75. Guest
76. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,825

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Prizes
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Prizes
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Photo Competitions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmukh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:51 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Rocky,  
 With  Trevor,  Camy,  Seetha,  Sanddep  all  participating...what  are  the  cosolation  prizes  Very Happy   Very Happy  ?

I  agree  Teertho,  just  want  o  see  some  great  aquascapes

Bappa
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:14 am Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

bmukh  wrote  (View  Post):                
I  agree  Teertho,  just  want  o  see  some  great  aquascapes
 Bappa                

BRUTUS....  You  Tooo.....  Shocked  I  am  Tirtha   Razz
Severumkid
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:26 am Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

its  going  to  be  a  tough  competition  if  the  prizes  are  worth  it....if  the  panel  needs  monetary  contributions  to  make  the  prizes  more  attractive,  I  am  ready  to  contribute  a  humble  amount  for  the  same.   Thumb Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
diwan
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:46 am Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

The  prizes  are  still  not  announced.The  competition  will  be  keenly  contested   once  the  grand  prize  is   decided  at  the  earliest  and  sincerely  hope  that  the  prize  whatever  it   is  be  substantial.  Any  help  in  this  regard  I  am  sure  everybody  will  be  eager  to  do  their  mite.  

I  would  like  to  know  whether  the  customers  of  the  Judges  are  eligible  to  participate.   Chuckle  

Regards
 Dinesh.
Severumkid
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:02 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

diwan  wrote  (View  Post):                
The  prizes  are  still  not  announced.The  competition  will  be  keenly  contested   once  the  grand  prize  is   decided  at  the  earliest  and  sincerely  hope  that  the  prize  whatever  it   is  be  substantial.  Any  help  in  this  regard  I  am  sure  everybody  will  be  eager  to  do  their  mite.  

I  would  like  to  know  whether  the  customers  of  the  Judges  are  eligible  to  participate.   Chuckle  

Regards
 Dinesh.                

Well  said  Diwan  saab....I  strongly  suggest  Rocky  to  announce  prizes  ASAP  or  ask  for  contributions  to  make  this  big.  
 It  is  a  really  good  step  by  you  Rocky  to  move  things  forward  when  general  pace  of  IAH  has  been  slow..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:33 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Hmmm!!!

Adrenaline  is  Pumping,  guys?     Chuckle
 Keep  watching  the  thread,  its  gonna  hit  the  floor,  anytime!      Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rasikanayak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:42 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Hmmm,  Rocky!   Clapping  

Great  initiative  buddy,  and  professionally  managed  event.

I  am  sure  the  entries  are  going  to  be  spectacular  because  of  the  grand  prizes.  Rumours  are  already  doing  the  rounds  that  the  first  prize  is  going  to  be  in  5  digit  figure  like  Eheim  professional  series.   Cheering  

Quote:                
I  would  like  to  know  whether  the  customers  of  the  Judges  are  eligible  to  participate.                     

Dinesh  has  a  point  there.  I  am  curious  too.

Regards,
 Nayak.
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:49 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

rasikanayak  wrote  (View  Post):                
Rumours  are  already  doing  the  rounds  that  the  first  prize  is  going  to  be  in  5  digit  figure  like  Eihem  professional  series.   Cheering  

WHAT!!  Are  you  serious??  Let  me  scrap  off  the  algaes  from  the  glass  then.   Chuckle
trevor
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:03 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

T2CHATTO  wrote  (View  Post):                

rasikanayak  wrote  (View  Post):                
Rumours  are  already  doing  the  rounds  that  the  first  prize  is  going  to  be  in  5  digit  figure  like  Eihem  professional  series.   Cheering  

WHAT!!  Are  you  serious??  Let  me  scrap  off  the  algaes  from  the  glass  then.   Chuckle                

So  it  is  the  Professional  3  series.  Tirtha,  Scraping  algae  will  not  do.  You  have  to  repolish  the  front  glass.  Chuckle   Chuckle   Chuckle  

Please  note.   Enclose  the  warranty  while  sending  me  the  prize  and  pay  the  freight  door  delivery.   Thumb Up
Supra
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:06 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Hi,

Severumkid  wrote  (View  Post):                

if   the  panel  needs  monetary  contributions  to  make  the  prizes  more  attractive,  I  am  ready  to  contribute  a  humble  amount  for  the  same   Thumb Up

The  competition  will  be  keenly  contested   once  the  grand  prize  is   decided  at  the  earliest  and  sincerely  hope  that  the  prize  whatever  it   is  be  substantial.  Any  help  in  this  regard  I  am  sure  everybody  will  be  eager  to  do  their  mite.  
 Dinesh.                

Very  thoughtful  gesture  from  Dinesh  Sir  &  Deb  although  I  feel  that  it  is  not  necessary,  since  we  have  three  hard-core  hobbyists  /  commercial  guys  as  the  judges.  
 That  sure  will  push  the  substantiality  of  the  prize  in  a  positive  direction..   Wink  

Regards,Dinesh.

Valid  Point.  Confused  

Rgds,
 Prabhu
mayurdev
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:32 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Prabhu,

The  Prize  seems  to  be  an  Eehim  Pro  Series  3,  and  by  the  look  of  things  it  seems  Trevor  has  already  won  the  prize.  Thumb Up   ROFL  

Trevor  when  can  we  come  and  see  the  prize?

Jokes  Apart

Ofcourse  all  can  enter  this  compitition,wether  they  are  customers  of  the  judges  or  not,

The  judges  are  well  exprienced  and  iam  sure  there  will  be  an  unbiased  judgement,  and  the  fact  that  they  run  LFS  should  not  be  a  cause  of  any  doubts  about  their  integrity,  

They  are  hobbyist  first  and  then  LFS  Thumb Up  

Rocky  Great  job  pal,  an  Eheim  Pro  series  3,  WOW,

Adrenaline  is   definitly  Pumping,  guys?      
 Keep  watching  the  thread,  its  gonna  hit  the  roof,  anytime!
mithunda
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:34 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Rocky  is  it  really  Eheim  pro  3?  or  is  it  just  a  "rumor"?  please  say  man..  people  might  be  expecting  this  huge  3xxxx  worth  marvel..  i  think  i  would  wait  for  rocky  to  confirm  on  this..  if  it  is  true  ..  just  wow  :O
nature_lover
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:54 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Well,  I  am  amused  at  the  following  quote  from  quite  a  few  of  the  hobbyists.
 "I  would  like  to  know  whether  the  customers  of  the  Judges  are  eligible  to  participate."

What's  the  problem  with  their  eligibility?  Us  favouring  them??  That  would  mean  I  would  have  to  nominate  at  least  50  members  for  the  first  prize  if  not  more.

If  members  feel  that  I  would  be  partial  in  favouring  or  not  favouring  someone,  I  quit  the  judges  panel  without  much  ado.  I  was  asked  by  Rocky,  if  I  could  be  one  of  the  judges  as  I  am  online  most  of  the  time,  being  a  photographer  and  having  judged  previous  competitions.  I  obliged  his  request.

As  for  rumour  that  the  three  judges  being  commercial  and  hence,  the  price  being  substantially  huge.  Well,  all  I  can  say  this,  that  is  just  it  ...   a  rumour.  Rocky  for  his  part,  has  never  asked  me  to  put  in  any  money  into  this.  I  do  not  even  know  what  he  has  thought  about  for  the  prize.  After  a  few  days  of  bad  blood  being  split,  Rocky  has  taken  the  intitiative  to  bring  back  good  memories  and  healthy  discussions.

Now,  if  people  are  waiting  to  hear  about  the  prize  and  then  participate  ...  then   Crying or Very sad   there  is  no  more  spirit  left.   Sad
mithunda
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:55 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

No  Suraj..  we  (at  least  i  can  talk  for  myself)  trust  you..  and  we  are  totally  sure  that  you  would  never  be  partial..  so  please  dont  feel  bad  about  it.  

I  had  a  chat  with  rocky  this  morning..  its  totally  a  rumour.  he  would  announce  the  real  prizes  shortly..  But  dont  expect  something  so  substantial  ..  Its  the  spirit  of  competition  that  matters,  not  the  materialistic  prizes.
Hamza
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:05 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Whats  the  starting  date  for  competition?  No  posts  even  after  340  views  Surprised
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Photo Competitions All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: