224. Guest
225. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,784

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Prizes
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Prizes
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Photo Competitions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Severumkid
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:13 am Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Guys,  kindly  refrian  from  taking  names  of  individuals.  More  so,  please  refrain  yourselves  from  taking  names  of  seniors  who  have  more  contribution  to  the  hobby  than  you  can  ever  imagine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mithunda
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:23 am Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

add  my  2  cents  too  provided  the  warnings  are  honest  and  not  partial
Shankar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:25 am Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Deb  and  Essabee,  I  guess  you  have  misunderstood  my  words.  The  bottom  line  of  my  request  was  'peace'.

I  am  unbiased.  No  pity  or  praise.  If  you  have  problems  with  my  views,  leave  me  a  PM.  I'll  be  happy  to  chat.   Smile
mithunda
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:28 am Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Severumkid  wrote  (View  Post):                
Guys,  kindly  refrian  from  taking  names  of  individuals.  More  so,  please  refrain  yourselves  from  taking  names  of  seniors  who  have  more  contribution  to  the  hobby  than  you  can  ever  imagine.                

even  gods  are  cursed  for  their  ill-doing..  and  everyone  contributes  in  the  hobby  in  their  own  way..  there  is  no  comparisons  needed..
Severumkid
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:34 am Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Let  me  give   you  a  example  of  generosity  of  people  like  Mr.  Trevor  Menzes  and  Mr.  Madan  Subramanuim.  

It  is  Trevor  who  is  always   receiving  my  calls  at  any  times  of  the  day,  and  providing  solutions  freely  with  out  any  personal  interests.  Most  of  the  times,  he  has  guided  me  to  cheaper  alternatives  than  costlier  one  that  were  my  proposition.  

Eg.  Me:  Trevor,  I  have  green  water.  I  am  planning  to  buy  a  UV  filter;  can  you  suggest  a  good  brand?  Trevor:  Go  for  some  daphnia,  instead.  Further  to  this  he  would  take  his  time  to  explain  all  other  steps  that  I  need  to  follow.  

This  is  just  one  example.  He  has  always  helped  me  going  out  of  his  way.  I  consider  him  to  be  a  wonderful  guy  with  unquestionable  thirst  for  the  hobby.  BTW,  he  is  a  rich  bugger  and  does  not  need  any  of  your  money,  if  you  ask  me.

Madan,  on  the  other  hand  has  given  me  2GB  of  aquarium  literature  worth  minimum  tens  of  thousands,  for  free.  Leave  the  money  part  aside,  if  I  was  to  collect  that  literature,  it  would  have  taken  me  years,  I  am  sure  and  many  would  have  sold  the  same  if  they  were  in  Madan's  shoes.  

That's  why  people,  who  know  them,  do  not  question  their  integrity  but  love  them  unconditionally.

I  did  not  mean  to  hurt  any  one  personally,  but  it  is  very  offensive  to  see  rank  juniors  taking  a  stalwart’s  name  and  commenting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
essabee
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:45 am Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Great  virtues  -  gratefulness  and  love  -  but  sometimes  they  do  breed  partiality  and  blindness.
mithunda
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:49 am Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Rank  Juniors  and  Stalwarts..  hmm..  no  more  comments  from  me..  cheers
beta
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:51 am Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Hi  All,
 Anybody  who  has  opinions  on  this  issue  do  mail  me  [betamaha@gmail.com].  Lets  not  hijack  this  thread  meant  for  the  photo  competition.
essabee
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:54 am Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

mithunda  wrote  (View  Post):                
Rank  Juniors  and  Stalwarts..  hmm..  no  more  comments  from  me..  cheers                

.................................  and  I  thought  we  were  Indian  aquarium  hobbyists....................................
Severumkid
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:56 am Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

what  fish  is  that  Beta,  in  your  profile  pic?
DJ_Rocky
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:04 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

beta  wrote  (View  Post):                
Hi  All,
 Anybody  who  has  opinions  on  this  issue  do  mail  me  [betamaha@gmail.com].  Lets  not  hijack  this  thread  meant  for  the  photo  competition.                

Sorry  to  say,  but  It's  been  already  hijacked  long  back.
 And  all  of  us  has  given  the  encouragements  to  the  NASTY  policits  around  IAH  and  still  people  are  supporting.

God  bless  IAH.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
abhis9
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:21 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Yoop.....Senior  can  say  anythin,  can  do  anything,  can  can  can  do  everything   except  
 Juniors  and  Stalwarts....Real  good  flavour...
oscarmadness
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:29 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

Hello  All,

I  have  out  of  IAH  for  quite  some  time,  I  was  out  of  the  country  blah  blah  blah..
 Recent  two  weeks,  I  am  mostly  in  a  read  mode  in  the  forum,  browsing  various  sections  artcles  of  planted  tank,  because  i  am  planning  to  set  up  my  first  planted  tank  sometime  next  weekend..  so  busy  doing  the  prep  courses  from  IAH...

I  sense  again  a  war  of  words  starting  off  (or  have  already  started)...  I  sincerely  request  Admin/Mods,  to  step  back  and  review  the  whole  incident  from  a  third  party  perspective  and  take  a  bird's  eye  view  of  the  same...

With  my  limited  knowledge  and  experience  I  tried  to  do  it  and  this  is  how  it  worked

Analysis
 1.  Rocky  volunteers  to  organize  a  photo  competition.
 2.  He  announces  the  competition  details.
 3.  Announces  the  name  of  the  judges  (  there  was  a  controversy  here,  may  be  he  was  not  being  a  very  professional  or  rather  practiced  organizer...),  but  the  intent  was  clear,  crystal  and  honest  -  SOME  LIVELY  ACTIVITY  IN  IAH.
 4.  The  time  was  very  appropriate  as  it  was  just  after  last  heated  arguments  in  the  forum.  He  tried  to  distract  people  in  some  constructive  activity.  More  so,  when  it  was  a  complain  that  why  some  senior  members  are  not  posting  regularly  in  the  forum  -  has  the  forum  degraded  in  itself  etc  etc
 5.  Suddenly  I  see,  a  rumour  of  Eheim  Professional  series  as  the  prize..
 6.  No  idea  how  it  spreaded,  or  who  has  spread...  But  thinking  that  as  a  prize  from  1  single  person  is  really  a  too  much  to  ask  for..  Any  one  can  realize  that,  but  still  people  went  on  to  increase  post  count  by  leg  pulling  on  rocky...
 7.  There  was  unecessary  postings  on  prize,  back  and  forth  messages  revolving  only  around  prize  turned  into  some  other  direction.
 8.  Suddenly  out  of  the  blue  and  totally  unnecessary  alleagations  towards  T2CHATTO  by   "Rasiknayak".  Unnecessary  because  that  has  nothing  to  do  with  the  core  of  the  post  -  Photo  competition..  Ofcourse  verbages  like  "Brats"  and  all  have  used..  Is  Rasik  and  Octogenrian?   Chuckle   My  grandfather  used  to  refer  me  as  Brat  when  I  was  a  kid   Chuckle  
 9.  T2  replied  brilliantly,  precise  and  to  the  point.
 10.  The  thread  was  promptly  locked  at  the  right  time  --  Thanks  to  the  Admin..
 11.  It  got  reopened...
 12.  Now  we  see,  Rocky  announcing  the  prizes  and  then  comments  like  "Prayer  and  Lawyear..!!  "

Inferences
 1.  Rocky's  Fault  (only  one  I  can  see)  -  He  lacks  promptness.  After  7  days  of  Unni's  posting  about  prize,  Rocky  replies  back..  Can  be  offensive  for  the  winners..  So  not  sure  why  this  delay,  may  be  some  personal  emergencies  was  holding  him  back..  Winner  should  have  got  in  touch  with  him  directly..

2.  But  a  message  asking  a  winner  to  pray  or  hinting  a  need  for  a  lawyear  is  a  clear  indication  of  a  probability  that  the  organizer  may  be  cheating  -  Which  is  definitely  not  acceptable...I  do  not  see,  why  this  post  was  necessary,  we  really  cannot  assume  than  an  organizer  announces  the  prizes  and  runs  away,  without  giving  them  ...  this  is  ridiculous...  

3.  If  the  intent  is  to  ask  for  an  update  -  the  silent  and  yet  powerful  way  was  already  demonstrated  -  "Do  we  have  a  closure??"...  this  is  enough  for  any  organizer  to  answer  back..  coming  straight  from  the  chief  and  cannot  be  ignored...

I  see  this  forum  is  also  getting  used  for  sorting  out  some  personal  dislikes  with  slightest  possible  opportunity...
 For  every  amount  of  blame,  some  equal  amount  of  spokespersons  arises  from  no  where,  singing  the  saga  of  greatness  of  the  individuals  involved  in  a  mess..
 Respect  gets  demanded..  No  one  wants  to  earn  any  these  days..

Where  are  we  heading??  A  competition  was  orgnized  in  true  spirit,  results  announced,  winners  get  in  touch  with  Rocky  and  take  the  prizes..  we  saw  some  lovely  tanks..  matter  ends  there..  

But  still  there  are  many  dragging  and  dragging  and  in  the  event  dirt  comes  up  and  then  people  start  blaming  each  other  as  to  why  the  brats  are  up  again!!

if  there  is  a  problem  in  the  organizer's  organizing  capability..  then  there  were  seniors  to  guide  him..  or  do  we  have  any  one  in  this  forum  who  was  born  as  an  aquarist  from  day  one???
Yogesh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:29 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

DJ_Rocky  wrote  (View  Post):                

beta  wrote  (View  Post):                
Hi  All,

Sorry  to  say,  but  It's  been  already  hijacked  long  back.
 And  all  of  us  has  given  the  encouragements  to  the  NASTY  policits  around  IAH  and  still  people  are  supporting.

God  bless  IAH.                

Rocky  -  I  just  told  Unni  to  contact  you  to  claim  his  prize.  Did  I  anywhere  mention  Bubble  Counter  is  bad  prize  or  something?  I  guess  you  are  matured  enough  to  understand  my  words  and  kindly  explain  this  to  your  juvenile  friend  in  case  he  can't.

I  do  not  see  why  nasty  attacks  are  being  made  on  Rocky..  The  competition  he  organized  was  good  and  the  fun  was  to  participate  into  it.  Why  will  he  be  pressurized  for  awesome,  expensive  prizes?  The  forum  or  any  other  member  has  not  contributed  in  the  prize  so  why  they  question  Rocky's  honesty?  Whatever  prize  he  is  giving,  even  if  a  bubble  counter,  its  from  his  pocket  and  i  think  its  very  nice  of  him  to  organize  such  a  nice  competition.  Since  when  IAH  competitions  were  judged  with  the  prizes?

And  nasty  comments  like  that  coming  from  a  staffs  really  looks  awful.  Trevor  should  have  encouraged  the  competition  rather  than  discouraging  members  from  the  beginning.  And  even  at  the  end  we  are  seeing  the  same  behaviour  from  him..  And  Yogesh  why  dont  u  organize  a  contest  and  announce  a  ADA  full  setup  as  a  prize  if  you  think  that  the  bubble  counter  was  too  bad  to  have  as  a  prize?

we  are  loosing  the  friendly  environment  we  once  had  in  IAH.  Admins  please  do  something..  we  need  serious  revamping...                

And  you.  I  don't  wanna  degrade  myself  by  arguing  on  Photo  Competition  thing.  You  are  just  here  to  create  arguments  and  controversies.  Like  you  add  chilli  &  pepper  in  your  fishfood,  you  replicate  the  same  by  creating  some  nonsense  wiles  on  IAH.  So  learn  to  behave  rather  than  showing  your  fake  care  towards  IAH.

very  indecently  said  Mr.  Admin..  after  what  you  said  there  is  no  reason  to  argue..  I  bid  you  good  bye  IAH.  I  have  spent  very  good  time  with  you..  Thanks  for  everything..                
If  you  are  not  happy  here,  just  stick  to  your  words  you  posted  on  Dec  15,  2008  instead  of  sniffing  back  to  IAH......  Dog
nash81
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:33 pm Post subject: Re: Photo Competition: Full Aquarium Shot - Dec 2008 with Pr Reply with quote

WOW  ....never  knew  a  simple  photo  competition  thread  could  get  so  ugly  !!   Guys  lets  just  stick  to  the  hobby.  I  dont  think  we  create  our  tanks  in  thoughts  of  prizes  and  benefits.  I  think  the  biggest  pleasure  of  our  hobby  is  the  satisfaction  of  having  created  a  masterpiece.  Thats  all  that  should  count.  The  question  to  ask  ourselves  is  did  we  create  the  tank  to  win  a  prize  in  the  photo  competition  or  did  we  create  it  to  our  liking.  

So  let  the  hobby  live,  lets  leave  the  politics  in  the  general  chit  chat  section  for  the  upcoming  ones.  We  already  have  lots  to  talk  about  the  government,  opposition,  the  left,  etc  ....

So  cheers   Drinking   to  the  hobby  !!  ...forget  the  prize...grab  a  beer  and  enjoy  your  tank  !!!

Cheers
 Nirav
 Indiapetstore.com
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Photo Competitions All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: