188. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,885

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Indica Vista Aura
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Indica Vista Aura
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swapnils
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:44 am Post subject: Indica Vista Aura Reply with quote

Hi  all,

Wanted  to  get  some  feedback  of  our  IAH  members  on  this  car.  My  family  is  thinking  of  buying  it.

The  top  most  requirment  is  
 1)  A  small  car  in  which  5  ppl  can  be  accomodated  comfortably.
 2)  Due  to  empployer's  loan  restriction,  the  Factory  price  should  not  be  more  than  4  lakhs  and  on  road  should  be  less  than  5  Lakhs.  (This  requirement  is  met  with  this  car  so  no  issues)
 3)  Our  use  will  be  below  100  kms  a  week.  (I  doubt  even  that  much)

My  uncle  bought  a  limited  edition  saffire  aura  1  month  back.  I  was  very  impressed  with  the  car.  I  was  impressed  by  this  car  as  i  saw  it  and  was  more  impressed  when  i  drove  it  for  45  mins.

Pros:
 Cheaper  than  any  other  car  in  this  segment.  The  drivability  is  good.  The  sound  inside  the  cabin  is  almost  zero.  Quite  engine  and  no  vibrations  (1.2  L  Fiat  make),  Smooth  gear  box  (Fiat  make),  compared  to  the  featuers  provided  it  is  a  handsome  deal.  Has  Engine  immobilizer,  central  locking  system  (Manual),  power  windows,  hydraulic  power  stearing,  3  -  point  ELR  sealt  belt,  fog  laps  (Front  and  Rear),  Led  lights,  adjustible  steering  wheel  and  front  seats  (2  way),  Warning  buzzers,  child  safety  for  rear  doors,  radial  tubeless  tires  etc

Engine:  65  PS  @5500  rpm
 Max  Torque:  96  NM  @  3000  rpm.
 Brake:  Front  -  Disc,  Back  -  Drum
 Wheel  Base:  3795mm
 Ground  clearance:  1550mm
 Cons:
 The  interior  looks  quite  cheaper  than  the  cars  of  the  competitors.  TATA  still  lacks  in  finishing.  The  music  system  sound  quality  is  not  up  to  the  mark  though  decent.  No  ABS.  No  Airbags.  No  foot  rest  next  to  clutch.  Less  pick  up.  Must  be  due  to  heavy  body  of  the  car  and  who  the  hell  have  to  race  on  the  crowded  mumbai  streets  where  you  can  barely  drive  above  4th  gear.

I  believe  most  of  the  problems  stated  above  can  be  resolved  accrodingly  if  required.

Two  things  of  which  im  not  sure  yet  are:
 1)  After  sales  service
 2)  Mileage.
 3)  Durability

If  anyone  of  you  have  a  feedback  or  any  users  do  post  your  experience.
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:54 am Post subject: Re: Indica Vista Aura Reply with quote

If  you  are  not  looking  for  a  huge  Boot  space,  you  can  think  about  SPARK  too.  I  am  driving  it  for  last  2  years  and  happy  with  the  performance.  It  will  come  within  your  budget  too.
swapnils
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:50 am Post subject: Re: Indica Vista Aura Reply with quote

Spark  will  be  too  small  to  accomadate  3  ppl  on  the  back  seat.
nature_lover
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:05 am Post subject: Re: Indica Vista Aura Reply with quote

Are  you  looking  at  the  petrol  or  diesel?

If  your  running  is  very  low,  as  you  quote  (100  kms  a  week)  a  petrol  would  suffice.  The  Top  End  petrol  Aura  retails  here  at  4.51L  On  road.  Well,  within  your  budget.  Or  if  you  are  planning  to  put  it  onto  weekend  collection  trips,  the  Diesel  Aqua  can  be  yours  for  5.04L.

Irrespective  of  what  people  say  about  Tata  cars,  I  have  always  been  happy  with  my  cars,  Sierra  (135000  kms  -  Sold),  Sumo  (165000  kms  -  Sold),  Indica  V2  Turbo  (134500  kms  and  running  strong)  and  Indigo  Marina  (95000  kms  and  running  strong).  Refinement  is  certainly  not  Tata's  USP.  Value  for  Money  is!!!.

Do  not  skip  your  service  schedules,  align  and  balance  your  wheels  every  5000  kms,  a  good  water  wash  from  a  carwash  every  month  on  the  underside,  you  should  be  left  grinning  with  your  purchase.
swapnils
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:11 pm Post subject: Re: Indica Vista Aura Reply with quote

Thanks  for  the  help  Suraj.  The  Saffire  Aura  is  a  petrol  variant.  Saffire  a  fiat  petrol  engine.  and  there  is  quadrajet  that  is  a  fiats  disel  engine.

Can  you  suggest  what  accessories  i  should  look  for  Vista.  I  have  got  some  reviews  on  mouthshut  that  the  A/c  is  not  really  strong  in  vista.  So  accroding  to  me  getting  sunfilm  on  the  glasses  would  help  to  some  extent  to  improve  the  cooling.

How  is  the  after  sales  service  of  TATA?
ramjn
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:48 pm Post subject: Re: Indica Vista Aura Reply with quote

IMHO,  1.2  L  65  PS  for  a  car  like  Indica  Vista  is  underpowered.  

I  would  like  to  suggest  you  the  Ritz  VXI.  It  comes  with  the  new  K  series  engine,  which  is  very  well  refined  and  also  give  a  better  mileage  than  Vista.  With  the  current  offers,  you  can  get  this  car  well  below  5  Lakhs.
swapnils
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:44 pm Post subject: Re: Indica Vista Aura Reply with quote

@  ramjn.
 I  not  not  worried  too  much  about  the  pick  up  and  power.  It  has  the  same  engine  what  swift  uses.  Only  thing  is  that  the  body  of  Indica  vista  is  heavier  which  i  prefer  as  in  parking  when  people  lean  on  the  cars  like  Hyundai,  maruti  etc,  due  to  light  material,  they  tend  to  bend  inside.  Also  at  high  speed  it  is  more  stable  and  due  to  strong  body  one  feels  more  safer.

I  saw  ritz  as  both  the  showrooms  are  next  to  each  other.  I  loved  the  interiors,  the  gear  position.  But  the  space  inside  still  didn't  win  my  heart.
 I  want  atleast  5  average  person  to  sit  comfortably  with  their  shoulders  next  to  each  other  and  not  over  each  other.  Also  personally  i  was  not  happy  with  the  rear  look  of  ritz,  the  boot  space  is  not  sufficient  as  my  bro  frequently  flies  to  US  and  has  2  laguage  bags  along  with  cabin  bags,  camera  bag  etc.

I  have  posted  for  Indica  vista  review  after  seeing  santro,  getz,  ritz,  swift  etc.  Al  now  i  would  like  to  know  is  from  a  TATA  user  is  the  after  sales  service.  Do  they  value  their  customers  after  buying  their  cars!!!  What  is  the  mileage  and  how  is  the  car  in  long  term  maintenace  wise.
Dabbu3288
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:52 pm Post subject: Re: Indica Vista Aura Reply with quote

Avdhoot  trust  me  TATA  sucks!!  Go  for  SWIFT  Diesel.  I  guarantee  you  will  be  super  satisfied....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rana
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:34 pm Post subject: Re: Indica Vista Aura Reply with quote

Swapnils

IMO,  1.2  L  65  PS  will  be  under  powered  considering  the  size  of  the  car.  Power  matters  when  you  will  be  driving  the  vehicle  in  actual  traffic  conditions.

Tata  Petrol  cars  do  not  enjoy  good  resale  value.

Tata  Indicas  are  most  preferred  as  taxis,  so  ownership  value  is  not  that  high  even  at  service  centres.

Regards
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ramjn
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:56 pm Post subject: Re: Indica Vista Aura Reply with quote

You  can  also  check  out  the  new  Ford  Figo  (will  be  launched  by  the  end  of  this  month)  and  also  the  volkswagen  Polo  which  will  be  available  from  March.  Both  these  cars  offer  decently  powered  petrol  engines.
swapnils
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:16 pm Post subject: Re: Indica Vista Aura Reply with quote

Now  TATA  launches  Indica  Vista  with  ABS  and  Airbags.  Will  be  available  from  March.  I  think  its  worth  waiting  till  march.
Shankar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:43 pm Post subject: Re: Indica Vista Aura Reply with quote

I  seriously  dislike  cars  with  dashboard  meters  right  in  the  middle.  

It  gives  a  feeling  like,  such  cars  are  meant  for  female  drivers  and  the  meters  are  positioned  such  that  the  male  in  the  next  seat  gets  a  full  stats  if  she  is  riding  well.  :  )
Hamza
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:11 am Post subject: Re: Indica Vista Aura Reply with quote

I  havent  driven  any  of   Tata  cars,  so  I  cant  comment  on  its  technical  or  mechanical  details.

But  one  thing  I  really  dislike  about  all  indica  line  is  that  their  dashboard  placement  is  rather  high(and  I  am  not  a  short  person)  and  doesnt  gives  a  good  view  of  road  from  driver's  position.
nature_lover
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:52 am Post subject: Re: Indica Vista Aura Reply with quote

Having  the  speedo  and  the  odo  in  the  middle  might  look  different  initially,  but  I  gather  they  are  not  as  wild  as  they  are  said  to  be.  Having  been  a  Tata  owner  for  a  very  long  time,  15  years  at  the  very  least,  I  have  had  a  good  experience  with  each  and  every  vehicle  I  have  owned,  because  I  care  for  my  cars.  Services,  wheel  balancing  and  alignment  at  every  5000  kms  should  keep  you  smiling  all  the  way.

I  don't  know  how  many  people  who  have  commented  here  actually  own,  drive  and  look  after  a  Tata.  My  cars  have  been  the  Sierra,  Sumo,  Indica  Turbo  and  now  the  Indigo  Marina.  While  the  Sierra  (125000  kms)  and  Sumo  (165000  kms)  are  no  more  with  me,  the  Indica  and  the  Marina  are  going  strong  at  135000  kms  and  95000  kms  respectively.

As  with  our  hobby,  don't  rely  entirely  on  your  service  advisor,  do  some  reading  and  make  your  choice.  Find  a  reliable  garage  to  service  your  car.  

Here  are  tips  on  buying  a  new  car  and  what  to  look  for.
 http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/29513-article-how-buy-new-car-india.html
 http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying-car/68581-article-pre-delivery-inspection-check-list.html

Here  is  my  report  on  how  my  Indica  is  faring.
 http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/60338-tata-indica-turbo-dlg-1-17-000-kms-report.html

There  is  no  point  in  buying  a  car  which  is  about  a  lakh  more  and  then  claiming  that  it  gives  you  better  resale  value.  AC  issue  in  the  Vista  needed  a  firmware  upgrade  and  also  remember  that  the  Vista  has  a  larger  glass  area  unlike  the  ventilator  windows  that  you  get  in  the  Swift  at  the  back.

Don't  consider  me  to  be  a  Maruti  basher.  I  still  own  my  dad's  1991  model  800.  Simply  because,  I  think  that  the  car  is  better  built  than  the  stuff  that  Maruti  delivers  today  of  the  same  lineage.  I  just  believe  Maruti  has  not  evolved  as  much  in  over  20  years  in  existence  as  much  as  Tata  has  done  in  10.

I  rest  my  case.
rahulk
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:27 am Post subject: Re: Indica Vista Aura Reply with quote

Quote:                
I  not  not  worried  too  much  about  the  pick  up  and  power.  It  has  the  same  engine  what  swift  uses.  Only  thing  is  that  the  body  of  Indica  vista  is  heavier  which  i  prefer  as  in  parking  when  people  lean  on  the  cars  like  Hyundai,  maruti  etc,  due  to  light  material,  they  tend  to  bend  inside.  Also  at  high  speed  it  is  more  stable  and  due  to  strong  body  one  feels  more  safer.                  

Just  to  get  the  concepts  cleared.

If  you  have  more  power/pick  up..  you  will  be  able  to  overtake  faster  and  spend  less  time  on  the  opposite  side  of  the  road...  which  for  me  is  safety.

Heavier  does  not  mean  more  stability,  Stability  is  dependent  on  center  of  gravity.

Stronger  body  does  not  mean  safer  ..  the  car  should  have  adequate  crumple  zone  where  the  body  of  the  car  absorbs  the  impact.  if  the  body  of  the  car  is  very  strong...  much  more  of  the  impact  is  transferred  to  the  passengers.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Chit Chat All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: