Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:14 pm Post subject: New PLanted aquarium -- 7 week old
I have planted setup with following specs.
1. Size = 30" x20" x 17" , 140 Litres
2. ADA Amazonia II + ADA power sand + Bacter 100 + Nile decorative sand
3. Eheim 2217 filter with Bio Rio and bio rings, some bio balls from my old aquarium filter to cycle faster
4. Plants --> rotalla roundifolia, ludwigia arcuata, dwarf saggitaria, hair grass long, HM, HC cuba, micro swords, java moss, Needle leaf fern, windelov
5. fish --> bristlenose pleco (3), ottocinclus (4), Black Moulis (2)
6. lights --> 36w X 4 (6500K )
7. Compressed Co2 --> 3 bubbles/sec
8. Seachem flourish excel (1 cap everyday -- 5ml)
9. Photo period --> 10am to 1 pm and 4pm to 7 pm.
Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 11:50 pm Post subject: Re: New PLanted aquarium -- 7 week old
Its looks amazing really different, what kind of plant you have in your tank. I know you have mention it but Its looks like jungle in the tank. Why don't you have put fishes in it. It really do amazing effect on your tank.
Joined: May 29, 2007 Posts: 2181 Location: Hyderabad
Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:29 am Post subject: Re: New PLanted aquarium -- 7 week old
Nice setup mate!
the scape looks a little too heavy on left now, maybe you can make the slope from left to right more pronounced to balance it out.
And I dont see that you are dosing anything at all except excel(which is again a source for carbon). Why is that so? I can understand about N, P leech from ADA substrates initially. But K and micros need to be dosed along with that., especially with a tank full of stems, like yours.
Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:16 pm Post subject: Re: New PLanted aquarium -- 7 week old
Sorry if i forgot to mention. I have started dosing ADA step1, Balance K and CSM+B, along with occasional dose of Seachem trace right after the one month period.
THe plants are really healthy. I understand what you are trying to say about slope. I have given the slope but it is not prominent. And some how the ludwigia and rotella has grown lush beyond my expectation. Anyways i have plan to show the slope thing once the HC cuba lawn is fully grown.
I have added rummy nose right next day of clicking the photo. I was struggling with brown algae and using moulis for that. just didnot want to add any fish since i was starving mouli.
I would add harlequin rasboras next week. That will complete the project :-)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum