64. Guest
65. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,795

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - compatibility chart
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

compatibility chart
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Fishkeeping and Aquaristics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nytyn
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:40 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Saadali,

I  would  look  at  it  this  way!

First  think  about  algae  eaters.  You  will  need  the  algae  crew  in  place,  if  you  want  your  tank  to  be  algae  free.  I  would  suggest  AT  LEAST  6  ottocinclus.  You  could  also  keep  one  Siamese  algae  eater.

Then,  look  at  the  bottom  dwellers.  I  would  like  to  add  a  nice  shoal  of  corydoras.  You  can  have  4  sterbai,  4  julii,  4  albino,  and  4  bronze/green  corydoras.  Cories  help  water  circulation  near  the  substrate,  eat  up  uneaten  food  that  hits  the  floor,  and  also  scavenge  at  times.  They  do  a  lil  but  of  turning  your  substrate.  A  very  little  bit  indeed!  But  very  interesting  fellows!

Next  you  could  add  some  nice  tetras.  I  would  vouch  anyday  for  cardinal  tetras,  and  rummy  nose  only.  These  are  fabulous  display  fish,  shoal  well,  and  for  your  size  tank,  I  would  introduce  40  cardinals  alone,  or  24  cardinals  and  24  rummy  nose  if  I  plan  to  keep  both.

For  the  surface,  I  would  introduce  some  hatchet  fish.  They  jump  like  crazy,  so  keep  the  tank  nicely  covered  if  you  wanna  keep  hatchets.  You  could  also  keep  halfbeaks.  Both  hatchets  abd  halfbeaks  stay  only  at  the  surface,  look  very  very  very  interesting,  as  they  have  an  unusual  shape.

Thats  my  opinion!
saadali
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:30 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

phew......that  was`nt  easy    Surprised  
   all  that  research  on  the  net  and  what  not  
         thanx  a  lot  Lance,  Retro  and  Nytyn      Thumb Up    Clapping  
             that  was  heck  a  lot  of  information  Thumbs Up    Cheer  .  Now  i  seem  to  get  things  right  into  my  mind.  i`ll  let  leads  in  on  how  the  tank  is  going  on  ,the  tank  will  be  up  by  next  month  most  probably.  maybe  i  have  to  know  some  more  things  and  i  will  discuss  about  them  later  
                                                                         thanx  a  lot    Clapping    and  happy  fish  keeping
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
saadali
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:40 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

now  how  about  shedding  some  light  on  a  cichlid  only  tank  with  a  rocky  setup  for  the  same  dimensions  i.e.  48x18x18
   i  luv  cichlids  infact  a  mix  of  all  would  look  great  ..............  Very Happy  
     Crying or Very sad    Crying or Very sad    Sad    Sad  
                 i  luve  to  keep  cichlids  but  i  cant  go  for  a  planted  tank  right  now  as  it  needs  a  lot  of  care  and  i  will  not  be  here  to  take  care  of  it  (as  u  might  be  knowing  i  stay  in  a  hostel  far  away  from  home  Sad  )........  Drinking  
   the  cichlids  which  i  would  like  to  keep  are(just  to  make  it  easy  for  u)
   rams,  krib,  saverum,  oscar,  pearl,convict,  the  melanchromii  varieties  and  the  different  morphs,  red  devils,  angels  and  any  others  u  people  suggest  

this  must  be  sticky  but  i  need  help  guys.............  Hug    Peck  

thanx  and  thanx  again
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Suby7272
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:21 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

I  guess  Saadali  is  in  need  of  Cichlid  compatability  chart    Very Happy  
 I  would  love  to  see  it  too.
 I  however  guess  it  might  not  be  too  easy  to  come  up  with  one  -  and  there  would  be  too  many  factors  to  consider  too.

Anyway,  I  am  waiting  for  the  replies  Smile
retro_gk
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:51 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

For  cichlid  communities,  check  out  the  cookie  cutter  setups  on  cichlid-forum.

Here  is  an  african  cichlid  compatibility  chart  long  the  lines  of  the  community  chart.  Same  reservations  apply.

There  have  been  threads  before  with  recommendations  for  CA  communities.  I'm  too  lazy  to  link  'em  Wink
Lancelot
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:50 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

saadali  wrote:                

the  cichlids  which  i  would  like  to  keep  are(just  to  make  it  easy  for  u)
   rams,  krib,  saverum,  oscar,  pearl,convict,  the  melanchromii  varieties  and  the  different  morphs,  red  devils,  angels  and  any  others  u  people  suggest  

saadali,

it  all  depends  on  what  you  want.    an  african  setup  will  be  colorful,  semi  aggresive,  and  quiet  active.    if  you  want  an  aggresive  cichlid  setup,  you  would  have  to  go  for  a  fewer  number  of  fishes,  but  very  active  ones.    mixing  up  new  world  and  african  setups  is  an  invitation  for  trouble  as  i  have  seen  new  worlds  happily  munching  on  africans  in  just  such  a  setup.

you  have  listed  a  mix  of  different  types  of  cichlids  above.  so  please  tell  us:  what  exactly  do  you  want?
saadali
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:12 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad  booooooooooohohohohohoooooo........  Sad
   i  suppose  i  diddnt  get  things  straight    Huh  as  i  am  still  unable  to  differentiate  the  different  cihlids  like  the  mbuna,  african,  american,  tanganiyaka  and  new  world.  i  dont  know  which  belongs  to  which    Sad  
       Help    maybe  u  guys  can  teach  me  how  to  do  it  plzplzplzplzplzplz................possibly  with  the  help  of  literature  available  on  the  net  ---link  as  many  as  u  can  and  i  will  be  the  happiest  man  on  earth.......  Give Hug  
   regarding  the  list  i  have  provided  here  ............  these  are  nothing  but  the  varieties  readily  available  in  hydearabd  i  have  never  ever  seen  any  others  except  a  few  exceptions  like.....green  terror,blood  parrots,  green  chromides,  flowerhorn,m.estherae,blue  morph,white  morph..................  Friends
saadali
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:19 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

ok  guys  im  on  it......
   ok  ive  cut  short  the  list  how  will  it  be  if  i  team  up  oscars,  saverum,  bloodparrot,jewels,convicts  with  a  heavy  rocky  steup  with  few  corydora  
   let  me  know  abot  the  red  devil  too  ..............  Smile
retro_gk
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:25 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Before  we  go  anywhere,  blood  parrots  are  a  disgrace  to  any  tank.

As  to  the  other  fish,  ditch  the  cories  and  you  could  keep  one  each  of  the    other  fish.  Ideally,  keep  just  a  pair  of  oscars  or  severums.
saadali
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:41 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

yeeeeeeeha    Cheering  
       ive  got  it  and  i  must  say  that  u  guys  are  the  best  wih  a  lot  of  brains  and  lots  of  patience  
                                 thanx  ...thanx  a  lot  
                                                 bye  and  happy  fish  keeping
Lancelot
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:52 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

saadali,

if  you  are  interested  in  Red  Devils,  you  can  keep  only  one  in  that  tank.    RD's  are  hyper  aggresive  and  will  dominate  or  fight  to  the  death.    therefore,  only  one  is  advisable.    you  can  also  keep  a  pair  of  convicts  with  the  RD  provided  there  is  more  than  enough  hiding  places.    i  have  kept  an  RD  with  2  pairs  of  convicts  with  a  heavy  rocky  setup  before.    there  were  a  few  problems,  but  not  too  much.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Fishkeeping and Aquaristics All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: