56. Guest
57. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,825

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Dance of the Golden Dragon
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Dance of the Golden Dragon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Betta Bitten and other Labyrinths
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tu13dekh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:46 pm Post subject: Re: Dance of the Golden Dragon Reply with quote

Quote:                
Good  luck  breeding.  I  would  love  to  see  some  grumpy  spawn.                  

@deepak:  I  would  go  against  your  opinion  and  ask  anyone  not  breed  that  female.  Also,  are  you  sure  it  is  a  female?
 Deepak,  regarding  fin  rot,  have  you  ever  seen  a  HM  female  or  a  short  finned  betta  (pk,  hmpk  etc)  male  or  female  suffering  from  fin  rot?  Ever?

@all:  I  dont  deny  encouragement  is  bad,  but  lets  call  white  as  white  and  black  as  black,  so  that  this  new  hobbyist  does  not  pay  through  his  nose  and  buys  substandard  bettas  next  time.  This  so  called  giant  and  the  spoon  head  pk  as  well  as  the  HM  are  extremely  ordinary  and  average.

At  least  I  will  be  honest.   Thumb Up  

Cheers
navneethtk
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:05 pm Post subject: Re: Dance of the Golden Dragon Reply with quote

why  does  every  betta  have  to  be  100%  good?  you  might  as  well  import  all  the  best  bettas  breed  them  and  done,  there's  nothing  great  of  an  achievement  if  you  do  that.  "regular","ordinary"  and  "average"  bettas  are  what  you  have  to  start  with  and  then  keep  breeding  them  for  generations  until  you  arrive  at  a  good  one!  that's  an  achievement,  not  buying  the  best  and  breeding  them,  anyone  can  do  that.

if  everything  has  to  be  100%  good  i  could've  got  shiro  line  shrimps  and  bred  them,  hobby  katham,  breding  katham.  there's  nothing  great  about  that.

and  i  have  a  question,  why  can't  short  finned  bettas  get  fin  rot?  just  generally  asking.  google  showed  me  this:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvIt9imsiRs
 plakat  with  fin  rot.

@chetan-  good  explanation-you  should  make  threads  on  betta  keeping,  betta  breeding  and  genes  and  maybe  it'll  be  made  into  a  sticky  topic.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
tu13dekh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:27 pm Post subject: Re: Dance of the Golden Dragon Reply with quote

@navneeth:  How  many  bettas  have  u  bred?  Again,  your  ranting  is  absolutely  without  any  sense,  purpose  and  logic.
navneethtk
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:31 pm Post subject: Re: Dance of the Golden Dragon Reply with quote

my  "ranting"  has  nothing  to  with  how  many  bettas  i  have  bred.  i  am  just  saying  that  you  don't  ned  some  100%  good  bettas  all  the  time,  i  don't  need  to  be  betta  breeder  to  say  that.  i  have  said  what  i  wanted  to  man,  i  am  not  ranting.  it  takes  a  simple  mind  to  understand  what  i'm  saying,  link  it  with  what  you've  said  and  you'll  get  it.  learn  to  appreciate  and  not  just  pin  point  at  all  the  bad  things.

i'm  not  replying  again  after  this.

@thebluearatus-sorry  for  ruining  your  thread  man,  keep  us  posted  on  your  bettas,  i  like  them!

Last edited by navneethtk on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
chethanraoap
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:47 pm Post subject: Re: Dance of the Golden Dragon Reply with quote

@abhis9:  Thank  you,  

@Nav:  Thank  you!  but  I  am  still  learner  there  are  ppl  having  better  experience  than  me  and  withlot  of  knowledge.  wait  for  the  experienced  person  to  come  forward  and  initiate..  it.
thebluearatus
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:37 pm Post subject: Re: Dance of the Golden Dragon Reply with quote

Got  one  more  giant  today     :cheer:

now  all  four  of  them  have  their  own  tanks   Very Happy
deepakg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:24 am Post subject: Re: Dance of the Golden Dragon Reply with quote

Beautiful.  Where  r  u  getting  these  beautifully  bettas  from?  Please  pm  me  the  sourse  and  cost.   Smile
Kuna
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:26 am Post subject: Re: Dance of the Golden Dragon Reply with quote

Nice  collection   Thumb Up
Amazonian2010
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:27 am Post subject: Re: Dance of the Golden Dragon Reply with quote

totally  loved  them..Agree  with  Deepak  please  PM  me  the  cost  and  source  too.
sachianu
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:32 pm Post subject: Re: Dance of the Golden Dragon Reply with quote

Gone  thro  entire  post.  It  excites  me.  I  have  been  having  bettas  for  2  years  now.  Never  thought  of  breeding  It  is  encouraging  to  see  so  many  inputs  ...
 @thebluearatus  -  the  white  ones  are  beatiful.  Please  PM  me  from  where  I  can  source  and  price...
thebluearatus
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:06 am Post subject: Re: Dance of the Golden Dragon Reply with quote

Thank  you,  sachianu,  Amazonia.  Deepak   Very Happy     I  am  not  pretty  sure  of  the  rates,  as  i  got  it  from  a  friend  ,  whose  father  was  returning  from  Malaysia,  with  some  rare  perennial  plants  for  himself.  

Actually  i  had  asked  for  plecos,  But  he  got  these  bettas  from  some  rice  farm  in  there  instead,  as  he  did  not  have  too  much  time  to  visit  the  proper  shops.  But  still  ,  i  am  very  happy  with  these   Very Happy.  i  am  not  very  sure  of  where  to  get  them  in  india,  as  i  have  only  kept  ordinary  bettas  available  in  the  LFS.   Smile
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Betta Bitten and other Labyrinths All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: