99. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,858

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Need URGENT Help
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Need URGENT Help
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Diseases & Cures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:59 pm Post subject: Need URGENT Help Reply with quote

One  of  my  Angel  suddenly  Sucked  into  Powerhead  Inlet.  His  Eye  stuck  right  under  the  impellor.  His  Right  eye  just  popped  out  and  got  blood  clodded  arround  the  eye.

He  is  still  alive  but  gasping.  What  to  do?
GatorX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:14 pm Post subject: Re: Need URGENT Help Reply with quote

Put  it  in  a  bag  and  freeze  it..

I  don't  think  it  will  make  it..
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:48 pm Post subject: Re: Need URGENT Help Reply with quote

GatorX  wrote  (View  Post):                
Put  it  in  a  bag  and  freeze  it..

I  don't  think  it  will  make  it..                

Bitter  truth....  but  lets  wait  for  some  more  time.
Shankar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:04 pm Post subject: Re: Need URGENT Help Reply with quote

A  healthy  fish  should  recover  of  an  eye  injury.  Isolate  the  one  and  leave  it  in  with  a  moderate  aeration.  It  can  well  survive  with  a  single  eye.
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pm Post subject: Re: Need URGENT Help Reply with quote

I  didn't  move  it  in  a  new  tank  (Don't  have  an  extra  tank  Sad  ).  But  I  can  see  he  is  recovering.  The  blood  clod  and  eye  swelling  reduced  a  bit.  And  he  started  moving  normally  with  others.   Smile
sandeepraghuvanshi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:42 pm Post subject: Re: Need URGENT Help Reply with quote

Tirath,  
 I  have  often  seen  fish  recover  from  an  eye  injury,  once  an  red  cap  goldfish  and  an  angel  (both  in  diff  tanks)  injured  their  eyes.
 The  red  cap  got  struck  in  inlet  of  siphon,  lost  a  good  deal  of  its  cap  and  one  eye.
 Angel  lost  it  in  a  fight  with  other  angels.
 I  transferred  them  in  a  bucket(seperate)  with  a  airstone,  some  salt  addition,  light  feeding.
 However  recovery  took  more  than  a  month.
 If  you  don't  seperate  it,  the  recovery  might  be  difficult,  further  keeping  water  totally  clean  in  a  community  tank  is  difficult.
 As  and  when  the  fish  recovers,  keep  care  in  feeding  them  ,as  due  to  defective  eyesight,  they  are  at  a  disadvantage  at  feeding  time.
neel12345
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:51 pm Post subject: Re: Need URGENT Help Reply with quote

Angel  should  survive  with  one  eye.  My  favorite  fish  of  all  is  my  angel  which  does  not  have  an  eye  since  birth.  I  mean  ,  instead  of  the  eye  ,  there  is  normal  plain  body,  and  he  is  doing  fine  for  3  and  a  1/2  years.   Smile  

Don't  worry  ,  it  will  be  fine.  Th  most  you  can  do  is  ,  if  you  really  feel  his  sorrow  ,  transfer  him  to  your  six  feet  tank..  he  will  love  the  place  ..  !
saikumar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:52 pm Post subject: Re: Need URGENT Help Reply with quote

neel12345  wrote  (View  Post):                

Don't  worry  ,  it  will  be  fine.  Th  most  you  can  do  is  ,  if  you  really  feel  his  sorrow  ,  transfer  him  to  your  six  feet  tank..  he  will  love  the  place  ..  !                

Surprised  Tirtha,  such  a  biggey!!  

Thats  a  bad  incident,  hope  the  fish  recovers  soon.  My  best  wishes.
bmukh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:43 pm Post subject: Re: Need URGENT Help Reply with quote

If  its  only  the  eye  injury  nothing  to  worry....had  a  neon  whose  eyes  had  been  gouged  out  by  an  angel  once.  It  survived  for  months.  Only  thing  is  I  took  special  care  to  ensure  he/sh  got  a  fair  chance  during  feeding.  So  don't  worry.  Btw,  why  don't  you  isolate  him  in  the  2  feet  tank  in  your  drawing  room?  Cichlids  can  be  aggressive  towards  injured  fish
Kaushik
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:02 pm Post subject: Re: Need URGENT Help Reply with quote

Dear  Tirthankar
 Please  rub  Ockadine  solution  to  the  affected  areas  2  times  daily.  Sure   it  will  recover  from  the  enjury  within  3  days.
 Regards
 Kaushikda
mudjawd
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:13 pm Post subject: Re: Need URGENT Help Reply with quote

i  had  a  neon  tetra  who  lost  and  eye  in  a  gang  war.  lived  like  that  for  another  5-6  months  and  died  a  pretty  natural  death.  if  neons  can  make  it,  then  for  sure  the  angel  Will  make  it.....  why  not  buy  it  a  pirate  style  eye  wear  for  the  fella????  Chuckle
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:55 am Post subject: Re: Need URGENT Help Reply with quote

Thanks  a  lot  everyone.  He  is  doing  absolutely  fine  now.  Smile  Recovered  from  the  initial  shock  (pain!!)  and  roaming  naturally.  I  think  he  will  loose  his  injured  eye  but  otherwise  he  is  alright.  

@Sandeep....  thanks  a  lot  for  the  inputs.  But  actually  both  my  angel  pairs  are  staying  at  different  corner  of  the  4  feeter.  And  no  one  dare  to  cross  the  LOC.  So  this  injured  one  is  secured  from  others  attack.  And  as  being  a  matured  planted  tank,  do  you  think  the  water  quality  still  ca  be  a  problem  to  recover?  Anyway...  I  did  change  50%  water  today  to  stay  in  safer  side.

@Koushik  Da/Bappa  Da....  I  didn't  move  him  to  that  2  feeter  (I  had  to  rip  out  that  R&D  setup  apart  that  you  have  seen)  or  didn't  apply  any  oral  medicine  thinking  it  will  stress  the  fish  more  while  doing  so.  

@Neel  ....  I  don't  have  a  6  feeter,  thats  just  a  4  feeter  and  angels  are  there  only  for  last  couple  of  months.  :)

@Sai....  how  it  can  be...  that  I  will  get  another  6  feeter  and  you  will  not  get  that  news   Chuckle
nimmat
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:21 am Post subject: Re: Need URGENT Help Reply with quote

I  have  had  similar  injuries  to  fish  in  the  past  and  they  have  gone  along  to  live  a  full  healthy  life.  In  the  wild  it  may  be  a  different  scenario  as  then  they  follow  the  rule  of  "Survival  of  the  fittest".

Had  a  telescope  veiltail  goldfish  that  got  its  eye  stuck  in  some  bogwood  and  lost  the  entire  eye  and  it  lived  happily  for  the  next  4  years  until  I  gave  them  away  to  a  pond  keeper.

Keeping  mbunas  does  result  in  similar  injuries  and  have  had  a  few  times  when  a  labidochromis  male  lost  his  eye  in  a  battle.  He  was  no  longer  the  top  fish  in  the  tank  after  that  but  settled  for  lower  designations  and  had  several  broods  as  well.

I  am  sure  Tirtha  that  this  angel  will  survive  and  do  well  including  spawn  but  may  lack  a  bit  in  parental  care  afterwords.

Good  luck  with  him  :)

Nim
bmukh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:15 am Post subject: Re: Need URGENT Help Reply with quote

Tirtha,
 Remove  him  and  put  him  in  a  bucket  temporarily.  Let  the  blood  vessels  and  other  nervs  that  are  visible  somwhat  heal  first  and  then  put  him  back  in  the  tank.  This  is  because  I  do  nt  know  the  effcts  of  chemicals  (in   your  regular  dosing)  on  th  open  wounds.   So  btter  not  to  take  chances.Its  a  different  thing  that  Joyeeta  will  now  drive  you  out  after  claiming  stakes  now  on  the  buckets  Chuckle   Chuckle
Mohammed Mudassir
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:12 am Post subject: Re: Need URGENT Help Reply with quote

hey  Tirth,
 use  a  500mg  paraxin  capsule(found  at  any  medic  store),  use  of  of  this  in  your  tank,  this  helps  avoid  bacterial  and  fungal  infections  to  the  infected  fish,
 since  you  say  you  cannot  seperate  it  to  a  different  tank  add  the  paraxin  to  the  main  tank,  but  you  will  have  to  perform  25%w/c  alternate  days,and  suppose  if  you  add  the  paraxin  today  perform  a  w/c  tmrw  ,  approx  after  24hrs,  then  add  another  50%  of  paraxin(use  50%  of  the  paraxin  capsule  for  a  100G  tank,  for  a  larger  or  smaller  tank  use  accordingly,
 hope  this  helps  Thumb Up
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Diseases & Cures All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: