133. Guest
134. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,427

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Lots of shopping for parrot cichilids
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Lots of shopping for parrot cichilids

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Chit Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deepakarora
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:45 pm Post subject: Lots of shopping for parrot cichilids Reply with quote

Hi  Friends,

Went  to  shopping  for  the  new  members  of  the  family  who  may  arrive  till  next  monday  or  friday     Cheering  also  my  koi's  will  also  appreciate  some  of  the  stuff  I  guess.

2   Sera  Arthemia  Mix  Pouch  18  g
 2   RidAll  Anti-Chlorine  200  ml
 2   Rid  All  Anti-Ich  200  ml
 1   Tetra  Bits  1250  ml
 1   Sera  Fistamin  100  ml
 1   Sera  Super  Peat  500  g
 1   Sera  Biopur  750  g
 1   Atlas  Freeze  Dried  Shrimp  75  g
 1   Sera  PH  minus  250  ml
 1   Sera  Nitrivec  100  ml  
 1   Sera  300  W  Heater
 1   Sera  Mineral  Salt  280  gm
 1   Sera  Red  Parrot  1000  ml

This  should  keep  me  home  for  a  while   Rolling Eyes
kunalrsingh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:55 pm Post subject: Re: Lots of shopping for parrot cichilids Reply with quote

do  you  only  keep  parrots  or  something  else  too?  the  reason  i  ask  is  that  a  lot  of  stuff  is  not  required  for  them.  like  i  never  used  anti  chlorine  for  them.  store  water  overnight  to  get  rid  of  the  chlorine.  anti  ich  is  not  required  at  all  if  you  can  keep  the  temp  constant.  usually  water  temp  fluctuations  is  the  reason  for  ich.  parrots  will  require  a  higher  ph.  peat  usually  lowers  the  ph.  i  kept  my  parrots  in  fine  coral  sand  and  they  even  laid  eggs  for  me.  mineral  salt  and  Nitrivec..why  do  you  need  those?  if  you  are  worried  about  nitrates  then  a  weekly  50%  water  change  will  take  care  of  that.  sorry  about  the  lecture  but  i  mean  no  offence.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
alpha91

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:00 pm Post subject: Re: Lots of shopping for parrot cichilids Reply with quote

Why  did  you  get  the  artemia  for?  Well,  unless  your  parrots  are  breeding!
deepakarora
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:16 pm Post subject: Re: Lots of shopping for parrot cichilids Reply with quote

kunalrsingh  wrote  (View  Post):                
do  you  only  keep  parrots  or  something  else  too?  the  reason  i  ask  is  that  a  lot  of  stuff  is  not  required  for  them.  like  i  never  used  anti  chlorine  for  them.  store  water  overnight  to  get  rid  of  the  chlorine.  anti  ich  is  not  required  at  all  if  you  can  keep  the  temp  constant.  usually  water  temp  fluctuations  is  the  reason  for  ich.  parrots  will  require  a  higher  ph.  peat  usually  lowers  the  ph.  i  kept  my  parrots  in  fine  coral  sand  and  they  even  laid  eggs  for  me.  mineral  salt  and  Nitrivec..why  do  you  need  those?  if  you  are  worried  about  nitrates  then  a  weekly  50%  water  change  will  take  care  of  that.  sorry  about  the  lecture  but  i  mean  no  offence.                

Thanks  a  ton  for  the  reply  Kunal  Bro   Thumb Up  ,  Offence   Surprised   not  at  all  bro,  your  experience  will  help  me  alot  Smile
 Some  of  the  stuff  is  for  my  koi  aquarium  and  also  for  a  monster  aquarium  that  I  plan  later  on,  Furthermore  the  shop  is  literally  at  an  hour  and  a  half  difference  from  my  home  so  i  thought  I  will  keep  a  backup  of  the  stuff.
 I  use  anti  chlorine  as  it  is  not  possible  for  me  to  fill  55  gallon  using  buckets  so  I  use  anti-chlorine  while  filling  with  hose.
 Anti-ich  might  come  in  handy  for  both  koi  and  parrots  tank.
 I  read  online  that  parrot  will  require  ph  between  6.5-7.5  Mine  is  around  8.5  in  tap  water.
 Mineral  salt,  this  will  be  used  in  my  moster  tank  or  when  I  had  to  fill  the  tank  with  RO  water.
 Nitrivec  for  helping  in  starting  the  tank  :)

Once  again  thanks  a  lot  mate,  do  correct  me  whenever  I  am  wrong   Smile
deepakarora
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:18 pm Post subject: Re: Lots of shopping for parrot cichilids Reply with quote

alpha91  wrote  (View  Post):                
Why  did  you  get  the  artemia  for?  Well,  unless  your  parrots  are  breeding!                

Thanks  a  lot  for  the  reply  Alpha91   Smile  
 Bro  I  thought  brine  shrimp  =  arthemia  are  they  different
kunalrsingh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:10 pm Post subject: Re: Lots of shopping for parrot cichilids Reply with quote

if  you  store  water  and  then  use  it  in  your  house  then  the  same  water  can  be  used  in  the  aquarium.  stored  water  will  lose  all  the  chlorine.  no  need  to  use  anti  chlorine.  
 you  will  never  get  ich  if  you  keep  the  temperature  constant.  even  if  you  do  get  it  then  bump  the  temperature  up  to  30  degrees  for  about  a  week  and  the  ich  will  disappear.  the  biggest  contributor  of  ich  is  fluctuations  in  temperature.  
 i  used  coral  sand  for  parrots.  never  had  a  problem  with  high  ph.  they  should  be  fine  in  your  tap  water.  altering  ph  by  adding  chemicals  has  its  own  problems.  cichlids  are  the  most  versatile  of  the  fishes  and  they  will  adapt  to  the  ph.  trust  me  on  that.  
 same  goes  for  mineral  salt.  you  really  dont  need  it.  the  less  chemicals  you  use  the  better  it  is  as  when  you  really  need  the  effects  of  the  chemicals,  the  fishes  will  be  immune  to  it.  
 buy  stuff  for  your  monster  tank  when  you  build  it.  otherwise  you  will  never  end  up  using  any  of  it.  trust  me  on  it.  been  there  done  that!!!!
 dont  use  chemical  to  kick  start  your  tank.  seed  the  tank  with  a  mature  filter.  or  just  use  old  water  from  the  koi  tank.  it  will  have  enough  bacteria  to  kick  start  your  tank.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
deepakarora
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:36 am Post subject: Re: Lots of shopping for parrot cichilids Reply with quote

kunalrsingh  wrote  (View  Post):                
if  you  store  water  and  then  use  it  in  your  house  then  the  same  water  can  be  used  in  the  aquarium.  stored  water  will  lose  all  the  chlorine.  no  need  to  use  anti  chlorine.  
 you  will  never  get  ich  if  you  keep  the  temperature  constant.  even  if  you  do  get  it  then  bump  the  temperature  up  to  30  degrees  for  about  a  week  and  the  ich  will  disappear.  the  biggest  contributor  of  ich  is  fluctuations  in  temperature.  
 i  used  coral  sand  for  parrots.  never  had  a  problem  with  high  ph.  they  should  be  fine  in  your  tap  water.  altering  ph  by  adding  chemicals  has  its  own  problems.  cichlids  are  the  most  versatile  of  the  fishes  and  they  will  adapt  to  the  ph.  trust  me  on  that.  
 same  goes  for  mineral  salt.  you  really  dont  need  it.  the  less  chemicals  you  use  the  better  it  is  as  when  you  really  need  the  effects  of  the  chemicals,  the  fishes  will  be  immune  to  it.  
 buy  stuff  for  your  monster  tank  when  you  build  it.  otherwise  you  will  never  end  up  using  any  of  it.  trust  me  on  it.  been  there  done  that!!!!
 dont  use  chemical  to  kick  start  your  tank.  seed  the  tank  with  a  mature  filter.  or  just  use  old  water  from  the  koi  tank.  it  will  have  enough  bacteria  to  kick  start  your  tank.                

Thanks  a  ton  for  all  the  useful  information  Kunal  bro,  will  definitely  use  this...   Clapping
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Chit Chat All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: