194. Guest
195. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,810

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Betta Bitten and other Labyrinths
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shreyas
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:19 pm Post subject: Re: LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore Reply with quote

The  inhuman  containers.  The  last  two  columns  on  the  extreme  right  are  the  ones  which  have  been  around  for  6  weeks  or  so.
bishwanath
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:40 pm Post subject: Re: LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore Reply with quote

anyway  it  will  continue  ...try  as  manish  told  ..u  some  of  make  a  group  say  at  least  10person  ...just  drop  at  tht  store  ..tell  him  politely  to  do  as  per  u  people  if  he  did  not  listen  ...then  u  all  take  the  initiative  to  place  the  bettas  at  least  in  a  moderate  containers...but  how  many  times  u  people  will  do  and  also  to  other  shops?  ...anyway  at  least  carry  this  out  and  hope  the  message  flow  to  other  shops  also  ...and  rest  hope  for  the  best....  Smile
zico_aqua
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:42 pm Post subject: Re: LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore Reply with quote

the  mustard  gas  is  a  throw  back  it  seems  but  the  red  dragon  male  seems  to  be  a  very  good  specimen,  can  you  please  PM  me  the  price  of  the  red  dragon  male?  an'  if  I  ask  you  to  buy  him  for  me  can  you  hand  him  to  me  at  MG  road  on  sunday  say..I  know  it  a  trouble  but  please  ..  Smile
Shreyas
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:52 pm Post subject: Re: LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore Reply with quote

@Bishwanath,  
 I've  been  asking  him  about  getting  bigger  containers,  but  that  doesn't  really  seem  to  happen.  Maybe  what  you  said  should  be  tried.  

@Zico,
 I  would  have  gladly  helped  you  out  if  you  were  asking  for  any  of  the  ones  in  the  small  containers,  man.  I  am  primarily  trying  to  get  them  to  better  places.  Therefore,  I'm  afraid  I'll  have  to  be  impolite  and  say  that  I  won't  get  you  the  ones  in  the  bowls.   Sad
deepakg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:32 am Post subject: Re: LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore Reply with quote

I  told  you  he  will  get  more.  Chuckle   Chuckle  
 But  good  news  is...  he  got  some  better  bowls.
bettalover
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:56 am Post subject: Re: LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore Reply with quote

awesome  work  guys...  keep  it  up..
 I  dont  understand  why  the  LFS  doesnt  treat  them  as  fellow  living  creatures..
zico_aqua
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:05 am Post subject: Re: LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore Reply with quote

no  worries  I  understand  the  sentiment  Smile  PM  me  the  price  of  the  MG  then..and  the  ones  in  the  bottom  row  from  the  left  (first  two)..Smile
jabba
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:17 am Post subject: Re: LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore Reply with quote

Ok  what  if  he  asks  you  to  provide  him  with  enough  money  to  have  good  display  tanks.......

See.....  we  all  want  to  get  fishes  at  the  cheapest  price.  If  he  is  gonna  make  even  a  1  feet  cube  for  each  bettas  he  brings  in  and  keeps  possibly  for  a  week  or  so.
 He  need  more  space...........  that  means  more  rent
 more  water  for  change........  which  means  more  water  bill
 more  man  power  to  clean.................  which  again  means  more  money.

Finally  whom  should  he  charge  it  for....  It  will  be  US.

If  you  want  to  see  a  properly  maintained  aquarium  go  to  kundalahalli  gate  near  marthahalli.
 There  is  a  guy  who  has  all  the  above  things  to  keep  fishes  and  he  charges  4  times  of  the  price  than  normal  and  you  see  very  less  customers.
 Atleast  I  am  sure  very  less  people  from  IAH  goes  there.
 We  advocate  lot  against  the  small  LFS  guys  but  yet  we  as  normal  people  search  for  cheaper  options.  "Even  I  have  sent  you  a  PM  since  you  said  he  is  selling  them  at  a  cheaper  price  Smile  ".

I  am  not  telling  keeping  bettas  in  smaller  tanks  is  not  cruel.However  there  is  no  other  option  for  an  LFS  guy  to  keep  up  in  the  competition.
 The  only  way  we  can  stop  this  will  be  to  keep  away  from  such  shops.  make  the  poor  guys  like  these  close  down  and  go  to  the  rich  guy  who  has  a  huge  space  and  all  to  buy  stuff.

"Anyone  who  have  no  problem  in  spending  thrice  the  amount  than  in  normal  LFS  for  their  hobby  can  criticize".

Don't  forget  that  we  hail  from  a  country  where  even  there  are  still  humans  without  enough  food  and  shelter.  We  still  don't  bother  spending  money  for  a  meal  in  KFC  which  can  suffice  3  hungry  mens  full  day  meal  from  a  normal  hotel.  We  are  talking  about  bettas;  which  are  by  evolution  designed  to  survive  even  in  muddy  water  holes  that  are  formed  by  even  a  cows  foot  print

So  chill  out   Drinking  Drinking   but  still  try  and  speak  to  him  that  is  the  least  we  can  do.
 If  you  want  to  do  more  be  ready  with  some  money
rocky2
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:00 am Post subject: Re: LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore Reply with quote

nice  save  from  the  lfs  and  looks  good
nvj1
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:04 am Post subject: Re: LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore Reply with quote

jabba  wrote  (View  Post):                
Ok  what  if  he  asks  you  to  provide  him  with  enough  money  to  have  good  display  tanks.......

See.....  we  all  want  to  get  fishes  at  the  cheapest  price.  If  he  is  gonna  make  even  a  1  feet  cube  for  each  bettas  he  brings  in  and  keeps  possibly  for  a  week  or  so.
 He  need  more  space...........  that  means  more  rent
 more  water  for  change........  which  means  more  water  bill
 more  man  power  to  clean.................  which  again  means  more  money.

Finally  whom  should  he  charge  it  for....  It  will  be  US.

If  you  want  to  see  a  properly  maintained  aquarium  go  to  kundalahalli  gate  near  marthahalli.
 There  is  a  guy  who  has  all  the  above  things  to  keep  fishes  and  he  charges  4  times  of  the  price  than  normal  and  you  see  very  less  customers.
 Atleast  I  am  sure  very  less  people  from  IAH  goes  there.
 We  advocate  lot  against  the  small  LFS  guys  but  yet  we  as  normal  people  search  for  cheaper  options.  "Even  I  have  sent  you  a  PM  since  you  said  he  is  selling  them  at  a  cheaper  price  Smile  ".

I  am  not  telling  keeping  bettas  in  smaller  tanks  is  not  cruel.However  there  is  no  other  option  for  an  LFS  guy  to  keep  up  in  the  competition.
 The  only  way  we  can  stop  this  will  be  to  keep  away  from  such  shops.  make  the  poor  guys  like  these  close  down  and  go  to  the  rich  guy  who  has  a  huge  space  and  all  to  buy  stuff.

"Anyone  who  have  no  problem  in  spending  thrice  the  amount  than  in  normal  LFS  for  their  hobby  can  criticize".

Don't  forget  that  we  hail  from  a  country  where  even  there  are  still  humans  without  enough  food  and  shelter.  We  still  don't  bother  spending  money  for  a  meal  in  KFC  which  can  suffice  3  hungry  mens  full  day  meal  from  a  normal  hotel.  We  are  talking  about  bettas;  which  are  by  evolution  designed  to  survive  even  in  muddy  water  holes  that  are  formed  by  even  a  cows  foot  print

So  chill  out   Drinking  Drinking   but  still  try  and  speak  to  him  that  is  the  least  we  can  do.
 If  you  want  to  do  more  be  ready  with  some  money                

Wise  words,  O  great  one...  The  best  way  to  stop  these  practices  is  to  boycott  the  shops  that  keep  fishes  only  to  make  profit  like  puppy  millers.  But  the  hobby  will  be  quite  expensive  if  shops  like  these  don't  survive...
 I  am  pretty  sure  the  LFS  guy  will  buy  more  fish  and  put  ém  in  the  small  containers  once  the  current  stock  is  sold
deepakg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:20 am Post subject: Re: LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore Reply with quote

We  should  all  go  and  request  him  how  to  keep  a  healthy  betta  in  a  bigger  bowl.
 you  should  go  and  see  how  nautilus  in  bandra  keeps  bettas.  In  a  sad  3  inch  cubes.  They  can't  even  move  properly.   Thumb Down  And  he  is  charging  7xx/-  for  each.
Vinod_Uthaiah
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:03 am Post subject: Re: LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore Reply with quote

I  guess  most  LFS's  do  the  same...except  for  very  few.
 I  have  even  seen  them  in  small  packets  and  wine  glasses  (the  big  ones)...
 It  is  almost  like  a  losing  battle.
 There  is  this  one  shop  in  Shivajinagar,  he  has  stocked  40  -50  such  bettas  in  individual  glasses....U  feel  sorry  for  them.
 Newaz  good  effort....a  small  step  maybe  a  leap  towards  something  good  and  noble.  Thumb Up
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:34 am Post subject: Re: LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore Reply with quote

Nice  job  Shreyas.....

Hi  Jabba,

Thanks  man.........that's  the  reality.......I  am  fully  agree  with  you.

LFS  guys  does  not  bother  at  all........They  will  bring  new  stock.......and  again  the  same  story...huh....
Shreyas
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:40 am Post subject: Re: LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore Reply with quote

@Deepak,

Yes,  he  got  better  prices  as  well.  :p

@Bettalover,  

Wish  they  would,  right?  The  bettas  probably  have  it  easy  compared  to  mollies/goldfish  etc.

@Jabba,

Well,  Betta  Splendens  aren't  exactly  the  ones  that  are  designed  by  nature  to  survive  in  the  muddy  holes,  etc.  are  they?  At  least  not  the  heavily  modified  ones  of  today,  say  the  halfmoons,  crowntails,  etc.  Smile  

Either  way,  my  point  was  to  take  those  particular  ones  home  since  they  had  been  here  for  over  6  weeks.  If  I  were  naive,  and  didn't  know  the  stark  realities  of  the  lfs  world,  I  would  have  posted  this  6  weeks  ago  immediately  after  I  spotted  them!  Additionally,  I  used  to  live  in  Rajajinagar  before  I  moved  here,  and  the  lfs  guy  there  Always  used  to  keep  his  bettas  in  those  satandard  small-size  bowls,  without  charging  too  high  for  them.  So  I'm  sure  it  can  be  done.  But  at  the  end  of  the  day,  it's  profit  driven,  I  get  it.  I  just  hope  the  fish  move  to  better  homes  as  soon  as  they  can.  

@rocky2,

thanks!  

@Vinod

Shivajinagar  is  just  shivajinagar.  You  go  there,  leave  your  nose  at  home  beforehand,  feel  sorry  for  every  single  thing  from  the  puppies  to  the  ducks,  buy  whatever  you  want  to  quickly,  before  anyone  spots  you,  and  run  right  back  home.  :|

@Abhis,

thanks!
Satyanarayan
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:20 am Post subject: Re: LFS rescue near Hebbal, Bangalore Reply with quote

As  I  usually  go  to  CUPA   and  Kruna(NGOs  working  for  animal  welfare/rescue)  on  the  way  I  visited  to  the  LFS  with  Jeetu  and  asked  so  many  times  to  keep  them  in  a  bigger  container  but  seems  that  guy  is  a  bit  rude  and  greedy  .  He  started  telling  me  how  the  bettas  are  supposed  to  keep  in  a  small  container  and  is  quoting  toooooooo  much.  Even  I  thought  to  get  some  but  it  will  definitely  boost  him  to  bring  more  ,  keep  them  in  the  same  container   and  sell  as  he  will  get  a  good  amount.  So  the  conclusion  is  not  to  encourage  these  LFS  by  buying  anything  from  them.  Let  them  realize  ,why  they  are  not  getting  customers  ?
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Betta Bitten and other Labyrinths All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: