Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:30 pm Post subject: Water Conditioner
I am setting up a new aquarium. I have had aquaruim before and used to think that aquarium keeping is just pouring water and introducing a bunch of colorful fishes. But now I have learnt a lot and want to set up a good aquarium. Right now I have a tank of size 4ft X 13 X 15. Now I am planning to added water and buy a good water conditioner (waterlife's water conditioner) which removes chlorine and binds heavy metals etc etc. Now my doubt is
1. Can I fill the tank with tap water first and add the water conditioner in the tank water? or should I have to put the water conditioner in the water kept in a big bucket and then pour the water after sometime in the tank?
2. I am planning to put gravel and keep lot of plants? Some one please suggest some good plants. I am planning to keep star grass and few other. Will the water conditioner affect the plants? Should I have to wait for sometime after keeping the plants inside the tanks to introduce fishes? Any suggestions on medicines for the plants to grow faster?
3. I am planning to keep the following fishes. Please suggest me if anything wrong in the combination of fishes. I want it to be a community tank.
1. School of clown louches (3 pairs)
2. School of tiger barb (3 pairs, small size)
3. School of tetras (3 pairs, small size)
4. Few sharks (small size)
5. Prawns (3 pairs)
6. Snails (3)
I somebody can suggest me a good combination or some fascinating fishes it will be helpful.
4. Can I have black ghost along with these fishes. I found it beautiful and fascinating but not sure whether I can keep it with other fishes.
5. What kind of filter is need for the tank of this size? Should I have to buy a powerful filter or a medium one is enough. I dont mind buying powerful own but it should not uproot the plants.
6. I read that almond leaves are good for aquarium. Should I have to put dried leaves or fresh ones. If dried is there any special way to dry it or just put them under sun or just keep them in a shelf or stand below the trank and once it is dry use it?
Joined: Oct 19, 2003 Posts: 1853 Location: Bangalore
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:32 pm Post subject:
Welcome to IAH...
1. Fill water and put the conditioner...
2. Read more on Planted Tanks here in the forum and then decide
3. If you plan to keep Tetras, keep only Tetra...Read the "Self Introduction" posting to find a right combination for you...
4. Same as above...search 'Feather Fin'
5. Read the Article on 'Almond Leaves'...
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum