171. Guest
172. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,890

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - hi everyone !!!!
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

hi everyone !!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Site Chatter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loveraj007
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:51 pm Post subject: hi everyone !!!! Reply with quote

hi  guys  ,.     
 good  to  see  soo  many  fellow  hobbyists  here  ..  id  like  to  introduce  ,yself  ..  im  kranthiraj   from  dilsukhnagar   recently  finished  my  mbbs  ..  
 got  into  fish  keeping  an  your  back  ..  got  stuck  to  it  ..

5  tanks  ..
 1}  small  2  gallon  tank  with  apair  of   freshwater  dragon  fish  

2}  1  1/2ft  *1*1  with  a  huge  gaint  albino  red  eyed  gourami{very  rare  }

3}  2*2*2  planted  tank  started  recently  with  loads  of  plants  ..doing  wel

4}  4*2*2  community  tank  with  assorted  parrots  ,rainbow  sharks  discus  .gourami,  loads  of  loaches,tetras  and  cichids..  eels  bluecats  ..  standing  cats  ..  

5}  3*1.5*1  marine  tank  setting  up  this  week  ..waiting  for  the  shipment  of  live  rock  ..  everyelse  is  ready

would  llike   to  meet  u  all  guys  someday  soon  ,..   my  mobile  number  is  98853  24453  ..  ..keep  posting  ..
scorpiopereira
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:13 pm Post subject: Re: hi everyone !!!! Reply with quote

Hey  doc  whatz  up,nice  to  read  your  intro  and  honestly  the  combination  of  fish  u  got  doesnt  worry  u??????and  plz  try  uploadin  the  pic  of  your  red  eyed  gourami,would  love  to  see  them
loveraj007
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:50 pm Post subject: Re: hi everyone !!!! Reply with quote

hmm  not  really  worried   ..     they  all  got  used  to  the  tank  ..   and   i  really  dont  see  any   bossing  around  or  nipping   each  oder   ..  all  are   growing   quite  well  ..   and  ya  ill  surely   ill  upload  the   gorami   pic  ..  i  really  dont  have   nice  camera   and   this  fish  is  too  shy  .it  keeps  moving  and     i  cudnt  get  a  nice  pic  yet
elaine
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:21 pm Post subject: Re: hi everyone !!!! Reply with quote

Hi
 Welcome  to  IAH.Where  is  Dilsukhnagar?How  big  is  your  giant  gourami  just  now  ?  I  think  you'll  need  a  bigger  tank  for  it  as  it  grows

Elaine
scorpiopereira
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:31 pm Post subject: Re: hi everyone !!!! Reply with quote

cool  one  mate  thatz  really  rare  piece  and  yeah  nice  2  hear  your  fish  are  doin  well  considering  the  combo.U  seriously  thinking  abt  the  marine,i  mean  the  collection  u  got  is  just  fine  and  personally  i  wudnt  look  4  more
loveraj007
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:55 pm Post subject: Re: hi everyone !!!! Reply with quote

hmmmm   ya  ill  need  a  bigger  tank  soon   ,  its  about  15cms  now  ...  and   im  waiting  for   it   grow   ..  and   regarding  the     marine  tank  ..  i  am  actually  very  fascinated  by  marine  fish  from  the  begining  but  now  its  high  time  ..  i  cant  stop  myself  ..  ill  try  learning  marine  fish  keeping  too  and     ive  been  doing  reserchon  teh  net  about  the  same  ..  gots   tons  of   info   in  my  mind  now  ..  lol  ..  

and  dilsukhnagar  is  in  hyderbad   ...  

thanks  for  the  concern  ..  and  wher  are  what  do  u  do  ..  tell  me  about   your  tanks  too
cokeamod
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:57 pm Post subject: Re: hi everyone !!!! Reply with quote

Quote:                
 i  mean  the  collection  u  got  is  just  fine  and  personally  i  wudnt  look  4  more                  

Ya  personally  is  correct,  cause  i  think  many  of  dont  have  that  threshold  !!   ROFL  
 Just  more  fish  and  even  more  fish...!!
loveraj007
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:04 am Post subject: Re: hi everyone !!!! Reply with quote

ya  very  true  cokemod  ..  its  purely  personal  choice  ...   lol  ..  i  literally  have   an  aquarium  in  every  room  of  my  aprtment  ...its  just  how  much   time  and  money  that  u  can  spend  for  themis  what  matters  and  i  have   both..  ..lol  u  know  what  ..  half  of  my  monthly  expenses  will  be  fo  rteh  tanks  only  ..
toomanyfish
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:20 am Post subject: Re: hi everyone !!!! Reply with quote

hey  loveraaj
 how  are  you  and  welcome  to  iah.
 iam  sorry  but  your  tanks  are  all  wrong..sorry  i  have  to  be  a  bit  blunt  here  that  your  lfs  has  taken  you  for  a  ride...or  u  have  not  researched  enough...
 you  have  a  giant  gourami  in  an  18  by  12  by  12  tank????u  serious?have  you  ever  seen  a  full  grown  giant  gourami....this  fish  needs  nothing  less  than  a  800  litre  tank  and  that  too  ALONE  with  no  other  tank  mates...u  would  be  best  to  either  give  it  away  or  shift  it  to  another  tank..at  least  a  four  footer  which  it  will  too  outgrow  in  less  than  a  year  so  your  best  bet  would  be  to  give  it  away.Take  a  look  at  aquascapes  gourami.
 your  4  by  2  by  2  community  tank  is  nothing  but  a  time  bomb  waiting  to  go  off..you  have  discus  in  with  other  cichlids,bala  sharks  eels  and  what  not...just  because  your  fish  are  surviving  that  does  not  been  they  are  happy  or  thriving.and  you  have  tetras  in  with  cichlids???u  seriously  need  to  do  some  thinking  and  giving  away  a  couple  of  fish  off..its  just  not  right  to  keep  them  just  because  they  are  surviving?
 Also  whats  your  dragon  fish?a  betta?i  shudder  to  think  if  its  an  arowana?An  arowana  in  a  2  gallon???????
 Sorry  but  you  have  a  lot  of  thinking  to  do..if  not  for  you  at  least  for  your  fish
 Hamza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
loveraj007
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:03 am Post subject: Re: hi everyone !!!! Reply with quote

Dragon  Fish  are  also  called  Violet  Gobies.  {Gobioides  broussonetti.}   its   not   arowana  or  anything  ..  common  how  could  someone  mistake  it  to  a  arowana  dude!!anyways  im   showing  u  a  picture   of  it  which  snt   my  fish  though..its  a  small  one  ..  and  and   a   botom  dweller  ..   in   2  gallon  its  doing  fine  ..  

regarding  the  gaint  gourami  ..  yes  i  know   how  big  it  can  become  ..     i  have  a   freind  who  has     huge   one  some  5  yrs  old   one  i   a  300  litre  tank  ..  but  mine  isnt  that  big  and     for  the  18   12   15   tank  its   pretty  much  ok  ..  i  will  sure  buy  a  bigger  tank  for  it  soon  ..   i  really  love  it  and  wudnt  wanna  see  it  choke  anyways..   

and  the   concept  of  the   community   tank  ..  i  know  that  i  have  kept  wrong   fishes  togetehr  ..  even  after  my  lfs   guys  advised  not  too  ..  but  i  was   betting  on  the  fact  that  ..  if   they  get  used  to  it  ..  nothing  will  be  a   problem   ..  and  eels  are  small  they  are  always  hidden  ..loaches  are   bottom  dwellers  ..  teh  redtail  sharks  aer  very  peaceful  ...  its  just  the  discus  that  i     am  really  scared  ..  probably  ill  change  it  to   a  new  tank  ....parrots   are  really  sturdy  ,,,,  and   actually  gouramis  dont  bother  oders  at  all  ....  basically  ..  i  know  how   unhappy  fish   willbe  ..  i  keep  seeingmany  tanks  of  oders  ....  but   my   fish  are  very  active  ..  they  respond  soo  well  ..   and   if   think  i  dint   do  much  of  reserch  on  fish   u  are  rong  ..  daily  im  online  for  6  hrs  minimum  just   finding  info   about  aquariums  and  their  care  ...  anyways  thanks  for  teh  advice  dude!
Shankar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:02 am Post subject: Re: hi everyone !!!! Reply with quote

What  do  you  feed  the  dragon  goby?  And  how  often?
beta
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:41 am Post subject: Re: hi everyone !!!! Reply with quote

Shankar...Isn't  that  a  brackish  water  goby?
loveraj007
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:24 am Post subject: Re: hi everyone !!!! Reply with quote

yes  it  is  ..   a  brakish  water  indeed  ..  and  that  is  why  i   made  it  a  point  to   make  my  SG  of  water  to  about  1.015  ..  so  that  it  can  feel  more  homely,and  im  feeding  it   vivi  tropical  fish  food   ..  some  kind  of  flakes  ..  but  it  isnt  that   active  feeder  though
Shankar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:32 am Post subject: Re: hi everyone !!!! Reply with quote

Yes  Beta  even  i  wondered  about  the  same  thing.  The  body  profile  is  more  marinish.  And  dear  keeper,  try  feeding  some  finely  shreded  meaty  diet  once  in  a  while.
gokulin
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:11 pm Post subject: Re: hi everyone !!!! Reply with quote

Hi  Raj

Welcomd  to  IAH.....

Enjoy  your  stay  here     Friends   Friends
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Site Chatter All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: