236. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,880

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Self Introduction
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Self Introduction
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> New Members and Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashvin
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:05 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  All,

My  name  is  Ashvin  and  I  work  in  Bangalore..

I  am  interested  in  Planted  Tanks  and  Cichlids

Currently  have  a  40  G  and  100  G  Planted  Tank

Ashvin
Lawrenze
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:18 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Welcome  to  the  forum  Ashvin  Smile  looks  like  you  started  off  on  the  right  note  by  posting  your  first  post  here  Thumb Up  Enjoy  your  stay  Very Happy  
 Cheers
dhiman
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:15 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  Friends

I  am  Dhiman  from  Kolkata.  I  am  a  software  engineer  by  profession.  I  am  a  newbie  as  far  as  aquariums  go  and  i  am  here  to  learn  and  maybe  contribute  when  i  get  an  opportunity.

Looking  forward  to  everyone's  support.

Cheers
 Dhiman
swapnils
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:00 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  my  name  is  Avadhoot  Sankpal  from  Mumbai

Im  interested  Beautiful  freshwater  aquariums  and  most  important  are  the  planted  tanks.

Currently  having  tank  of  20g,  2x10  gallon  and  15g.

Last edited by swapnils on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
kaushik_thebirdman
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:44 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  all,
 I  got  introduced  to  IAH  by  Mr.Sujoy  in  Delhi.  And  to  tell  you  the  truth,  I  am  wondering  why  I  never  bothered  to  look  for  such  a  forum  earlier  since  I  am  a  member  in  two  other  places  that  are  my  interests  too:  team-BHP  and  Indianringnecklist@yahoo.
 Anyway,  that  should  sum  up  my  interests  -  cars  and  nature
 Am  a  great  fan  of  DT&L,D,AP  and  NGC.  The  TV  is  always  on  these  channels  much  to  the  exasperation  of  my  parents.  And  then  my  mom  also  insists  that  my  parrots  have  to  stay  out  of  the  house  cos  they  dirty  the  whole  place.....what  am  I  supposed  to  do?  Toilet  train  them?!?!?
 Anyway,  although  I  ve  had  aquariums  since  schooldays,  I  have  not  the  time  or  space  to  take  care  of  them  now.  This  has  lead  me  on  a  quest  to  setup  a  system  where  theres  minimal  maintenance.
 The  pond  that  I  have  right  now  has  only  mollies  cos  I  am  still  waiting  to  see  if  it  can  support  other  more  finicky  fish.
 I  am  doing  my  PhD  in  biotechnology  from  Anna  University,  Chennai  and  run  a  biotechnology  company.
 Thats  it  for  a  short  introduction.Will  update  later.

Kaushik.[align=justify]
Demon
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:03 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  All,
             I  am  Rajeswaran  Kesavan  from  Chennai,  a  Software  Engineer  by  profession.  

I  used  to  keep  fishes  during  my  school  days  and  my  college  days,but  since  i  couldn't  spend  enough  time  after  my  third  year  in  college,so   gave  them  all  away.

After  6  years  ,thoought  of  trying  my  hand  again  in  fish  keeping  when  i  came  across  this  forum  ,so  started  with  a  single  beta,now  have  an  assorment  of  fishes  and  now  trying  my  hands  in  planted  aquaria..
DevilishTerror
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:57 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  fishmatesl!   Very Happy  

Xavier  from  Pune  here...  I'm  relatively  new  to  fish  keeping.  Had  a  small  15G  tank  when  I  was  a  kid  which  had  ID  Sharks,  Common  Pleco,  Gouramis  and  the  usual  stuff  that  beginners  keep.  Wink

Earlier  this  year,  my  Dad  decided  to  get  a  30G  tank  for  his  b'day  and  that  started  a  long  saga  of  multiple  tanks  and  an  irate  mom.     Very Happy  
 Before  I  knew  it,  I  was  sucked  into  this  aquatic  passion.  10  months,  Days  of  research  on  the  net  and  5  tanks  later,  I'm  a  happy  cichlidomaniac!  Very Happy
 My  current  showpiece  is  my  70G  tank  which  houses  CA/SA  cichlids  like  an  RD,  a  Midas,  Oscars,  Jewel  Cichlids,  Convicts  etc  etc
 Other  fish  include  3  FH  in  3  diff  tanks  and  a  Silver  Arowana

My  dream  fish???  Hmmmm...  A  3  way  toss  between  a  Jardini,  a  Snakehead  (Channa  Micropeltes  or  Channa  Marulius)  and  a  Dovii!!  *Yeah  baby!*

Last edited by DevilishTerror on Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hansu
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:42 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hey  everyone!
 This  is  Hansu,  I  live  in  Indore.  I  am  16years  old  studying  in  11th  grade.  I  am  in  this  hobby  for  past  4years.  Though  I  am  young,  I  am  currently  doing  my  diploma  in  french  and  teach  people  (I  take  personal  tuitions).  
 I  currently  have  3  aquariums:  
 a.  60  gallon  with  3  small  oscars,  a  pacu,  5  silver  dollars  and  a  botia  loach.
 b.  30  gallon  paludarium  with  a  red-slider  tortoise.
 c.  30  gallon  with  2  huge  blue  goramis.
 d.  A  pond,  with  mollies,  platies,  guppies  and  6sucker  cats.

I  am  really  an  animal  freak,  as  people  say.  
 I  love  breeding  mollies  and  platies,  and  enjoy  raising  fish  fry.

Nice  to  meet  you  all!
 Au  revoir!
 Hansu
Cichlidiot
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:43 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  everyone,

Hi  this  is  Shanky   here  and  yeah  it's  kinda  late  for  me  to  introduce  myself  but  what  the  heck  Razz  Well  I  started  my  hobby  with  a  small  upside  down  pyramid  and  had  two  guppies  in  it  (One  jumped  out),  then  later  I  took  a  Candy  container  which  could  hold  kg  of  Candies  and  did  a  small  DIY  sort  of  thing  and  had  some  of  the  most  common  fishes  in  there.  Obvioculy  I  had  bad  experiences  doing  that  but  that  were  the  old  time  when  I  didn't  know  or  have  the  little  information  that  I  do  right  now.  

Later  I  bought  a  18G  tank  with  Xavier  and  had  some  Oscars  in  it.  I  recently  gave  them  back  to  the  LFS  cause  they  were  too  big  for  it  and  were  trying  to  kill  each  other  and  since  I  can't  afford  a  bigger  tank  for  the  moment.  

As  for  the  moment  I  have  a  6"  Green  Terror  in  that  tank  and  a  2"  Flower  Horn  in  other  9G  tank.

That's  some  stuff  about  me,  I  think  there's  a  lot  but  I  am  just  too  lazy  to  type  that  much  Razz  Very Happy

Anyways  I  love  this  forum  and  I  enjoy  it  here.

Thanks,

Shanky  Smile  Thumb Up
kunalrsingh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:11 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

hi,
 my  name  is  Kunal  and  i  am  relatively  new  to  this  hobby.  i  purchased  my  first  tank  about  a  3  months  back  and  very  quickly  decided  that  i  needed  a  bigger  tank.  at  present  i  have  a  3'  by  2'  by  1.5'  (67  gallon)  tank  in  which  i  have  a  variety  of  malawi  cichlids  and  a  pair  of  spawning  blood  parrots  (too  bad  that  the  male  is  infertile)  along  with  a  few  other  fishes  which  i  will  replace  as  soon  as  i  get  a  yellow  lab.  a  pic  of  the  tank  is  available  at  http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/friendemail.php/11601.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
natbox
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:33 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

hi  i  am  nataraj  from  chennai.i  am  currently  doing  my  final  year  engg.i  have  in  the  hobby  for  all  my  life  Chuckle  i.e  15  years  growing  up  with  the  fishes  and  the  last  6  years  entering  the  hobby  myself.i  love  all  animals  including  homo  sapiens  too  Very Happy  .i  have  a  20  gallon  planted  tank  for  the  past  5  years  and  i  started  by  using  a  small  tub  and  some  varied  goldfishes  which  died  within  a  few  hours  due  to  excessive  chlorine(i  could  literally  smell  chlorine)  in  the  tub.i  am  fish  fanatic  .i  basically  love  planted  tanks  but   i  am  in  for  cichlid  and  marine  set  up  too.i  am  waiting  to  have  the  finance  for  it.this  forum  has  helped  me  gain  lot  of  knowledge  about  this  hobby  and  provided  me  with  some  plants  too(thanks  to  mr.venkat).thanks  IAH.  i  have  about  3  pairs  of  lemon  tetras,3  pairs  of  black  neons,3  pairs  of  zebra  danios,3  western  australian  rainbows,1  SAE,7-9  ghost  shrimps,3  pairs  of  serpae  tetras,3  pairs  of  black  widow  tetras  .
senthil999
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:41 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  Friends,  I  am  senthil  from  Chennai.  I  am  currently  pursuing  my  PhD  in  Biotechnology.  I  love  fishes.  I  wasn't  aware  there  existed  such  a  place  on  the  net  for  Indian  aquarium  hobbyists.  Thanks  to  my  friend  kaushik  for  introducing  me  to  this  site.  Though  not  a  serious  hobbyist  I  had  dabbled  now  and  then  with  aquariums  from  childhood.  I  have  a  Silver  Arowana  for  the  past  2  years  and  I  love  this  fellow.

Senthil  kumar
 chennai
Ritzy
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:33 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  All  wonderful  people,

I'm  Ritesh  (RItzy  if  you  like  it  short)  and  I'm  from  Pune.  I'm  a  brand  new  member  to  this  community.  I  should  admit  I'm  not  a  very  serious  hobbyist  but  some  day  I'd  love  to  be  one.  

I  have  a  couple  of  tanks  (60  and  80  Lts)  and  have  always  been  fascinated  by  fish  and  love  every  moment  I  spend  working  on  the  hobby.

My  area  of  interest  include  aquascaping  and  plants.  Not  a  big  fan  of  different  type  of  fish  but  someday  would  get  there.  Right  now  I'm  interested  in  learning  from  the  collective  experience  of  the  community  (frankly  i  wasnt  aware  of  such  a  big  community  that  catered  to  the  Indian  Aquarist),  and  share  my  experiences  as  I  progress  along.  Being  from  Pune,  I  would  love  to  get  in  touch  with  anybody  in  Pune  (though  people  all  over  India  or  the  world  are  welcome).  

Ritesh
 Pune
antu
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:24 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  Everyone,
 Although  I  gave  a  small  intro  on  my  first  post,  I  think  it  is  appropriate  to  introduce  myself  at  the  right  place..so  here  I  go  Smile

My  name  is  Abhinaba,  I  am  from  Kolkata.  I  am  an  IT  consultant  by  profession.  Interests  include  Photography,  Fish  keeping,  movies  to  some  extent  etc,  not  necessarily  on  the  order  described.  I  have  been  into  fish  keeping  from  school  days,  but  did  not  even  know  the  basics  until  very  recently  and  that  had  resulted  in  many  heartbreaks  in  the  past.   Crying or Very sad  

I  currently  have  two  tanks  (130L  and  40L).  The  130L  is  a  3months  old  low  tech  moderately  planted  tank  and  the  40L  houses  two  juvenile  goldfishes.

I  was  amazed  at  the  knowledge  and  experience  of  people  here..in  short,  this  community  rocks!!!!  

Long  live  IAH!!!!
r_rockss
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:06 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  all

I  am  Rocky  from  Calcutta.  I  am  in  this  hobby  for  last  2  yrs.  and  I  love  Betta.  Presently  am  looking  for  halfmoon  betta.  

thank  you
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  New Members and Beginners All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 17 of 96

Jump to: