203. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,750

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Self Introduction
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Self Introduction
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 93, 94, 95  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> New Members and Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevor
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:49 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Asha  wrote  (View  Post):                

Doing  well  but  need  to  connect  with  other  aquarists  in  Delhi  to  maintain  sanity.  This  is  quite  a  junglee  city  with  nothing  here  except  cars  and  moneyed  Punjabis.
 Am  interested  in  discus  but  am  frightened  to  start.
 The  ones  I  saw  here  in  shops  at  Lajpatnagar  and  Sarojini  Nagar  Market  are  in  pretty  bad  shape.
 Is  there  a  saviour  around?
 Ashok                

Welcome  to  IAH  Ashok.  I  am  sure  you  will  have  a  great  time  here.  There  are  a  lot  of  planted  tank  guys  in  Delhi.  Maybe  a  bit  shy  to  show  their  planted  tanks.  But  I  am  quite  sure  you  will  make  a  lot  of  aquarists  friends......
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:57 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  Everybody,
 MY  name  is  Ashok  and  I  now  live  in  Delhi  after  having  shifted  from  Bombay  two  years  ago.  Always  was  a  fish  keeper  and  I  used  to  breed  blood  red  betas  during  my  college  days  decades  ago.  Went  on  and  off  the  hoby  because  of  various  personal  problems.
 Just  returned  from  Hong  Kong  and  have  got  back  into  the  hobby  with  a  small  15  inch  all  glass  aquarium  that  they  make  there.  It's  incredibly  cute  and  i  have  8  varieties  of  plants  bought  from  Nautica  in  Bombay  and  have  11  fish  in  the  tank.
 Doing  well  but  need  to  connect  with  other  aquarists  in  Delhi  to  maintain  sanity.  This  is  quite  a  junglee  city  with  nothing  here  except  cars  and  moneyed  Punjabis.
 Am  interested  in  discus  but  am  frightened  to  start.
 The  ones  I  saw  here  in  shops  at  Lajpatnagar  and  Sarojini  Nagar  Market  are  in  pretty  bad  shape.
 Is  there  a  saviour  around?
 Ashok                

Ashok,  Welcome  to  IAH.  Yes....  I  am  agree  with  you.  Delhi  is  really  not  a  good  place  for  a  new  comer  who  wants  to  start  hobby  (Same  thing  happened  for  me  4  years  before).   Give  me  a  buzz  @9891540469.  Will  try  to  help  you  out  on  what  you  want.  And  join  Aquarium  Club  Delhi  (ACD)  to  know  the  local  hobby  and  hobbyiests  better,

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Community.aspx?cmm=27172792
Yogesh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:23 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Am  interested  in  discus  but  am  frightened  to  start                

There's  nothing  to  get  frightened  for  starting  with  discus.
 Read  some  archived  posts  or  startup  your  own  and  you  will  get  enough  information  right  from  selection,  food,  water  changes,  diseases  etc.
 Welcome  to  IAH  &  discus  world.  Smile
Asha
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:11 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Thanks  everybody,  especially  Tirtha.  Shall  phone  you  tonight  as  I  have  just  arrived  from  a  quick  trip  for  work  to  UP.
 regards  to  all.  Hope  to  start  with  Discuss  soon.
 Ashok
Jude
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:32 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi,  
   I'm  Jude  from  Chennai.  A  software  architect  by  profession,  i've  just  revived  my  interests  in  aquariums.  Used  to  have  about  6  aquariums  about  15  years  back;  Just  got  back  into  the  hobby  with  a  35-40  sq.ft  garden  pond.  I  intend  to  set  up  a  4'x2'  planted  aquarium  very  soon  (i've  got  one  small  2'  aquarium  setup  at  the  moment)  .  I  don't  have  any  specific  interests  yet  (in  terms  of  fish  species)  -  but  I'm  sure  i'll  develop  that  as  I  get  deeper  into  the  forum.  I've  been  visiting  IAH  quite  frequently  and  am  so  excited  to  be  a  part  of  this.  
 Regards
 Jude.
vkv
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:55 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Welcome  to  the  community,  Jude.

Lots  of  good  stuff  on  these  forums.
 Look  forward  to  seeing  your  setups  on  IAH...  Thumb Up  

Regards,
 Venkat
Whitesnake
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:36 am Post subject: My Tank Reply with quote

Dear  All,

finally  my  tank  snaps  do  let  me  know  what  are  your  comments.

and  my  new  tank  is  ready  i  have  filled  the  tanks  with  water  will  transfer  my  fish  in  the  new  tank  on  sunday.

like  i  said  I  have  to  thanks  Aditya  for  all  his  help  and  support  

regards,

CD
discusgiri
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:54 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

hi,
         I  am  girish,   i  stay  in  bangalore  and  am  doing  my  final  year  b.com  and  i  am  keeping  discusfish  from  2yrs  .i  tried  to  breed  them  but  still  it  is  in  progrees  .  last  time  i  had  3pairs  of  malbaros  they  where  laying  eggs  but  bad  luck  was  all  3  pairs  was  egg  eaters  .i  tried  by  artificial  method  it  dint  work  for  me  and  i  have  bought  cherry  red  shrimp  last  month  they  breeded  i  have  50  in  number  almost  adult  stage.i  have  5tank  for  discus  and  3tanks  for  shrimps  and  i  have  planted  tank  having  pair  of  krybancey
vksam
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:14 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi
 I  am  Vivek  from  Baroda,  running  a  successful  Internet  Marketing  Company
 Just  found  this  forum  through  Google
 am  a  novice  in  aquariums  but  trying  to  setup  my  1st  aquarium  for  my  office  cabin
 also  wanted  to  be  in  touch  with  other  Barodians  regarding  helping  with  my  tank/fish  setup

regards
 Vivek
herbert
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:14 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi,

My  name  is  Herbert  and  Im  from  Mumbai.  

Just  got  around  to  settign  up  my  tank  (four  feet).  still  in  its  initial  phases.  

Hoping  to  setup  a  nice  planted  tank.  

Lovely  forum  by  the  way
Shankar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:20 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Girish,  Vivek  and  Herbert.   Welcome  

Enjoy  your  stay  here.   Smile
Ravindra
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:23 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  All,  

I  am  a  software  professional  and  currently  working  as  Manager  for  technology  services  at  Theorem.

I  started  keeping  fish  at  home  around  5  years  back..  I  started  off  with  a  small  tank  (42  litres)  and  got  some  regular  small  fish  like  tetras,  mollies,  guppies,  small  sharks,  sucker  fish,  etc.  A  few  days  went  by  and  I  realised  I  am  stuffing  the  small  aquarium  and  so  I  got  a  bigger  tank  (109  litres)  and  then  transferred  the  sharks,  sucker  fish  and  got  gold  fish,  carbs,  etc.  

3  years  back,  one  of  my  cousin,  who  was  going  to  London  for  2  years,  asked  me  if  I  can  keep  his  fish  tank  which  had  9  gold  fish  and  one  black  gold,  which  I  maintained  for  2  years  along  with  my  other  fish  tanks.  

2  years  back,  I  bought  a  flower  horn..  I  believe  its  an  Indian  one  since  it  does  not  have  the  big  hump  which  they  usually  have.  It  was  just  3-4  inches  when  I  bought  it,  so  I  put  it  in  my  first  tank  of  42  litres.  

Meanwhile,  my  cousin  came  back  from  London  and  I  returned  his  fish  tank  and  he  was  so  happy  that  I  took  care  of  them  so  well.  The  simple  aquarium  fishes  that  I  had  grew  so  big  that  they  no  longer  fitted  in  the  109  litres  tank,  so  I  got  a  bigger  tank  of  190  litres.  Another  reason  to  buy  the  tank  was  that  I  was  missing  my  cousins  fish  tank  ;-)  

The  flower-horn  had  grown  up  to  6-7  inches  and  so  I  transferred  him  to  the  109  litres  tank.  Now,  the  small  tank  of  42  litres  has  just  2  sucker  fish  in  it  and  I  added  another  2  albino  suckers.  

Now,  they  are  all  a  happy  family  :-)  

I  have  bigger  plans..  I  want  to  buy  a  big  fish  tank  of  8x2x5  or  something  like  that  and  have  the  most  exotic  setup  (ofcourse  when  I  can  afford  that).  

Meanwhile,  I  am  interested  on  the  bigger  fish  variety  (oscars,  flower-horns,  red-devil,  etc  and  thinking  how  to  proceed  ;-)  

I  had  also  bought  a  turtle  which  didnt  last  long  (3-4  months  or  so).  The  next  time  I  buy,  I  will  make  sure  I  have  a  good  setup  for  them.  

The  above  story  might  be  very  boring  to  many  people  in  this  forum,  but  this  is  me  and  my  story  of  my  fish  collection.  

My  only  other  pet  is  a  dog  who  is  a  cross-breed  (dobberman  with  mongrel)  and  he  is  our  most  adorable  pet  :-)
royal
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:42 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  All..I  am  from  Kolkata.  I  am  sure  there  are  many  members  in  this  forum  from  the  city  of  joy   Rock On  

I  am  a  software  professional  by  occupation...my  real  interest  lies  in  travelling  and  gaming.     Rock On  

I  had  my  first  tank  (30"x12"X12")  while  I  was  studying  engineering...I  was  so  fond  of  it  that  I  took  it  home  when  I  graduated  and  have  maintained  it  for  the  next  6  years   Cheer  I  must  admit  though  that  it  was  a  fairly  common  setup

Coming  back  to  my  present  plans,  I  intend  to  build  a  planted  aquarium  (as  big  as  I  can  afford)  but  before  that  I  will  give  it  a  go  with  my  old  tank,  now  lying  vacant.  I  am  practically  a  noob  when  it  comes  to  aquascaping  so  I  will  be  bugging  you  all  with  my  queries  every  now  and  then   Cheer  

Hope  to  have  a  great  time  here   Cheering
Yogesh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:57 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  royal,

We  have  quite  a  few  members  here  from  Kolkata.  Just  ask  your  queries  and  you  will  be  benefited  with  valuable  guidance  from  various  planted  experts  and  master  aquascapers  here.

Welcome  to  IAH  &  enjoy  your  stay.  Smile
raghu1234
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:05 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi,  

First  of  all  sorry  for  replying  lately  ..Just  saw  this  thread  today.  
 Iam  Raghavendra  from  Satara  (Near  Pune).  Iam  working  as  a  Tech  support  Eng.(hardwere+network)  In  one  of  the  biggest  wind  energy  company  .  Iam  in  to  this  hobby  since  3  years  
 I  currently  have  2   Low  tech  planted  tanks  0f  1x2x2
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  New Members and Beginners All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Page 37 of 95

Jump to: