Joined: Aug 08, 2005 Posts: 63 Location: calicut,kerala
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:01 pm Post subject: Re: Severum not eating. Case of bloat??
Seperate the fish, quarantine it.
Stop feeding with artificial food.
Give some (washed) juvenile earth worms ( very small ones,<1.5inch.in size. Don't give small pieces of big worms instead.)
I have saved one of my green terrors with the same treatment.
But try this at your own risk.
Joined: Feb 25, 2011 Posts: 290 Location: Pune-18°29'49.8"N 73°48'38.7"E
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:02 pm Post subject: Re: Severum not eating. Case of bloat??
tetracyclin= teramycin(pfizer) available in any med store usualy comes in capsules of 250mg and 500mg put 1 500mg in your 2ft tank or 2 250mg open the capsule and put the powder inside it
every 24 hours with a 25% water change before each treatment.
put some rock salt 3-4tb spoon (big grain salt non iodised) ask your mom she l tell u...it is used in our food also
Joined: Dec 31, 2010 Posts: 253 Location: Bangalore
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:11 am Post subject: Re: Severum not eating. Case of bloat??
My Severum doesn't seem to get better.
I have tried the following:
- Removed him from the 5 feet tank and put him in a 2 feet hospital tank
- Added 3 -4 table spoon of rock salt to water for past 3 days
- Added Resticlene (teracyclene capsule, different company from Teramycin but same composition) -- 2 capsules per day
- Changed 50% water twice a day before adding the medication
- Maintained water temperature between 29 - 30 degrees
- Running power filter for water circulation / oxygenation
I'm observerving the following behavior in him:
- Been little active since i moved him to separate tank. Swims around the tank and sometimes up and down at same place
- sometimes found sitting at the bottom at one place
- No more white stringy poo observed
- But seen some white stuff on the tank floor. It is not stringy though. But looks like small amount of white poo in the form of dung.
- Not eating I tried to feed cichlid flakes and freeze dried blood worms
Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:14 am Post subject: Re: Severum not eating. Case of bloat??
I am no expert on the same but few months ago i read in IAH someone treating his FH bloat with boiled green peas and Spinach.Make sure you search enough before you apply the same and I just remebered it.
Nice fish you have there and hope to see it playing again.
As you can notice from the video, the breathing is quite slow and irregular.
The area near the nose has become red in color.
Also you can notice a little bit of jerky motion at 25 - 30 secs in the video. This jerky motion is very less as compared to what I have noticed sometimes before.
If you get some idea regarding the illness from this video, pls let me know
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum