  or  aarey   flyover.  Try  to  make  good  contact  with  them  ,they  are  the  ones  who  will  help  you  out  when  tanks  leaks  or  filter  /air  pumps  break  down  at  times.

You  can  start  with  some  basic  things  ,go  thorugh  the  forum  andenjoy  thehobby.

[quote="garothmaan";p="298493"  Prepare  everything  on  paper  first,  and  dont  forget  to  see  the  members  joining  date  also.  Ask  them,  since  how  long  they  have  been  using  these  products  [/quote]

@garothmaan  :  Members  joining  date   or  number  of  post's     he  makes  in  any  forum  does  not  help  in  guessing  his  experience  in  the   hobby.Sorry  if  my  post  offends  you.
garothmaan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:18 pm Post subject: Re: Mumbai - Where to buy good products Reply with quote

handsomeraj_raj  wrote  (View  Post):                

@garothmaan  :  Members  joining  date   or  number  of  post's  he  makes  in  any  forum  does  not  help  in  guessing  his  experience  in  the   hobby.Sorry  if  my  post  offends  you.                

"It  is  not  how  it  looks  it  is  how  you  see"  Very Happy  but  never  mind  and  dont  be  sorry.  

Knowing  the  time  span  of  the  member  on  IAH  is  very  important.  It  shows  his  experience  in  fish-keeping  with  IAH  support   It  is  the  difference  between  going  to  school  and  going  to  college.  IAH  is  the  college.  IMO  Smile
handsomeraj_raj
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:58 pm Post subject: Re: Mumbai - Where to buy good products Reply with quote

@  garothmaan     :      Thumbs Up
sid
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:33 pm Post subject: Re: Mumbai - Where to buy good products Reply with quote

handsomeraj_raj  wrote  (View  Post):                
 Members  joining  date   or  number  of  post's     he  makes  in  any  forum  does  not  help  in  guessing  his  experience  in  the   hobby.Sorry  if  my  post  offends  you.                

I  agree  with  Raj.  Number  of  posts  and  joining  date  has  nothing  to  do  with  experience  and  expertise.  For  example  there  are  guys  who've  joined  in  around  2008  with  one  thousand  plus  posts  who  keep  goldfish  in  bowls  Wink  .   So  it's  not  a  measure  by  any  standard.

Anyway  coming  back  to  the  point,  there  is  no  such  thing  as  a  'reliable  good  big  shop'  especially  in  Mumbai.  They're  all  out  to  make  a  quick  buck  and  misguide  beginners,  that's  how  they  survive.   If  you  want  the  good  stuff  you  will  have  to  spend  and  however  inconvenient  it  may  be  you  will  have  to  travel.  oh  by  the  way  the  good  stuff  costs  money.  If  you  dont  want  to  spend  then  buy  the  Chinese  knockoff's  which  aren't  all  bad  especially  products  by  boyu.

I  find  Nautilus  in  bandra  and  aquanature  in  borivali  to  be  decent,  well  informed  places.
crazyomzi
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:39 pm Post subject: Re: Mumbai - Where to buy good products Reply with quote

instead  of  going  for  the  big  shops  directly  first  visit  smaller  shops  and  get  informed  abt  diff  medium  of  filtration  and  other  thing.....use  the  cheap  once  first  so  that  u  get  an  idea  as  to  exactly  what  y  need....observe  your  tank  closely  everyday.....am  in  this  hobby  for  the  past  5  yrs  and  i  still  do  it  everyday....there  is  always  room  for  improvement  and  new  ideas.....the  most  imp  thing  in  this  hobby  is  patience...u  cannot  live  here  without  it.....excuse  me  if  am  off  the  topic  but  i  thought  that  these  thing  were  imp  for  beginner....
 one  more  thing....using  cheaper  thing  allows  u  to  make  your  own  creation  which  will  suit  your  tank  the  best
ArowanaNewBe
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:08 pm Post subject: Re: Mumbai - Where to buy good products Reply with quote

I  second  omkar  on  getting  information.  Some  of  the  smaller  LFS  explain  concept  with  patience.  Good  to  have  as  much  info  as  possible.  also  chech  the  forum  dedicate  to  filteration.
 IMO  Always  keep  one  sponge  filter  running  irrespective  of  other  filter  you  have.  You  will  see  such  sponge  filter  in  almost  all  the  tanks  that  all  of  the  LFS  have.  Fishs  are  safe,  you  can  select  other  filter  from  various  options.

I  second  Vaidu  for  Maharashtra  Aqua  at  Kurla  (E).  Seems  to  be  a  dealer  for  Boyu  products,  quite  resonable  prices.

Good  luck.

-  Ashish
Trayderji
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:54 am Post subject: Re: Mumbai - Where to buy good products Reply with quote

crazyomzi  wrote  (View  Post):                
instead  of  going  for  the  big  shops  directly  first  visit  smaller  shops  and  get  informed  abt  diff  medium  of  filtration  and  other  thing.....use  the  cheap  once  first  so  that  u  get  an  idea  as  to  exactly  what  y  need....observe  your  tank  closely  everyday.....am  in  this  hobby  for  the  past  5  yrs  and  i  still  do  it  everyday....there  is  always  room  for  improvement  and  new  ideas.....the  most  imp  thing  in  this  hobby  is  patience...u  cannot  live  here  without  it.....excuse  me  if  am  off  the  topic  but  i  thought  that  these  thing  were  imp  for  beginner....
 one  more  thing....using  cheaper  thing  allows  u  to  make  your  own  creation  which  will  suit  your  tank  the  best                

Completely  agree  with  you  Rock On
sid
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:49 pm Post subject: Re: Mumbai - Where to buy good products Reply with quote

crazyomzi  wrote  (View  Post):                

Most  smaller  LFS's  will  only  inform  a  customer  about  the  products  they  stock.  Why  would  they  extoll  the  virtues  of  a  canister  filter  that  is  found  in  bigger  shops???  I'm  not  saying  they're  all  bad  but  it's  important  for  a  beginner  to  know  every  product  that  is  out  there  so  he  can  make  a  decision  himself.  The  smaller  shops  most  probably  have  never  even  heard  of  different  forms  of  filtration.  And  what  do  you  mean  by  'cheaper  things  allows  you  to  make  your  own  creation'?  Be  specific  instead  of  being  vague  and  ambiguous.  and  seriously  dude  start  a  blog  or  a  new  thread  if  you  want  to  rant  and  rave  about  the  qualities  needed  to  be  a  hobbyist.  If  you  know  of  smaller  shops  that  explain  filtration  with  patience  then  list  them  here.  The  poster  wanted  specific  information  not  a  sermon.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Filtration Equipment All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: