108. Guest

Most Ever Online:   
 Guest(s): 464
 Member(s): 16
 Total: 480

Forums Forums:   
 Topics: 30,484

http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ :: View topic - Study room venture
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your private messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Study room venture
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index -> Aquascaping
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shameek
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:20 pm Post subject: Re: Study room venture Reply with quote

Hi  Bappa  da,  the  tank  is  looking  really  very  nice....the  driftwood  is  excellent!  Thumb Up
bmukh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:43 pm Post subject: Re: Study room venture: Update Nov 14 Reply with quote

Hi  all,
 his  is  day  04  of  my  tank.  Effectively  day  02  after  all  equipments  are  now  in  place.  First  of  all,  thanks  to  Harshal,  the  light  fitttings  are  awesome   Thumb Up   Thumb Up  .  Only  problem  is  that  Tirtha  has  threatened  to  take  away  the  lights  and  everything  if  the  tank  fails  this  time...saying  "Bappada,  you  don't  deserve  this  if  you  can't  grow  stuff  after  all  this.  Do  not  insult  ADA,  Harshal  and  Nikhil"  .  So  there,  you  all,  esp  Harshal,  Nikhil  and  Adip...help  me.  By  the  way,  Tirtha,  Adip  and  Anthony  was  here  last  evening  and  I  got  some  invaluable  tips!

Some  pics[img][/img].
 Let  me  put  my  best  foot  forward  ...so  here  goes  another

This  is  what  I  did  till  now  in  the  last  couple  of  days.
 1.  Got  the  lights  (4X54  Watts)  T5  HO...suspended  5  inches  above  the  water  surface.
 2.  Did  80%  water  change  today  a
 3.  Did  minor  aquascaping  (spread  iout  the  Glossos  a  bit,  tried  to  separate  the  stems  of  other  platns  a  bit  as  I  was  told  too  closely  planted  stem  plants  (I  have  planted  them  as  a  bunch  of  20)  could  rot  them.
 4.  Brighty  K  dosing
 5.  Removed  pressurized  CO2  from  reactor  to  diffusre.
 6.  Removed  the  HOB  and  the  power  filter.
 7.  CO2  dosing  now  almost  at  5  bps

Some  initial  problems---many  of  the  rotala  leaves  are  becoming  transparent   and  melting  away.  Especially  I  can  find  the  Rotala  Mrcaranda  (the  ones  on  the  right  corner  with  large  red  leaves  ?)  are  floating  in  the  water.  Found  some  stems  floating  too.  Replanted  them.  Are  the  leaves  melting  awnay  initially,  normal?

Will  add  another  external  canister  bio  filter  (Atman  300)  tommorrow.

Let  the  comments  come.

Bappa

Last edited by bmukh on Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
aquadip2000
Moderator - Sponsor's Forum

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:02 pm Post subject: Re: Study room venture Reply with quote

Well,

Had  great  company  last  night  with  a  few  of  the  Delhi  hobbyists  and  good  food  too....  what  should  i  say??

All  the  best  Bappa!!  Hope  to  see  your  tank  in  IAPLC  2010...
saikumar
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:41 pm Post subject: Re: Study room venture Reply with quote

Hi  Bappa,

Could  you  just  bend  the  lights  towards  the  back  of  the  tank?  I  feel  that  would  reduce  the  light(flooding  out)  straining  your  eye.
 That  must  help  you  take  few  better  pictures  as  well,  and  at  same  time  reduce  the  algae  on  your  front  glass(if  at  all)

On  the  whole  a  great  tank  in  the  making,  the  driftwood  on  the  left  just  facinates  me  with  its  tender  branches,  would  feel  still  better  if  the  dark  areas  under  that  woods  isnt  shown  :)

Cheers!
natbox
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:07 pm Post subject: Re: Study room venture Reply with quote

looks  cluttered  to  me  or  some  Sad  thing  wrong  with  my  eyesight
Tirtha C
Committed Member of IAH
Committed Member of IAH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:40 am Post subject: Re: Study room venture Reply with quote

Bappa  Da........  the  same  initial  warning.  Spread  out  those  stem  bunches.  Otherwise  they  will  start  to  rot  in  couple  of  days.
harshal
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:08 pm Post subject: Re: Study room venture Reply with quote

Hi  bappa

I  am  happy  you  liked  it.   Smile  
 The  tank  is  Looking  good!!  The  plants  should  have  straightened  out  by  now.  Keep  us  posted.  I  am  sure  this  tank  is  going  to  be  great!!  remember  to  keep  an  eye  out  on  the  light  period.

All  the  best!
bmukh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:03 pm Post subject: Re: Study room venture Reply with quote

Thanks  guys:
 Adip:  IAPLC  2010  is  a  distant  dream.  Let  me  go  through  the  initial  teething  problems.  Thanks  for  coming  and  helping  me  with  some  finer  points.  Have  increased  the  filtration  and  will  start  dosing  soon.
 Saikumar:  Will  see  if  I  can  til  the  lights  a  bit.  The  dark  portion  in  the  driftwoods  will  remain  for  a  while,  may  be  can  add  some  Anubias  later  on  or  leave  some  of  the  dark  portions  as  it  is  for  contrasts  lets  see.  And  yes,  really  need  to  pick  up  the  art  of  photography  Smile  
 Natbox:  No  problems  with  your  eyesight  Smile   you  are  right.  There  are  too  many  plants  right  now.  Wanted  it  that  way  initially  to  fight  the  algae.  Will  try  and  work  on  the  aquascape  a  bit  after  a  week.  
 Tirtha:  Tried  to  follow  your  advice  ---  hate  to  throw  away  plants  so  trying  to  separate  them  a  bit.
 Harshal:  Yes  most  plants  have  straightened  out  (including  the  Glossos  Chuckle   Chuckle  ).  So  will  lower  the  light  to  4  inches.  The  light  period  currently  is  2  hours  i  the  morning  and  4  i  the  evening.  The  CO2  during  the  light  period  is  4  bps.  

Did  water  change  (60  %)  today  morning  and  did  first  dosing--Green  Bighty  Step  I.  When  do  I  add  ECA  (  I  have  around  30%  of  the  plants  as  red  plants)?

Lastly,  my  swimming  in  60  gallons  for  last  few  days  has  landed  me  with  fever   Chuckle   Chuckle   so  reluctantly  will  be  out  of  action  with  the  tank  for  a  few  days.  (If  Tirtha  is  to  be  trusted--thats  the  best  thing  that  can  happen  to  the  tank!  Chuckle  )

Photos  soon
 Bappa
angel_lover
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:46 pm Post subject: Re: Study room venture Reply with quote

Thats  a  lovely  splash  of  colours.  I  mammoth  effort...wish  you  all  the  best  sir.
bmukh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:22 pm Post subject: Re: Study room venture Pic update Nov 22 Reply with quote

Hi  all,  
 I  will  be  travelling  tonight  leabing  behind  trail  of  colours.  Hoping  I  find  them  the  way  I  am  leaving  them,  after  a  week.  
 All  photos  courtesy  Tirtha.....  Thumb Up   Thumb Up  
 Just  changed  80%  water  today...and  this  is  how  it  looks  after  6  hours
 [img][/img]

[img][/img]

A  view  from  top:
 [img][/img]

Some  Closeups:
 Plants

splash  of  Red
 [img][/img]
 red  up  close
 [img][/img]
 they  are  beautttiiifullll  and  useful  too...here  they  are  giving  oxygen
 [img][/img]
 ...others  do  that  too
 [img][/img]
 for  her...
 [img][/img]
 ...and  them
 [img][/img]

Hope  you  enjoyed.  Will  be  back  next  Sunday  and  hopefully  can  give  some  more  updates

CO2  will  be  at  4  bps,  lighting  6  hours  a  day,  ADA  brighty  K  and  Green  Brighty  Step  1--5  ml  every  day  to  continue

Ciao

Bappa
Seetharam

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:37 pm Post subject: Re: Study room venture Reply with quote

Looking  Good  Bappa   Thumb Up
bmukh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:39 pm Post subject: Re: Study room venture Reply with quote

The  tank  looks  much  better  (Tirtha  are  you  there?  knock  knock   Chuckle   Chuckle  )

But  keeping  my  fingers  crossed  ...no  algae.  Although  plants  are  not  growing  very  fast  but  they  look  healthy  Smile  

Bappa
nash81
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:47 pm Post subject: Re: Study room venture Reply with quote

Hey  Bappa  

The  tank  looks  fantastic  !!  ...I  am  coming  soon  for  sure  once  the  plants  start  growing  to  steal  a  few  things  !!  ...  I  love  the  splash  of  colours  !!  ...  and  especially  the  shrimps  !!  ....I  am  planning  on  my  planted  soon  ...will  take  some  tips  from  you  and  tirtha  da  very  soon  !!...

Tirtha  da  !!  ...be  ready  for  a  few  phone  calls  soon  !!  ....  :)

This  time  i  have  vowed  to  myself  not  to  move  this  one  to  a  marine  !  ....  hehehe

Cheers
 Nirav  shah
 Indiapetstore.com
bmukh
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:52 pm Post subject: Re: Study room venture Reply with quote

Yes  Nirav,
 Will  tell  you  when  its  time  for  trimming  Smile  ....
 Tips...yes  at  your  own  peril   Very Happy  ...

Bappa
nash81
Regular Poster on IAH
Regular Poster on IAH

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:03 pm Post subject: Re: Study room venture Reply with quote

After  having  seen  most  of  your  creations  i  am  sure  ...i  will  do  a  better  job  with  your  tips  than  my  own  !!  ..hehe  I  am  kinda  a  new  born  baby  in  the  planted  world.  infact  i  havent  even  been  born  !!  ...

Cheers
 Nirav  Shah
 Indiapetstore.com
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view http://indianaquariumhobbyist.com/community/ Forum Index ->  Aquascaping All times are UTC + 5.5 Hours
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: