206. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,827

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Self Introduction
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Self Introduction
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> New Members and Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saikiran
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:02 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  Everybody,
 I  am  Saikiran  from  Bangalore  working  as  a  consultant  in  a  media  company.
 I  have  had  this  hobby  since  my  school  days  which  was  encouraged  by  my  uncle  and  grandfather.  Since  then  it  had  been  off  and  on.  Of  course  i  do  not  possess  any  professional  knowledge  in  this  and  whatever  I  have  learned  is  through  books  and  now  through  Internet.
 Its  now  quite  amazing  to  see  a  lot  of  people  pursuing  this  interest  and  is  also  interesting  to  note  that  we  get  a  whole  lot  of  equipments  and  accessories  available  here  in  India  which  never  used  to  be  available  before.

Anyways,  I  am  now  back  into  this  hobby  and  I  look  forward  to  all  the  members  out  there  to  help  me  with  their  advice  in  setting  up  a  decent  planted  aquarium,  I  do  have  one  right  now,  but  I  would  like  to  own  it  more  professionally.

Looking  forward  to  you  guys.
 Cheers!!!
 saikiran
Indraneel
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:56 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi,
 I  am  Indraneel,  working  as  a  Development  Director  (hotels)  with  Phoenix  Mills  in  Mumbai.
 I  have  been  out  of  touch  with  the  hobby  for  the  past  few  years  but  am  set  to  make  a  fresh  start  all  over  again.  I  will  be  setting  up  a  planted  aquarium  over  the  next  couple  of  weeks  and  this  site  is  proving  to  be  a  big  help.
 Regards,
 Indraneel
Aury
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:12 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  all  

My  name  Aural  live  in  bangalore  and  do  many  things  that  can  be  termed  as  work,  well  i  have  3  tanks  ,  i  am  totally  into  cichlids  although  i  have  a  planted  tetra  tank  which  i  plan  to  move  out  ,  i  am  a  novice  at  the  hobby  ,  i  did  have  a  tank  when  i  was  a  kid  for  a  few  years  ,  i  have  a  great  variety  at  home  ,terrors,s,  peacocks  ,  electric  yellows  ,jewel  and  so  on  ,  my  interest  in  thee  forum  would  be  to  gain  knowledge  ,  my  jewels  have  just  got  me  a  huge  no.s  of  fry  as  of  last  evening  ,  so  i  am  a  happy  man  right  now
Venki
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:01 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  all,

I  am  Venkat,  working  in  SAP  Labs  India,  Bangalore.  I  have  had  this  hobby  for  a  few  years  now.  I  started  with  this  when  I  was  12  years  old,  then  had  to  discontinue  because  I  couldnt  maintain  it  properly.  Restarted  again  3  years  later  and  continued  for  about  a  year.  Had  to  discontinue  again.  
 I  have  had  the  current  set  of  fishes  for  about  a  year  now  in  a  glass  tank  of  size  20"x10"x12".  Have  just  moved  to  a  new  house  in  Whitefield  and  plan  to  have  a  bigger  aquarium.

I  was  searching  for  tips  on  maintaining  an  aquarium  and  that's  how  I  found  this  website.  I  find  it  a  wonderful  place  to  get  to  know  various  things  about  fishes  and  plants.  I  have  become  more  interested  in  this  hobby  after  browsing  thru  this  website.  

You  guys  are  doing  a  wonderful  job  out  here  and  hope  to  gain  more  knowledge  from  all  of  you.  Thanks  a  lot!

Regards,
 Venkat.
sgravi2k
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:10 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  Saikrian,  Indraneel,  Aural  and  Venkat   Welcome  to  IAH.

Its  happy  to  see  a  lot  of  new  hobbyist  joining  this  forum.  Please  update  us  with  your  current  setup  on  the  respective  threads.  Have  a  great  time  and  knowledge  sharing  on  IAH.  Welcome  you  all  once  again!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
the_kamath
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:44 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  All,

This  is  Vikram  Kamath  here  working  with  DLF  Homes  in  Bangalore.  I  am  not  exactly  a  newbie  to  the  hobby,  kept  a  glass  tank  and  a  few  cement  ponds  at  my  home  in  Kerala...(ancient  history)...though  i  donated  my  fish  to  a  friend  when  I  pushed  off  for  college  and  various  job  postings.  Now  in  Bangalore  where  i  am  re-starting  in  my  hopes  of  being  at  this  location  for  some  time  to  come.

Am  in  the  process  of  setting  up  a  36x18x18"  planted  tank,  hoping  to  start  low  tech-  just  normal  truelights,  filter  and  no  CO2  or  ADA  substrate....the  world  seems  to  have  moved  pretty  fast  during  my  absence  from  fish  keeping   Surprised  am  scratching  my  head  wondering  how  my  poor  fishes  survived  in  the  past   Shocked  

have  been  reading  at  a  furious  pace  from  the  IAH  forums  and  should  be  taking  delivery  of  my  tank  et  all  this  week.  Some  of  u  guys  from  the  forum  have  really  been  helpful...thanks  a  ton   Thumb Up  

I  am  looking  for  some  filter  equipment  which  I  am  posting  in  the  buy  section....do  help  out..

cheers  and  more  later..
johnny
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:34 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  Vikram,  welcome  to  IAH.  Wow,  thats  a  deja  vu.  Just  how  i  was  when  i  returned  back  from  college  and  settled  in  and  started  fish  keeping  again,  and  tried  for  info  on  the  newly  introduced  (to  me)  internet  and  then  IAH.   Chuckle
sud_P60
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:16 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  every  one,

Im  sudhir  from  hyderabad.  Im  a  doctor  by  profession.  Ive  recently  started  keeping  a  couple  of  gold  fish.  I  want  to  graduate  to  a  bigger  tank  and  hopefully,  in  the  future,  to  a  marine  aquarium.

This  forum  is  really  very  good.  I  have  already  got  lots  of  information  just  going  through  the  previous  archives.

thanks  very  much.
Kastor48252
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:46 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  IAH  clan.  I  am  Dr.  Ameya  Patil,  M.B.B.S.,  currently  appearing  for  PG  exams.  I  am  24  your  old,  native  of  Mumbai  and  greatly  addicted  to  the  aquarium  hobby.
      Keeping  live  animals  in  captivity  is  not  permitted  by  my  parents  and  hence,  i  donot  own  an  aquarium  currently.  However,  during  my  years  in  medical  college,  i  maintained  three  aquariums  in  my  room  which  were  a  gr8  stressbuster  for  me  and  my  mates.  During  these  5  and  1/2  years,  I  reared  and  bred  literally  every  fish  available  in  the  local  fish  stores  and  studied  their  characteristics  and  habits  closely.  I  simulated  entire  ecosystems  in  my  aquariums.  My  favourite  fish  are  the  guppy,  the  oscar,  the  pacu,  the  piranha,  the  danio,  and  the  flowerhorn,  each,  for  different  reasons.  my  piranhas  and  fighters  were  the  star  attraction  of  my  aquariums  and  attracted  a  huge  crowd.  Live  food  was  in  plenty;  mostly  juvenile  tilapia,  pencilfish  and  rosy  barbs.  My  piranha  tank  was  rightly  named,  'the  food  chain  simulator'.   
      It  is  my  dream  to  build  a  farmhouse  with  atleast  two  room-sized  aquaria-come-swimming  pools  with  single  sided  display  and  a  koi  stream  or  pond  in  my  lawn.  I  am  currently  planning  to  build  a  9'x2'x2'  pacu  species  tank  for  my  grandparents.
      I  hope  to  be  of  some  help  to  the  IAH  clan.  Thank  you.
ravi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:03 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  Sudhir  &  Ameya,

Welcome  to  IAH.  Enjoy  your  stay  here.
vikdel
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:08 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

HI,

Iam  vikram,  am  a  graphic  designer  by  profession.   Right  now  working  with  CNBC  TV18
 am  kind  of  new  in  this  wonderful  hobby,  Its  been  one  year  since  i  started  keeping  fish.Now  am  planning  for  a  new  planted  tank.  Doing  some  research  before  jumping  in.

Your  help  will  help  me.  Smile  Smile
fishysai
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:25 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

hey  all...
 im  sai..  24..  a  freelance  video  editor  from  chennai...

well..  i  used  to  hav  a  lot  of  tanks  a  wile  bak...  but  kina  had  to  take  a  break  for  a  wile  cos  i  felt  i  did  not  hav  time  enough  to  care  for  em..  apart  from  a  small  partly  cared  for  tank  wit  a  coupla  fish..  i  gues  im  jus  plannin  to  get  back  to  the  hobby..  hmm  should  i  say  addiction..  Razz  after  like  five  years...

i  jus  finished  tearin  apart  and  fixin  three  of  my  old  tanks  which  had  ben  lyin  around  for  a  while..  one  3  foot  and  a  coupla  2  footers..  i  DIYd  one  of  the  smaller  tanks  into  a  sump  filter  of  sorts...

plannin  to  setup  a  decent  planted  tank...  possibly  discus  or  tetras..  
 thats  for  starters..

most  probably  wil  be  gettin  an  acrylic  six  footer  sometime  mid  jan..  :D

hmm..  thats  it  for  that  long  intro  i  suppose...

im  hopin  to  learn  quite  a  bit  from  you  wonderful  ppl..  and  im  thinkin  of  joinin  one  of  our  fishclubs  and  make  things  more  interesting..

its  great  to  see  the  vast  number  of  likeminded  and  helpful  ppl  and  to  top  it  off..  most  of  u  are  not  half  way  across  the  globe..  Wink
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:22 am Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

I  have  joined  IAH  long  before  but  I  didn't  introduce  myself  in  IAH  formally.  So  let  me  give  a  small  introduction  of  myself.

I  am  Tirthankar  Chattopadhyay.  Software  Engineer,  currently  working  for  United  HelathGroup.  For  last  5  years  I  am  located  at  Gurgaon.  Happily  married  for  last  4  years  and  revamped  my  hobby  with  an  aquarium  what  I  have  bought  as  my  wife's  birthday  gift.  

I  have  indulged  (Spoiled)  myself  in  planted  tank  world  from  the  first  day.  I  am  inclined  to  Plants  and  Algae  than  fishes.  Trying  to  learn  everyday  from  my  own  experience  and  from  others.  

I  am  the  number  one  algae  grower  in  the  industry  and  trying  different  ways  to  get  rid  of  them.  

My  Dream  Aquarist:  Tom  Barr,  Oliver  Knott,  Filipe  Oliveira.

From  the  first  day  of  my  Hobby  I  am  here  in  IAH  and  will  like  to  thank  all  the  members  for  their  support  and  encouragements.

Last edited by Tirtha C on Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
krishh
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:54 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hi  all

This  is  Krishnendu...pursuing  MBA....I  have  been  into  this  hobby  for  the  last  8yrs  but  due  to  some  problem  I  got  detached  from  aquarium  for  the  last  4  yrs.But  again  I  managed  to  return  back  to  my  hobby..
 Presently  Ihave  a  30"*15"*15"  inch  aqua...presenty  having  2  DISCUS,1  BLACK  GHOST(  feather  ),2  GOLDEN  REMIREZI,6  CATFISH..
Yogesh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:22 pm Post subject: Re: Self Introduction Reply with quote

Hello  IAH,

Almost  3  years  after  joining  IAH,  wish  to  introduce  myself  here,  better  late  than  never.  Smile  

I'm  Yogesh  from  Mumbai,  working  with  Deutsche  Bank.     

I  have  been  in  this  hobby  for  the  last  18  years  but  only  last  4  years  can  be  considered  as  serious  fishkeeping.

Started  with  Livebearers,  Goldfishes,  Angels,  Oscars  etc.,  goldies  remained  my  favorite  for  a  long  time.  My  interest  shifted  to  Discus  later  with  great  help  from  IAH  members,  Carey,  Neil  etc.  After  successful  discus  raising,  achieved  triumph  to  breed  blue  turq  &  red  passion  strains.  I  wish  to  mention  precious  help  from  my  better  half  to  do  daily  WC  for  my  discus  tanks.  Very Happy   Recently  I’m  much  passionate  about  predatory  fishes  though.

To  conclude,  I  sincerely  appreciate  IAH  which  took  me  to  the  next  level  of  fishkeeping.
 Thank  you.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  New Members and Beginners All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 34 of 96

Jump to: