65. Guest
66. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,758

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - A new Adventure !!!
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

A new Adventure !!!
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Marine Fishes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaival
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:29 am Post subject: Re: A new Adventure !!! Reply with quote

thanks  Veeral  but  the  thing  is  there  is  no  amonia  spike  seen  in  testkits  i  check  it  every  2  days.  no  ich  was  there  for  sure.  so  that  is  also  not  possible.  
 thanks  for  complimenting  on  the  pics  Smile
deepakg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:17 am Post subject: Re: A new Adventure !!! Reply with quote

Very  cute..  Smile
Deba
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:11 am Post subject: Re: A new Adventure !!! Reply with quote

Great  rock  making.......  Thumb Up
ramsarma1972
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:44 pm Post subject: Re: A new Adventure !!! Reply with quote

On  the  skimmer  i  have  a  few  suggestions:

The  skimmer  is  an  in  sump  model  so,  please  try  to  place  it  inside  the  sump.  The  Weipro  models  are  not  properly  calibrated  and  so  you  will  definitely  have  to  maintain  a  higher  water  level  than  what  is  indicated  on  the  skimmer.  The  water  level  indicated  is  for  the  level  in  the  sump  and  not  inside  the  skimmer.  Inside  the  skimmer  you  should  maintain  water  level  about  4  to  6  inches  below  the  collection  cup.  Keep  the  air  intake  fully  open.  Try  using  an  over  rated  pump  than  what  is  indicated  in  the  skimmer.  You  may  have  skimmate  overflowing  for  a  couple  of  days  and  you  will  have  to  play  with  the  water  level  and  air  intake  by  trial  and  error  for  the  skimmer  to  settle  down.  This  has  been  my  experience  with  Weipro  skimmer  before  i  finally  gave  up  and  bought  a  better  skimmer.  If  you  can  afford  go  in  for  a  change  in  skimmer  and  use  this  as  a  spare!!!
jaival
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:08 am Post subject: Re: A new Adventure !!! Reply with quote

ramsarma1972  wrote  (View  Post):                
On  the  skimmer  i  have  a  few  suggestions:

The  skimmer  is  an  in  sump  model  so,  please  try  to  place  it  inside  the  sump.  The  Weipro  models  are  not  properly  calibrated  and  so  you  will  definitely  have  to  maintain  a  higher  water  level  than  what  is  indicated  on  the  skimmer.  The  water  level  indicated  is  for  the  level  in  the  sump  and  not  inside  the  skimmer.  Inside  the  skimmer  you  should  maintain  water  level  about  4  to  6  inches  below  the  collection  cup.  Keep  the  air  intake  fully  open.  Try  using  an  over  rated  pump  than  what  is  indicated  in  the  skimmer.  You  may  have  skimmate  overflowing  for  a  couple  of  days  and  you  will  have  to  play  with  the  water  level  and  air  intake  by  trial  and  error  for  the  skimmer  to  settle  down.  This  has  been  my  experience  with  Weipro  skimmer  before  i  finally  gave  up  and  bought  a  better  skimmer.  If  you  can  afford  go  in  for  a  change  in  skimmer  and  use  this  as  a  spare!!!                

thank  you  verymuch,  will  fiddle  around  with  the  stuff  in  a  week  and  will  update  you  
 thanks  once  again  for  explaining,  this  should  be  helpful
mmb19000
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:13 pm Post subject: Re: A new Adventure !!! Reply with quote

Wow  ..Jaival..Now  u  r  into  Marine..

Superb  tank..

now  I  love  to  visit  your  place  ASAP  

All  the  best..
jaival
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:30 pm Post subject: Re: A new Adventure !!! Reply with quote

thanks  Maulik,  most  welcome  Smile
jaival
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:00 pm Post subject: Re: A new Adventure !!! Reply with quote

thanks  Maulik,  most  welcome  Smile
jaival
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:06 pm Post subject: Re: A new Adventure !!! Reply with quote

Been  quite  long  since  i  updated  

the  tank  is  doing  good,  no  mortalities  all  stock  growing  and  eating  like  pigs  
 algae  is  taking  up  the  tank  
 and  most  importantly  with  gods  grace  and  lots  of  hardwork  and  prayings  the  skimmer  has  finally  started  to  show  some  foaming   :dance   :dance   :dance  

added  plenty  of  shells  around  30  to  avoid  aggression  between  the  hermits.  they  both  are  now  in  display  tank  and  are  shifting  from  one  shell  to  another.  its  fun  watching  them.  

got  the  QT  tank  and  stand  today.  will  set  it  up  and  set  running  with  the  following  stuff
 24X12X15  tank
 stand
 canopy  with  9  W  light
 heater
 eheim  2217  (suggestions  needed  here)  should  i  ??  with  no  media  or  just  ceramic  rings  
 OR  bio  sponge  filter  airdriven  
 lots  of  PVC  pipes  for  hiding  
 anything  missing  please  let  me  know.  

this  weekend  i  am  expecting  the  following  stock  
 1  powder  blue  tang  
 9  blue  green  chromis
 1  algae  eating  blenny
 2  percula  clown  

1  flame  angel  (eating  pellets  hikari)
 blue  small  starfish  (very  nice  and  active)  both  this  fishes  needs  suggestions  to  keep  from  you  guys.   

all  the  above  fishes  are  in  QT  at  LFS  in  near  city  and  are  imported,  he  sends  me  the  video  every  day  with  different  angles  of  them  feeding.  the  flame  angel  also  accepts  the  food  very  nicely  soo  still  thinking  whether  to  get  or  not.  any  help  here....  ??  

also  getting  some  hermits  and  snails  for  the  tank.  not  sure  when  they  will  come  i  am  waiting.  

thanks  for  reading  any  suggestions  on  stocking  and  setting  up  QT  is  most  welcomed.
nanomania
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:44 pm Post subject: Re: A new Adventure !!! Reply with quote

Everything  is  perfect...  but  i  guess  the  blue  starfish  you  are  taliking  about  is  linkia  starfish..if  its  that,  then  its  a  really  difficult  starfish  to  care  for  and  very  delicate.  its  too  early  to  add  starfish....you  can  go  for  choclate  chips  or  brittle.  why  u  wana  stockup  QT  tank?  its  for  new  fish  or  ill  fish....  for  QT,  just  a  skimmer  and  some  powerheads  for  flow  is  enough...  i  guess  its  better  you  keep  it  empty,  if  any  of  the  fish  becomes  ill,  you  can  add  it  in  the  tank  at  that  time  for  treating....
jaival
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:27 pm Post subject: Re: A new Adventure !!! Reply with quote

Nope  its  not.  i  am  trying  to  upload  the  pics  but  not  uploading  dont  know  why  ??
 yeah  i  know  its  difficult  thats  the  reason  i  am  asking  everyone.  the  QT  will  be  for  my  new  fishes  as  well  as  for  ill  fishes.  
 my  plan  is  to  keep  any  fish  for  2  weeks  in  this  QT  before  introducing  them  to  display  tank.  this  is  my  emergency  QT  not  permanent  QT  .....
jaival
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:33 pm Post subject: Re: A new Adventure !!! Reply with quote

soo  here  we  go.....  

Nonza
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:06 pm Post subject: Re: A new Adventure !!! Reply with quote

I  would  pass  on  the  Powder  Blue  and  Flame...  for  now,,,  Wait  till  your  tank  is  mature.
jaival
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:23 pm Post subject: Re: A new Adventure !!! Reply with quote

ohkieeee  thanks  Smile  powderblue  i  have  committed  soo  ll  have  to  talk  with  the  lfs  but  flame  was  on  hold  so  will  pass  on  the  flame.
Nonza
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:52 pm Post subject: Re: A new Adventure !!! Reply with quote

If  you  can  get  out  the  powder  blue,  would  be  better.

I  have  NEVER  kept  a  powder  blue,  but  supposedly,  they  can  be  aggressive,  and  better  to  add  them  last.  I  have  observed  that  some  species  of  tangs,  usually  Zebrasoma,  can  get  quite  aggressive  when  dwarf  angels  like  the  flame  are  added  after  them.  This  is  just  my  experience.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Marine Fishes All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: