43. Guest
44. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,374

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - How about Prodac Products for Substrate ?
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

How about Prodac Products for Substrate ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deba
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:01 pm Post subject: How about Prodac Products for Substrate ? Reply with quote

Dear  All,

How  about  mixing  Prodac  Fondo  Vivo  with  Prodac  Humus  and  use  it  as  a  substrate  for  Aquariums.  Any  experience  with  the  product  can  be  shared.

Thanks.
 Deba.
Deba
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:45 pm Post subject: Re: How about Prodac Products for Substrate ? Reply with quote

Any  Prodac  user  please........  Smile
Deba
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:06 am Post subject: Re: How about Prodac Products for Substrate ? Reply with quote

reply  please.......
natureaquariumlover
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:36 am Post subject: Re: How about Prodac Products for Substrate ? Reply with quote

Hi  Deba,

I  do  not  have  first  hand  experience  of  using  Prodac  prodcuts,  strictly  speaking  I  have  used  a  few  liquid  fertlizers  only.  But  few  of  my  freinds  have  used  the  product  and  they  are  pretty  satisfied  with  FondoVivo.

I  have  also  seen  FondoVivo  and  my  guess  is  that  it  is  volcanic  pumice  rock  which  is  porous  enough  to  cause  good  water  circulation  ensuring  better  O2  supply  to  the  subsrtae  and  hence  better  root  binding  and  pentration.

But  then  FondoVivo  doesnot  have  any  fertlizing  power  so  as  you  rightly  said  you  need  to  mix  it  with  Humus  and  I  think  Humus  Plus  too.

See  my  understanding  of  the  prodac  subsrtae  product  is  that  it  is  more  like  a  system  which  you  have  to  use  in  total  and  cannot  use  in  bits  and  pieces.  In  this  aspect  it  is  like  ADA  products  to  some  extent.

So  the  way  I  see  it  is  as  follows:

FondoVivo  +  Humus  +  Humus  Plus  (Bottom  Layer)  =  ADA  Power  Sand
 FertilBed  (if  I  remember  correctly)  (Top  Layer)  =  ADA  Aquasoil

Bottom  line  both  has  to  be  used  as  a  completed  system  and  not  in  isolation.

Disclaimer  Smile  :  This  is  my  personal  observation  and  I  will  not  get  into  any  comparison  of  the  2  systems.  I  would  encourage  you  to  do  further  search  in  the  net  and  draw  your  own  conclusion.  One  last  word  your  observational  power  will  help  you  succeed  as  an  aquascapist  and  no  product  can  gurantee  success  unless  you  are  sure  about  their  usage
msghael
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:54 pm Post subject: Re: How about Prodac Products for Substrate ? Reply with quote

Hi  Deba,
 I  have  used  Fondovivo,  Humus  &  Humus  plus  mixed  and  covered  by  coarse  sand  1-2  mm.  Fertilisation  is  by  EI  method.  Prodac  items  supplied  by  DJ_Rocky.  The  results  are  good  If  I  say  so  myself.  Have  sent  you  a  photograph  in  a  PM
 Regards
 Maninder
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:54 am Post subject: Re: How about Prodac Products for Substrate ? Reply with quote

Hi  Deba,

You  can  use  PRODAC  Plant  Substrate  as  follows:

The  following  bottom  fertilizers  are  for  highly  planted  aquariums,  enriched  with  special  plants.
 FondoVivo  :  It  is  a  natural  bottom  fertilizer  made  of  clay  and  trace  elements  offering  the  best  nutrient  components  for  the  growth  of  aquatic  plants.  Fondovivo  is  highly  porous  to  help  quick  and  easy  rooting  of  plants.  It  does  not  make  the  water  cloudy  and   helps  the  oxygenation  of  the  ground.  Can  be  used  alone.

Humus  :  It  is  a  natural  fertilizing  substrate  ideal  for  aquatic  plants  consisting  of  several  types  of  peat,  special  fertile  soils  and  natural  nutritional  substances  indispensable  for  promoting  the  growth  of  these  plants.  Can  be  used  alone.

Humus  Plus  :  It  is  a  natural  fertilizing  substrate  ideal  for  aquatic  plants  consisting  of  several  types  of  peat  indispensable  for  promoting  the  growth  of  these  plants  and  more  specifically  for  delicate  and  fragile  ones.  It  is  the  perfect  product  in  particular  for  all  types  of  Cryptocoryne,  Heteranthera  Zosteraefolia  (star  grass),  Aponogeton  Madagascariensis  (Madagascar  lace-leaf  ),  Aponogeton  Ulvaceus,  Echinodorus  Tenellus  etc.   HumusPlus  helps  to  lower  the  pH  value  and  Redox  potential  of  the  water  allowing  greater  activity  of  the  fertilizing  properties  which  are  then  easily  assimilated  by  the  plants.  Must  be  mixed  with  HUMUS

In  order  to  have  the  best  and  rich  substrate  we  recommend  laying  :  1/3  Fondovivo,  1/3  Humus,  1/3  Humus  Plus  on  the  bottom  of  the  aquarium  and  covering  it  with  washed  gravel  or  coarse  sand.  The  above  indication  is  valid  for  a  surface  area  of  60  x  30  cm.

The  following  bottom  fertilizers  are  for  general  planted  aquariums.
 FertilPlant  :  It  is  the  newest   bottom  fertilizer,  natural  soft  and  porous  gravel  (2-6  mm)  substrate  consisting  of  clay,  zeolite  and  soils  rich  in  trace  elements  ideal  for  planted  freshwater  aquariums.  It  is  a  nutritional  product  absorbed  through  the  plant  roots  ideal  for  promoting  a  lush  and  healthy  growth.  It  also  increases  oxygenation  at  the  bottom  of  the  aquarium  and  does  not  cloud  the  water.

Fertil  Peat  Plates  :   It  is  made  of   compressed   peat,   a  natural  material  which  provides  a  rich  substrate  for  the  growth  of  the  aquatic  plants  while  keeping  the  aquarium  water  soft.  It  is   perfect  for  a  small  tank  where  the  fishkeeper  wish  to  create  a  corner  with  some  plants  The  plates  are  positioned  on  the  bottom  of  the  tank,  on  the  place  where  the  plant   will  grow,  avoiding  the  use  of  fertilizing  bed.  The  plants  get  their  nutrient  through  their  roots.  The  advantage  of  this  product  is  that  it  is  used  only  on  the  part  of  the  aquarium  where  the  plants  are  placed.

Suggestion:  When  you  use  a  substrate  or  any  fertilizing  bed:
 -  Put  a  layer  of  substrate.
 -  Put  a  layer  of  minimum  7  cm  gravel.
 -  Cover  the  layers  with  a  nylon  sheet.
 -  Pour  the  water  gently  to  avoid  moving  the  layers.

Hope  it  helps!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sibesh
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:05 pm Post subject: Re: How about Prodac Products for Substrate ? Reply with quote

Deba,
 I  have  used  the  above  combination  in  my  planted  tank  topped  with  river  gravel.  It  is  giving  good  growth.  I  don't  have  a  digi  cam  to  share  a  photo,  but  you  are  welcome  to  visit  my  place  to  see  it  by  yourself.  I  stay  in  garia.

Sibesh
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:10 pm Post subject: Re: How about Prodac Products for Substrate ? Reply with quote

Hi  Sibesh,

I  may  visit  your  place  on  Sunday  after  my  usual  Gallif  Street  visit.
 Let  me  know  if  you  are  planning  to  visit  GS  this  Sunday,  so  we  can  go  together!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Aquatic Plants and Planted Aquaria All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: