58. Guest
59. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,881

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Osram Flourocent lightings
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Osram Flourocent lightings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Lighting Equipment - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venki25
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:05 pm Post subject: Re: Osram Flourocent lightings Reply with quote

rgg  wrote  (View  Post):                
Venky!!!!!
   Osram  dealers  in  bangalore  always  have  the  T5  HO  in  4ft  and  2ft  T5  HOc  and  HOe  readily  available.  The  cost  of  tubes  are  pretty  much  nearer  to  175/-  a  piece  for  2ft.  

Thanks  to  Harshal  who  mentioned  about  these  a  few  months  back,  And  in  my  quest  was  able  to  find  these.  These  have  now  gone  to  my  planted  tank  and  the  earlier  2ft  ones  are  in  my  6ft  tank.

Ratings  of  these  are  

CRI  90,  6500K,  1850lmn,  14watt,  T5Hoc,  Marginal  on  red  and  good  on  blue  specturm,  termed  as  lumilux  from  Osram.

There  is  another  comapny  called  Coralife  who  has  the  10K,  T5  lightings.  which  are  also  available  in  BVK  iyengar  road  on  a  request  basis.  But  the  order  for  him  has  to  be  bulk  to  get  it  here  itseems  and  costs  us  some  where  close  to  300-350.

He  told  me  he  will  enquire  about  coralife  20K  tubes.  But  have  read  some  were  in  Tom  barrs  postings  that  the  >  10K  lights  tend  to  become  yellowish  once  aged  and  has  posted  to  limit  the  colour  temp  to  10K.

Regards
 Raghu                

Do  we  get  T5  lights  4  ft  in  28W???  

Thanks  for  the  info.  I  will  start  my  hunt  here  in  chennai.
harshal
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:19 pm Post subject: Re: Osram Flourocent lightings Reply with quote

Hi  all

Â   Â The  T5  (28W)  are  not  HO  lights  they  are  the  ordinary  HE  lights.  These  are  easily  available  every  where.  But  from  read  ups  I  have  done,i.e  materials  from  Tomm  Barr,  OliverKnott  and  Ammano,  it  seems  that  for  our  purpose  we  should  use  the  T5HO  (55W  in  4ft,  24W  in  2ft).  I  belive  its  the  HO  that  have  a  great  penetration  power  into  the  tank.

Â   Hope  this  helps

Â Regards
   Â   Â Harshal.
ks
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:06 pm Post subject: Re: Osram Flourocent lightings Reply with quote

Osram  dealers  in  chennai???  any  contacts  would  help..

Looking  for  T5's
rgg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:21 pm Post subject: Re: Osram Flourocent lightings Reply with quote

harshal  wrote  (View  Post):                
Hi  all

Â   Â The  T5  (28W)  are  not  HO  lights  they  are  the  ordinary  HE  lights.  These  are  easily  available  every  where.  But  from  read  ups  I  have  done,i.e  materials  from  Tomm  Barr,  OliverKnott  and  Ammano,  it  seems  that  for  our  purpose  we  should  use  the  T5HO  (55W  in  4ft,  24W  in  2ft).  I  belive  its  the  HO  that  have  a  great  penetration  power  into  the  tank.

Â   Hope  this  helps

Â Regards
   Â   Â Harshal.                

I  have  the  ones  called  T5  Ho  constant  865  from  Osram  and  are  with  the  details  provided  earlier.  Also  checked  with  him  on  the  T5  HO  and  are  available  with  4ft  at  28W  rated.
 HE  are  835  rated  and  are  called  high  Energy  tubes.
 Can  get  you  if  you  want  it  Harshal.  These  are  not  Inidan  but  are  Itailan  tubes  as  per  the  Osram  dealer.

Regards
 Raghu
Sibesh
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:49 am Post subject: Re: Osram Flourocent lightings Reply with quote

Raghu,
 Last  week  end  I  had  a  talk  with  Osram  dealer  in  Hyderabad  and  got  2  2  feet  T5  860  14  watt  6000K  lumilux  tubes.  But  no  where  it's  written  whether  it's  HO  or  HE.  I  enquired  about  it  but  it  seems  the  dealer  got  confused.  Looking  at  the  osram  site  it  seems  HO  is  available  in  24  watt  only  in  2  feet.  Please  clarify.

Thanks,
 Sibesh
rgg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:08 pm Post subject: Re: Osram Flourocent lightings Reply with quote

Sibesh  wrote  (View  Post):                
Raghu,
 Last  week  end  I  had  a  talk  with  Osram  dealer  in  Hyderabad  and  got  2  2  feet  T5  860  14  watt  6000K  lumilux  tubes.  But  no  where  it's  written  whether  it's  HO  or  HE.  I  enquired  about  it  but  it  seems  the  dealer  got  confused.  Looking  at  the  osram  site  it  seems  HO  is  available  in  24  watt  only  in  2  feet.  Please  clarify.

Thanks,
 Sibesh                

Have  the  pics  in  my  cell,  Hold  on  lemme  give  a  try  to  post  it.  The  ones  that  i  have  indeed  have  a  HE  and  a  HC  naming  on  them.

And  yes!!!  HO  is  available  in  24W  4ft  and  not  2ft.

Raghu
rgg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:51 pm Post subject: Re: Osram Flourocent lightings Reply with quote

Pics  of  T5  lights

Raghu
Sibesh
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:28 am Post subject: Re: Osram Flourocent lightings Reply with quote

The  T5  tubes  I  got  from  local  osram  dealer  are  made  in  china  and  that's  the  reason  I  guess  it  does  not  have  any  HE  of  HC  mentioned  it  it  !!

Sibesh
harshal
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:55 am Post subject: Re: Osram Flourocent lightings Reply with quote

Hi  Sibesh!

Â You  r  right  T5HO  is  available  starting  at  24w  in  a  2  ft  tube.  As  if  you  go  to  the  osram  site  you  will  see  that  it  starts  with  a  minimum  wattage  rating  of  24w.  This  holds  true  for  all  T5  ho's  manufactured  by  other  companies  too.  There  was  a  confusion  earlier  so  I  called  up  the  Sales  Manager  of  Osram  in  Bangalore  and  he  clarified  that  the  T5  tubes  come  in  HE,  HO  and  FC.
   Â   
   T5  HE(i.e  High  Efficency)  come  in  14w  and  28w  in  2  and  4  ft  respectivly.

Â T5HO(i.e  High  Output)  come  in  24w  and  54w  in  2  and  4  ft  respectivly.

Â T5  FC(i.e  Flourescent  Circline)  are  circular  tubes.

Â The  ratings  above  are  universal  T5  ratings  and  hold  good  for  all  brands.  These  ratings  are  not  changed  by  any  manufacturers  world  wide.

Â @  Raghu

Â   Â Hi  I  did  ask  about  the  T5HC  I  was  told  there  is  no  such  T5  tube  available  from  osram.  He  also  mentioned  that  the  T5  HO  constant  will  have  the  whole  word  "constant"  printed  on  the  tube.

Â I  really  hope  I  have  clarified  your  point.  Unfortunately  the  2nd  pic  is  cut  off  at  H  otherwise  i  could  have  mailed  it  to  my  contact  in  osram.  May  be  you  can  retake  the  picture  and  send  it  so  that  we  can  see  the  HC  clearly.  Then  I  might  be  able  to  find  out  exactly  what  is  it  that  you  have  got.

Â Regards

Â   Â Harshal.
rgg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:29 pm Post subject: Re: Osram Flourocent lightings Reply with quote

Hey  Harshal  !!!
   It  does  have  the  HO  Constant  on  it.

Can  you  also  lemme  know  the  dealers  address  who  mentioned  about  the  24W  2ft  H5  HO....

Raghu
rgg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:12 pm Post subject: Re: Osram Flourocent lightings Reply with quote

Hi  Folks,
   I  have  heard  a  great  news  from  Osram  dealers,  They  have  the  T5HO  24W  /   54W  Lumilux  Skywhite  880  tubes  launched  that  have  a  close  to  90  CRI  with  a  8000K  colour  temp  newly

Check  out  Osram's  catalog.  or  @  

http://catalog.myosram.com/zb2b/b2b/start.do?browsername=mozilla%2F4.0%2520%2528compatible%253B%2520msie%25206.0%253B%2520windows%2520nt%25205.0%253B%2520.net%2520clr%25201.1.4322%2529&browsermajor=4&browserminor=4

On  ordering  in  a  bulk  qty  the  dealer  said  he  can  get  it  in  a  short  span  of  time.  Else  might  have  to  wait  for  a  few  days.

Raghu
rgg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:16 pm Post subject: Re: Osram Flourocent lightings Reply with quote

Ooops  looks  like  the  catalog  browser  does  not  work.  One  has  to  go  through  the  browse  the  catalog  links

Raghu
fishysai
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:56 pm Post subject: Re: Osram Flourocent lightings Reply with quote

rgg  wrote  (View  Post):                
Hi  Folks,
   I  have  heard  a  great  news  from  Osram  dealers,  They  have  the  T5HO  24W  /   54W  Lumilux  Skywhite  880  tubes  launched  that  have  a  close  to  90  CRI  with  a  8000K  colour  temp  newly

Check  out  Osram's  catalog.  or  @  

http://catalog.myosram.com/zb2b/b2b/start.do?browsername=mozilla%2F4.0%2520%2528compatible%253B%2520msie%25206.0%253B%2520windows%2520nt%25205.0%253B%2520.net%2520clr%25201.1.4322%2529&browsermajor=4&browserminor=4

On  ordering  in  a  bulk  qty  the  dealer  said  he  can  get  it  in  a  short  span  of  time.  Else  might  have  to  wait  for  a  few  days.

Raghu                

Hi  Raghu..

I  went  to  an  Osram  distributer  here  in  Chennai  to  enquire  regarding  the  availability  of  tubes.  He  tells  me  that  the  only  8000K  light  available  is  four  foot  T8  bulb.  The  rest  he  says  are  not  manufactured  here  in  India.  He  did  say  that  the  others  could  be  arranged  for  if  I  was  willing  to  pre-order  and  wait  for  like  3  -  6  weeks  !!!

Regards

Sai
Madan
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:59 pm Post subject: Re: Osram Flourocent lightings Reply with quote

Sai  this  thread  ended  with  a  post  last  on  13  March  2007.
 That's  more  than  2  years  ago.

Thread  locked.
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Lighting Equipment - General All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: