44. Guest
45. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,749

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - regarding flower horn
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

regarding flower horn
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Cichlids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidlee
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:31 pm Post subject: regarding flower horn Reply with quote

Hi,

i  would  like  to  know  if  all  you  flower  horn   people  also  dewom  your  fsh  every  now  and  then...   this  is  becoz  all  the  pearl  spots  which  i  had  with  my  flower  horn  had  vanished  for  good..and  the  coloration  has  become  dull..   i  do  water  change  once  a  week..   i  have  tried  many  food/pellets  without  any  result..
    i  am  suspecting  its  got  some  internal  infection.

right  now  i  am  feeding  him  azoo  flower  horn  pellets  twice  a  day   and  sometimes  prawn  and  beef  heart  once  a  week....     

many  thanks  in  advance
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:56 pm Post subject: Re: regarding flower horn Reply with quote

Hi  David,

Quote:                
this  is  becoz  all  the  pearl  spots  which  i  had  with  my  flower  horn  had  vanished  for  good..and  the  coloration  has  become  dull.                
He  will  never  get  pearl  spots  and  coloration  by  deworming  unless  you  feed  him  with  hormone  based  feed.  Cheer Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
davidlee
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:24 am Post subject: Re: regarding flower horn Reply with quote

thanks  for  your  reply  rocky.

i  am  feeding  him  hormone  food  and  there  is  no  change.....
    i  suspect  there  may  be  some  internal  disease  thats  why  i  asked  if  i  needed  to  deworm..
      right  now  i  am  feeding  him  with  the  ocean  free  super  red  syn..     heard  that  it  is  good..  but  nothing  has  happened  yet...

thanks  once  again
rgg
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:23 am Post subject: Re: regarding flower horn Reply with quote

Looks  like  a  constipation  problem  rather  than  internal  paracites....  

But  would  wait  for  fH  experts  to  comment

Raghu
toomanyfish
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:36 am Post subject: Re: regarding flower horn Reply with quote

is  the  fish  still  eating?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sandeepraghuvanshi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:32 pm Post subject: Re: regarding flower horn Reply with quote

What  is  the  size  of  this  tank.  In  the  picture  tne  depth  seems  to  be  too  less.
 How  long  do  you  have  it  with  you.  Filter,  w/c  frequency.
angad
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:51 pm Post subject: Re: regarding flower horn Reply with quote

hmmm..my  FH  whenever  stressed  out..like  after  a  WC  and  all  looses  the  largest  and  most  prominent  flower  for  a  day  or  two..once  its  settled  down  again,   the  flower  reapears...  I  guess  your  FH  is  stressed  out...  and  some  species  like  the  Ted-shock  dont  get  flowers..and  your  FH  does  look  a  little  like  a  Red-Shock...
mitra-hyderabad
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:11 pm Post subject: Re: regarding flower horn Reply with quote

How  old  is  the  FH?  Old  Fh  tend  to  loose  color  (called  as  fading)
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: regarding flower horn Reply with quote

Quote:                
i  am  feeding  him  hormone  food  and  there  is  no  change.....                  

Which  Food...  If  you  are  talking  about  OCEAN  FREE  Red  Syn,  I  am  sure  its  not  hormone  based  food.

I  am  sure  your  FH  is  100%  healthy.  He  is  aggressive,  active  &  eating  all  kinds  of  food  you  provide.

Quote:                
is  the  fish  still  eating?                

I  guess,  YES!..  Am  I  right  David?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fishytales
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:47 am Post subject: Re: regarding flower horn Reply with quote

what  hormone  food  are  you  feedng  him?  as  far  as  i  know  there  are  very  few  hormones  based  food  available  here  .i  guess  what  you  are  talking  about  is  the  cartoned  based  feed,  which  contain  asthaxantin  which  promote  the  red  colour  in  fish.  most  of  the  popular  food  like  azoo  flower  horn  pellet  and  ocean  free  products  contain  that.  what  i  suggest  is  that  try  changing  20  %  of  the  water  every  day  with  fresh  municipal  water  and  see  if  there  is  any  change.
davidlee
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:11 pm Post subject: Re: regarding flower horn Reply with quote

many  thanks  for  your  replies,

the  depth  of  my  tank  is  15  inches  and  3ft*2ft  (L  &  H)..  i  am  using  Atman  EF4  (900  l/hr)  filter  for  my  tank..

i  had  bought  him  last  year  around  this  time   when  he  was  about  4  to  5  inches  length(  tail  included)  .  at  that  time  he  was  covered  with  shiny  pearl  spots  all  over

i  do  water  changes  once  a  week  20%...  i  add  my  tubewell  water  back  into  the  tank  after  each  change..  Yes..my  water  has  very  high  iron  content  and  hardness  is  also  very  high..  could  this  be  a  factor  for  his  color  becoming  dull  ?

the  fish  seems  to  be  fine  and  is  taking  whatever  i  feed  him  and  he  is  active...the  only  problem  is  his  coloration..
Natrery
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:44 pm Post subject: Re: regarding flower horn Reply with quote

HI,

I  feed  my  FH's  Fresh  market  prawns  and  have  noticed  increase  in  coloration,  their  tail  fins  are  now  turning  red  in  color  with  light  blue  pearl  spots.  I  also  feed  them  with  Tetra  Bits,  Ocean  Free  Humpy  Head  and  Ocean  Free  ever  red  and  sometimes  Beef  hart.  U  could  try  these  stuff..

thanks
surya_niki
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:47 pm Post subject: Re: regarding flower horn Reply with quote

Hi  davidlee,

All  I  can  say  you  FH  with  out  marks,  looks  like  a  hunk.

If  it  has  to  be  me  I  would  be  content  with  the  way  he  is.  But  thats  just  me.

Never  the  less  Macho  Looking  Guy!

Regards,
 Surya
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: regarding flower horn Reply with quote

David,

If  you  are  interested,  ask  Lala  for  exchange  with  other  small  FH.
Natrery
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:55 pm Post subject: Re: regarding flower horn Reply with quote

DJ_Rocky  wrote  (View  Post):                
David,

If  you  are  interested,  ask  Lala  for  exchange  with  other  small  FH.                

DJ  Rocky  it  would  be  better  if  you  could  give  suggestions  that  would  help  the  fish,  not  give  such  Pathetic  Suggestions..  Thumb Down  

David,  Personally  I  would  not  recommend  This,  because  i  like  fishes  the  way  they  are,  just  because  they  don't  have  coloration  or  pearl  spots  doesnt  mean  that  you  give  them  away.   Thumb Up  Keep  him  the  way  he  is.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Cichlids All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: