29. Guest
30. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,846

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Fishkeeping and Aquaristics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HajiBadaruddin
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:00 pm Post subject: Re: Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas Reply with quote

More  to  update:

This  is  betta  coccina  from  Jambi  Indonesia  ........  fairly  common  in  the  trade.

This  one  is  the  malaysian  version  ......  wild  collected  from  Pagoh  Johor.Has  doubled  up  in  size  in  less  than  3  mths.Color  is  slightly  darker  and  body  shape  resembles  more  to  Betta  rubra  in  a  way.

Enjoy   Smile
sgravi2k
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:40 am Post subject: Re: Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas Reply with quote

Lovely  Lovely  Lovely....  

Awesome  collection  Smile  Thanks  for  the  update  and  sharing  the  information  along  with  the  pictures!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nikhilsood1
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:32 pm Post subject: Re: Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas Reply with quote

Hi  Haji,

Had  a  disaster  here.  Lost  both  the  male  Betta  brownorum's.  Dont  know  why  the  water  was  fine  and  the  were  feeding  well.  One  of  the  male  was  even  guarding  a  bubblenest  with  eggs  in  it  but  the  next  day  i  found  both  of  them  dead.  Strange  since  the  female  is  still  active  and  alive.  Is  there  any  chance  you  might  be  sending  a  shipment  this  side  of  the  world?
HajiBadaruddin
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:25 pm Post subject: Re: Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas Reply with quote

Sorry  to  hear  that  Nikhil  ........  I  dont  have  anything  to  the  UK  at  the  moment.Perhaps  ......  we  could  arrange  something  during  the  AQUARAMA  in  Singapore  this  May.

BTW  there  must  be  something  happening  for  all  the  browns  to  die  suddenly.I  dont  see  disease  as  an  issue  here.Could  the  tank  water  be  contaminated?  Shocked
nikhilsood1
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:42 am Post subject: Re: Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas Reply with quote

Hmmm  well  let  me  speak  to  Colin  and  see  if  we  can  manage  a  shipment.  I  will  need  an  updated  stocklist  with  prices  for  that.

I  dont  really  know  why,  because  the  female  is  perfect.  They  were  being  fed  live  food,  and  all  fish  were  fed  that  so  i  cannot  see  a  problem  with  that.  Just  very  strange.

As  for  Aquarama  i  think  i  will  rule  myself  out  this  time.  There  is  no  chance  i  will  get  leave  from  here.
Mohammed Mudassir
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:38 pm Post subject: Re: Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas Reply with quote

awesome  pics  as  always,
 your  bettas  rock  man   Rock On
HajiBadaruddin
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:43 pm Post subject: Re: Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas Reply with quote

Betta  rutilans

Got  a  few  pairs  from  Tim  Hoo  from  Singapore  through  Jitsin.Originated  from  Pontianak  Indonesia.

The  male

Female  feeding  on  BBS.Took  this  pic  a  day  after  i  put  them  in  the  tank.

Another  female  .....  this  species  is  very  aggressive  .......  You  need  to  have  some  clumps  of  java  moss  for  them  to  seek  shelter  ......  the  fin  nipping  is  common  among  the  males  and  females.

I  kept  them  the  2  pairs  together  (till  i  figure  out  another  space  tank)  in  a  clearwater  pH5  water  with  some  java  moss.Aeration  is  calibrated  to  slow.

Thanks.  Smile
blackghost
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas Reply with quote

Wow.  Exquisite!  Smile
nikhilsood1
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:17 am Post subject: Re: Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas Reply with quote

Haji,

Lovely  pics  but  let  them  settle  down  and  you  will  feel  that  these  pics  do  not  do  justice  to  their  beauty.  My  male  is  just  so  blood  red  its  amazing.  Its  a  shame  i  do  not  have  glass  aquariums  to  take  pics  but  really  awesome  fish  and  really  aggressive.

Regards
nikhilsood1
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:53 am Post subject: Re: Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas Reply with quote

Haji  if  you  remember  i  had  mentioned  that  i  had  the  brownorum  had  bred  once  before  both  the  males  died  and  guess  what  today  in  the  morning  while  feeeding  the  female  i  saw  9  fry  almost  a  cm  in  length  Cheering   really  happy  now.

Also  have  had  my  rutilans  building  nests  and  having  eggs  almost  every  10  days.  But  no  signs  of  fry  yet  but  lets  see.  I  might  be  sending  down  all  my  bettas  to  India  to  Rahul  if  all  works  out  well  in  the  net  couple  of  weeks.
HajiBadaruddin
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:08 pm Post subject: Re: Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas Reply with quote

Thats  great  news  Nikhil   Thumb Up  Me  i  have  somewhat  slowed  down  .......  been  busy   :)However,i  have  moved  the  2  pairs  of  rutilans  to  their  own  tanks.Hope  to  see  them  spawn  too.
alpha91

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:16 pm Post subject: Re: Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas Reply with quote

Some  pics  of  my  smaragdina  fry  that  i  took  today  afternoon...

arvindshetty
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:04 pm Post subject: Re: Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas Reply with quote

Beautiful  fishes   Thumb Up  Shubhankar
HajiBadaruddin
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:49 pm Post subject: Re: Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas Reply with quote

Beautiful  colors  from  the  smarag   Smile  They  are  in  superb  condition.

Well  done   Thumb Up
alpha91

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:49 am Post subject: Re: Some of the most colorful and rare wild bettas Reply with quote

Thanks  a  lot  Eddie,coming  from  you,it  means  a  lot  to  me  Smile
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Fishkeeping and Aquaristics All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: