75. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 1,909
 Member(s): 0
 Total: 1,909

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,881

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Self Introduction
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Self Introduction
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 94, 95, 96  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> New Members and Beginners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woolfie
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:01 am Post subject: hi Reply with quote

hi  my  name  is  john  i  use  the  name  woolfie  i  live  in  stirling    scotland
 i  have  kept  catfish  for  a  long  time  mostly  corydoras  and  l  numbers
 at  present  i  have  eight  tanks  all  different  size's  
 i  am  currently  getting  into  discus  i  have  two  breeding  pairs  both  with  fry  there  are  5  days  between  them  i  also  have  another  5  witch  are  in  the  one  tank  i  know  one  is  a  male  i  know  for  sure  got  from  a  friend  who  lost  the  female  so  i  am  looking  for  a  good  female  to  go  with  him
 any  cheers  to  all  
 i  was  wondering  am  i  the  only  scots  man  oh  this  forum

cheers  woolfie  Rock On
cokeamod
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:08 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hi  guys,
 I  am  amod  oak,  i  am  a  management  graduate  from  mumbai  (thane).  I  got  into  this  hobby  about  6  years  back.  

I  started  out  with  one  of  my  friend  giving  me  a  small  1x1x1  cubical  tank...we  bought  a  pair  of  small  goldfish  and  ya,  like  a  pair  of  newbies,  we  put  them  directly  into  tap  water...Ya  they  died  within  a  few  hours.

AND  TODAY  I  OWN  A  FISH  SHOP!!  

I  currently  have  17  tanks  in  the  shop,  and  an  additional  13-15  tanks  in  a  seperate  place  as  a  potential  hatchery.  I  like  to  keep  new  varieties  in  the  shop  as  people  over  here  are  really  bored  with  the  typical  GOLDFISH,  ANGEL,  KOI,  OSCAR,  DOLLAR  and  other  really  standard  varieties.  That's  why  i  started  to  keep  cichlids  and  rare  tetras  in  the  shop.  Currently  i  have  an  imported  variety  of  flowerhorns,  emeperor  tetras,  checker  barbs,  p.dennisoni,  red  belly  piranhas,  in  the  'different  variety  section'.  Ya,  and  i  do  have  a  24x12x18  tank  at  my  home  with  about  8-10  discus  at  my  home.  (going  to  make  a  60x15x24  tank  soon).

I  owe  almost  all  my  knowledge  to  the  web  and  other  internet  sources.  I  must  currently  be  having  over  150  bookmarks  of  different  webpages  on  my  browser.  Anyway,  I  sincerely  thank  madanji  for  starting  this  website.  Hope  our  circle  of  enthusiasts  keeps  on  growing  to  help  this  hobby  even  more.

Regards,
 amod.
bmukh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:06 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hi,
 I  am  Bappa,  a  professor  in  Finance  at  Management  Development  Istitute,  Gurgaon.  I  have  4  tanks  at  home.  One  i  an  `attempted'  planted  tank  with  CO2.  The  plants  include  -  cryptocoreans  9my  favourite),  Amazon  sword,  Cabombas,  Lace  leaves.  It  also  hosts  neon  tetras,  emperor  tetras,  rams  and  angels.  Two  other  tanks  are  inhabited  by  African  cichlids  and  oscars.  The  fourth  tank  is  being  set  up.  Would  like  to  know  more  IAH  members  in  and  around  Delhi.  I  promise  to  visit  some  of  you  (if  possible)  during  my  next  visit  at  Bangalore  and  my  maiden  visit  to  Chennai.  Apart  from  the  tanks  I  have  a  Boxer  and  a  St.  Bernard  at  home.  The  best  part  is  my  wife  also  shares  the  same  passion  for  aquaria  and  dogs.  

Cheers
Suby7272
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:30 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

Welcome  aboard  Prof.  Bappa    Clapping  
 It  must  truly  be  a  boon  to  have  your  spouse  share  your  interests  -  especially  aquaria    Very Happy  

Suby
ajaikumarr
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:21 pm Post subject: Sorry for being lazy. Atleast introduced myself today... Smile Reply with quote

Hai,

I  am  Ajai  working  for  a  software  company  as  Developer  come  Network  Administrator.  

I've  been  in  this  hobby  for  past  3  years...  Future  intrest  is  to  get  my  hands  on  Discuss,  Tetras  and  chichlids  on  Planted  tanks...  

Just  planted  Amazon  &  Banana  on  my  community  tank  (Reading  Madan's  &  Venki's  articles  about  planted  tanks).

I  have  6  Glass  tanks.  
 2  Tanks  in  the  size  of  36  x  18  x  18  (Community  &  Flowerhorn  Tanks)
 2  Tanks  in  the  size  of  24  x  18  x  18  (Tetra  &  Barb  Tanks)  My  DIY  Tanks  Smile  Smile  Smile
 2  Tanks  in  the  size  of  18  x  9  x  9  (Sharks  &  Chichlids  Tanks)
 More  (DIY)  tanks  to  be  added  in  another  1  or  2  months.

Intrested  in  birds  &  Dogs  too...  
 Having  10  Parakeets,  10  Finches,  2  Cockatiels  (Will  be  getting  Macaw's  sooner)  Smile
 Having  Cute  Herley  Queen  Great  Dane  puppy  (1Yrs  Old)  &  an  local  dog  (8Yrs  Old)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mohanasundaram
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:17 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hi  All,
           I  am  Mohanasundaram  working  for  IBM  as  software  Engineer  in  their  Software  Labs.  I  have  been  keeping  fish  since  I  am  10  years  old  but  it  has  been  only  few  months  since  i  started  keeping  fish  in  a  proper  way.  Now  I  have  one  4  foot  tank  with  lot  of  plants  and  diftwood.    I  learnt  a  lot  from  IAH  and  ASK.

Reards,
 Mohan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
coral_draw
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:22 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hi,

I  have  joined  IAH  some  two-month  back  and  from  long  time  I  was  thinking  to  introduce  myself  but  I  cant  find  any  thing  to  introduce  myself.

Myself  Bhaskar,  I  m  system  administrator  in  a  big  call  center  in  Gurgaon,  staying  in  Delhi.  I  have  kept  my  first  aquarium  (not  aquarium...  but  a  bowl)  6  years  ago,  which  was  gifted,  to  me  by  a  friend.    I  kept  gold  fish  in  it  which  dies  after  a  month  or  so.  I  put  that  bowl  side  &  thought  this  hobby  is  not  for  me.

Then  I  got  a  job  in  kerela  in  year  2000  &  was  staying  in  Kochi  where  there  was  aquarium  shop  just  in  front  of  my  house.  I  use  to  see  fishes  daily  in  the  shop  &  within  a  month  or  two  I  got  infected  with  the  aquarium  bug  &  I  buy  my  first  2x1x1  feet  aquarium  there.  I  have  kept  tetras,  guppies,  gold  &  angel  fish  in  it  which  slowly  dies  due  to  lack  of  knowledge  but  I  kept  buying  new  fish  to  replace  dead  once.  

After  one  and  half  year  I  came  back  to  Delhi,  &  I  bring  my  aquarium  with  me,  which  I  still  have.  As  my  experience  grows  I  was  able  to  keep  my  fishes  alive  for  the  long  time.  I  buy  new  4x1.5x1  feet  aquarium  in  2003  and  kept  angles,  gold  fish  &  sharks  in  it  which  where  with  my  for  around  one  and  years  (I  lost  all  of  them  8  in  no.  in  a  single  night,  which  was,  my  biggest  mistake,  which  I  only  realize  after  I  join  IAH  &  read  the  old  postings).

Now  a  days  I  have  converted  my  4x1.5x1  feet  aquarium  into  planted  tank  (finding  plants  in  Delhi  cost  more  than  the  cost  of  the  plants)  &  in  my  old  2  feet  aquarium  I  have  guppies  &  neon  tetras.

Beside  this  hobby,  I  like  hard  rock  music.

Regards
 Bhaskar  
marama
Frequent Visitor to IAH
Frequent Visitor to IAH

Location: 65, VGP Layout, 2nd Mn.Rd., Part2, Palavakkam, Chennai - 41

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:56 am Post subject: hi all Reply with quote

i  am  manu,  working  in  an  event  management  company  in  chennai.  i  started  this  hobby  1.5  yrs  back  with  one  3ft  tank  with  gold  and  angels  and  slowly  upgraded  to    6  tanks  .  

2x3ft  -  flower  horn  and  oscar
 3  ft  cement  tank    -  convicts  and  and  2ft  cement  witht  he  fries  of  convict
 2  ft  glass  tank  with  angels  and  serpae  tetras  and  1  ft  tank  with  3  salvini.

still  planning  for  some  more.  

regards

manu
beta
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:59 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hi  Bhaskar,
 Welcome  to  IAH  and  enjoy  your  stay  Smile  

I  like  this  part  of  your  intro  Very Happy  

coral_draw  wrote:                
Beside  this  hobby,  I  like  hard  rock  music.                
Lawrenze
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:27 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hi  Bhaskar
 Welcome  to  IAH...another  aquarist  come  hard  rocker  Rock On  
 Rgds
atul
IAH New Member
IAH New Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:47 pm Post subject: self introduction Reply with quote

Hi  All!

I  am  Atul.  I  am  an  electronics  and  telecommunication  engineer.  I  am  working  as  deputy  chief  signal  and  telecom  engineer  in  indian  railways.  To  make  it  simple,  i  deal  with  railway  signalling  system  and  telcommunication  system  in  railways  which  is  key  to  functioning  of  railways.

I  have  recently  been  bitten  by  aquarium  bug  but  thanks  to  IAH  and  other  such  useful  sites  on  nut  i  have  done  fair  amount  of  reading  on  net.  I  have  a  30x12x12  tank  with  a  pair  of  blue  gouramies  and  three  black  mollies.  The  tank  is  barely  a  month  old  and  still  cycling.

However  i  am  very  much  anguished  to  see  that  LFS  fellows  in  most  of  the  cities  are  not  enthusiasts  themselves  and  have  very  poor  knowledge  on  the  subject.  In  fact  they  are  doing  a  great  deal  of  disservice  to  this  lovely  hobby  by  not  properly  educating  newbies  and  by  not  upgrading  thier  own  skills.

i  find  that  only  cheapest  kinds  of  china  made  food  and  equipment  are  available  in  local  market.

One  day  i  plan  to  start  a  planted  aquarium  once  i  gain  some  experience.

Atul  Rastogi
apollyon
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:21 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

hi,  aditya  here
 am  into  comp  hardware/amcs  n  stuff...
 been  keeping  fish  for  the  last  4-5  yrs...dunno  how  i  missed  this  awesome  site  all  these  yrs...btw  when  did  this  site  start?..been  searching  for  such  a  site  for  long    Cheering  
 have  a  5x2x2  (empty,  waiting  for  discus)
 3x1.5x1.5  (4x3"  rbps,  gonna  give  them  away  soon)
 2-3  2.5x1x1  (all  empty)
 rbps  were  my  favourite  fish  till  now....am  totally  bitten  by  the  discus  bug  now  Very Happy  
 looking  forward  to  a  lot  of  help  from  u  guys!!
 i  found  this  site  thnks  to  madan!!..read  some  articles  of  his  on  aquarticles,  did  a  google  on  the  name  madan  subramanian  n  found  this  site!    Cheering
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ravi
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:35 am Post subject:  Reply with quote

Hi  Aditya,

Welcome  to  IAH.

apollyon  wrote:                
btw  when  did  this  site  start?..been  searching  for  such  a  site  for  long    Cheering  

June  29,2003.
Shankar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:27 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Better  late  than  never..

This  is  Shankar,  based  at  Ambattur,  Chennai.  An  Engineer  -  Electronics  from  Mumbai,  where  I  was  born  and  bought  up  and  where  this  hobby  began  in  1987  with  a  2  x  1  x  1  tank  full  of  sword-tails  and  platies.  The  latter's  ability  to  change  sex,  which  happened  a  few  times  in  my  tank  was  something  that  pulled  my  interest  and  I  was  fortunate  enough  to  get  aquarium  books  very  often  as  Birthday  gifts    Very Happy  .  

The  marine  bug  bit  me  in  1992,  where  I  was  gifted  a  pair  of  Yellow  and  Regal  Tangs  accidently,  when  I  had  a  FW  tank  only.  Then  the  challenge  and  burning  my  own  fingers  thereof,  to  try  to  keep  marines  went  on  for  almost  2  yrs,  wherein  I  spent  a  lot  of  time  and  money  (  I  used  to  sell  stamps  to  make  money  for  my  hobby  ).  Now  since  I  like  this  affair  a  lot,  I  have  switched  my  profession  to  marines  and  the  related  hobby  and  I  feel  happy  with  whatever  I  earn  from  this.  I  am  really  satisfied  that  I  spend  time  with  my  interest  24  x  7.

And  my  other  interest  is  Training  Birds.  I  love  my  daughters,  fishes,  my  GFs  and  my  wife  too.  I  carry  a  very  heavy  heart  -  Lots  of  Fishes  in  it...

Shankar
Thillu
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:02 pm Post subject:  Reply with quote

Mohanasundaram  wrote:                
Hi  All,
           I  am  Mohanasundaram  working  for  IBM  as  software  Engineer  in  their  Software  Labs.  

Reards,
 Mohan.                

wow,  another  IBMer  on  the  list..  though  now,  I'm  an  ex-IBMer    Very Happy
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  New Members and Beginners All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 10 of 96

Jump to: