42. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,937

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - 11" Red Devil Hurt
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

11" Red Devil Hurt

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Diseases & Cures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oscar-lover
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:15 am Post subject: 11" Red Devil Hurt Reply with quote

Hey  guys/gals..

My  prized  Red  devil  who  is  closing  in  on  to  a  foot  in  length  has  hurt  himself  and  i  noticed  it  today,  i  am  not  sure  what  is  the  cause  but  the  other  day  i  heard  a  large  noise  and  to  my  surprise  this  guy  was  trying  to  knock  out  a  metal  hood  which  is  about  3  foot,  he  was  repeatedly  banging  onto  it.  I  had  kept  him  without  food  for  almost  3  days  now  because  i  recently  moved  to  my  new  house.

Hes  got  a  bump  that  looks  like  a  overgrown  pimple  about  4-5  mm  in  dia  and  2-3  mm  in  height  right  between  his  eyes.  I  do  not  see  any  visible  reaction  that  is  bothering  him  but  yet  again  he  shivers  a  bit  and  when  i  touch  the  bump  he  kinda  backs  out.

Now,  do  fishes  get  bumps  like  we  humans  do  when  we  hit  ourselves  hard  against  something.  Its  known  that  CA;s  are  very  hard  natured,  should  i  do  something  about  this.

Hes  feeding  normally......kindly  advice!!!
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:30 am Post subject: Re: 11" Red Devil Hurt Reply with quote

Quote:                
Now,  do  fishes  get  bumps  like  we  humans  do  when  we  hit  ourselves  hard  against  something.                

I  dont  think  so.
rahulk
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:41 am Post subject: Re: 11" Red Devil Hurt Reply with quote

Observe  his  behaviour  for  a  few  days,  just  keep  the  water  clean  and  add  little  salt.
 Rahul
nature_lover
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:22 pm Post subject: Re: 11" Red Devil Hurt Reply with quote

He  must  have  been  mad  at  you  for  not  feeding  him  for  3  days  and  probably  that  was  the  reason  he  banged  his  head.   Mad  "How  could  you  forget  feeding  me  when  you  go  around  having  three  meals  a  day"   Wall Bang   Wall Bang  

Jokes  apart   Very Happy   I  guess  he  should  be  fine  if  he  is  eating  well.  Like  Rahul  suggested,  add  some  rock  salt  to  heal  up  any  sore  spots  and  observe  him  over  the  next  few  days.
Suby7272
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:38 pm Post subject: Re: 11" Red Devil Hurt Reply with quote

Hi  Ravi

Do  you  see  a  wound  ?  If  yes,  Melafix  can  fix  this  in  a  matter  of  few  days  (accompanied  with  daily  water  changes),  else  I  guess  nothing  to  worry  about.
oscar-lover
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:56 am Post subject: Re: 11" Red Devil Hurt Reply with quote

Guys,  when  i  went  back  home  yesterday  night  the  bump  had  swollen  up  and  today  morning  i  think  it  burst  or  maybe  the  devil  rubbed  it  against  something  leaving  kindof  a  squishy  fleshy  bump...i  have  taken  pics  of  the  wound  &  would  shortly  upload  it  here.

By  the  way  all  this  pain  has  not  dampened  his  spirits,  he  is  still  on  high  biting  anything  that  goes  near  him.  Still  feeding,  hoping  the  wound  just  dissapears.   Confused
shishirkamat
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:20 am Post subject: Re: 11" Red Devil Hurt Reply with quote

Hi.
 I  think  you  have  a  problem  here,it  could  be  hole  in  the  head  disease,I  have  gone  through  the  same  problem  with  my  Red  devil  and  oscar.The  bump  will  bust  in  a  couple  of  days  and  will  leave  an  deep  injury,the  fish  is  normal  and  will  eat,keep  the  water  in  top  condition  and  treat  the  fish  for  above  disease.
 with  warm  regards
 Shishir  kamat
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:15 am Post subject: Re: 11" Red Devil Hurt Reply with quote

Quote:                
I  think  you  have  a  problem  here,it  could  be  hole  in  the  head  disease                

If  he  is  having  hole  in  is  head,  then  he  must  be  suffering  from  Hexamita.  Treat  him  with  Metronidazole  @  32°  tempreture.

Dont  increase  the  tempreture  directly  to  32°.  Slowly  increase  it,   1°  per  day  or  after  12  hrs.  Thumb Up
oscar-lover
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:02 am Post subject: Re: 11" Red Devil Hurt Reply with quote

Have  had  issues  with  HITH  with  my  oscars  earlier,  I  am  damn  positive  that  this  is  not  HITH.
oscar-lover
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:29 am Post subject: Re: 11" Red Devil Hurt Reply with quote

Hey  guys,  somehow  managed  to  upload  a  pic  into  the  Users  gallery  under  Ravindran  Arumugam  ,  please  check  it  and  let  me  know  what  do  you  guys  think  it  is  ?
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:32 am Post subject: Re: 11" Red Devil Hurt Reply with quote

link  please.  Smile
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Diseases & Cures All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: