31. Guest
32. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,426

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - My betta needs help
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

My betta needs help

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Betta Bitten and other Labyrinths
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nandy
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:52 am Post subject: My betta needs help Reply with quote

Hi  All,
 Seems  to  be  some  problem  with  my  betta.  Doing  WC  regularly  (once  in  2  days)  still  facing  this  problem.
 Treated  him  with  Bactonil  and  rock  salt.  I'm  worried  about  the  red  marks  on  his  tail.

Pics:  

Experts  please  help.

Thanks,
 Nandan
bettalover
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:17 am Post subject: Re: My betta needs help Reply with quote

Thats  fin  rot.  problem  is  with  the  water...  I  would  suggest  100%  water  change  first  and  then  50%  water  change  every  2  days.  Also  include  an  IAL  in  the  water.  Hoping  for  a  speedy  recovery.
nandy
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:30 am Post subject: Re: My betta needs help Reply with quote

bettalover  wrote  (View  Post):                
Thats  fin  rot.  problem  is  with  the  water...  I  would  suggest  100%  water  change  first  and  then  50%  water  change  every  2  days.  Also  include  an  IAL  in  the  water.  Hoping  for  a  speedy  recovery.                

Thanks  deeps..  So  water  is  culprit!!  Currently  doing  the  amount  of  WC..
bettalover
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:37 am Post subject: Re: My betta needs help Reply with quote

for  finrot,  as  far  as  I  know,  water  is  the  main  culprit..  also,  feed  him  some  high  protein  food  to  let  him  fight  the  finrot.  Smile  do  maintain  the  temperature  at  81  degrees  F
nandy
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:40 am Post subject: Re: My betta needs help Reply with quote

@bettalover  :  Temp  is  28  deg..  Currently  feeding  him  Hikari..
 Live  food  are  bit  risky  at  this  stage  as  it  will  the  water  condition..
 Planning  to  use  bisleri  water  for  him..
menonabhishek
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:39 am Post subject: Re: My betta needs help Reply with quote

Bisleri  water  does  not  contain  the  essential  minerals  and  vitamins  needed  for  the  aquarium.  

Let  the  water  stand  in  a  bucket  for  2-3  days  before  adding  it  to  the  aquarium.
 You  could  use  some  water  conditioner's  available  in  the  market.  There  are  a  number  of  products  that  can  help  you  establish  and  maintain  water  quality.
 There  are  also  some  fin-rot  medicines  available  in  the  market  that  you  could  use.

Wishing  for  a  speedy  recovery  Smile
scarab
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:21 am Post subject: Re: My betta needs help Reply with quote

Dear  Nandy

Maintain  the  temperature  at  30  degrees  and  add  some  Tetracycline  with  his  food(available  at  any  med  store  in  the  form  of  capsules)
 Worked  for  me  with  10  or  more  fighters  of  mine.When  doing  water  changes  try  making  sure  the  new  water(aged  for  4-5  days)  is  at  the  same  required  temp(ie  30degrees),  helps  reducing  the  stress  on  him.  
 To  keep  in  mind  fighters  get  half  their  probs  due  to  stress!!!
 Follow  these  steps  faithfully  and  you  will  see  drastic  and  fast  changes  .  The  tetracycline  is  not  a  must  but  it  gets  his  appetite  going(more  like  an  anti  biotic)  
 Addition  of  ial  is  a  must  though,  helps  maintain  and  regulate  the  pH(soft)

First  few  good  signs  are  he  will  start  becoming  active  and  stop  being  finicky  about  his  food(hikari  is  good  food)  ,  2nd  the  red  on  his  fin  edges  or  any  tiny  holes  on  his  fins  stop  to  increase  and  go  away,  Finally  his  fins  start  to  grow  back  slowly(  fins  of  males  tend  to  grow  back  slowly  when  compared  to  females),you'd  see  dark  to  black   edges  taking  the  place  of  the  red  on  his  fins  .Keep  in  mind  his  fins  might  not  grow  back  to  his  earlier  glory,  but  should  keep  him  in  the  game.  best  of  lucky  with  the  recovery.

Regards
 Sandeep(scarab)
nandy
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:42 pm Post subject: Re: My betta needs help Reply with quote

menonabhishek  wrote  (View  Post):                
Bisleri  water  does  not  contain  the  essential  minerals  and  vitamins  needed  for  the  aquarium.  

Let  the  water  stand  in  a  bucket  for  2-3  days  before  adding  it  to  the  aquarium.
 You  could  use  some  water  conditioner's  available  in  the  market.  There  are  a  number  of  products  that  can  help  you  establish  and  maintain  water  quality.
 There  are  also  some  fin-rot  medicines  available  in  the  market  that  you  could  use.

Wishing  for  a  speedy  recovery  Smile                

Thanks  Abhishek..  I'm  using  a  medicine  called  Bactonil  which  fights  for  fin  rots..

scarab  wrote  (View  Post):                

Dear  Nandy

Maintain  the  temperature  at  30  degrees  and  add  some  Tetracycline  with  his  food(available  at  any  med  store  in  the  form  of  capsules)
 Worked  for  me  with  10  or  more  fighters  of  mine.When  doing  water  changes  try  making  sure  the  new  water(aged  for  4-5  days)  is  at  the  same  required  temp(ie  30degrees),  helps  reducing  the  stress  on  him.  
 To  keep  in  mind  fighters  get  half  their  probs  due  to  stress!!!
 Follow  these  steps  faithfully  and  you  will  see  drastic  and  fast  changes  .  The  tetracycline  is  not  a  must  but  it  gets  his  appetite  going(more  like  an  anti  biotic)  
 Addition  of  ial  is  a  must  though,  helps  maintain  and  regulate  the  pH(soft)

First  few  good  signs  are  he  will  start  becoming  active  and  stop  being  finicky  about  his  food(hikari  is  good  food)  ,  2nd  the  red  on  his  fin  edges  or  any  tiny  holes  on  his  fins  stop  to  increase  and  go  away,  Finally  his  fins  start  to  grow  back  slowly(  fins  of  males  tend  to  grow  back  slowly  when  compared  to  females),you'd  see  dark  to  black   edges  taking  the  place  of  the  red  on  his  fins  .Keep  in  mind  his  fins  might  not  grow  back  to  his  earlier  glory,  but  should  keep  him  in  the  game.  best  of  lucky  with  the  recovery.

Regards
 Sandeep(scarab)

Thanks  Sandeep.  This  fellow  is  suffering  from  rot  quite  often..  Hoping  for  a  speedy  recovery..
 All  these  days,  I  had  seen  only  the  fins  getting  damaged  but  never  seen  red  marks  ..  So  I  was  bit  worried  about  the  red  marks..  

Thanks,
 Nandan
scarab
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:00 pm Post subject: Re: My betta needs help Reply with quote

Few  things  i  wish  to  point  out  is  that  fin  rot  is  caused  due  to  the  immune  system  not  being  able  to  fight  away  the  bacteria  that  has  streamed  into  the  body  of  the  Betta!!  Which  under  normal  and  healthy  condition,  the  Betta  can  generally  withstand  and  fight  away  but  once  a  certain  thresh  hold  is  breached  they  tend  to  become  gullible  to  any  disease  

The  water  is  maintained  at  30deg  and  kept  clean  just  to  avoid  any  further  external  source  of  stress!!  Rock   salt  helps  in  eliminating  the  condition  for  survival  of  any  microbes,fungi  etc.  and  helps  healing  externally  and  the  water  is  changed  frequently  to  avoid  ammonia  build  up  which  is  one  of  the  main  causes  of  fin  rot

Hope  this  helps  you  find  the  real  cause  to  your  Betta  falling  ill  often.

Regards

Sandeep
nandy
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:57 pm Post subject: Re: My betta needs help Reply with quote

scarab  wrote  (View  Post):                
Few  things  i  wish  to  point  out  is  that  fin  rot  is  caused  due  to  the  immune  system  not  being  able  to  fight  away  the  bacteria  that  has  streamed  into  the  body  of  the  Betta!!  Which  under  normal  and  healthy  condition,  the  Betta  can  generally  withstand  and  fight  away  but  once  a  certain  thresh  hold  is  breached  they  tend  to  become  gullible  to  any  disease  

The  water  is  maintained  at  30deg  and  kept  clean  just  to  avoid  any  further  external  source  of  stress!!  Rock  ┬ásalt  helps  in  eliminating  the  condition  for  survival  of  any  microbes,fungi  etc.  and  helps  healing  externally  and  the  water  is  changed  frequently  to  avoid  ammonia  build  up  which  is  one  of  the  main  causes  of  fin  rot

Hope  this  helps  you  find  the  real  cause  to  your  Betta  falling  ill  often.

Regards

Sandeep                

Thanks  Sandeep..
 Nice  info  Thumb Up
bettalover
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:43 am Post subject: Re: My betta needs help Reply with quote

hw  is  he  doing??
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Betta Bitten and other Labyrinths All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: