http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - How to maintain/Culture - White or grindals worms
chethanraoap Frequent Visitor to IAH
Joined: Oct 26, 2012 Posts: 196 Location: Bangalore Status:
Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:32 pm Post subject: How to maintain/Culture - White or grindals worms
I like to thanks deepakg sharing this information and asked me to update the same here
A line from deepakg: I wanted to share these points with Bangalore hobbysts. Who recently got the new culture boxes.
You need medium. Because it preserves water.
never stinks... Mainly scotchbrites on top of filter floss.
might stink..... Peat( buy it from shops where they sell plants and pots) Use after boiling the peat for 10 minutes.to get rid of the tanin and stuff.
**You should always keep a hard plastic sheet on top. that preserves moisture from the top. ( A cd cover or somthing like that )
Feeding the grindals
* Ragi flour, Oats, any good fish food( twice a week one hour before harvesting), cornflakes, Soya atta.
**Feed every day. Do not overfeed. Over feeding will invite fly and your culture will Crash.
***Learn how much they can eat in two days. remaining food should be thrown away.
Feeding the whiteworms.
* Oats, any good fish food( twice a week one hour before harvesting), cornflakes, britania white bread soaked in milk.
***Feed every day. Do not overfeed. Over feeding will invite fly and your culture will Crash.
****Learn how much they can eat in two days. remaining food should be thrown away.
Fresh Oat milk only.
Every culture needs maintanance to rejuvenate the medium and to get rid of TOXINS. Also your culture box should have holes for ventilation.
* Only once a month.fill water to the top and hold the scochbrites and pour the water out. careful not to pour the worms out.
Repeat water changeTwice or thrice. Until you feel its good as new.
* Peat will become acidic so its good to perform water change once a month.
* fill water to the top and wait till the worms are settled at the bottom then pour the water out. careful not to pour the worms out.
* Or you can syphone the water through a scotchbrite.
* Water change is must everyday.
** Water should be from your fish tank.
*** Water ph should be nutral.
**** Feed after water change.
***** keep only one scotchbrite in one culture box.
Grindals and white worms.
You need two containers. One big and one small and a dropper. ( available in Med store)
Step by step.
Take out the hard plastic sheet and dip it in big container.
* you will notice worms sinking.
** pour the water when the worms are in clumps at the bottom.
*** change water till you see the water cristal clear.
**** carefully pour the water out and pour the worms in the small container and use the dropper to take out the worms and water to feed your lovely fish.
And you are always welcome to call me. My Mumbai no..09324930689.
All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You cannot download files in this forum
Powered By: phpBB © 2001 - 2006 phpBB Group
Nuke-Evo Conversion By: Evo-Themez |
iCGstation v1.0 Template By Ray