218. Guest
219. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,006
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,006

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,837

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Expert advice on keeping Discuss.
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Expert advice on keeping Discuss.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Discuss Discus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victor1061
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:46 pm Post subject: Re: Expert advice on keeping Discuss. Reply with quote

Thanks  for  the  wonderful  suggestions.  I'm  looking  forward  to  start  my  a  happy  and  healthy  discus  tank  soon.  after  getting  a  proper  dealer.  Currently  am  turning  my  5  feeter  into  a  planted  tank  but  will  only  introduce  my  discus  once  they  are  fully  adult  untill  then  will  keep  them  in  my  spare  2  feet  BB  tank.  Thanks  guys.  Smile
rajiv
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:27 pm Post subject: Re: Expert advice on keeping Discuss. Reply with quote

[font=Arial][/font][size=12][/size][color=red][/color]
 Hey  victor
 If  u  need  good  discuss  ,you  can  get  from  one  person  name  Nadeem  ,u  can  use  my  name  Rajiv  as  reference  and  his  number  is  9449626517.Am  happy  with  all  my  discuss  which  i  took  from  him.
bengalman
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:19 pm Post subject: Re: Expert advice on keeping Discuss. Reply with quote

Discus  keeping  for  Beginners:

It’s  sad  to  see  that  many  hobbyists  dare  to  keep  discus.  They  say  that  this  fish  is  not  for  them.  we  can’t  do  such  amount  of  huge  water  change,  don’t  keep  them  in  a  bare  bottom  tank,  how  to  treatment  those,  how  to  identify  their  diseases  etc.  etc.  But  trust  me,  if  you  do  daily  20-30  minutes  for  them,  you  can  easily  keep  and  successfully  maintain  those.  Many  say  that  it  looks  great  when  discus  takes  food  from  their  master!!!  But  this  can  also  happen  for  yours.  Here  I  write  some  tips  regarding  discus  keeping  for  beginners.  Apart  from  discus  keeping  in  a  bare  bottom  taank(which  is  the  best  way  to  keep  in  my  way),I  describe  some  other  setups  also.

Aquarium  that  you’ll  choose:  

This  plays  a  vital  role  for  discus  keeping.  If  you  choose  proper  dimension  then  half  of  your  job  is  already  done.  We  know  that  discus  is  a  round  or  disc  shaped  fish.  So  due  to  this  body  shape  this  fish  moves  more  vertically  than  horizontally.   More  they  move  more  they  grow  fast.  Generally  discus  is  a  mid-level  moving  fish.  So  at  first  our  goal  will  be  to  provide  them  a  high  depth  tank.  You  can  choose  a  18  inch  to  24  inch  high  tank.
 It  is  generally  seen  that  discus  loves  to  live  in  a  group.  So  I  say  you  that  please  buy  at  least  4-6  discus  for  the  first  time.  So  they  can  eventually  form  a  group.  Now  a  question  comes.  what  will  be  ideal  tank  length?  I  say  that  at  least  3  feet.  A  3  feet  tank  is  ideal  for  those  6  (I  consider  that  you  keep  4-6  discus  for  the  first  time),  they  can  move  freely  in  horizontal  direction  in  this  tank  and  with  a  height  of  18-24  inch  we  will  also  provide  enough  space  for  moving  vertically.  So  selecting  this  type  of  tank  we  can  provide  much  space  for  growing.  

I. Aquarium  type:  

if  you  are  a  first  time  discus  keeper,  then  you  may  not  like  a  bare  bottom  tank.  You  may  say  that  it  looks  odd  to  see  some  fishes  move  in  a  BB  tank.  Don’t  worry,  though  many  discus  keepers  love  to  keep  discus  in  a  BB  tank,  but  they  can  be  kept  in  a  gravel  tank  or  sandy  substrate  also.  

1. Keeping  discus  in  a  sand  based  tank:-

Different  types  of  discus  in  a  sandy  tank:

Ok,  you  choose  sand  as  a  substrate.  Then  I  suggest  that  make  a  black  background  for  this  tank.  You  may  say  that  discus  tank  and  black  background!!!  Why  not…  you  say  that  if  we  keep  discus  with  a  black  background  then  peepering  will  come.  also  they  will  be  blackish.  I  say  that  keep  those  discus  which  show  no  peepering  or  generally  will  not  turn  blackish.  So  what  are  those  strains!!  They  are  turquoise  (blue,red,tiger),  leopard,  snakeskin,  leopard  snakeskin,   blue  diamond,  snow  white,  alenquer,  san  merah,  tefe  green…

Fish  size  you’ll  choose  for  this  type  of  tank:  

so  for  the  first  time  you  keep  discus  and  you  keep  in  a  sandy  tank.  So  your  fish  size  will  be  at  least  2.5-3  inch  at  least.  Now  question  comes.  Why  do  you  choose  this  size?  I  say  that  this  is  the  perfect  size  for  any  discus  to  grow.  Many  discus  experts  say  that  this  size  of  discus  grows  fastest  than  any  other  size.  Also  this  size  of  discus  is  also  easy  to  keep!!!  Because  with  little  care  with  in  few  days  you’ll  be  amazed  to  see  that  your  discus  grows  3.5-4  inch!  So  keep  2.5-3  inch  size  discus.  After  few  days  you  may  take  challenge  to  keep  1.5-2  inch  discus.  (‘ll  discuss  later)

Now  come  to  maintaining  part  of  this  tank.  But  before  that  I  say  that  you  choose  proper  dimension  of  tank,  proper  size  of  discus.  So  you  do  60%  of  your  work  to  become  a  successful  discus  keeper.

You  dare  to  change  water  daily.  So  simply  don’t  do  that!!  You  can  do  20%  water  change  in  every  alternate  day.  Yes  just  20%  to  raise  2.5-3  inch  discus.  Can  you  do  1  thing?  Can  you  keep  a  external  canister  filter  for  that?  This  will  be  the  best  filter  for  any  kind  of  set  up.  Even  for  discus  obviously!  It  holds  maximum  amount  of  filter  media.  You  can  keep  good  amount  of  zeolite,  active  carbon,  bio  ball,  ceramic  ring  in  it.  

Now  you  may  say  that  canister  filter  is  too  costly.  Ok,  no  problem.  Still  you  can  manage  this  with  a  top  filter  and  1  power  filter.  On  the  chamber  of  top  filter  keep  good  amount  of  zeolite  and  inside  power  filter  keep  maximum  amount  of  sponge!!  Here  one  question  may  be  asked.  Power  filter  for  discus  tank?  Yes  why  not,  make  sure  that  the  outlet  of  power  filter  is  towards  back  glass  of  your  tank  or  you  can  use  a  spray  bar  with  it.

Water  that  you  use  for  your  aquarium:  
 The  primary  condition  of  water  is  it  should  be  dechlorinated.  Specially  we  have  to  take  care  during  rainy  season  when  our  tap  water  is  chlorinated!!  So  my  request  is  to  give  attention  to  water  that  you  provide  in  your  discus  tank.  Now  a  days  in  any  pet  shop  you  can  get  dechlorinated  medicine  that  helps  you  to  lower  chlorine  of  your  tank.  Use  that  thing  and  dissolve  it  as  that  medicine  say.   You  should  buy  dechlorine  medicine  which  helps  you  to  lower  chlorine  of  your  tank.  This  Chlorine  is  routinely  added  to  the  water  supply  in  many  parts  of  the  world  to  make  the  water  germfree.  But  this  Chlorine  is  not  good  for  discus  fish  and  the  use  of  chloramine  can  be  disastrous.  So  use  a  test  kit  to  determine  the  presence  and  concentration  of  this  Chlorine  or  Chloramine.  Make  sure  that  discus  can  be  healthy  and  can  grow  well  if  you  provide  them  right  water  condition,  which  is  obviously  chlorine  free.  It  will  be  good  if  you  store  water  for  24  hours  in  a  bucket  and  treat  it  with  HYPO.  It’s  a  very  good  chlorine  remover.

Food  and  feeding  schedule  in  this  sandy  tank:

Since  you  keep  discus  for  the  first  time,  you  may  dare  to  make  BHM/GHM.  Ok,  don’t  worry,  still  you  have  a  large  variety  of  foods  which  are  suitable  for  discus  and  also  for  this  set  up.  In  this  set  up  you  can  feed  them  hikari  discus  bio  gold,  tetra  bits(easier  to  identify  those  than  hikari  on   sand),  frozen  dried  bloodworms(ocassioanally),ants  egg.  Yes  ants  egg!  This  is  one  of  the  best  live  food  for  discus,  as  this  contains  no  external  or  internal  parasites.

Assume  that  you  buy  2.5-3  inch  discus.  So  you  feed  them  4-5  times  daily.  You  may  astonish  to  see  that  4-5  times!!!  Isn’t  an  issue  of  overfeeding?  I  say  no.  feed  them  in  small  quantity  so  that  no  left  over  food  will  stay  at  the  bottom  but  feed  them  more.  Generally  it  is  seen  that  juvenile  discus  needs  more  food  than  a  mature  discus  because  their  growth  rate  is  higher  than  a  mature  one.  Now  you  can  do  one  thing.  After  feeding  them  you  can  siphon  their  wastes  and  uneaten  food.  It  will  take  maximum  2-3  minutes.

Other  decorations  for  this  type  of  tank:
 1. You  can  use  driftwoods  in  this  tank.  Adding  this  not  only  your  tank  looks  good  bit  also  it  will  provide  them  some  hiding  place  when  they  are  first  introduced  and  stressed.
 2. Let  us  assume  that  you  keep  either  canister  or  top  and  power  filter,  so  there  is  no  direct  channel  for  aeration.  Hence  you  have  to  use  airstone  for  more  aeration.
 3. You  can  also  use  some  hardy  plants  like  echinodorous  sp.,  vallisneria  sp.anubias  sp.  In  this  type  of  set  up.

So  you  see  lots  of  options  when  you  keep  discus  in  a  sandy  tank.  Apart  from  bare  bottom  this  type  of  set  up  will  also  do  well  for  discus.  
 I  will  discuss  all  other  set  ups  for  discus  in  this  very  thread  later.  if  you  have  any  queries  please  feel  free  to  ask.

Keeping  discus  in  a  gravelled  tank
 Gravel  that  you  will  use:
   Now  you  choose  a  gravelled  tank  for  discus.  And  you  keep  discus  for  the  first  time.  You  may  say  that  may  I  keep  discus  in  a  gravelled  tank!!  I  heard  that  within  few  days  we’ll  see  peepering  on  discus  bodies.  So  what  I  have  to  do?  What’ll  be  the  ideal  gravel  for  a  discus  tank?  

There  are  different  types  of  gravel  is  available  in  the  market.  One  has  fine  grain  and  other  has  comparatively  larger  grain.   If  you  choose  fine  grain  gravels  then  it  will  be  a  tough  job  for  you  to  clean  your  tank,  Where  as  if  you  use  larger  grain  it  will  be  easier  to  clean.  So  I  suggest  using  larger  gravel.  At  the  same  time  I  suggest  you  to  place  those  gravel  in  a  loosely  manner.  So  that  it  will  be  easier  to  clean  your  tank.  

Different  types  of  discus  that  you  can  keep  in  a  gravelled  tank:

Yes  you  can  also  keep  discus  in  a  gravelled  tank.  I  personally  started  this  discus  hobby  keeping  them  in  a  gravelled  tank!!!  At  that  time  I  was  a  great  fan  of  gravelled  tank  and  I  had  various  type  of  gravels!  If  you  wish  to  keep  discus  in  a  gravelled  tank  then  I  suggest  to  make  a  blue  (whatever  dark  or  light  blue,  but  light  blue  is  preferable)  background.  This  is  different  with  sandy  discus  tank.  A  sandy  discus  tank  should  look  more  blackish  or  kind  of  normal  nature,  where  as  gravelled  discus  tank  is  more  spontaneous.  That’s  why  you  can  choose  blue  background.  In  a  gravelled  discus  tank  you  will  astonish  to  hear  that  you  can  keep  more  variety  of  discus  that  you  can  keep  in  a  sandy  discus  tank!!!  Yes  it  is.  Apart  from  those  turquoise  strain,  leopard,  blue  diamond  etc.  you  can  also  keep  all  melon  sp.,  red  and  white,  Marlboro,  yellow  checkerboard!!!  And  yes  you  can  successfully  keep  those  without  any  peepering  on  their  bodies.  Here  you  can  see  a  picture  of  sunshine  orange  of  mine.  This  was  my  first  ever  discus  and  I  kept  that  more  than  3  years.  It  grew  up  to  7  inch!!!

My  general  suggestion  is  to  keep  2.5-3  inch  juvenile  discus  if  you  keep  discus  for  first  time.  bigger  will  be  better.  But  since  you  use  a  gravelled  tank  and  hope  you  have  a  good  filtration  and  good  amount  of  water  change  schedule  you  can  show  fascination  
 Of  keeping  2  inch  discus  also!!!  From  my  previous  post  you  know  that  discus  will  live  better  in  a  group.  So  keeping  6-8  discus  of  2  inch  will  be  no  problem  for  you.

Now  come  to  maintaining  part  of  this  tank.  

Maintaining  a  gravelled  discus  tank  is  little  bit  different  from  that  of  a  sandy  one.  You  are  already  aware  that  in  a  gravelled  tank  you  can  have  the  fascination  to  keep  even  1.5-2  inch  discus.  Therefore,  water  change  and  siphoning  properly  will  play  a  big  role  here.  If  you  don’t  water  change  daily  still  it  will  not  be  a  problem,  but  you  have  to  siphon  it  thoroughly.  Otherwise  the  uneaten  food  and  fish  wastes  can  create  a  big  problem  in  your  tank.  So  I  suggest  you  to  siphon  tank  water  after  heavy  feeding  (I’ll  discuss  about  food  habit  of  your  discus  in  a  gravelled  tank  later)  to  make  sure  that  there  will  be  no(/less)  uneaten  food  and  fish  poops.  Now  come  to  the  water  change  schedule.  If  you  keep  adult  or  big  size  discus(4  inch  plus)  then  your  WC  schedule  can  be  twice  per  week  about  30-40%.  And  if  you  keep  a  school  of  juveniles  you  can  do  20%  water  change  in  every  alternate  day.

Now  come  to  the  filters  that  you  can  choose  for  this  tank.  I  always  say  that  canister  is  the  best  filter  along  with  a  power  filter.  But  you  can  also  use  some  cheap  filters!!  In  this  tank  you  can  use  a  top  filter  which  you  can’t  able  to  use  in  a  sandy  tank.  Generally  I  suggest  you  to  use  a  top  and  a  power  filter.  As  a  filter  media  you  can  keep  zeolite,  purigen,  bio  ball  in  top  filter  and  keep  sponge  in  power  filter.  Here  one  question  may  be  asked.  Power  filter  for  discus  tank?  Yes  why  not,  make  sure  that  the  outlet  of  power  filter  is  towards  back  glass  of  your  tank  or  you  can  use  a  spray  bar  with  it.

Same  that  I  described  in  sandy  discus  tank.

Food  and  feeding  schedule  in  this  sandy  tank:
 Food  habit  and  feeding  schedule  can  be  a  little  tricky  in  this  type  of  tank.  Since  you  use  gravel  as  substrate  you  can’t  feed  only  granular  foods  like  hikari  discus  bio  gold,  sera  discus  granules,  tetra  bits  etc.  if  you  can  make  BHM/GHM  (‘ll  discuss  later  about  this  recipe)  then  you  can  feed  it.  But  before  that  make  sure  that  those  BHM/GHM  come  to  normal  temperature.  Otherwise  it  will  be  hard  and  go  down  to  gravel.  Hence  most  of  your  food  will  be  lost.  If  you  feed  them  comparatively  loosely  bonded  BHM/GHM  then  it  will  be  easier  for  your  discus  to  eat  before  it  goes  to  gravel  bed.  Also  you  can  feed  them  flake  foods.  Tetera  crisps,  frozen  dried  bloodworms  (occasionally)  and  other  floating  foods.  Benefit  is  this  tyoe  of  food  will  not  go  to  gravel  bed  and  your  discus  can  eat  it.   Apart  from  that  you  can  also  feed  them  ants  egg  or  earthworms  as  live  food.

Now  come  to  feeding  schedule.  Assume  that  you  buy  2.5-3  inch  discus.  So  you  feed  them  4-5  times  daily.  You  may  astonish  to  see  that  4-5  times!!!  You  can  feed  them  heavy  food  in  morning  and  late  night  (10-10:30pm).  During  these  2  times  you  can  feed  them  BHM/GHM  (if  possible)  or  hikari/sera/tetra  bits/live  food  and  feed  flakes  on  other  times.  So  Isn’t  an  issue  of  overfeeding?  I  say  no.  feed  them  in  small  quantity  so  that  no  left  over  food  will  stay  at  the  bottom  but  feed  them  more.  Generally  it  is  seen  that  juvenile  discus  needs  more  food  than  a  mature  discus  because  their  growth  rate  is  higher  than  a  mature  one.  Now  you  can  do  one  thing.  After  feeding  them  you  can  siphon  their  wastes  and  uneaten  food.  It  will  take  maximum  2-3  minutes.  A  good  feeding  schedule  for  juvenile  discus  is  :
 7  am:  heavy  food
 12  noon:  flake  food
 4-5  pm:  live  food
 7  pm(if  possible):  flake
 10-10:30  pm:  heavy  food

Other  decorations  for  this  type  of  tank:
 4. Let  us  assume  that  you  keep  either  canister  or  top  and  power  filter,  so  there  is  no  direct  channel  for  aeration.  Hence  you  have  to  use  airstone  for  more  aeration.
 5. If  you  wish  to  keep  plants  in  this  type  of  tank  you  can  still  use  it!!!  How,  just  use  a  pot  with  proper  substrate  and  keep  plants.  In  this  pot  you  can  keep  some  hardy  plants  like  echinodorous  sp.,  vallisneria  sp.anubias  sp.  

Keeping  discus  in  a  planted  tank
 Without  any  doubt  planted  tank  is  one  the  beautiful  looking  of  any  kind  of  tanks.  Many  of  us  love  to  keep  planted  tank.  It’s  nice  to  see  some  awesome  planted  aquarium.  It’s  a  great  feelings  when  one  keep  beautiful  discus  in  a  planted  tank.  Specially  when  we  see  beautiful  planted  tank  with  discus  we  are  amazed  to  see  this  beauty.  Let  me  assume  that  you  also  keep  planted  tank.  And  now  for  the  first  time  you  want  to  keep  discus  in  your  planted.  Ok,  don’t  worry.  You  can  keep  discus  if  you  know  some  tricks  about  them.  

Different  types  of  discus  that  you  can  keep  in  a  planted  tank:

You  have  to  be  choosy  enough  for  different  strain  of  discus  in  a  planted  tank.  You  can’t  choose  all  types  of  discus  in  a  planted  tank.  Let  me  assume  that  you  have  a  beautiful  planted  set  up.  But  you  keep  some  peepering  prone  or  such  type  of  discus.  I  see  many  planted  experts  keeping  discus  in  their  tanks  but  they  keep  juvenile  and  peepering  discus.  I  feel  very  sad  to  see  this.  So  to  avoid  this  you  can  keep  all  turquoise  strain,  leopard,  snakeskin,  san  merah,  blue  diamond  etc.  

You  know  planted  tank  can  be  classified  of  2  different  types.  One  is  low-tech  set  up  with  DIY  CO2,  DIY  substrate,  low-medium  light  etc.  keeping  discus  in  this  type  of  set  up  is  comparatively  easier.one  can  keep  adult  discus  in  this  low-tech  set  up  after  4-5  months  of  set  up.  Once  the  tank  is  settled  well  and  tends  to  mature  then  you  can  keep  them.  

Other  type  of  set  up  is  high-tech  planted  tank  with  pressurised  CO2  system,  branded  substrate,  high  light,  proper  dosing  etc.  keeping  discus  in  this  type  of  set  up  is  little  tricky.  A  branded  substrate  can  cause  problem  for  discus.  In  addition,  due  to  high  light,  dosing,  CO2  your  discus  can  be  stressed.  So  to  avoid  this  what’s  the  option?  The  only  option  is  to  keep  adult  discus  settling  in  this  type  of  environment.  I  know  many  planted  discus  keepers  who  keep  adult  discus  in  a  temporary  planted  set  up  and  if  a  discus  is  settled  enough  then  only  they  can  transfer  that  discus  to  the  main  planted  tank.  But  in  your  case  I  like  to  say  that  keep  4-4.5  inch+  (at  least)  discus.  As  you  know  adult  discus  is  having  more  resistance  power,  so  it  will  not  be  too  much  problem.  Also  one  thing  that  I  like  to  suggest  you,  In  case  of  hi-tech  planted  set  up  please  keep  discus  once  tank  is  fully  matured.  During  set  up  time  there  can  be  some  fluctuation  of  water  parameters  which  is  hazardous  to  discus.  

You  may  say  that  in  many  cases  I  see  lots  of  other  strain  of  discus  housing  in  a  hi-tech  planted  tank.  In  most  of  the  cases  those  discus  are  kept  in  this  set  up  for  a  better  video  or  picture  purpose.

Keeping  discus  in  a  planted  aquarium  is  not  like  keeping  discus  in  other  types  of  tank.  In  other  type  of  tanks  you  can  easily  keep  and  successfully  raise  2-.25  inch  discus.  But  for  planted  tank  I  suggest  you  to  keep  adult  discus.  As  we  all  know  adult  discus  can  adapt  more  than  juveniles.  So  keeping  4  inch  plus  discus  is  a  very  option  for  a  planted  tank.  Since  you  use  pressurised  CO2  (for  high-tech  set  up),  we’ll  often  find  juveniles  are  stressed  or  often  goes  top  level  of  water.  Discus  demands  more  oxygen  and  in  case  of  juveniles  they  need  more  than  adult.  That’s  one  of  the  reasons  to  choose  adult  discus  in  a  planted  tank.   From  my  previous  post  you  know  that  discus  will  live  better  in  a  group.  So  keeping  a  batch  of  4  inch  size  discus  will  be  no  problem  for  you.

Now  come  to  maintaining  part  of  this  tank.  

Nothing  special  for  this  case.  You  can  do  whatever  you  do  normally  for  a  planted  tank.  Adult  discus  is  more  adaptable  than  juveniles.  But  I  suggest  to  use  a  good  filtration  system  in  this  set  up.
 Same  that  I  described  in  sandy  discus  tank.

Food  and  feeding  schedule  in  this  planted  tank:
 Food  habit  and  feeding  schedule  can  be  a  little  tricky  in  this  type  of  tank.  Since  you  keep  them  in  a  planted  tank  you  can’t  feed  any  sinking  food  or  BHM/GHM.  So  you  have  to  feed  them  flake  food  or  slow  sinking  food.  use  so  you  can  feed  them  flake  foods,  tetra  crisps,  frozen  dried  bloodworms  (occasionally.  Benefit  is  this  type  of  food  will  not  go  to  gravel  bed  and  your  discus  can  eat  it.   
 Now  come  to  feeding  schedule.  Since  you  keep  adult  discus  so  feeding  2-3  times  will  not  be  a  problem  to  them.  You  can  feed  them  heavy  food  in  morning  and  late  night  (10-10:30pm).  A  good  feeding  schedule  for  adult  discus  in  a  planted  tank  is  :
 7  am:  flake  food  (heavy)
 4-5  pm:  flake  food
 10-10:30  pm:  flake  food  (heavy)
victor1061
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:18 pm Post subject: Re: Expert advice on keeping Discuss. Reply with quote

Wow  Thank  you  BengalMan  and  all  that  have  put  there  wonderful  comments  into  this  thread..I  so  much  appreciate  the  MINI  GUIDE  that  Mr  BengalMan  has  put  up  for  me..Thank  you  for  revitalizing  my  interest  into  getting  my  discus  tank  set  up  i  was  waiting  for  the  right  moment  to  set  up  this  new  tank  and  was  confused.  Now  that  i  know  that  i  have  the  back  of  so  many  discus  enthusiasts  my  interest  has  gotten  higher  and  i'm  soon  gonna  get  this  thing  done.  I  am  currently  setting  up  a  planted  iwagumi  setup  and  probably  will  keep  the  small  discus  that  i  buy  after  they  get  a  bit  bigger  to  accomodate  into  the  new  tech  setup.

Once  again  thank  you  all  for  this.  I  will  soon  put  up  the  pictures  after  I  have  setup  this  whole  deal.

Regards,
 Vishnu
aquarius
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:46 pm Post subject: Re: Expert advice on keeping Discuss. Reply with quote

victor1061  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  so  much  appreciate  the  MINI  GUIDE  that  Mr  BengalMan  has  put  up  for  me.                

You  call  that   MINI?  ROFL  That's  the  size  of  almost  all  my  IAH  posts  combined!
bengalman
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:29 pm Post subject: Re: Expert advice on keeping Discuss. Reply with quote

Smile   thanx  all
 myself  is  achintya...
deepakg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:44 pm Post subject: Re: Expert advice on keeping Discuss. Reply with quote

Thank  you  dada.  Rock On
prasantkmrs
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:16 am Post subject: Re: Expert advice on keeping Discuss. Reply with quote

Cheer  to  bengalman  for  such  a  beautiful  note  on  discus
victor1061
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:51 am Post subject: Re: Expert advice on keeping Discuss. Reply with quote

khub  bhalo  achintya  dada...I  appreciate  the  time  and  effort  you  put  up  into  that  huge  note.  Could  you  please  tell  me  are  there  any  particular  varieties  of  discus  which  are  hardier  than  others.
bengalman
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:57 am Post subject: Re: Expert advice on keeping Discuss. Reply with quote

thnx  again   Smile  

apart  from  albino  strain  you  can  keep  any  other  discus.but  as  a  beginner  i  suggest  you  to  go  with  blue  diamond,red/blue/tiger  turquoise,LSS,leopard,snakeskin,melon  strain.
victor1061
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:39 am Post subject: Re: Expert advice on keeping Discuss. Reply with quote

ok  thanks  for  the  advice  achintya  i'll  go  for  blue  diamonds  and  melon  strains  first  then
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Discuss Discus All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: