181. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,750

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Self Introduction
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Self Introduction
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> New Members and Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UTTAM
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

Location: #65/2 2nd cross, Hutchins road, Bangalore 560 081. Mob- 98457 43586

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:13 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello,
    I  am  Uttam  here.  I  am  into  this  hobby  for  the  past  10  yrs.  My  interest  is  on  planted  tanks.I  got  a  4  ft  planted  tank  which  is  set  up  from  past   one  and  a  half  year.  Thumbs Up  

Cheers
 Uttam.
natbox
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:44 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

hi  this  is  nat  here!i  been  associated  with  fishes  from  the  day  i  was  born  and  there  were  3  cement  tanks  in  my  home  at  tht  time.and  i  ve  been  into  active  fishkeeping  on  my  own  for  the  past  3  years  .i  love  planted  tanks  as  well  as  cichlids  and  marine  too.its  my  passion  to  be  in  this  hobby.i  have  a  20  gallon  tank  (a  small  one)because  less  on  finance  .i  am  a  student  doing  B.E  in  chennai.they  are  my  second  love  after  my  sweetheart  Kissing   Hearts   Hug
issokayireloaded
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:24 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

HEy  guys,  my  name  is  Amaey,  I've  been  into  fish  for  the  last  15  or  so  years  with  a  few  years  break  in  between.  
 My  major  interest  is  planted  aquaria  and  i  now  have  a  48x15x15.  In  the  process  of  undertaking  a  new  project!  pics  will  be  up  soon!
 I  am  from  bangalore  and  am  into  network  computing  solutions.
 I've  been  mostly  a  watcher  on  this  site  since  there's  more  learned  reading  and  listening  to  the  gurus!
dashingoan
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:27 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

welcome  to  IAH  Amaey

Quote:                
 I've  been  mostly  a  watcher  on  this  site  since  there's  more  learned  reading  and  listening  to  the  gurus!                

Clapping   smart  move
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sikander
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:09 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

hi  all  ,Very Happy
 my  name  is  hemant  ....done  my  gradutaion  and  an  animation  diploma   holder  ..from  arena..  worked  as  an  animation  teacher  ..for  arena  and  maya  ent  ltd.from  past  4  years...
 planning  to  set  up  my  own  office  now  ....plans  are  moving  ahead  wish  me  best  of  luck  for  it  

about  fish  keeping  hobby  ...say  from  the  age  of  13  ...now  its  gone  to  20  yrs  ....but  din  dig  in  it  from  the  past  5  yrs  as  
 for  dad  was  not  keeping  well  so  spent  most  of  my  time  in  hospitals  and  din  have  time  to  look  after  my  tanks  ..resulting  which  
 lost  many  fishes  ...
 i  had  2  nos....3  feet  tanks  ...with  discuss  in  one  and  planted  ....had  one  with  rock  set  up  with  cichlids...then  turned  that  into  
 a  marine  tank  7  years  back  ....having  clown  and  brown  tang  ...with  me  ...than  had  copper  band  butterfly  which  was  doing  well..with  one  
 feather  duster  ...oh  man  those  thoughts  also  make  me  thrilled  it  was  wonderful  sight  to  watch  ....though  recourses  were  less  at  that  time  in  around  pune  ..no  kits  available  no  salt  ....and  maintaining  a  marine  tank  ...wallah  ..

i  had  recently  gone  to  australia  and  saw  a  set  up  in  an  hotel  of  marine  ....thats  how  i  got  in  touch  with  mr  paul  talbot  ..www.majesticaquariums.com
 and  the  worm  for  keeping  fishes  started  itching  ..back   

had  12  tanks  for  breeding  in  my  godown  ...in  which  i  bread  the  danios,cardinal  tetra,  angels  and  ramirezi  (ram)  successfully  ..
 oops  failed  with  discuss  though  ...took  help  from  one  of  my  friend  in  mumbai  "vispi"  ...but  din  work  ....hope  internet  was  
 there  at  that  time  so  sucessful  ....now  thoes  fish  racks  are  in  my  uncles  shop  displaying  pumps     Crying or Very sad  

very  much  into  diy  filters  ...as  my  uncle  has  a  shop  of  tullu  motor  pump  along  with  him  designed  filters  and  all..as  my  uncle  
 was  an  tecnition  he  also  designed  heaters  for  me  ...imagin  a  thermostat  heater  with  the  thermostat  of  our  home  gezer  
 have  any  one  tried  it  ...it  worked  successfully  with  me  though  ...

was  into  birds  also  

had  lots  of..  love  birds  ...finches   ..2  pair   Cockatiel,  one  indian  parrot..who  was  trained  to  speak  too  ...
 one  african  grey  parrot  wich  i  had  bought  for  15k  and  survived  with  me  only  for  15  days  ...

now  looking  forward  to  set  up  an  office  ...of  an  animation  teaching  institute  of  my  own  with  help  from  www.maacindia.com
 in  pune  ...
 and  looking  forward  to  have  a  6  feet  marine  tank  in  that  office  by  this  december  end  ...sie  by  side  
 want  to  keep  one  tank  in  home  also  ....oh  man  i  cant  wait  for  that  
 but  patiently  learning  now  from  online  gurus  .....and  IAH  
 nauzer  .....rohan  ..help  me  fast  man   Thumbs Up  
 regards  ,
 hemant
raghav_s2004
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:27 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

HI  all  
 i  am  Raghav  from  chennai  ,  iam   a  online  marketing  executive  for  a  Expoert  Company  dealing  with  all  Branded  Garments

i  started  this  hobby  because  i  Love  pets  mainly  fishes  ,  i  started  with  a  2  footer  when  i  was  11  .   i  loved  fishes  but  had  no  Knowledge  ,  at  that  age  a  gold  fish  was  the  best  i  can  get  ,  i  had  the  tank  for  two  years  and  the  tank  was  leaking  .  so  i  had  to  discontinue  as  my  parents  never  supported  .  after  a  couple  of  years  i  started  again  ,  which  lasted  only  a  year  due  to  lack  of  maintaineance  .  then  i  forgot  totally  about  this  hobby  .  Now  after  all  these  years  ,  I  started  8  months  back  with  a  3  foor  tank  with  not  much  knowledge  ,  but  this  time  i  had  the  support  from  my  parents  .  but  i  started  with  a  thousands  of  mistake  .  i  had  around  10  chichlids  around  5  +  inches  in  a  same  tank.  i  corrected  them  one  by  one  and  still  in  process  .  i  got  a  Lot  of  help  from  IAH  .  and  i  Hope  it  will  Continue  .
vij007
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:55 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  All,

My  name  is  Vijay  and  I  live  in  Bangalore.  

I  am  working  for  ABN  AMRO  Bank  as  an  officer  in  Trade  services,  Bangalore.

I  have  been  into  keeping  aquariums  since  1986.  I  do  my  own  tanks  and  at  present  I  have  about  7  tanks  in  my  house.which  include  2  marine  tanks.  The  freshwater  tanks  house  Discus(6feet  tank),  Frontosas,  lionhead  golds,  Pearl  arowana.  I  am  planning  to  do  a  Planted  tank  after  the  construction  of  a  room  in  the  first  floor.  The  marine  ones  have  some  damsels,clowns,  and  Yellow  tang.Also  have  some  Jack  Dempsey  Chichilds
 Had  been  away  from  Bangalore  for  almost  two  years  at  work  in  Tirupur  .  got  to  know  of  the  site  while  browsing  the  net  for  some  remedy  for  sick  fish.
 after  returning  back  to  Bangalore  in  January  07  have  started  the  marine  tanks  and  are  doing  well.
 Will  post  some  photos  of  the  Marine  set  up  soon.

Have  uploaded  some  of  the  photos  of  my  discus  in  the  Gallery  section.
 http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/gallery2/v/User_Galleries/vij007/

One  thing  that  I  was  happy  about  being  a  member  in  IAH  was  the  willingness  of  the  other  members  to  help  the  freshers  in  all  areas  of  the  hobby.

Regards......Vijay
 +919900579006
krishanu
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:52 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

hey  everybody

my  name  is  krishanu.  i  have  been  in  the  hobby  for  about  two  years  now  and  regret  not  having  started  it  earlier.  now  im  completely  taken  up  by  it  hook,  line  and  sinker  (sorry,  inappropriate  pun).

i  currently  have  only  one  small  lightly  planted  tetra  and  loach  tank  which  will  be  overhauled  post  haste.  

i  am  also  battling  with  my  parents  to  allow  me  to  keep  another  larger  tank  in  which  i  have  already  housed  about  six  discus  (in  my  dreams).

thanks  to  all  the  members  of  iah  for  having  helped  me  out  in  both  my  times  of  need  and  times  of  sheer  ignorance.  its  because  of  you  guys  that  a  kid  will  set  up  a  fish  tank  and  look  upon  the  fish  as  more  than  something  that  can  also  be  eaten.

regards
 krishanu
JayKay
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:20 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  All,

My  name  is  Jayant  Kanekal  and  I  am  into  this  hobby  since  the  past  2  years.
 I  started  in  a  small  way  and  now  I  have  become  addicted  to  this  hobby.  Essentially  I  got  into  this  due  to  my  children  who  were  pestering  for  an  aquarium.  So,  thanks  to  my  kids.

I  am  an  electronics  engineer  by  profession  and  am  working  in  a  company  called  Flextronics  Design  as  a  program  manager.  we  are  in  the  telecom/datacom  infrastructure  domain.

I  chanced  upon  this  portal  when  I  was  looking  for  some  articles  regarding  the  maintenance  and  upkeep  of  a  home  aquarium  and  boy  am  I  glad  that  I  saw  this  Cheer  .  

There  is  such  an  abundant  information  about  all  types  of  home  aquariums  that  I  really  cursed  myself  for  not  having  done  this  before  I  started  on  this  hobby   Thumb Up  .

It  is  great  knowing  all  of  you  and  hope  we  get  more  and  more  members  registered  and  get  to  share  the  knowledge  and  experinces  of  each  on  of  us.

Here's  wishing  IAH  all  the  best   Clapping  

Thanks  and  Best  wishes

Jayant
Crookshankz227
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:09 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hey  people,  I  joined  this  site  long  ago,  didn't  reply  much  and  went  off.  =P  Anyway,  my  name's  Ananda  and  I  live  in  Kolkata.  I'm  15  and  planning  to  become  an  ecologist!  Very Happy  I've  kept  fish  ever  since  I  can  remember,  and  my  favourite  fish  are  bettas.  Anyway,  hoping  to  meet  great  new  people  and  learn  lots  from  this  site.  Till  then,  see  ya!
Sabarinath
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:50 am Post subject: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  !!

This  is  "  Sabarinath"  working  with  DELL  in  Bangalore...

I  have  been  having  dogs  &  cats  all  my  life..
 currently  as  i  live  alone,  thought  i  would  try  fish  as  "  PETS"...and  was  quiet  surprised  @  how  fascinating  they  are…

So  that’s  how  it  all  began….its  just  been  7  months  since  i  started  keeping  fish  as  pets....

Started  with  a  community  tank  with  barb  &  â€¦but  soon  found  cichlids  to  be  the  â€œ  BEST  â€œ  

1)  3  feet  tank  with  cichlid's  
 2)  2  feet  tank  with  convict  fry's  :  fry's  are  1  month  old  now....

~  Sabarinath  B
Geevan
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:32 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hai.

Iam  Geevan  from  chennai  .Iam  a  new  member.
chvvkumar
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:14 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello!

Im  Ch.V.V.Kumar  from  visakhapatnam.  I  just  completed  my  BE  in  Electronics  &  Communications  from  Karnataka  and  currently  jobless.

I  found  this  site  while  searching  google  for  info  on  Indian  aquarium  web  sites  and  im  glad  I  found  IAH.

I  have  a  couple  of  hobbies  and  intrests  out  of  which  computers  and  fishkeeping  are  the  first  and  the  foremost.Ive  been  into  computers  for  the  past  8  years.

Coming  to  fish  keeping,  I  am  fairly  new  to  the  hobby  but  have  seen  my  friends  keep  aquariums  for  quiet  some  time  (~10  years).  After  waiting  this  long,  I  decided  to  take  the  plunge  and  start  it  slow  with  the  tank  below.

I  have  a  15  Gallon  tank  (2ft  long  1  ft  wide  and  1  ft  high)  with  a  couple  of  gold  fish  and  some  guppies  (earlier  I  had  mollies  with  the  goldies  but  mooved  them  to  a  holding  tank  after  realizing  the  hard  way  that  the  two  types  are  incompatible).  The  tank  is  filtered  by  a  Regent  R1200  filter.

Hope  to  gain  much  knowledge  from  this  community  in  te  future   Thumb Up
apollyon
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:01 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hey  kumar!!  Nice  to  see  you  here  Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
callmekk
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:51 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  All,

Myself,  Karthik  Krishnamurthy  -  a  HR  professional.

A  kindergarten  kid  in  aquariums  and  fish  keeping...the  bug  caught  me  a  few  months  back  (i  had  kept  a  tank  when  i  was  kid  -  but  did  not  understand  it  as  an  art).

I  am  person  who  loved  to  research  anything  before  getting  into  it  -  and  IAH  forums  are  the  best  place  to  get  gems  of  informations.

I  feel  proud  to  me  among  you  experts.

KK
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  New Members and Beginners All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 16 of 95

Jump to: