208. Guest
209. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,772

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. Help!
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. Help!
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Diseases & Cures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheChannaGuy
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:08 am Post subject: Re: Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. He Reply with quote

shashank  wrote  (View  Post):                

TheChannaGuy  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  already  mailed  him  the  link  to  the  pics.   Thumb Up                

Thanks  a  ton  man!   Thumb Up                

Gave  him  a  call  too.  He's  on  to  it.
Kastor48252
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:23 am Post subject: Re: Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. He Reply with quote

Sorry  for  being  offline  all  these  days.  But  examtime  calls  for  such  harsh  measures.  

Saw  the  updates.  The  signs  are  grave,  as  Krash  suggested,  but  recent  developments  are  positive.  I'll  catch-up  from  where  I  left.

From  what  I  see  in  the  latest  pic,  there  certainly  seems  to  be  an  intestinal  obstruction.  But  the  site  of  obstruction  has  been  dynamic  due  to  forced  voluntary  peristaltic  efforts  from  the  fish.  Due  to  these,  the  obstructing  substance  (In  this  case,  more  likely  to  be  a  small  piece  of  gravel,  based  on  the  history)  has  been  propelled  gradually  forwards  through  the  alimentary  tract.  It  wasn't  visible  earlier  when  it  occupied  the  roomy  abdominal  cavity,  but  now  as  it  is  being  pushed  closer  towards  the  anal  canal,  situated  towards  the  periphery,  the  bulge  caused  by  it  is  becoming  obvious.  

By  the  continued  bearing  down  efforts  of  the  fish,  the  foreign  body  will  soon  be  excreted.  But  due  to  the  reflex  spasticity  of  the  anal  sphincter,  there  might  be  a  prolapse.  But  it  should  reduce  spontaneously  over  a  week  or  so.  There  also  might  be  some  bleeding  from  fissures  or  ulcers  caused  by  friction  with  the  stone.  Therefore,  continued  treatment  with  flagyl  is  essential  to  treat  existing  infection  of  these,  if  any  and  prevent  superinfection.  So  what's  required  on  your  part  is  continued  daily  water  changes,  medication  topups  and  a  lot  of  patience.  I  would  have  suggested  an  intervention,  but  it  needs  more  experience  at  handling  fish,  lest  the  fish  dies  of  the  intervention,  rather  thn  the  disease  itself.  So  currently,  lets  stick  to  letting  the  fish  push  out  the  stone  by  itself.  

From  what  I  see  in  the  pictures,  you  should  be  able  to  see  the  obstructing  stone  or  the  prolapsed  rectum  coming  out  of  the  anus  in  a  couple  of  days.
TheChannaGuy
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:39 am Post subject: Re: Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. He Reply with quote

Thanks  dude.
Kastor48252
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:41 am Post subject: Re: Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. He Reply with quote

I'll  follow  up  on  your  progress,  whenever  possible.  Wish  your  buddy  a  speedy  recovery.   Thumb Up
shashank
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:02 pm Post subject: Re: Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. He Reply with quote

Kastor  mate,  sorry  for  having  to  disturb  you  during  your  study  time,  but  i  simply  didn't  know  anyone  else  to  go  too.  I'm  grateful  to  you  for  taking  time  off  your  studies  and  looking  at  my  fish.  Once  again,  thanks  a  lot!!  Smile  

Regarding  Sick  fish
 As  for  the  fish,  is  there  any  need  to  add  epsom  salt  to  the  tank  to  aid  in  easier  muscle  movement  ?  In  case  of  a  prolapse  is  any  additional  treatment  like  glycerine  on  the  affected  area  required  ?  What  are  the  chances  of  him  surviving  this  ordeal  ?

My  other  fish  in  same  tank
   The  male  has  stopped  eating  from  saturday,ever  since  i  added  flagyl  to  the  tank  Sad  he  was  such  a  voracious  eater  before  and  now  it's  like  he's  stopped  completely.  How  many  days  can  he  survive  without  food  ?  Is  force  feeding  advisable  ?  when  do  i  start  if  its  required  ?
shashank
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:43 pm Post subject: Re: Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. He Reply with quote

Contrary  to  what  i'd  thought,  she's  now  at  the  bottom  of  the  tank,  unable  to  swim  up  and  come  to  the  surface.  The  only  saving  grace  is  she's  not  falling  on  to  ther  side  instead  is  at  the  bottom  and  upright.
TheChannaGuy
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:31 pm Post subject: Re: Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. He Reply with quote

Have  faith  dude.  Its  about  to  end  soon.  She  might  be  using  all  her  energy  in  straining  to  push  the  obstruction  out.  Keep  the  water  levels  low.  can  you  post  a  current  video?
shashank
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:06 am Post subject: Re: Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. He Reply with quote

Ya  the  water  levels  are  low,  just  half  tank.  I  can  post  a  video,  but  it  will  be  very  cloudy  because  of  flagyl.  I  don't  think  you  can  make  out  much  if  i  post  it
krash
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:42 am Post subject: Re: Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. He Reply with quote

Hi  Shashank,

I  will  address  your  two  queries  below,  but  prior  to  that  want  explain  few  observations  i  made  &  my  inference
 I  went  through  the  entire  thread  to  access  what  has  happened  so  far  &  i  feel  the  issue  with  your  fish  is  parasitic.  But  we  have  not  effectively  &  systematically  solved  the  problem.   I  will  explain  my  reasoning  ,  my  diagnosis  &  reason  for  that  &  inference  point  wise.

1}  First  about  the  blackened  face  it’s  a  sign  of  stress  or  excitement.  Flower  horns  typically  will  show  vertical  stripes,  but  as  you  know  these  fishes  are  so  interbred  &  bred  for  variety  &  gene  variations  are  huge,  &  in  rare  occasions  they  can  show  unorthodox  behavior.  I  have  seen  FH  that  showed  stress  by  darkening  its  body  till  the  tail.  Though  this  is  uncommon  it  does  happen.  So  in  a  nutshell,   IMO  darkening  is  just  a  signal  of  stress.  Also  you  can  look  closely  she  darkens  her  right  side  face  more  than  left.  This  very  common  when  FH  has  internal  worm  infestation,  also  happens  in  flagellate  infestation.
 Another  reason  this  can  happen  is  if  the  fish  has  tumor  growing  on  that  side  internally,  but  I  don’t  see  any  other  symptoms  to  conform  that.  This  is  a  possibility  in  FH.

2}  The  issue  about  gravel  ingestion,  which  Kastor  rightly  explained,  but  as  you  yourself  said  that  is  negated.  Kastor  is  right  it  not  an  advisable  substrate  to  use  for  FH.

3}  Infertility  as  Kastor  concluded  &  explained  doesn’t  seem  to  be  the  issue.

4}  ”Used  a  de-wormer  tablet  given  by  the  LFS  &  homeopathic  syrup”,  Here  I  think  you  did  a  mistake  of  trying  to  save  your  FH  &  using  meds  without  completely  understanding  the  contents,  though  your  intentions  were  pure,  it  could  aggravated  the  problem  or  created  new  symptoms  that  would  cause  mis-diagnosis.  From  what  you  have  mentioned,  I  believe  what  the  lFS  gave  you  was  Drontil   plus(+),the  tablet  would  have  been  circular,  flat  &  white.  Many  LFS  guys  in  their  dialect  of  speaking  makes  it  sound  as  “dontil  X”  or  “edontyl  ex”,  I  have  witnessed  this  1st  hand.  Also  this  is  a  common  dog  de-wormer  &  its  widely  known  &  therefore  recommended  by  many  LFS.   Efficacy  is  not  so  good,  given  the  cost  of  the  tab  ,  if  I  remember  correctly  it  should  be  7X  per  tab.
 Another  thing  is  from  what  I  can  gather  from  your  post  you  used  one  tablet  for  your  tank,  two  things  wrong  here,  one  dosage  has  to  calculated  on  the  volume  of  your  tank,  two  de-worming  has  a  treatment  regime,  as  most  de-wormers  only  target  certain  life  stages  of  the  worm,  so  have  to  be  used  in  sequence  to  be  effective.

The  homeopathy  syrup  you  administered  will  not  be  effective  &  will  most  likely  aggravate  the  problem.  Homeopathy  works  on  the  concept  of  curing  a  problem  by  creating  minor  symptoms  of  the  same  problem,  so  it  uses  chemicals  to  induce  symptoms  of  disease  &  expects  better  resistance  from  the  body,  not  the  right  thing  to  do  at  the  stage  your  FH  is.  Also  note  in  homeopathy  strong  toxins  are  used  in  much  diluted  form  to  achieve  this,  &  can’t  tell  how  fishes  tolerate  these.  Fights  poison  with  diluted  poison,  putting  it  in  lay  mans  terms.  Also  homeopathy  is  widely  seen  to  be  effective  in  mammals;  its  effectiveness  in  cold  blooded  animals  is  unknown  &  not  used  to  the  best  of  my  knowledge.  

5}  Now  coming  to  the  observation  of  his  poop  after  palpitation,  I  saw  the  pic  &  I  feel  its  feces  infected  with  a  nematode  called  Capillaria  worms.  Have  seen  similar  consistency  in  poop  with  these  worms  before  &  they  look  similar,  also  looking  at  the  above  symptoms,  it  fits  well.  But  the  pic  is  not  clear  &  stained  with  MB,  so  can’t  be  definitive.

6}  For  the  bloated  stomach  you  were  advised  to  use  Metronidazole(flagyl)  at  the  rate  of  I  ml  per  liter.  So  since  you  brought  flagyl  that  has  strength  of  40mg/ml  as  per  Kastor’s  recommendation,  you  said  you  halved  the  height  of  the  water  &  dosed  with  60ml.  Half  height  of  your  water  volume  will  be  79  ltrs  (approx),  for  which  we  need  to  add  395mg  to  the  tank,  in  other  words  10  ml.  It  seems  you  have  accidentally  miscalculated  &  added  60ml  that  is  2400mg  (40mg/ml).   This  is  too  high,  &  shows  in  your  tank  water  appearance  being  hazy.  Also  Metronidazole  is  very  harsh  on  the  kidneys  of  the  fish.  At  such  high  doses  the  small  amounts  absorbed  by  the  fish  itself  will  exceed  the  max  limit  we  normally  administer  internally  for  a  fish.  The  drug  damages  the  cells  in  the  kidneys  &  liver,  also  reduces  the  oxygen  solubility  in  water.  Which  is  why  you  see  a  much  gaped  mouth  &  labored  breathing  in  the  fish  vs  the  first  video  you  posted?  Also  this  much  stress  from  the  drug  would  have  weakened  her  immunity  further.  
 Metronidazole  though  having  mild  antibiotic  properties  still  is  more  of  a  anti-protozoan  drug.  So  using  it  now  when  we  don’t  see  any  protozoan  infestation  is  futile.   You  mentioned  no  white  feces,  so  the  chance  of  a  flagellate  infestation  is  low,  but  can’t  be  ruled  out.  I  believe  a  better  prophylactic  antibiotic  would  be  better;  will  mention  about  it  below.

6}  On  the  issue  of  blood  coming  when  you  tried  to  feed  her  flagyl,  I  believe  the  drug  would  have  shot  out  too  fast(happens  with  suspensions)  &  hit  her  gill  filaments,  if  the  nozzle  of  the  syringe  was  not  angled  properly.  So  nothing  to  worry,  besides  her  getting  a  bit  stressed  &  bruised.

7}  Redness  near  his  gill  plate  could  be  a  secondary  bacterial  infection  from  the  gill  damage  &  weakened  immunity,  due  to  stress  from  too  much  drug  &  parasitic  infestation.  So  it  does  need  concern  if  it  shows  sign  of  increasing.

8}  After  adding  flagyl  the  male  FH  shows  loss  of  appetite,  etc.  -  well  it’s  clear  that  too  much  drug  has  caused  his  immunity  to  drop  &  be  stressed.  Also  since  both  these  guys  where  sharing  on  tank,  direct  infecting  nematodes  like  Capillaria  will  have  infected  both  fishes  easily,  &  the  same  holds  true  for  flagellate  infestation.  He  too  showed  bulged  out  stomach  in  the  1st  pic.  Also  what  you  have  to  understand  is  that  many  large  fishes  tolerate  certain  amount  of  parasite  infestation  with  good  immunity,  but  if  they  over  run  their  system  that’s  when  you  see  drastic  symptoms.

9}  you  mentioned  that  there  is  labored  breathing(new  symptom)  with  redness  around  the  gill  area  &  under  mouth,  this  points  to  blood  hemorrhagic  infection,  basically  tells  us  that  the  fish  has  got  a  initial  stage  of  a  bacterial  infection.  Most  probably  a  hemorrhagic  septicemia  infestation.  Which  can  lead  to  dropsy,  &  other  complications.

10}  Now  about  the  swollen  anal  pore,  yes  like  channa  guy  &  Kastor  mentioned  could  be  worms  stuck  in  tract,  &  this  is  common  in  Capillaria  worm  infestation;  but  since  you  ran  flagyl,  I  feel  it  could  be  dead  flagellate  stuck  in  the  tract.  Remember  many  times  it  is  not  uncommon  to  have  multiple  parasitic  infestations.   In  case  it  is  a  gravel  stuck  in  the  GI  tract,  then  like  they  mentioned  its  best  to  wait  &  watch  &  let  the  fish  expel  it.  But  IMO  its  anal  pore  is  getting  inflamed  either  by  blockage  or  &  a  underlying  bacterial  infection.

Now  that  I  hope  I  could  make  you  understand  my  assessment  of  the  points  you  raised,  so  that  when  I  give  my  diagnosis  you  will  be  to  relate  better.

Diagnosis:-

>>  The  FH  had  underlying  parasitic  problem.  The  uneven  coloration  (darkening),  the  bloated  stomach  &  now  a  inflamed  anus  points  to  a  live  bearing  nematode  infection,  like  Capillaria.  Seeing  the  pic  of  the  feces  you  posted  it  looks  very  much  like  Capillaria  infection.  You  mentioned  thread  like  things  visible,  also  saw  some  mucous  coated  feces  that  is  a  sign  of  Capillaria  infestation.  Also  most  worm  infestation  don’t  cause  bulging  stomach,  Capillaria  worms  do  at  times,  especially  when  they  reproduce  in  tank  with  only  one  fish.  I  feel  the  FH  has  high  chance  of  a  protozoan  flagellate  infestation  as  well,  based  on  the  fact  the  other  FH  also  stopped  taking  feed,  &  bulging  stomach  though  white  stringy  feces  is  absent.
 >>  Why  she  has  deteriorated  so  much  is  because  when  you  ran  such  high  dosage  of  metronidiazole  ,  it  stressed  her  a  lot  &  got  her  immunity  down,  where  in  secondary  bacterial  infection  as  set  in.  Also  the  kidney  must  have  strained  a  lot,  notice  he  eyes  bulge  more  in  the  newer  pics,  also  she  looks  more  swollen  (not  the  stomach)  but  her  overall  body.  Added  to  that  the  homeopathic  drug  could  have  intensified  her  symptoms.   Also  saw  your  last  post  of  her  sunk  to  the  bottom,  shows  she  isn’t  able  to  control  buoyancy  clear  indication  her  peritoneal  cavity  is  infected  &  has  affected  her  swim  bladder  slightly.
 >>final  analysis  mainly  a  nematode  infestation,  with  possible  flagellates  ,  aggravated  to  a  secondary  bacterial  infection

Prognosis:-
 With  the  bacterial  infection  setting  in  this  is  the  first  thing  you  should  address.  Once  she  has  reached  this  stage,  don’t  want   to  dis-hearten  you  but  it’s  a  50  –  50  chance,  so  makes  it  crucial  you  do  your  best  to  help  her  recover.  Also  like  to  point  out  that  if  the  inflamed  anus  is  gravel  pushing  out  then  also  we  still  have  to  cure  the  bacterial  infection  that  is  what  will  kill  her  first,  once  she  is  cured  we  can  look  at  eliminating  the  parasitic  problem.  Also  like  to  mention  the  process  might  take  few  weeks,  reason  being  each  drug  has  an  effect  &  side  effects  so  we  can’t  run  them  all  together,  we  might  cure  the  infection  but  kill  the  fish  due  to  organ  damage,  believe  you  me,  I  have  seen  it  1st  hand.
 From  the  water  conditions  &  location  of  the  infection  &  symptoms  I  feel  you  have  gram  negative  aeromonas  or  pseudomonas  bacterial  infection.  Can’t  pin  point  at  the  moment,  because  she  is  showing  no  external  symptoms.  So  we  have  to  assume  both  are  present  &  select  the  antibiotic  accordingly.  

Medication   choices  .
 The  stage  she  is  in  I  would  say  an  injection  is  the  best  method,  as  the  drug  will  delivered  quickly  to  where  it’s  required  &  be  effective.   This  is  what  I  prefer,  if  you  are  up  to  it.  Drug  choices  are  Oxytetracycline  with  or  without  Enrofloxacin
 2nd  option  is  a  bath  treatment  of  a  absorbable  drug,  Kanamycin.  But  its  difficult  to  source.
 3rd  is  bath  treatment  of  an  absorbable  drug  called  minocycline,  but  it  has  draw  backs,  it  harsh  on  the  kidneys,  so  will  have  to  see  the  fish  before  giving  the  go  ahead.
 4th  is  we  can  force  feed  the  drug  via  the  mouth  with  food.  

But  before  that  kindly  take  the  following  steps,  
 1) Do  large  WC  about  70  %  for  2  days,  starting  today.
 2) Discontinue  flagyl  immediately
 3) Increase  the  aeration  in  the  tank
 4) Have  a  heater  set  to  27  to  29  C  temperatures.
 5) Add  Epsom  salt  to  the  tank,  at  one  sachet  or  packet  per  30  ltrs  of  water.  That  is  if  you  have  kept  the  water  at  half  level  for  ease  of  cleaning  &  drug  administration  then  add  3  sachets/  packets  to  you  tank.  Each  sachet  is  20grams.  It  is  mild  muscle  relaxant,  a  laxative  &  helps  reduce  the  inflammation  building  internally  in  the  fish.
 6) Do  daily  WC  of  40%  to  50  %.
 7) Buy  Methylene  blue  (blue  medicine)  &  dose  that  tank.
 8]        Take  a  close  look  at  your  fish;  look  for  visible  changes  in  the  skin,  fins,  etc.  Will  help  in  diagnosing  better.  do  post  pics  or  explain  what  you  see;  Look  at  her  underside  near  belly  you  should  see  blood  spots,  or  bloody  patch.  Eyes  have  they  bulged  more  than  usual,  base  of  her  fins  &  fin  edge,  these  are  few  you  should  look  for.

Also  do  mention  if  you  are  comfortable  with  giving  injections,  accordingly  will  explain  how  to  go  about  it  in  detail.  If  your  confident  its  easy.
 Do  reply,
 TC
TheChannaGuy
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:52 am Post subject: Re: Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. He Reply with quote

Wow.   Clapping   Brother  Krash,  you  are  a  gem.  Repped  you.   Rock On  Seems  like  reading  a  detective  novel  and  either  the  mystery  is  slowly  unfolding  or  the  plot  is  getting  thicker.  Either  way,  my  interest  in  this  case  has  risen  sky  high.  brother  shashank,  you  are  lucky  to  get  such  detailed  info.  Just  hope  that  your  fishes  survive  and  get  well  soon.
shashank
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:59 pm Post subject: Re: Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. He Reply with quote

It  is  with  tremendous  grief  i  write  this.  My  female  FH  died  today  morning.  When  i  woke  up  at  7,  i  found  her  lying  near  the  front  glass  still  as  a  rock,  motionless  except  for  swaying  due  to  water  current.  

I  don't  know  if  it  was  the  medicine  overdose  or  the  lack  of  expertise  in  handling  the  fish  which  killed  her,  but  it  hurt  a  lot  to  lose  her  after  having  her  for  nearly  2  years  with  me   Sad   Sad  i  pray  her  soul  rests  in  peace.

I  wish  someone  had  told  me  of  the  grave  error  i'd  committed  before  it  was  too  late.

I  don't  think  i  can  digest  the  fact  that  my  carelessness  lead  to  her  death.  Its  best  i  stay  out  of  this  hobby.

I'm  planning  on  giving  up  my  male  FH,  along  with  the  tank  and  filter.  Once  he  recovers  i'll  put  him  up  for  adoption,  and  it  is  my  humble  request  to  anyone  with  adequate  knowledge  to  take  him  and  provide  a  proper  home  with  adequate  care.

Meanwhile,  my  male  FH  needs  your  help  badly  Krash  and  Kastor.  He's  too  weak  to  swim  around,  lies  in  the  at  the  bottom  of  the  tank  mostly,  hasn't  eaten  since  flagyl  was  added  to  the  tank.  I  notice  a  slight  bulge  in  his  left  eye  and  stomach,  though  no  change  in  body  coloration.  I'm  attaching  a  pic  and  video  for  your  reference.  
 I've  performed  the  following  changes  to  the  tank:
 1.  80%  water  change,  cleaned  the  entire  tank  and  filter  of  any  flagyl  deposits  left.  Tank  is  at  its  full  capacity  in  terms  of  water  now.
 2.  Added  non-iodised  salt.
 3.  My  canister  and  an  air  pump  is  running.
 4.  Water  temp  at  28  C

Please  let  me  know  what  needs  to  be  done.

Picasa  link:
 https://picasaweb.google.com/102370163467392936585/MaleFH?authkey=Gv1sRgCLeC-er68ouo8QE#5682192376951601586

Youtube  link  it  is  a  HD  video
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_V-AmP9y_4
shashank
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:04 pm Post subject: Re: Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. He Reply with quote

Here  are  a  few  shots,  just  before  i  buried  her:

[img]https://picasaweb.google.com/102370163467392936585/Flowerhorn?authkey=Gv1sRgCLa-2uX98M--aA#5682192072661707698[/img]

[img]https://picasaweb.google.com/102370163467392936585/Flowerhorn?authkey=Gv1sRgCLa-2uX98M--aA#5682192152484182418[/img]

Goodbye  my  friend   Sad  you'll  be  sorely  missed  by  everyone  in  the  family     Sad   :sad:

Incase  the  above  doesn't  work,this  is  the  link

https://picasaweb.google.com/102370163467392936585/Flowerhorn?authkey=Gv1sRgCLa-2uX98M--aA#5682192152484182418
krash
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:21 pm Post subject: Re: Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. He Reply with quote

Shashank,

the  last  thing  you  should  do  is  give  up,  due  to  death  of  your  pet  fish.  She  had  fruitful  life  with  you.   Cheer Up  

She  didn't  die  because  you  made  mistake,  but  due  to  the  fact  that  it  is  difficult  to  diagnose  fish  diseases  accurately.  And  at  times  we  never  get  it  right.  

I  was  following  your  thread,  &  seeing  that  you  where  getting  help.  I  happened  to  read  your  thread  again  2  days  back  &  realised  what  she  got,  &  thats  why  i  mentioned  she  had  a  50  -50  chance.  (didn't  want  to  dis-hearten  you).  But  my  fears  have  come  true.
 But  dont  worry  the  best  of  the  best  get  it  wrong,  My  vet  for  my  dog  sometimes  gets  it  wrong,  &  they  have  studied  for  years  for  the  profession.  And  fish  its  difficult  because  for  many  diseases  they  exhibit  similar  symptoms.  So  it  is  confusing.
 Honestly  the  fact  you  dosed  wrong  did  quicken  the  process,  but  she  was  already  on  danger  line.  Which  is  also  why  i  recommended  a  injection.

Now  will  check  your  pics  &  video  as  best  as  i  can  &  recheck  my  diagnosis  or  reconfirm  it.

will  get  back  in  an  hour  or  so  do  check  back  in  an  hour.

TC
krash
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:27 pm Post subject: Re: Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. He Reply with quote

Shashank,

I  saw  his  video,  but  its  has  very  dull  lighting,  can  you  post  it  again  with  brighter  lighting.

If  you  cant,  at  least  shine  a  torch  &  focus  the  beam  &  move  it  around  so  we  can  see  all  the  areas  highlighted.

Will  help  greatly.  I  am  checking  the  dead  FH  pics  as  of  now,  &  i  know  what  killed  her,  but  i  dont  want  to  assume  both  have  the  same.

Regards
TheChannaGuy
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:33 pm Post subject: Re: Flowerhorn face turns black, not eating since 5 days. He Reply with quote

Sorry  mods,  buy  just  one  last  word  for  my  grieving  friend  here.  Brother  shshank,  I  have  no  words  left  to  express  my  grief.   Sad   Sad   Sad   Sad   Sad   Sad   Sad   Sad   Sad   Sad   I  know  that  its  hard  for  you,  but  to  find  the  actual  cause  of  death  and  save  the  life  of  the  male  while  we  still  have  time,  it  will  be  worthwhile  if  you  find  the  heart  to  conduct  a  post-mortem  on  your  dead  fish.  Just  a  slit  near  the  anal  pore  to  find  the  cause  of  the  bulge.  though  my  request  seems  inhuman  at  this  stage,  know  that  it  will  save  the  life  of  another  long  time  and  dear  friend.  Brother  Krash  will  get  a  definite  direction  to  guide  you  into  saving  your  male  fish.  Please  do  it.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Diseases & Cures All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: