75. Guest
76. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,813

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - [b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b]
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

[b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> DIY
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:34 am Post subject: Re: [b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b Reply with quote

@  Vikash

Quote:                
If  anyone  has  used  MJ-2600-UV,  please  share  your  feedback  both  on  filteration  and  algae  removal.                

Keep  in  mind  that  UV  filters  works  very  effectively  @  the  temperature  of  35  degree  plus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
psimhan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:08 pm Post subject: Re: [b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b Reply with quote

DJ_Rocky  wrote  (View  Post):                
Keep  in  mind  that  UV  filters  works  very  effectively  @  the  temperature  of  35  degree  plus.                

Why  not  just  boil  the  fish  instead?  Smile
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:29 pm Post subject: Re: [b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b Reply with quote

psimhan  wrote  (View  Post):                
Why  not  just  boil  the  fish  instead?  Smile                

Chuckle   Chuckle  
 Sorry..  none  of  us  want  to  have  your  tank  fish  as  a  meal.  ROFL  

@  Vikash,  sorry  for  hijacking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
psimhan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:59 pm Post subject: Re: [b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b Reply with quote

That  more  or  less  ,was  a  rhetorical  question,  but  I  am  sure  you  misunderstood  me.
 My  fish  tanks  won't  get  close  to  35  degree  plus,  forget  near  a  plate.
Gattu
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:34 pm Post subject: Re: [b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b Reply with quote

Hi  Friends,

Project  got  delayed;  as  my  carpenter  didn’t  make  it  because  of  eid  celebrations  at  his  home.  
 In  regards  to  chiller;  I  think  I  will  wait  for  couple  of  months  till  summers  return;  meanwhile  I  am  planning  to  install  drapes  in  front  to  avoid  direct  exposure  to  head.

@Rocky-  I  am  getting  scared  of  the  UV  filter  performance;  did  do  mean  that  UV  will  only  be  effective  at  35C  +  

-Vikas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
microsurge
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:00 pm Post subject: Re: [b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b Reply with quote

The  net  is  not  a  replacement  of  a  chiller,  but  it  does  help  you  to  keep  the  temperature  low.  I  have  5  tanks  of  varied  sizes  in  open  veranda  .  In  summer  the  out  side  temperature  tends  to  be  around  38  degrees   in  my  place.  I  had  lot  of  mortalities  in  earlier  years,  Till  I  replaced  all  the  hoods  with  Netlon  nets  and  covered  the  glass  with  thermocol  in  the  afternoon  during  the  summer.  This  helps  to  keep  the  temperature  at  about  28-30  degrees.
Gattu
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:43 pm Post subject: Re: [b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b Reply with quote

Thanks  Microsurge  for  sharing  the  tip,  I  am  sure  your  experience  will  help  me.  Also  please  let  me  know  what  all  precautions  are  you  taking  to  avoid  algea.

-Vikas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
microsurge
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:02 am Post subject: Re: [b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b Reply with quote

Gattu  wrote  (View  Post):                
Thanks  Microsurge  for  sharing  the  tip,  I  am  sure  your  experience  will  help  me.  Also  please  let  me  know  what  all  precautions  are  you  taking  to  avoid  algea.

-Vikas                

Frankly  I  have  learned   to  live  with  algae.  I  remove  big  chunks  (which  grow  on  sunny  side)  by  hand.  When  things  seem  going  out  of  control  I  cover  the  glass  to  cut  the  light.  Still  some  algae  would  remain  but  I  feel   that  it  enhances  the  natural  look  of  the  Rocks  and  drift  wood.
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:09 am Post subject: Re: [b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b Reply with quote

Quote:                
@Rocky-  I  am  getting  scared  of  the  UV  filter  performance;  did  do  mean  that  UV  will  only  be  effective  at  35C  +                

Vikash,  No  yaar,  its  not  like  that.  They  works  good  on  even  on  28-30  degree  also  but  what  I  mean  to  say  is  UV  filters  works  @  his  best  @  the  temperature  of  35  degree.  Smile
Gattu
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:38 pm Post subject: Re: [b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b Reply with quote

Thanks  Rocky  for  clarifying  on  UV  performance.

Vikas
psimhan
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:59 pm Post subject: Re: [b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b Reply with quote

This  sure  is  an  eye  opener  for  me.

All  this  time  I  used  to  think  that  UV  filters  work  at  killing   pathogens  by  exposing  them  to  high  intensity  UV  radiation.

I  guess  someone  should  tell  the  guys  who  wrote  THIS  the  real  story,  eh?
SunnyPaaji
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:26 pm Post subject: Re: [b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b Reply with quote

@microsurge
 Can  you  please  put  some  light  on  your  outdoor  tanks.  Because  here  Height  and  space  between  tank  n  top  i  sthe  issue.  
 What  to  do  for  protecting  elgue.  becuase  here,  i  think  sunlight  will  not  directly  fall  on  the  glass.  so  we  can  use  i  think  any  algue  removal  type  of  thing  here  .,.,or  pleco  will  be  okay.,.

what  say[/b]
Gattu
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:19 pm Post subject: Re: [b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b Reply with quote

Hi  Friends,

Finally  the  wood  and  paint  work  has  completed.  I  have  just  installed  the  tank  and  have  added  gravel  to  it.  Here  is  the  latest  picture  of  the  setup.

-Vikas
aquamann
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:09 pm Post subject: Re: [b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b Reply with quote

Wow  Vikas,  that  looks  beautiful.  It  looks  like  something  from  the  public  aquarium!  I  can't  wait  to  see  it  with  fish.
Gattu
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:48 pm Post subject: Re: [b]10 foot concrete stand for 8 foot outdoor aquarium[/b Reply with quote

Thanks  Aquaman,  I  will  install  the  filters,  air  pumps  and  try  to  get  it  started  this  weekend.  

-Vikas
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  DIY All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: